PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 S+1 price?!?

Telina
Aug 27, 2008, 04:31 PM
Any one check the price on S+1's lately? they're going for 100k.

not too odd by itself but S+2's are like 10k whats so special about S+1's? i'm pretty sure i havn't missed anything too noteworthy lately.... but this is puzzling me.

Dragwind
Aug 27, 2008, 04:42 PM
It was probably just a random price, or a mis-price.

Telina
Aug 27, 2008, 04:49 PM
I wish it was, but there is nothing below 100k people have them up for all 9's too. Something's going on with them.... o.O can't understand what

Zarode
Aug 27, 2008, 05:00 PM
Well...

With a game full of idiots, an idiotic market is a surprise?

I'm just gonna go with Dragwind on this one. Random prices. And people follow it too, hoping to make a profit.

RufuSwho
Aug 27, 2008, 05:00 PM
it is because they have a (implied) garuantee to raise your weapon to 1/10

from experience, sometimes your weapon will break on the first grind, even though the NPC message says that it will not

with S+1 this will happen less often on the first grind, if at all

Alastor_Haven
Aug 27, 2008, 05:09 PM
With a game full of idiots, an idiotic market is a surprise?

Indeed!

Indica
Aug 27, 2008, 05:12 PM
Last Grind boost using S+1 on first grind we didnt get "No Chance Of Failure" so if that applies with this boost, S+1 is useless garbage.

RufuSwho
Aug 27, 2008, 05:24 PM
the "no chance of failure" message is useless, because you can still fail...

unless you use a s+1

you will not get the "no chance of failure message"

but many people, including my friends, have noticed that for the 1st grind you will fail less with a S+1

this IS what is driving up the prices, but is not necessarily true

Triple_S
Aug 27, 2008, 05:26 PM
If it's a rumor, it's a damned expensive rumor.

Nirvash7
Aug 27, 2008, 05:57 PM

unless you use a s+1

but many people, including my friends, have noticed that for the 1st grind you will fail less with a S+1

I call bullshit on that. The game broke a ton of weapons with 3* luck and S+1's going from 0 to 1 with me. S+1 has a success rate +1. S+10's have a success rate +10. I've never seen a weapon break from going to 1 with an S+10.

Once again, it's just a bunch of retarded fuckin scrubs making up rumors to try to get rich quick.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 27, 2008, 06:20 PM
"no chance of failure''

95%-100%

Kizeragi
Aug 27, 2008, 06:26 PM
"no chance of failure''

95%-100%

Yup, this.

I agree with Drag also, prolly a misprice. Or some person trying to make money, which wont happen.

goldbrease
Aug 27, 2008, 07:27 PM
i think its more that someone has just been buying up every grinder +1 and then putting them back out at 100k. i see this in other games were people will try buying all of an item and then slap their own price on it.

Gunslinger-08
Aug 27, 2008, 08:00 PM
maybe someone thinks they'll find a sucker who wants to try for a 0/0 weapon?

Para
Aug 28, 2008, 03:39 AM
Hey... if it sells... who's stupid then? ;|

RICHYRICH
Aug 28, 2008, 04:04 AM
Yea i agree its prabably a rumor

Andy1423
Aug 28, 2008, 10:11 AM

unless you use a s+1

This is not true.

The + # after a grinder is the modifer that you will pass the required break point

( i.e. : very high chance ~ %80 - %94.9 to succed.)

Meaning that you would need to "roll" a 21 or higher integer. The + # adds to this, sometimes swaying the break point by the needed integer. +1 is the lowest modifer, not the best.

++++++++++++++

People have their querky ways to try and understand a perfect grinding method, but "rolling" a strand of high rolls is very hard to do, thus not many 10/10's. It's all luck, even a +10 modifier won't save you from the break point if you "roll" snake eyes. You know what I mean.

goldbrease
Aug 28, 2008, 08:40 PM
except that psu has loaded dice and it will roll snake eyes very often.

necman
Aug 29, 2008, 06:17 AM
I don't know anything about s+1 grinders but I know A weapons are very easy to get to the sixth grind. On the 5th grind it says very high with +8 but almost always breaks for me but the +7 which is only high never broke once. I use the same grind sequence for my a grinds and always make it to 6 without breaking. I either just have real good luck with it or there is a pattern. I'm still working on it.