PDA

View Full Version : selling items over a stack

fay
Aug 26, 2008, 02:48 PM
say i had a spread needle / g or just somethign over a stack worth. they were offering say 2 stacks.

when selling it to someone how would you be able to get it from them.

i mean say i give item with first stack then wait for second. they could run for it. same vise versa. he gives first stack and i could run with that.

is there any safe way to complete the transaction?

relentless
Aug 26, 2008, 02:51 PM
Well I don't think so, but if I had the opportunity to run off with a stack, no thanks. Don't wanna risk getting reported. Simple as that. And vice versa, you can just **** the person up if he/she scams you.

Though, I think this game has enough people you can trust. (maybe)

beatrixkiddo
Aug 26, 2008, 02:52 PM
Find someone both of you trust.

pikachief
Aug 26, 2008, 02:52 PM
u trade 1 stack and something else worth a stack :)

DarkEliteRico
Aug 26, 2008, 03:00 PM
Multi stack trades are all about trust, if you don't trust the other person don't do it or have someone to mediate if things don't go well, would also be good for reporting needs as well if it does go south.

Basically i'll give up a stack for the main part of payment, get the item and pay the other half...but that's only because the most expensive thing i've had was a stack and a half. Even if i did bail out he would've walked out with a stack which is better then nadda

fay
Aug 26, 2008, 03:02 PM
ah. so its just trust realy.

i mean nothign against the peopel on the 360 server but maby iv just came across bad people. iv lost all trust with them tbh

DarkEliteRico
Aug 26, 2008, 03:20 PM
there are a lot of bad examples on the 360 side still but there are a lot of them who are good examples as well. Give someone a chance after you've known them for a while and you'd be suprised at what they'll do good/bad.

ThePendragon
Aug 26, 2008, 05:42 PM
Nothing is worth more than a stack.

GaNksTa
Aug 26, 2008, 05:58 PM
I recall Samurai Silhouette, a mod at the official forums, offering to overlook exchanges above a stack in game; from what I know he plays on 360, though he may have a PC/PS2 account as well.

Turb0
Aug 26, 2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah talk to a GM or mod about it first, they may be able to be there to make sure everything goes alright. I've only done 2 of these trades. The first one I got scammed but because I talked to Ruby beforehand, he was able to reimburse me. The second trade went fine with no problems whatsoever. Before you start make sure you copy down their partner card ID #, and take note of the time it takes place so you can include them if you have to send in a ticket reporting a scam.

lantis-zagato
Aug 26, 2008, 06:16 PM
yeah not everyone will try to scam you. I had some armors in my shop. All A rank and someone relatively new to the game showed up in my room and bought an armor that cost 260,000 meseta. only then when he equipped it did he realize the armor, a yamata-senba, didnt have an extra slot. The problem was he was a cast fortegunner. I could tell it was a younger kid and when he realized he had made the mistake I quickly offered to return the money for the armor. We each returned the items and he instead bought a phantom line I had for sale. The items weren't worth much but I bet the whole situation will stick in that kids mind and I hope he would do the same sort of thing if he ever had the opportunity.

Sir_Satyr
Aug 27, 2008, 07:57 AM
Why not just conduct the trade through your shop. Cumbersome maybe, but you can like put in a monomate or something in for a stack and once they take that, you can take the money out, put it in the common box, and then proceed with the rest of the transaction. In a locked room of course. If there is more than one stack being used, it would take a little character switching but it can be done.

DarkEliteRico
Aug 27, 2008, 08:13 AM
Why not just conduct the trade through your shop. Cumbersome maybe, but you can like put in a monomate or something in for a stack and once they take that, you can take the money out, put it in the common box, and then proceed with the rest of the transaction. In a locked room of course. If there is more than one stack being used, it would take a little character switching but it can be done.
Still brings a trust issue in, what if they never deliver said item after taking a portion of your money or change passwords on their room if they have one

CHA0TIX
Aug 27, 2008, 08:56 AM
I dont really like doing trades with items involved, as they never sell at the value i want, and i usualy end up selling them at a REALLY low price just to get quick cash... but I have found that using items sometimes makes people feel more at ease.

