PDA

View Full Version : Subscription question?

Maede
Aug 28, 2008, 11:55 AM
K I had ended my subscription a long time ago however I was feeling like I wanted to play again however I'm a bit confused. I went online and logged in because i couldn't remember what my account was called also I wanted to see if my characters were alive cuz i had read that they would be deleted. Anyways so it let me log on and they were there so I though I would just try and enter with a character, and it let me in so im confused since I know i canceled my subscription I even check my account on sega. So here's what I want to know are they only making you pay for the updates now? or do i still have some days left that I can play on also might logging in wasted some?

JAFO22000
Aug 28, 2008, 11:59 AM
K I had ended my subscription a long time ago however I was feeling like I wanted to play again however I'm a bit confused. I went online and logged in because i couldn't remember what my account was called also I wanted to see if my characters were alive cuz i had read that they would be deleted. Anyways so it let me log on and they were there so I though I would just try and enter with a character, and it let me in so im confused since I know i canceled my subscription I even check my account on sega. So here's what I want to know are they only making you pay for the updates now? or do i still have some days left that I can play on also might logging in wasted some?

Maybe you paid for a six month subscription and still have a few days left on it?

If not, then enjoy the free play period!

Maede
Aug 28, 2008, 12:01 PM
No it was 30+15 days and it was around jan that i started. And it says its can canceled along with no more subscriptions.

JAFO22000
Aug 28, 2008, 12:08 PM
If I were you, I'd check the statement for the credit card that you used to ensure that it is not still being charged.

If not, then ENJOY YOU'RE FREE PLAY!!!

Maede
Aug 28, 2008, 12:15 PM
Yeah if i was still getting billed I would have heard about it so I guess I have some free play assuming it still works I didn't go far into the game cuz i didn't want to waist what time i might have since I was actually planning to play tales of vespera today... PSU it is then!

Thing was that it didn't actually seem to give me any really updates there was like a 2 second update but that was it and there was at least 7 game guard updates so maybe I just dont get the updates.

Cracka_J
Aug 28, 2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah if i was still getting billed I would have heard about it

Sounds like somebody was using their mom/dads CC. I would ask them to check their online CC transaction history, chances are they are still being charged $10 a month.

Sega does not notify you if/when they are going to bill you. They just do it if you have a monthly sub. However the $10 charges do show up on your credit card transaction list. They come up as Sega enterprises or something of the like.

Also, you say you don't know what your account was, but somehow you managed to log into it on playsega and verified that it was cancelled? That's a bit of conflicting information. I would re-log back into playsega and check the current status of your account. I believe it should say inactive or canceled if indeed your account has been deactivated.

If all that checks out to be canceled, and you haven't received any charges, then ya, go enjoy your free time.

DavidNel
Aug 28, 2008, 01:04 PM
Sega does that. Cancled my sub for PSOO back in the day and they kept charging me for 2 years... Actually, they charged me 3x each month. Never got the money back..

Maede
Aug 28, 2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah well my mom usually does a witch hunt on these things and my brother also plays online games, however he knows how much they are and by now my mom would notice if sega was on and my brother would know if he was paying to much.

Also btw the reason I was able to log in was because the game saves your account name and pass on the loggin I just had to guess the pass.

Cracka_J
Aug 28, 2008, 03:31 PM
Also btw the reason I was able to log in was because the game saves your account name and pass on the loggin I just had to guess the pass.

Well, that's also your playsega.com login as well. I'd recommend visiting the website now that you have your login and password, and checking what your account status is set to.

Maede
Aug 28, 2008, 04:48 PM
Well, that's also your playsega.com login as well. I'd recommend visiting the website now that you have your login and password, and checking what your account status is set to.

Yeah my subscription was canceled and still is so the only two remaining options left are that since I never played my bonus two weeks it is now starting the count for them or its glitched and im free for life... XD heres hoping. :D
And I checked out the bills too its not there.