PDA

View Full Version : crazy PA movement glitch?

thematesV2
Aug 29, 2008, 04:02 PM
does anyone else get this while using melee weaps?

you get close enough to large creatures, and go to do a PA, and it whips you all around, spinning and jerking your char back and forth... it seems sometimes that I don't hit, but most of the time it just looks really funky..

I think it's a matter of the Polys of the char models intercepting the polys of the baddie model, and the engine not knowing how to react to it... but i'm not sure.

anyhow, it seems like if it does effect whether I hit or miss, or if the baddie hits or misses, this also could be exploited. it would be a funky exploit though, without any serious gain..

I'm on 360 AOI, and it seems to only happen when I use sabers, daggers, and dual sabers weaps.

Dragwind
Aug 29, 2008, 04:05 PM
Ever since a certain update, (sorry, can't clarify which one) this has been happening. I think it was due to the readjustment of hitboxes, but it seems something went wrong. It's possible to get stuck inside certain enemies while they drag you around for a bit.

thematesV2
Aug 29, 2008, 04:10 PM
haha, nice, that hasn't happened to me yet, but I have been stuck inside an enemy while they were being railed on by 2 gunners.... i think it was in the mines in MAG2, in the last room, one of the big missle launcher bots....

Pika
Aug 29, 2008, 04:11 PM
i have that happen a lot, doesnt really bother me, always thought it looked kinda cool too.

Christmas
Aug 29, 2008, 04:12 PM
Being stuck in one as it despawns is always fun. >.>;

RufuSwho
Aug 29, 2008, 04:16 PM
this is how some defeat the mech boss at Desert Goliath, solo

get inside him and use Dus Robado

this is just hearsay though

to OP, i think the hit boxes are generous enough to keep you from missing because of this oddity, yes?

hewitt
Aug 29, 2008, 04:23 PM
lol It happens to me, too. I once used Chuei and I got stuck in the air, then flew over to the other side of the room, THEN like warped again and I was behind a locked door in white beast on the other side of the map from where I was. xD It was so crazy and awesome at the same time.

Golto
Aug 29, 2008, 05:00 PM
It happens to me a lot by Ubakradas and I'm a gunner lol.

Gen2000
Aug 29, 2008, 05:05 PM
This bad collision detection has been happening since v1 vs. Polvahras however when AoI dropped they seem to have ****ed up something somewhere so Polvahra hitboxes are kinda fix but they royally screwed up almost every other big mob. I find Svaltus and Bead Groode to be the worst offenders.

Fighting a Jishagara can be annoying too as sometimes you just all of a sudden get stuck inside them then you both begin to "surf" across the map until you break free. They seem to be the only normal size mob affected like this.

Ethateral
Aug 29, 2008, 06:29 PM
It gets a bit annoying when you get stuck in the legs of a Svaltus or any other mob for that matter. 'Specially when they drag you across the room with them... =/

Jarek
Aug 29, 2008, 06:32 PM
This bad collision detection has been happening since v1 vs. Polvahras however when AoI dropped they seem to have ****ed up something somewhere so Polvahra hitboxes are kinda fix but they royally screwed up almost every other big mob. I find Svaltus and Bead Groode to be the worst offenders.

Fighting a Jishagara can be annoying too as sometimes you just all of a sudden get stuck inside them then you both begin to "surf" across the map until you break free. They seem to be the only normal size mob affected like this.

This is truth.

And orcdillians..the bastards.

Pop TaRt
Aug 29, 2008, 07:16 PM
whenever i use du majarra on a bil de vear I always get stuck

Hrith
Aug 29, 2008, 07:40 PM
IMA RIDING MAH GRASS ASSASSIN

Alastor_Haven
Aug 29, 2008, 07:41 PM
Yep

It happens

Para
Aug 29, 2008, 07:54 PM
Hitbox overlappage is pretty common ;| even in fps (except it results in telefrag :P)

Kumlekar
Aug 29, 2008, 08:00 PM
It gets a bit annoying when you get stuck in the legs of a Svaltus or any other mob for that matter. 'Specially when they drag you across the room with them... =/

Thats known as EX TRAP TIME! YIPEEE!

pikachief
Aug 29, 2008, 08:31 PM
No I R teh Big Monstars! Monstars get stuck in MEH!

Packrat
Aug 29, 2008, 09:25 PM
Just imagine that they ate you and you're busting out by using your PAs while stuck inside >.>;

Soukosa
Aug 29, 2008, 09:29 PM
As a gunner I often get this with enemies that jump or charge at me. Orcdillans, SEED Ardites, and Svaltuses tend to be worse. The former two making quite a fun experience drug like experience :wacko:

Hrith
Aug 30, 2008, 08:47 AM
Of all the monsters with which that happens, the only one that severely annoys me is Bead Groode, ugh.
The original Baranz were not as bad >_>