CelestialBlade
Aug 27, 2008, 09:08 AM
There's not a single item in PSU worth more than 99mil.

Cracka_J
Aug 27, 2008, 09:09 AM
I'd say you would have to trust your buyer/seller as well. When selling for over a stack, I will request that 1 stack be given up front, in good faith. The remaining balance will be traded for the actual item.

I'd expect no less buying from someone, I'd have to offer a stack up front for basically nothing, then complete the rest of the trade after.

Usually I'm never in a make or break trade deal either, I try not to force a trade on someone if they're weary. If they want out, I usually comply with no questions asked. That has actually scored me more deals and good trades in the long run then it would have to force the person to trade off the bat. You gotta build up trust with people...after they see you're not out to raep them, you can make some really good deals and friends.

Andy1423
Aug 27, 2008, 09:18 AM
Nothing is worth more than a stack.

It shouldn't be that way, but unfortunatly this games econmy is set and balanced by a kindergarden class.

Cracka_J
Aug 27, 2008, 10:04 AM
It shouldn't be that way, but unfortunatly this games econmy is set and balanced by a kindergarden class.

Somewhat, but if you have had any economics classes or ever watch stock reports, etc. you know that the big part of this economy is all supply/demand based.

Doesn't mean the prices are correct (what is correct anyway?), but it means everything is being priced according to the demand and rarity, the way it should be.

All I know is shit would be a lot worse if we didn't get that new shop engine that was included with aoi. The new system encourages a much more competitive market.

RufuSwho
Aug 27, 2008, 10:05 AM
first, to the OP, there are mods in the game that will oversee a trade for you

on the XBOX Anya will help you. he records the entire transaction audio/video

i'm not too sure how you can get in touch with them the first time, but he has been giving out his card to all who ask

he will hold all the items being traded

the transaction i saw: love inferno for 1.5 stacks and a rattlesnake, he held all items except for the half stack

which brings me to point out that everyone thinks the items in PSU are worth different prices, there are indeed items worth more than a stack

a 50% mugunruk would be, love inferno, 50% muktengek absolutely

people are buying and selling 40-46% s rank striking weapons for a stack, at least on XBOX

50% weps and armors will be more, maybe not worth it to you, but if someone is willing to pay ...

Andy1423
Aug 28, 2008, 03:33 PM
Simple solution.

Give player the ability to hold more than 99,999,999 mesta.

It's funny how easy some of the PSU solutions could be solved with a little effort from sega.

How long did it take them to add some sort of decimle (i.e. colors) to a very obvious problem.

Kylie
Aug 28, 2008, 03:37 PM
Find someone both of you trust.
This, or you can trade the stack and items worth the other amount. Idunno. I don't think I'd make a trade like unless with a close friend.

amtalx
Aug 28, 2008, 04:36 PM
Simple solution.

Give player the ability to hold more than 99,999,999 mesta.

About as simple as changing the year to be represented by 4 digits instead of 2 right?

I doubt its as complicated, but theory is ALWAYS easier than practice when it comes to programming.

Inazuma
Aug 28, 2008, 04:50 PM
There's not a single item in PSU worth more than 99mil.

which is harder to obtain?

99m meseta or the best axe in the game at 50% + 10?

it only takes about a few weeks to gather 99m meseta. its really not such a huge amount of money you know. but that 50% + 10 FM wep is extremely difficult to obtain, in comparison.

RufuSwho
Aug 28, 2008, 05:30 PM
i asked the Gm about the possibility of changing it so players could hold more meseta

the problem lies in the fact that base code cannot be altered by new additions, you can add but not change

if this was a PC only game, the base code could be revised

it depends on how deeply the given issue is ingrained in other aspects of the game

thus, maximum meseta will not be changed