PDA

View Full Version : Worst. Synth. Ever.

Randomness
Aug 28, 2008, 12:25 AM
So I get to the next town, go in and look at what stuff I can make. I can upgrade an old dagger for the dog. The upgraded version has three skills. Half damage. Quater damage. Minimal Damage (All damage reduced to 1).

Guess what? Its MY damage.

I promptly reequiped the other weapon I had been using. (I don't want to make the ninja-dog mad)

Btw, this is Tales of Vesperia, I figure this is far enough down that the mouse-over preview wont show it.

On a side note... Overlimit is AWESOME. Heres my guide to using it effectively in a battle:
1-Pop a gel to recover your TP (You'll be needing it)
2-Run into the middle of the enemies
3-Engage Overlimit, blowing them away in the process
4-Spam Arte of choice. (I find Azure Edge to be quite effective here for bosses, since its fast and holds them in place for a while, but anything works. I plan to see how fast I can use magic when the casting time is zero soon)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 28, 2008, 01:04 AM
Next time don't teach an old dagger new dog tricks?

I really can't supply you with a more suitable moral than that.

Larian
Aug 29, 2008, 02:10 AM
OMG ITS OUT AND I CANT BUY IT CAUSE ITS 2 IN THE MORNING...BUT WAIT THE SUPER K IS OPEN AND I CAN GO THERE SEE YOU GUYS LATER BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tact
Aug 29, 2008, 08:23 AM
Maybe your streak of capital letters will be broken by the time you get back. :wacko:

Shadowpawn
Aug 29, 2008, 09:11 AM
OMG ITS OUT AND I CANT BUY IT CAUSE ITS 2 IN THE MORNING...BUT WAIT THE SUPER K IS OPEN AND I CAN GO THERE SEE YOU GUYS LATER BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.smbhq.com/users/sss/pics/kirby.jpg

Monochrome
Aug 29, 2008, 08:26 PM
Thought this was gonna be about electro music, for some reason..

Tact
Aug 29, 2008, 08:34 PM
No, you can go look at Talon's threads for that kind of stuff.

We're actually using Phantasy Star Universe terminology, as hard as it is to believe.

TalHex
Aug 29, 2008, 08:36 PM
clicky sig takes yo there

Randomness
Aug 30, 2008, 12:37 AM
I have now defeated a one-on-one boss. Talk about hellish. (Mostly... because I kept hitting the wrong direction to trigger a Lv4 Overlimit. The boss in question starts to constantly interrupt your attack chains after the initial chatting, so the invulnerability of level 4 is a must. And level 3 is required for the final attack.)

In doing so... I dealt out 200,000ish damage in a matter of one or two minutes.

How to annihalate ANYTHING: (Note, I used Limit Bottles to reload for a second run to reach 200,000)

1-Overlimit, Level 4.
2-Attack>Attack>Attack>Shining Fang>Shining Dragon Swarm>Divine Wolf>Savage Wolf Fury.
3-Watch Yuri tear target to shreds with his Mystic Arte. Just, with about every possible hit you could score beforehand. (If I had some more of the Super Chain skills, it might have been possible to perform Shining Fang Drop into Shining Dragon Swarm.)

Rather destructive for only hitting six buttons.

Tact
Aug 30, 2008, 06:14 AM
You should go beat him again with a Minimal Damage weapon. That would be fun to watch. Well...it would be fun to watch if it were sped up a little bit.

Good luck hitting him 200,000 times. :wacko: