PDA

View Full Version : All the Protransers on Vacation ???

Indica
Aug 30, 2008, 12:50 AM
I dont think Ive seen 1 Protranser so far while doing GBR runs. They all pooped out from MAG? LOL

Sasamichan
Aug 30, 2008, 01:05 AM
Yep. After MAG, they disappeared.

Shadwitz
Aug 30, 2008, 01:08 AM
nah, just leveling up fortefighter for a bit

Alizarin
Aug 30, 2008, 01:15 AM
I've seen a couple randomly popping up, and then I also party with about two on a more consistent basis.

I see a lot more techers though, so my guess is the PTs switched to their techers for the time being.

Christmas
Aug 30, 2008, 01:15 AM
A lot of the Protransers you saw during MAG were either just leveling the class up or were just playing C runs as one. Though I wouldn't consider those who switched for "Speed C" Protransers, just ex trap spammers. Seriously, some didn't even have any weapons on them.

Also, a few people are playing on their alts too. I myself like to use mine, since they didn't get much action in MAG. ^^;

HFlowen
Aug 30, 2008, 01:28 AM
I haven't logged in since.... The free month ended.

Freshellent
Aug 30, 2008, 01:51 AM
I'm still here.

Genoa
Aug 30, 2008, 02:23 AM
I've seen quite a few PT's on PC/PS2 actually D:
I'm just leveling some other classes atm, PT is one of my mains :D

Rayokarna
Aug 30, 2008, 02:31 AM
Im playing with Friends atm cause I want may rares lol.

I'm Still up for hire tho.

Arika
Aug 30, 2008, 02:41 AM
at least you seen it today

Turb0
Aug 30, 2008, 03:29 AM
I'm playing mostly on my PT alt now. Unfortunately, it's appearing somewhat hard to find an A party that runs the whole road so I'll probably just spam white beast for a few more levels until I can do S runs on all the missions.

Seority
Aug 30, 2008, 03:44 AM
PT's are nice in PSU, but nessessary in MAG.
That's pretty much it.

barnacleez
Aug 30, 2008, 03:51 AM
Once I max out my dark shot, I'll probably swap back to PT to get all my longbow bullets to 40, then I'll probably swap back again to max out my last 3 elemental rifles (dark, light, earth). For me, it's all about the PA grinding for the time being...

Adora
Aug 30, 2008, 04:13 AM
My Human is normally PT but with all the new tech weapons that just came out she decided she wanted to be AT for while! :P She gets bored easy though and will go back to PT eventually.

The_Brimada
Aug 30, 2008, 04:22 AM
I was doing GBR world Tours on my beast male yesterday and hes a Protranser. I haven't seen many other transers around though.

Indica
Aug 30, 2008, 04:36 AM
I'm still here.

Yea was funny after I posted this I was in party with you. You were like the first PT ive seen so far

Arika
Aug 30, 2008, 04:40 AM
Yea was funny after I posted this I was in party with you. You were like the first PT ive seen so far

what about when you party with me a while ago lol?
I m sure there is another male cast PT

Indica
Aug 30, 2008, 04:48 AM
Einhart was in our party, I forget if there was a 2nd Protranser.

Arika
Aug 30, 2008, 04:49 AM
when u joined my party that has drexxin lol

Indica
Aug 30, 2008, 04:50 AM
Someone in my last party was saying 300% Boost they were getting more Rare maps, not sure if a coincidence or how often they got it...?

Sasamichan
Aug 30, 2008, 04:54 AM
Someone in my last party was saying 300% Boost they were getting more Rare maps, not sure if a coincidence or how often they got it...?

I say thats a load on baloney.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 30, 2008, 05:22 AM
''Drop rate''

Not Rare maps

So I say that's false

Syl
Aug 30, 2008, 05:24 AM
Yeah, if it did, it would also affect rare spawns for sure... which it doesn't >_>

ForteGunnerW
Aug 30, 2008, 06:37 AM
ive seen about 3..

relentless
Aug 30, 2008, 07:05 AM
No MAG, no Protranser. :lol: So it's the abandoned class after all.

