PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Users, PSU discs

dc534
Aug 26, 2008, 04:05 PM
So has anyone else gone through like 3 or more PSU disks. I just dont get it, well the first one I let a younger sibling use when I was home from college and it was given back scratched to hell. The last two disks however just freeze up on the main menu. I do not believe it is the xbox because it plays all my other disks I play, call of duty 4. I only play like 3 games besides this one. I sometimes play the new stuff, I cant wait to try out To Human. Well I guess I will have to find another copy somewhere, probably will have to order it online.

fay
Aug 26, 2008, 04:29 PM
im on my third disk lol

amtalx
Aug 26, 2008, 04:31 PM
I am still on my original disc. :confused:

blujah
Aug 26, 2008, 04:39 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems#Scratched_discs

pikachief
Aug 26, 2008, 04:43 PM
Fall Dashboard update lets u install your games to your harddrive so all u will need is the disc in the disc tray for proof u have the game and it will run entirely on the harddrive! ^^

i only have room to do this for 1 game and its gonna be PSU cuz my game stores around me are out of PSU games and this is my 4th disc D:

Sekani
Aug 26, 2008, 05:36 PM
I found out myself after going through about four discs that it could also be a symptom of a bad DVD drive. You'll play most other games fine because they're not continuously accessing the disc as much as PSU is.

Turb0
Aug 26, 2008, 06:18 PM
I've been playing a little over a year and I'm still on my first disc. Depending on how much room it takes up I might install it on the HD though just in case.

dc534
Aug 26, 2008, 08:01 PM
I guess I should not have played 4200hrs of PSU. Although this last disk I only have put about 1000 hours on.

vq35dank
Aug 28, 2008, 02:17 AM
my disc was so bad i had to buy a disc laser cleaner from radio shack . it wouldnt read any games. before now it reads my marred copy of psu. lol. and anything else i shove in there.

thematesV2
Aug 28, 2008, 08:21 AM
still on my first disk, but i've only put about 200 hours in.. plus about 12 for offline mode...

Hwang
Aug 28, 2008, 08:26 AM
On my second disk as my first 1 got scratched to hell, it would crash everytime I tried to go to another city, brought a new 1 and it works fine.

Cracka_J
Aug 28, 2008, 09:03 AM
Fall Dashboard update lets u install your games to your harddrive so all u will need is the disc in the disc tray for proof u have the game and it will run entirely on the harddrive! ^^

i only have room to do this for 1 game and its gonna be PSU cuz my game stores around me are out of PSU games and this is my 4th disc D:

Is this update already out, or coming out soon? I haven't fired up my 'box in a bit...

My friend had his hd/loader setup for ps2 and it was godly. 0 loading 360 games will = pure joy.

chicken105
Aug 28, 2008, 02:17 PM
my 4th disc just got eaten yesterday... Ordered a new PSU disc... I can't wait for the fall update... It would save so much :)
So im about to go on my 5th.
EDIT: the funny thing is my original disc is in horrible condition. yet still works the best! The other ones get a disc read error on neudaiz lobby, dolby 2.0 sound thing & the last one gets a disc read error loading psu... :(

dc534
Aug 28, 2008, 03:26 PM
I think a lot of my problem is the Disk Drive. I am going to send my xbox in to Microsoft this weekend and hopefully I will get it back sometime before we get the Dashboard update.LOL.

DarkEliteRico
Aug 28, 2008, 05:00 PM
on second only because i gave up on the game during the ass end of winter event, came back three months later with a new copy....minor scratches but that's user error

RufuSwho
Aug 28, 2008, 05:35 PM
on my 4th disc

odd coincidence, as my first xbox winded down into the eventual Red Ring of Death, my PSU disc(s) stopped functioning, and caused the problem you are describing with the Neudiaz lobby not showing up correctly

it is true that your disc drive could be the problem, also true that PSU accesses the disc often compared to other games

has anyone installed the disc to their hard drive?

if so, are you still plagued by lag as most of us are?

Brainwrecked
Aug 29, 2008, 03:08 AM
I found out myself after going through about four discs that it could also be a symptom of a bad DVD drive. You'll play most other games fine because they're not continuously accessing the disc as much as PSU is.

Actually, games like Mass Effect access the disc more as they are loading game data on the fly.

PSU v1 stuff puts more wear on the drive because time between disc access is enough to let the drive spin down. Constant spin-down and spin-up is probably worse for a drive than constant loading.

Crimson Rappy
Aug 29, 2008, 03:21 AM
I'm on my second only because my dad accidentally knocked over my xbox. While the xbox was falling, the disc was still reading in the drive. When I tried to play it again, it kept reading as a DVD disc instead of a game disc.

Seority
Aug 29, 2008, 04:08 AM
3rd
PS2 though...
;>>

Hiro_EtBlue
Aug 29, 2008, 04:25 AM
I am on my original disc. But its starting to freeze up on me so it may be time to replace it. It lasted about 2500 hours, so I guess I can't complain too much.

RufuSwho
Aug 29, 2008, 12:00 PM
did you know you can repair discs with turtle wax?

this worked for my son's copy of Mario Party 8

it was seriously damaged - my kids (triplets) were running it back and forth over the bricks on our fireplace hearth

i did NOT think this would work, but it did

Midicronica
Aug 29, 2008, 12:19 PM
I think I'm on my 4th or 5th.

HELLBOT
Aug 29, 2008, 05:15 PM
So has anyone else gone through like 3 or more PSU disks. I just dont get it, well the first one I let a younger sibling use when I was home from college and it was given back scratched to hell. The last two disks however just freeze up on the main menu. I do not believe it is the xbox because it plays all my other disks I play, call of duty 4. I only play like 3 games besides this one. I sometimes play the new stuff, I cant wait to try out To Human. Well I guess I will have to find another copy somewhere, probably will have to order it online.

i fell you bro i'm on my 6th disk (got 4 free because my xbox ate them) also too human is a awsome game it's like a futuristic fable BUT you do not buy the best wepons they randomle drop. i'm using it as a filler till my LE Fable2 arrives in my mail-box