PDA

View Full Version : good and bad points to PvP

ForteGunnerW
Aug 26, 2008, 03:47 PM
yeah well me and my freinds have been seeing alot of "could Psu have Pvp?" well i dont know but we came up with an idea we all know it wont be added just wanna see what you think.. well what you could do is have a place where you could make your own PAs you know Skill, force, range whatever but when your done you test it out on someone else who has also made a PA i mean it would be Pvp and you could change weps but until one of you dies.. then if it didnt work out then edit the PA max of 3 times, and so everyone doesnt Spam Pvp you can only make One PA per week i know it wont happen just wanna see what you thought..

Zarode
Aug 26, 2008, 03:59 PM
I got to PvP and then,

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4737/emotlostqb4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Yeah...

Chuck_Norris
Aug 26, 2008, 04:31 PM
I think PSU would be fine if it had PVP. Who the fuck cares if it's not balanced? PSO's wasn't balnced. Stop whining about a new game mode, damn it!

Mikura
Aug 26, 2008, 04:33 PM
PvP would be fine, but they'd have to really tweak the character stats and PAs once you entered battle. They couldn't be the same as they would be say outside of the designated PvP mission, or you'd have some really broken fights.

pikachief
Aug 26, 2008, 04:36 PM
the only problem with PSU PvP is that its like.... get hit with diga- aww u died

get hit with majjara- aww u died

get hit with a shotgun or killer shot- aww u died.

if they can adjust the stats for the mode so u dont kill each other instantly lol then it would be good.

Gi and dam spells can easily counter fighters and ra and simple techs can go against gunners.

hey they can even have teams 2 on 2 maybe even 4 on 4 that would be awesome, u would only see the health of your team so it can still fit.

i just wanna freeze someone tornado dancing at me with a rifle and blow them away with a shotgun :wacko:

GaNksTa
Aug 26, 2008, 05:05 PM
It could work out if they used the PSO Battle Quests from the Mission Counter, meaning the game type in which you started out level one; then there would be actual strategy involved rather than having all the FF pull out their 10/10 Ruby Bullets and owning everyone w/ 800+ dmg a shot.. sames goes for Techers with the Nos techs.

I also believe there was game type in which you kept your level and stats, but were striped of your equips (and PAs for PSU) and were forced to find them to fight off your opponent.. this may have been apart of the game type in which you start out as level.. but I'm not quite sure..

Like I said, it could work.. it's just a matter of if SEGA wants to even attempt it...

Miyoko
Aug 26, 2008, 06:30 PM
It wouldn't work, simply because rifles would dominate too hard. >_> Seriously, they have incredible range, the bullets fly very fast, they hit hard (enough), and at 31+, you'd get knocked down and killed :p

thematesV2
Aug 27, 2008, 04:33 PM
all of those things could have been worked around if it was designed pre release.
as it is, inserting something now would be a mess, unless you removed all the status effects, knockback, knockdown, juggle, and crap like that.

no skills, bullets, techs above 15 or 20, and everyone starts at the same level... if not that way it would be wack. although sometimes wack is fun.

and the idea that you could create a PA is outrageous. cool, but it could never work. if they did design a system where you could create your own, it would be bland. like: choose the animation. choose the effect, choose the stat to boost... then everyone would end up making a super strong PA that hits all around, and either freezes or stuns..

Telina
Aug 27, 2008, 04:37 PM
i say give the kidies PvP, if anyone wants to get their brains bashed out by majarra, or spend the entire time frozen and perpetually being knocked over let em go for it. It would bring back some people, hopefully, as long as they don't introduce any retarted in-mission pvp.

I wouldn't touch it, but if people would play it and contribute to the longjevity of the game/servers, why not....

LuigiMario
Aug 28, 2008, 01:18 PM
Download PSOBB, then connect to the private servers which are free and then try PvP by choosing what kind of PvP in the quest counter, you do this after selecting battle when starting a game an=or join a battle game.

If you do this, you'll be playing a PvP in which EVERYONE is EQUAL!

Thats the REAL PvP, not the CRAP y'all talk about, this is battle mode PvP. And this should be implemented in PSU.

You also choose the goal of battle mode as well.

So go ahead, try it. Then come back and give positive reviews about battle mode.

chaoskila
Aug 28, 2008, 03:01 PM
theres no problem with having pvp in psu just have it like in pso but knowing sega they'll fuck up.

Kylie
Aug 28, 2008, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't care if there was PVP, but I think it would be incredibly unbalanced. I mean, certain weapons and arts are so much more powerful than others. I guess it'd be something new though, and I would like something to wager on.

Cracka_J
Aug 28, 2008, 03:11 PM
You cannot take a PvE team based engine, and simply force a PvP system inside of it. The current game engine was not created with PvP in mind, and it would fail miserably if it was forced to support it.

If you are going to incorporate PvP into a game engine, it has to be a gameplay concept from the initial design, included with the rest of the design so that it can be balanced properly. The current PSU engine is designed to support PvE only. Trying to force or manipulate that into a PvP engine would create HORRID balance issues.

Seriously, if you guys want to bust a nut over PvP, go play one of those 100,000 fps games you own and splatter some dude's head on a wall if that makes you feel better about yourself. Me, I play fighters when I want strategic 1v1 gameplay. A different genre will satisfy your competitive urge. Keep that ish out of my team based PvE game.

chaoskila
Aug 28, 2008, 03:13 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/aznveitboi/2007-11-01-78169.gif
^^^ that is psu pvp. you will never win. ^^^

Truth034
Aug 28, 2008, 03:15 PM
Cards would be the best as you can strafe and freeze ppl or lightning them

AweOfShe
Aug 28, 2008, 03:17 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/aznveitboi/2007-11-01-78169.gif
^^^ that is psu pvp. you will never win. ^^^

:lol: Another accurate depiction of PVP in PSU:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2z8D-YYcvc

Cracka_J
Aug 28, 2008, 03:22 PM
:lol: Another accurate depiction of PVP in PSU

The saddest part is, people would waste their lives playing that shit.

Inazuma
Aug 28, 2008, 04:11 PM
i say go for it. even if its not properly balanced, it will still work. for example, if you are MF, make sure you only play against other MFs. that way its fair and perfectly balanced. if GM has a huge unfair advantage against MF, dont fight against one. simple solution.

Weeaboolits
Aug 28, 2008, 04:12 PM
Give it a spectator mode, I want to watch people getting Rafoiewned.

Mewnie
Aug 28, 2008, 07:42 PM
HERE WE GO AGAIN!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/Lulz/Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

necman
Aug 29, 2008, 06:34 AM
yay another pvp thread. Maybe if they added an option to pvp on any map as unbalanced as it will be at least it would give players somewhere to go other then the one map everyone is spamming for weeks on end. Well you can go to the other maps but it ends up being a solo fest. Even now gbr is becoming another white beast spam. Hardly any games going on anywhere else. yawn.

Mag_Launcher
Aug 29, 2008, 06:56 AM
HAY U L@@KED AT ME FUNNY, I'LL SHOW U, I'LL KICK UR ASS IN PVP TO PROVE I'M BETTER THAN ANYONE, HURFADURF

Yeah, pass on that. PSO can keep it's broken ass shoehorned PVP.

DavidNel
Aug 29, 2008, 08:46 AM
You can deal 15,000+ in a PA combo.... You have 3000 HP. See the problem?

Cracka_J
Aug 29, 2008, 08:53 AM
i say go for it. even if its not properly balanced, it will still work. for example, if you are MF, make sure you only play against other MFs. that way its fair and perfectly balanced. if GM has a huge unfair advantage against MF, dont fight against one. simple solution.

Sounds sweet.

Nosdiga vs. Nosdiga
Jabroga vs. Jabroga
KS vs. KS

I think I just threw up a bit.

LuigiMario
Aug 29, 2008, 09:16 AM
Download PSOBB, then connect to the private servers which are free and then try PvP by choosing what kind of PvP in the quest counter (Don't just go into the forest, idiot) you do this after selecting battle when starting a game an=or join a battle game.

Thats the REAL PvP, not the CRAP y'all talk about, this is battle mode PvP. And this should be implemented in PSU. You have to pick up weapons up off the floor, you can start off with any magic or traps (all users have same traps/magic) Everyone is the same level, and can level up. Sart from level 1 or 5 or 50 or 155 or whatever, etc. And much much more.

So go ahead, try it. Then come back and give positive reviews about battle mode. So unless all this was NOT available on SEGA servers, this was the PvP that y'all missed.

mrlionx3
Aug 29, 2008, 09:46 AM
Actually this topic isn't supposed to be here (on the forums as a whole), you can do this discussion elsewhere.

EMPYREAN
Aug 29, 2008, 10:20 AM
pvp in psu... hell no. if u want pvp go play pso/wow/gw.

besides as said be4 by some1 else, rifles would own every 1 and even more so whit a turbo controller as they pop out 2 shots in 1 sec.

ashley50
Aug 29, 2008, 10:38 AM
WHY DO PVP THREADS ALWAYS END UP LIKE THE REST?!
The replies will always be the same, I don't want it here.
Some will say "Hey it's goinna be cool lulz"
what an endless cycle this is...