EMPYREAN
Aug 30, 2008, 07:22 AM
If PT ever gets rifle then ill make that my main job as i had it to 20 even be4 mag V1, but untill that day, im staying FG.

panzer_unit
Aug 30, 2008, 10:20 AM
EX Traps are not as big a deal as they were in MAG cave 2, but still great stuff on the GBR minibosses.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 30, 2008, 10:41 AM
If PT ever gets rifle then ill make that my main job as i had it to 20 even be4 mag V1, but untill that day, im staying FG.

We didn't get Lv20 Type caps until we got MAG.

Hrith
Aug 30, 2008, 10:46 AM
If PT ever gets rifle then ill make that my main job as i had it to 20 even be4 mag V1, but untill that day, im staying FG.Lv20 PT before MAG#1?
hehehehe

DreXxiN
Aug 30, 2008, 11:30 AM
PT is still stupidly good, I don't get it lol.

Yuicihi
Aug 30, 2008, 11:31 AM
I like my rifle too much.

No really, I swap between the two for variety.

Kizeragi
Aug 30, 2008, 11:47 AM
Once a PT, always a PT.
Once I cap Reo, you'll see me in Uni 2 places.

Triple_S
Aug 30, 2008, 12:01 PM
I'm focusing more on leveling up my FiG (He's still under 100), but I like my PT. Although she's under level 60 ^~^;

pikachief
Aug 30, 2008, 12:39 PM
Once a PT, always a PT.
Once I cap Reo, you'll see me in Uni 2 places.

??? i hardly play PT. i only play when i get bored of Fortegunner which is pretty much never :)

Gunslinger-08
Aug 30, 2008, 01:23 PM
My main is still a PT... I'm glad the MAG PTs are gone.

Skids
Aug 30, 2008, 02:56 PM
I been primarily running around GBR as my protranser since she needs the levels and laying traps on sinowas

LaMBoLOgy
Aug 30, 2008, 11:49 PM
I've capped my Pt, skill and most bullets, lvled to 140 -.-. Srank weps all 42% and high % armors,...not much for me to do on that char, so ima start my legacy as an AfroFighter^^

Turb0
Aug 31, 2008, 12:11 AM
I'm glad the MAG PTs are gone.

+1, I remember running into one person on some speed Cs who only had 1 saber on her palette, used traps even when there were only like 2 creatures, and yet insisted she was one of the fastest PTs.

Tyreek
Aug 31, 2008, 12:14 AM
I've been PT for days now. But I've been hanging with friends mostly.

GaNksTa
Aug 31, 2008, 01:36 AM
I deleted my lvl 93 F Human PT/17. Made a F Newman Techer in her absence...

Sexy_Raine
Aug 31, 2008, 01:50 AM
PT is a waste of time for my Nova, and variety for fun fails if it slows down PA leveling, can't level rifles in PT. Playing the same class builds up to its highest potential, and is much more useful in a party than some crappy multi-classer. No point of going of out the way for another class if there's no reward in it. KS > traps, yeah I said it. +31 rifle knockdown is also very helpful.

Fortegunner is also better for preparing Gunmaster than PT is. That's why some people have switched to it.

Alastor_Haven
Aug 31, 2008, 02:22 AM
I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT

WHAT THE FUCK

KILLER SHOT AND A FUCKING TRAP ARE DIFFERENT

A RIFLE BULLET AND A TRAP DO TWO DIFFERENT THINGS
They are NOWHERE near the same

CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?

I LOVE CAPS

Btw

KILLER SHOT DOESN'T HAVE KNOCK DOWN AT 31

Freshellent
Aug 31, 2008, 02:26 AM
People that hate on PTs and compare them to other classes are the same people that think the game of Paper Rock Scissors is broken.

mvffin
Aug 31, 2008, 02:28 AM

Its probably just coincidence, but we had 294%+ when we got PF 6 times in a row. Got it about 5 more times later on in the day too.

Syl
Aug 31, 2008, 02:33 AM
PT is a waste of time for my Nova, and variety for fun fails if it slows down PA leveling, can't level rifles in PT. Playing the same class builds up to its highest potential, and is much more useful in a party than some crappy multi-classer. No point of going of out the way for another class if there's no reward in it. KS > traps, yeah I said it. +31 rifle knockdown is also very helpful.

Fortegunner is also better for preparing Gunmaster than PT is. That's why some people have switched to it.

Wow... that has to be the most ignorant self-justification I've ever seen... Just because you don't do things one way doesn't mean you have to talk it down in a blind excuse for you to keep doing the things you do. :nono:

And I also agree, there's like no point on comparring EX traps to KS (o rite no knockdown OOLOLOLOLO)... that's like comparing Jabroga to Radiga or something preposterous like that.

Xaeris
Aug 31, 2008, 02:36 AM
People, ignore the troll. Honestly, you all ought to know better with your post counts.

That said, my PT is a fG at the moment. I like the KS for the robots.

Xefi
Aug 31, 2008, 03:00 AM
i still play my human protranser every now
and then; that class is very fun to play in a
group. :E

AweOfShe
Aug 31, 2008, 03:59 AM
My Newman hasn't been Protranser (or any hybrids for that matter) since like, before 1-Up Cup. It isn't 'cause I dislike them or anything. I've just been really lazy, and preferred to stick to a single type of fighting style per character. My Beast is still PT, but I don't even know if I want to keep her anymore. :P

PT is a waste of time ... and variety for fun fails ... Playing the same class ... is much more useful in a party than some crappy multi-classer. No point ... if there's no reward in it. KS > traps ...

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z104/AweOfShe1/horse.jpg

Arika
Aug 31, 2008, 04:06 AM
LOL @ the picture.

and well, nobody want fG to TA on MAG with.
each job has their own useful. PT is the special type that is useful on special place.
fG are more common type.

Dealer
Aug 31, 2008, 04:11 AM
[quote=Arika;2131291]wth... a horse playing music?

You've got a lot of growing up to do.

fayt6
Aug 31, 2008, 08:35 AM
People that hate on PTs and compare them to other classes are the same people that think the game of Paper Rock Scissors is broken.

rock paper scissors lol thats amazing

Kylie
Aug 31, 2008, 11:44 AM
Heh. I would imagine most people were only PT for MAG speed runs, so I'm not surprised.

Gen2000
Aug 31, 2008, 12:17 PM
PTs were only common for "SPEED CEE" MAG runs. The few real, good PTs left I still see around and even party with some of em.

Also PT is a class that relies kinda heavy on the strength of the party, if the party is weak than EX Trap spamming isn't really all that great because shit still doesn't get kill quickly. If you're not EX Trap spamming may as well be a Forte class and kill things faster yourself. I get that impression that some of the PTs partying with crappy randoms in Neudiaz GBR went along with that train of though since when I check their partner card their either Fortefighter or Fortegunner nowadays.

Garanz-Baranz
Aug 31, 2008, 01:33 PM
Protranser is... A unique class.

Protransers are basically Wartechers with heavy weaponry. Protransers are a class designed to fill the "empty space" in a party, just as Wartechers can.

If there is no good Melee suport, Axes, Swords, and Spears work wonders. If there is no decent Range support, Lasers, Bows, and Shotguns do great. If there's no decent offensive Techer, they can unleash the EX traps.

Wartechers can do the same, but more limited on the Ranged. Having only Bows, Cards[very reliable weapon though], and Handguns [reliable for Fortefighters].

Comparing Fortegunner to Protranser is like comparing Artillery fire to Tanks. Both do different things but do the same result. Destroy.

panzer_unit
Aug 31, 2008, 01:46 PM
KS > traps, yeah I said it. +31 rifle knockdown is also very helpful.

robots ain't no thang compared to a lot of other stuff in the new missions, and nothing's 'helpful' compared to freeze EX

Sexy_Raine
Aug 31, 2008, 01:56 PM
You'd be surprised to how fast groups of Komazlis and Rappy Polecs die to KS. It is very good for the new S2 missions trust me.

soolayah
Aug 31, 2008, 02:14 PM
I just came back from my pretty long pt vacation after coming as close to capping as possible on my af alt. I really missed pt, but her bullet levels make me sad. I've barely used her at all since the pa exp boost. D:

ashley50
Aug 31, 2008, 03:04 PM
You'd be surprised to how fast groups of Komazlis and Rappy Polecs die to KS. It is very good for the new S2 missions trust me.

can you show us some proof of this?

The_Brimada
Aug 31, 2008, 04:08 PM

When I was playing with my fG friend the last few days I noticed that too. I thought it was just /random, but it was occurring a lot more than I would have expected. We were duoing at the time and I know damn well we couldn't have killed that fast from pure damage as just a PT and fG. He was definitely using KS though.

seph_monkey
Aug 31, 2008, 04:09 PM
i play protranser, but yeah i dont go on too much lately.
also i just switched me human to protranser so its kinda low :/
but i freakin love protranser its my favorite class

KS is alright i can kill the komazli at pretty much the same rate KS can get its 1 hit kill shot anyway so i just dont bother with KS

ChaosAngel92
Aug 31, 2008, 04:26 PM
I partied with 4 of them at the same time actually....maybe the Protransers dont like you.

Aries2384
Aug 31, 2008, 06:08 PM
I think the protransers are on vacation because of doing speed C runs during MAG. Wouldnt you?

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 31, 2008, 06:10 PM
Repca + SN/G on the same pallet? Hell yeah Ema's a protranser.

Para
Sep 1, 2008, 06:39 AM
Traps = Sure thing.

Killer Shot = luck.

As for PT, I think everyone is just thinking about DPS for themselves ;|

Hrith
Sep 1, 2008, 07:46 AM
PT is a nice support class to a good party.

Crappy players (90% of the population of the main universe) will just make you waste traps.

PT is way too weak for my tastes, though.

As for the KS vs traps, that's really stupid to compare, but KS is way more useful.
Those Lv150+ robots in SS and FP cower in fear of my Mizurakihoh ;o
People who have played with me a few times usually ignore robots when there are any.

panzer_unit
Sep 1, 2008, 10:32 AM
A freeze trap followed up by Anga Jabroga is good stuff for soloing groups of really nasty mobs, like those newman spearmen or kakwanes. Cost effective too if you consider the trimate(s) you'd use if it weren't for the trap.

Shinowa Hidoki's also make me appreciate being able to crank out decent melee damage with Bogga Robado (or Ikk Hikk if I can get away with it, one of the few PA's I need to level to 30 still)

Almeho
Sep 1, 2008, 08:59 PM
I still go Protranser when I don't feel like being a Fighgunner. I find PT a lot of fun. :)

Green_Bandit
Sep 1, 2008, 09:01 PM
I'm still around. I just started back on my main so my PT is taking a little rest.

Larian
Sep 2, 2008, 02:32 AM
I was a PT till about 2 days ago...

AweOfShe
Sep 2, 2008, 03:25 AM

I think it has more to do with the fact that comparing Killer Shot to Traps is like comparing a chair to a shovel. It's just silly. :P

Alastor_Haven
Sep 2, 2008, 04:07 AM
WHAT IF YOU PUT A SHOVEL AND TAPE IT TO THE CHAIR HUH

IcE_JutSu
Sep 2, 2008, 09:59 AM
Im just lvling my other classes on my cast pt. I almost got FF,FG, and GT maxed out...and ive been lvling my newman 2.