PDA

View Full Version : 300% GBR Drop Rate Gimped ??

Indica
Aug 27, 2008, 11:27 AM
Okarod and the wand seems to be dropping pretty common, but what about 13-15* Material? It's almost extremely rare that any high * material ever drops. 300% Drop Rate with 3* Luck should have some effect but I dont see it. Yes, I notice a lot of Neu Walna dropping though.

Would it be possible that Sega is going to secretly adjust these drop rates the last week or next few weeks of GBR?

Feign
Aug 27, 2008, 11:33 AM
I noticed that too. A ton of "meh, don't know if want" stuff

CHA0TIX
Aug 27, 2008, 12:02 PM
I noticed that too. A ton of "meh, don't know if want" stuff

As a gunner, I don't want this stuff also, but I sure like selling that Okarod for 800k a pop.

... and the Granahodorac board, I spent 17mil on Paural and sold it in under an hour for 30mil.

So far, I've made around a 50mil profit from running GBR - It's awesome.

Cracka_J
Aug 27, 2008, 12:14 PM
On the same note, my friends had a similar discussion last night. What exactly is GBR boosting?

Is it the drop anything rate? You would assume not, because a 100% drop anything rate would be the maximum. A creature cannot drop more then 100% of the time. It would be pointless to have a rate higher then that.

Is it a specific drop that is binded to the enemy? As in a board, made wep, material, etc? I'm thinking this is what it's referring to...but the general description is vague.

And then you have area drops and boss boxes. Area drops are set to a specific rate, separate from enemy drops anyway, so do they get effected? What about boss boxes, who's drop rate are always 100%...can they possibly be effected (see rule above), or is it still dumb luck?

I wish there was some description of what the "GBR BOOST" actually boosted, as I think it only effects a portion of drops and not everything on the stages. Is there more info on this anywhere?

Ceresa
Aug 27, 2008, 12:22 PM
If any enemy drops something 33% of the time, a 300% boost would make it drop something 100% of the time.

That's my theory anyways.

mll
Aug 27, 2008, 12:25 PM
I think Ceresa has it right.
Pretty sure the boost doesn't affect boss or box drops.

Arika
Aug 27, 2008, 12:35 PM
Correct, it boost the drop rate, but not specific to rare drop rate.

but usually monster doesn't has 33% drop rate tho. they usually have about 20% drop rate on lv 3 luck, and the 100%+300% boost => around 80% drop rate.

thematesV2
Aug 27, 2008, 01:00 PM
yes, 100% drop rate doesn't mean it will drop every time. it means each monster has it's normal drop rate. 200% is only twice as possible, so if drop rates for rares are at around 2 - 10 percent, even at 300% drop rate boost, the drop rates are only 6-30 percent..

WhiteKnight01
Aug 27, 2008, 04:13 PM
I look at it like this at 300% boost the board or weapon will drop 3 times as much, I had a run to day where 3 granadoric (crap spelling) boards droped one after another in the same mission I look at it as if that was a normal run at 0% boost we would have just giten 1 board

RegulusHikari
Aug 27, 2008, 05:04 PM
We've put some thought into it, yes, and the way I look at the dropping process is like this. It's a little lengthy but hear me out:

Step 1 - Enemy Dies

Step 2 - Drop Anything Rate
Enemies have a drop anything rate. This rate satisfies whether or not the enemy is to drop an item. Period. It has nothing to do with WHAT the enemy is to drop. Whether this value is consistent for all enemies across a given mission or specific to different enemies is completely a shot in the dark. Example:

Yes (20%)
No (80%)

Step 3 - Choosing a Drop Type
Ok, this is where it gets really fuzzy, really quick. We all know that a plethora of items drop in every mission. But do the enemies each have those Vulcaline and Vestaline assigned to them as specific drops? Logic would tell you no and here's why. What I ASSUME happens at this point is the code decides using multiple variables what KIND of item to drop. Your basic ores and rarer gems like Goldania are AREA SPECIFIC. This is fact. A Booma in Forest won't drop ores (-lines) but a Booma in Sakura Blast will. However, a Booma, regardless of the area it's in, can drop Booma Claws. This alone is proof that drops are classified differently and at some point the game has to choose which to pick from. The way I see it, there are two solutions here (try to stick with me):

Area Drops (60%)
Meseta (30%)
Booma Claw (5%)
Durandal Replica (4%)
Ryo-crezashi+ (1%)

OR

Area Drops (60%)
Monster Specific Drops (40%) (the game then proceeds to generate ANOTHER variable, complicating the process even further)

SO - let's say, for example, it DOES boost the DAR like you say. If the DAR is set to 20% with 0 luck, a 300% boost will give us an 80% chance of getting an item. That's it, GBR boost over. Doesn't sound too exciting does it? So the problem is deciding WHICH of these values is boosted, and that is impossible because I can't access the code for this game and if I could I would probably have a hemmorhage trying to decipher it.

