PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB

SStrikerR
Aug 28, 2008, 07:32 PM
Well, on a certain private server it has been decided to delete of the quests "The military strikes back", "strange sightings", and "tyrell's last hope," BUT ONLY ON THE BB VERSION OF THE GAME.
Oh and "A new hope"'s prizes are being fucked up.

To most of you this won't matter, but to someone who plays BB, this is seriously fucked up.

Mewnie
Aug 28, 2008, 07:51 PM
You get what you pay for! ;3

AlexCraig
Aug 28, 2008, 08:00 PM
Strange Sighting is gone? Damn... glad I got my Inferno Bazooka from a Hildeblue while I could.

Kylie
Aug 28, 2008, 08:19 PM
And it's free, so.. :$ I'm still a newbie on BB though, and I have no idea what quests you're talking about. But I'm sure they have a reason for removing those quests. Why would they otherwise?

AlexCraig
Aug 28, 2008, 08:31 PM
I haven't done the other two, but Strange Sighting has a 100% chance of finding the rare hildeblue monster (which has a 7/8 chance for rare items) or hildetorr on ultimate (1/2 chance for rare item).

Leviathan
Aug 28, 2008, 10:43 PM
Still got Sunset Base. ;D

Kent
Aug 28, 2008, 11:07 PM
If you currently play Phantasy Star Universe, you effectively triple the amount of irony in your statement.

Mewnie
Aug 28, 2008, 11:13 PM
If you currently play Phantasy Star Universe, you effectively triple the amount of irony in your statement.

At least we have a legitimate reason to voice our frustration ;3

Zarode
Aug 28, 2008, 11:38 PM
Considering there is only one legit PSOBB Private server...

Why did "he" take those quests off? Any good reasons?

Out_Kast
Aug 29, 2008, 12:21 PM
Well, I suppose because everyone spams them for exp and 'RAREZ'.
I think Towards the Future should have been taken out too :wacko:

AlexCraig
Aug 29, 2008, 04:40 PM
But TTF is an official mission. I don't think these other ones were. (Don't quote me on that, I am not 100% sure)

Out_Kast
Aug 29, 2008, 05:41 PM
Well I know for a fact that MSB and SS were user-made quests. Not sure abour TLH, but I think that might have been too.

Sayara
Aug 29, 2008, 06:30 PM
MSb was a very dumb mission anyway.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 29, 2008, 06:58 PM
It was a good QUEST for a while.

Until you got to fight two Gol Dragons.
[spoiler-box]LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG[/spoiler-box]

AlexCraig
Aug 29, 2008, 06:58 PM
Was that the one with the hundreds of monsters in that one Temple room?

Nitro Vordex
Aug 29, 2008, 07:03 PM
Yes. You and I did that quest and got to the dragon, actually.

Triple_S
Aug 29, 2008, 07:03 PM
Yeah, that sucks.

And they're being Super Nazi about it too. Basically the community, whom this affects the most, gets NO say in this and all topics relating to it are deleted and the people against it are usually warned.

KodiaX987
Aug 29, 2008, 07:06 PM
50% of the job done! Now to get rid of TTF so people can stop farming the same fucking quest all day.

AlexCraig
Aug 29, 2008, 07:12 PM
Feh. I just do simple runs. But if they get rid of TTF, I'll be pissed. I can understand MSB and SS, since they are like instant rares, but you do anything for a long enough time and people will gain a lot of levels. And I hate how they deny the public any choice.

Zarode
Aug 29, 2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah, that sucks.

And they're being Super Nazi about it too. Basically the community, whom this affects the most, gets NO say in this and all topics relating to it are deleted and the people against it are usually warned.

Um. There is probably a good reason for this. :disapprove:

Besides. YOU are playing on HIS server, and what HE wants to do with it is NONE of your business. It begins to matter when you actually start taking care of the server or pay for it. Try to understand, there are perfectly legit reasons to these sort of things.

Aisha379
Aug 29, 2008, 08:15 PM
I've been a member on said persons website for quite awhile before the BB server was even made public (though I honestly don't give a shit about BB).

Although I admit I really don't understand the reasons for removing these quests (Get rid of things used a lot? Just because they give nice EXP and items? BB's items were crazy broken to begin with) I must certainly say all the complainers better be damn happy its not my server.

Seriously, they can be assholes, but they are also not paid and very unappreciated. If I was running a server and having people talk to me like they get talked to, everyone would login one day to find a picture of a middle finger at the ship select screen with scrolling text at the top:

"FUCK YOU WHINERS, GO MAKE YOUR OWN SERVER THEN AND LET ME HAVE MY PC BACK".

I would then, of course, destroy the BB server program, never spreading a copy of it to anyone, and proceed to laugh manically as people begged for forgiveness or became even more angry.

TLDR : (Get a better attention span, you shithead)

Triple_S
Aug 29, 2008, 08:58 PM
Um. There is probably a good reason for this. :disapprove:

Besides. YOU are playing on HIS server, and what HE wants to do with it is NONE of your business. It begins to matter when you actually start taking care of the server or pay for it. Try to understand, there are perfectly legit reasons to these sort of things.

The reasons for removing the quests, if you looked, are mostly stupid (although something tells me there is more to it and the staff member who made the topic is purposely leaving people in the dark to irritate them). And technically a lot of the community has been helping pay for it as well, even without the added bonus of donation "thank-you gifts."

It'd also be better if the one communicating the news to us didn't have a huge reputation as Anti-BlueBurst that he adds to constantly.

You're also using the same reasoning said person used, which is also pretty damned stupid since a server is useless without a community. The server is being hosted as a favor to the community, yes, but that does not give you the right to treat them like dirt.

And like I said over at that forum, I could care less about the quests being removed (as long as replacements are made that don't completely blow like 95% of them), it is the way it was handled that annoys me. Honestly it is a good thing the news had leaked since the BAAAAWWWWing would be twice as bad. Still, giving the community no say in the matter whatsoever? Very disappointing. Or at least have the actual server host announce it when he has a chance instead of the guy who trolls Blue Burst in the first post of the announcement thread.

EDIT: I've been a member there since pre-BB as well Aisha (although I didn't post much if at all, just lurked since the community seemed pretty bad... because I looked in the wrong place), and I know of a lot of shit that has happened there (Spam Forum comes to mind).

Basically you're an asshole though, so what you would do doesn't count. If the server host is an asshole, then he'll do that and I'll be shocked somewhat and then just shrug and do something else. Oh well, so much for that. Basically people complain because there is something to complain about, especially with the way things are handled. Boy am I glad you aren't in charge of anything or it'd be in ruins because you just can't deal with people who don't like how you do things.

Now the funny thing is that the server host is (well, seems to be) nice, but he passes the info down to the other admin who happens to piss people off at every turn, giving server-related info or not. People respect the host, people don't respect the guy he wants to tell people how things go. Said person isn't exactly nice, either. Thus, shitstorm.

Boy that probably makes little sense, I started babbling a little bit. I'm bored, I'm gonna go do something more productive than arguing with people as stubborn as me.

Aisha379
Aug 29, 2008, 10:05 PM
and I know of a lot of shit that has happened there (Spam Forum comes to mind).

Oh geez, that was awful...and FKL has the nerve to call themselves "hell"...

Basically you're an asshole though, so what you would do doesn't count.

I am an asshole, yes.

And what I'd do counts just as much as your opinion on the subject, but that doesn't stop either of us from saying it anyway.

Boy am I glad you aren't in charge of anything or it'd be in ruins because you just can't deal with people who don't like how you do things.

Difference between can't deal with peoples opinions and spending valuable time and resources only to get mocked and bitched at either way. No one wants to spend their life catering to a bunch of online crybabies that cause drama anytime someone turns around, and thats exactly why "S" left the BB server to "C" - he couldn't handle the pure amount of bullshit anymore.

The difference between me and the team that runs the BB server, is that I don't settle for people being disrespectful. They are nice people and have a certain amount of patience, I understand this, but I however, do not.

Not saying I could run it any better, I'd actually have tried to come to a compromise of some sort, but for that community especially, if people were talking to me like that, then yes, I would do exactly what I said in my last post. Quite guiltlessly too.

But if you noticed, I said I didn't understand the logic behind removing the quests to begin with, so this wouldn't happen to me in the first place.

I'm gonna go do something more productive than arguing with people as stubborn as me.

Not arguing, nor did I ever entice you to with me.

(And you said I can't handle other peoples differences of opinion...)

Zarode
Aug 29, 2008, 10:06 PM
Okay, first, yes, I am an asshole. Thank you for at least having the balls to call me that. (I know so many people who want to say it but don't because they fear some invisible ban hammer will get them)

Second. How do you know that I couldn't run my own server? :wacko: (I probably could, but my problem solving skills usually involve swift justice, and not much reasoning.)

So basically, it's a fight between SHack and a GM/Co-operator? Sounds normal to me...

Edit:

*high fives Aisha* Woo assholes. :wacko:

Ryna
Aug 29, 2008, 10:14 PM
Since this is devolving into a series of personal attacks, I am going to lock this thread.