[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ashley_riot/1202979442323.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Download PSOBB, then connect to the private servers which are free and then try PvP by choosing what kind of PvP in the quest counter, you do this after selecting battle when starting a game an=or join a battle game.

Thats the REAL PvP, not the CRAP y'all talk about, this is battle mode PvP. And this should be implemented in PSU.

So go ahead, try it. Then come back and give positive reviews about battle mode.

Ok there it goes, PSOBB...you should stick to PSOBB instead for PvP then :)

LuigiMario
Aug 29, 2008, 07:19 PM
WHY DO PVP THREADS ALWAYS END UP LIKE THE REST?!
The replies will always be the same, I don't want it here.
Some will say "Hey it's goinna be cool lulz"
what an endless cycle this is...

[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ashley_riot/1202979442323.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Ok there it goes, PSOBB...you should stick to PSOBB instead for PvP then :)

I'm just explaining what it is.

Download PSOBB, then connect to the private servers which are free and then try PvP by choosing what kind of PvP in the quest counter (Don't just go into the forest, idiot) you do this after selecting battle when starting a game an=or join a battle game.

Thats the REAL PvP, not the CRAP y'all talk about, this is battle mode PvP. And this should be implemented in PSU. You have to pick up weapons up off the floor, you can start off with any magic or traps (all users have same traps/magic) Everyone is the same level, and can level up. Sart from level 1 or 5 or 50 or 155 or whatever, etc. And much much more.

So go ahead, try it. Then come back and give positive reviews about battle mode. So unless all this was NOT available on SEGA servers, this was the PvP that y'all missed.

There

Raveno
Aug 29, 2008, 09:22 PM
couldn't they just have separate stats? like a ratio

McLaughlin
Aug 29, 2008, 09:35 PM
couldn't they just have separate stats? like a ratio

The class system in and of itself insures PvP will never work with any semblance of fairness. Changing stats wouldn't make a difference.

If you want to have an e-pissing contest go play WoW.

Martine
Sep 13, 2008, 01:43 AM
IŽve played PSOPVP battle. It was a funny mode. everyone started level 1, and you get exp, when u kill someone. but iŽve only tried once, cause i played on dreamcast. had no change to continue. But i really wanna that SegaŽll add soccer game instead that they had. lol. :)

MSAksion
Sep 13, 2008, 07:20 AM
RIFLES and BOWS would pwn anyone who steps into range.

The "COVER" in PSU is transparent - bullets go right through lanterns, walls, screens, Objects, Trees etc etc. As long as you aim at the person's NAME over their head you'll hit and thats not fair.

Pew step pew step pew step pew FROZEN uhoh....pew pew INFECTED pew pew pew PEW PEW PEW FROZEN again PEW DEAD.

DreXxiN
Sep 13, 2008, 12:03 PM
You cannot take a PvE team based engine, and simply force a PvP system inside of it. The current game engine was not created with PvP in mind, and it would fail miserably if it was forced to support it.

If you are going to incorporate PvP into a game engine, it has to be a gameplay concept from the initial design, included with the rest of the design so that it can be balanced properly. The current PSU engine is designed to support PvE only. Trying to force or manipulate that into a PvP engine would create HORRID balance issues.

Seriously, if you guys want to bust a nut over PvP, go play one of those 100,000 fps games you own and splatter some dude's head on a wall if that makes you feel better about yourself. Me, I play fighters when I want strategic 1v1 gameplay. A different genre will satisfy your competitive urge. Keep that ish out of my team based PvE game.

Yes because PSO DC V1 Totally incorporated PvP.

MegaZoneXE
Sep 13, 2008, 08:10 PM
the only problem with PSU PvP is that its like.... get hit with diga- aww u died

get hit with majjara- aww u died

get hit with a shotgun or killer shot- aww u died.

if they can adjust the stats for the mode so u dont kill each other instantly lol then it would be good.

Gi and dam spells can easily counter fighters and ra and simple techs can go against gunners.

hey they can even have teams 2 on 2 maybe even 4 on 4 that would be awesome, u would only see the health of your team so it can still fit.

i just wanna freeze someone tornado dancing at me with a rifle and blow them away with a shotgun :wacko:

lolol

LaMBoLOgy
Sep 13, 2008, 08:14 PM
People make it more complicated than it needs to be, if PvP was inducted into psu it would most likly bring back people which is what we need most. For the people that don't want pvp, its simple. Don't play.. For the people that do want PvP, do play. Everyone is gonna have an opinion, some people make it an extreme issue because, they can't cope with a loss. PvP is not for these people. Pvp is for people who like to challenge other players. If you thinks its unfair, just keep running GBR and white Beast; meanwhile psu will be developing a a pvp sub-culture.

Errorrrr
Sep 13, 2008, 08:58 PM
People make it more complicated than it needs to be, if PvP was inducted into psu it would most likly bring back people which is what we need most. For the people that don't want pvp, its simple. Don't play.. For the people that do want PvP, do play. Everyone is gonna have an opinion, some people make it an extreme issue because, they can't cope with a loss. PvP is not for these people. Pvp is for people who like to challenge other players. If you thinks its unfair, just keep running GBR and white Beast; meanwhile psu will be developing a a pvp cub-culture.

QFT, don't like it, DON't play it... simple.

you do know rifles and those two handed range need you to stay still right? Without a lock-on system in PSU, you can easily just keep running circles and close in on those Rifles. With marjarra, you can easily get close and kill that rifle user. One handed range is a different story, especially with Fans. Even with fans, you can still dodge them...

For balancing issue just:
half the status infliction %
half the PA and Tech multiplier, half your damage, and you are done. what's so hard tweaking this for PVP?

Seriously, don't tell me you guardians NEVER fought against ANOTHER guardian during your training days? Sega could just make a mission in the colony: Guardian Sparring Practice or some crap like that.

Poncho_Jr
Sep 13, 2008, 11:44 PM
http://bp1.blogger.com/_PnaNcWIkKeg/RjO5RyPFqfI/AAAAAAAAARk/D6YXpxvuWZM/s320/sleeping_lion.jpg

Reki_III
Sep 14, 2008, 10:38 AM
Heres a thought:
Have level caps to fights. Each chunk will only allow levels in that range to fight other players in that range, unless you are part of a party, then the level caps would be off. PvP would be able to settle those "My character is better than yours" moments. If a person is quick enough and uses tactics, a Lv10 could take down a Lv80, given that they don't get hit too much at all. (While we're at it, why not make a network-network mode?)

The PSO version of offline PvP was horrible. There were super-strong monsters that you couldn't even damage. And, your Techs carried over in a few modes. Use Grants on your opponent and they died ten times over with one hit.

Overall, PvP might actually be good depending on how it works. Too many rules = Bad experience

DreXxiN
Sep 14, 2008, 03:30 PM
a Lv10 could take down a Lv80,

Reminds me of PSO PvP where someone really low level with a lot of ATA could kill a higher level with double sabers or mechs because they wouldn't fall down. Weak attack combo to death ftw!

Reki_III
Sep 15, 2008, 12:33 AM
PSO PvP was severly unbalanced because they tried to balance it out to make it "fair". I try to see if my character is better leveled than my opponent, as is the point of PvP. (Not that I've tried PvP anywhere else...)

Ryosuke_Kura
Sep 15, 2008, 08:49 AM
The only good point to having PvP in PSU is that we have some more competitive gameplay.

The bad thing, it probably won't be good considering Sega.

They would have to make MANY changes (battle system and stat changes) for PvP for me to want to play it.

Playing PSU PvP with our current battle system would be horrid to me atleast.

Cracka_J
Sep 15, 2008, 09:35 AM
Yes because PSO DC V1 Totally incorporated PvP.

PSO is another case where PVP was forced into the game engine, that's why so many people ended up despising the way it worked. It was a forced gimmick, not an initial design plan. Something I pointed out as being "bad" in my original post.

If you were trying to criticize what I had originally said, you might want to be clearer on your point. Stating PSO as a good example of forcing PvP into an engine isn't the best way to go about that...

Rambo!
Sep 15, 2008, 09:16 PM
Significant changes would have to be made to the gameplay mechanics for head to head pvp to work. The closest thing this game should have to pvp is either endurance mode (soon coming) and time attack mode (already had with mag). If you want to pvp go play WoW. Besides there is no varitiy to this game> sure there are different PA and attacks types but really you can not build your character stat wise different than anyone else and In most other MMO's with Pvp it makes it more interesting when several different builds of the same basic Idea go head to head to see who has the best build. If Sega gave us more freedom with out leveling (AKA letting use point experience points into the stats we wanted not just forcing us to gain a set amount) Pvp would maybe be a tad more interesting.