TL;DR: DROPS ARE MORE COMPLICATED THAN I SHOOT JOO AND I GETS RAR.

desturel
Aug 27, 2008, 06:14 PM
So the problem is deciding WHICH of these values is boosted, and that is impossible because I can't access the code for this game and if I could I would probably have a hemmorhage trying to decipher it.

The creature's rare item (aka Crimson/Ryo-Crezashi+ for Booma, Dori/Creazashi+ for Sageeta) is the item that is boosted the most.

Examples:
Forest of Illusion:
Rare Rappy drop Halp Serafi, Kohibumiteri, Daggers of Serafi to the exclusion of everything else)
Jigobooma drop Shato instead of Cactus Chair

Phantom Fissure:
Bil de Melan drop Gudda Hon instead of Melan Fist

I'm sure if Rappy Gugg was in one of the rare missions with a 500% drop rate, they would drop Hizeri-senba more often than Gugg Crown. As it is, in a party with <100% boost you will get more Perori Mate. In a party with a >150% boost you will get more Gugg Crowns. I haven't run with a party with a 250% boost rate yet so I can't say so far for that. The one 206% party I ran with got 6 Okarod and 3 Vish Feara in one Hill of Spores run.

Unfortunately it appears that Kakwane tail is boosted over Junaline as during that run I saw more Kakwane Tail than any other drop.

Also area weapon drops decrease as percentage goes up. IOW you will get less [b] Okanoc and Rikauteric and more [b] Okarod and Creasaud+.

RegulusHikari
Aug 27, 2008, 08:05 PM
*words go here*

Right. Which is why I'm trying to say it isn't that infamous DAR that's boosted like everyone thinks. People say I'm overthinking things, but they don't realize it's a bit more complex than they think.

FALANGEE69420
Aug 27, 2008, 09:00 PM
If any enemy drops something 33% of the time, a 300% boost would make it drop something 100% of the time.

That's my theory anyways.

1/100 drop rate boosted by 300% is 3/100 think about it

Nirvash7
Aug 27, 2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I'll think about it when I play PSO.

PSU doesn't have the same drop rate system that PSO does.

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 27, 2008, 09:07 PM

Add to that the fact that you also have a 1 in 6 chance to get the drop as the rest of your party could acquire it as well so you actually have a 0.5% chance to find and get the drop versus a 1.5% chance when playing solo. Also as Boss boxes are not affected by luck I doubt they would be affected by the drop rate bonus either.

Bottom line is that the more enemies you encounter the greater the chance to see a drop from that type of enemy. Certain items are dropping more frequently due to the higher amount of a specific type of enemy. The drop rate bonus is working but don't expect to get the best item every single time you kill an enemy.

Ceresa
Aug 27, 2008, 09:10 PM

Think about what? You just said the same thing I did.

Arika
Aug 27, 2008, 09:26 PM
No, the drop rate is "+"
100%+300% = 400%
so if the base drop rate is 1/100, then the new drop rate will be 4/100

Indica
Aug 28, 2008, 06:34 AM
Ive seen Okarod drop 3 times in one run, but never all 3 at once before

http://7dust.net/PSU/AOI_402.jpg

desturel
Aug 28, 2008, 07:06 AM
People say I'm overthinking things

That's okay. The last time I brought up the Forest of Illusion and Moatoob GBR comparison (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2014256&postcount=57) I was ignored too. :P

But that's okay. People can believe what they want.

thematesV2
Aug 28, 2008, 08:30 AM
i don't know, sometimes, I SHOOT JOO, AND GET RAR.

so I would say that sometimes the drop rate is absolute 100% for rars.

Cracka_J
Aug 28, 2008, 08:55 AM

lolwhutic

relentless
Aug 28, 2008, 09:07 AM

Seems like you mistook those 100% drops which apparently occasionally happen for luck+coincidence.

pikachief
Aug 28, 2008, 09:40 AM
when i played it'd see at least 5-8 okarods a day drop (playing with the same group) and it took me 4 days to get one -_-

thematesV2
Aug 28, 2008, 09:54 AM
I was being sarcastik

sarcastik - a phrase or sentence spoken with the intention of humor or insult without really meaning the phrase or sentence, maybe.

i guess i should have stated who i was reffering to.. since the post was back on page 1..

RegulusHikari
Aug 28, 2008, 03:01 PM
That's okay. The last time I brought up the Forest of Illusion and Moatoob GBR comparison (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2014256&postcount=57) I was ignored too. :P

But that's okay. People can believe what they want.

That's actually a very good point you make with the Holiday Rappies, I didn't consider that. That's enough proof for me. Makes me REALLY wish I knew those Hill of Spores spawn charts.

thematesV2... ehh, I'm not even sure that post had a point, so never mind. :disapprove:

Edit: About those charts... thanks Angra. :wacko: