PDA

View Full Version : So im gonna pull an all nighter tonight

Meyfei
Aug 30, 2008, 08:44 PM
just because there are 4 movies, of the same series being aired on Ytv it started 1h 37mins ago at 9pm and they'll be over at 5:40am i have a bunch of wafers a 1lt bottle of aquafina and 2 different energy drinks (Full Throttle, and NOS), and im also waiting for my dad to bring home super which is a few hours late.

who thinks i'll be able to pull it off...

series is: inuyasha,

InuYasha the Movie: Affections Touching Across Time
InuYasha the Movie: The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass
InuYasha the Movie: Swords of an Honorable Ruler
InuYasha the Movie: Fire on the Mystic Island

Their reason for airing these 4 movies in a single night is beyond me.

(NOS: is an Energy drink that looks like a propane tank WOOOHOO!!)

Tact
Aug 30, 2008, 09:15 PM
Oooh, eww, Inuyasha. :disapprove:

I hope you find some jewel shards in your water or something. :wacko:

Meyfei
Aug 30, 2008, 09:44 PM
i think i swallowed one when i took a drink from my bottle of NOS. :(

Zarode
Aug 30, 2008, 09:46 PM
Make sure to drink plenty of water after you drink one of those energy drinks.

Also, ewwwwwwwww Inuyasha. :wacko:

Saner
Aug 30, 2008, 09:52 PM
I don't recommend energy drinks, I know someone who had a liver problem that messed up
other things in the body and it took them months of testing to discover it was from energy drinks.
they lost appetite, and other stuff. but then again, they have been working under some stress on top of that too, so it's not just that. :p

Zarode
Aug 30, 2008, 09:54 PM
That's why I suggest drinking plenty of water after drinking one of those energy drinks. They aren't bad for you, like anything, but overuse is going to cause some ill effects.

Moderation is key.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 30, 2008, 10:14 PM
Go watch a real anime.

Like Pokemon.

Leviathan
Aug 31, 2008, 12:03 AM
I knew a girl who drank Monster a lot &she had some weird liver reaction &had to get surgery.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 31, 2008, 12:48 AM
just because there are 4 movies, of the same series being aired on Ytv it started 1h 37mins ago at 9pm and they'll be over at 5:40am i have a bunch of wafers a 1lt bottle of aquafina and 2 different energy drinks (Full Throttle, and NOS), and im also waiting for my dad to bring home super which is a few hours late.

who thinks i'll be able to pull it off...

(NOS: is an Energy drink that looks like a propane tank WOOOHOO!!)

series is:

is:

inuyasha,

:disapprove:

TalHex
Aug 31, 2008, 10:25 AM
i only drink energy drinks before karate practice, and even then i feel like shit after words cuz i burn it all off by then end

Sord
Aug 31, 2008, 10:36 AM
energy drinks in general are crap for your body, even if you consume water with them. They are such a high dose of electrolytes and other crap that it's becomes a case of to much is to good. When i was doing labor, we were constantly sweating our ass off in the high heat, and we needed to drink every hour. For every bottle of gatorade, we would have to drink 3 bottles of water. If you only drank gatorade, you would become dehydrated, feel dizzy, feint, and possibly dry heave (and this actually happened to a few people.) If you need 3 bottles of water for something as thinned out as gatorade, imagine how much you actually need for something as potent as an energy drink.

Caffein is another big issue, the shit will mess with your system. Especially your heart, but it also has a nasty side-effect of causing killer headaches if to much is used. My friend that went with me on my job tried to stay active by using lots of energy drink and caffeinated gum. At one point when he was walking back from the worksite for lunch, had a killer migraine which made him blackout, fell, and hit his head on a log. He doesn't remember but others were saying he was crying. They had to help carry him back to camp (one guy under each shoulder.) After that he was told he'd be fired if they caught him ingesting or taking any caffeinated item, and put him on the decontamination zone (which is basically you clean up the trash at the site and all the tyvek suits and rubber booties and shit when the workers come in and take them off)

Tact
Aug 31, 2008, 11:10 AM
Sord, you make not ingesting caffeine feel much better. Thanks.

I don't drink caffeine at all. :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Aug 31, 2008, 11:11 AM
Sord, you make not ingesting caffeine feel much better. Thanks.

I don't drink caffeine at all. :wacko:
Well, you're not supposed to drink caffeine straight. :wacko:

Meyfei
Aug 31, 2008, 11:46 AM
i rarely drink energy drinks, speacially since i dont really have much purpose to.

When i went to the store to get them, the guy showed me a tray with tiny bottled energy drinks, they were like "shots" one bottle was supposedly enough to keep you good for 6 hours.

i only drank one energy drink last night, because common sense :D

Tact
Aug 31, 2008, 12:00 PM
Well, you're not supposed to drink caffeine straight. :wacko:

I know that, you silly. :disapprove:

I was talking about abstaining from anything with caffeine in it.

TalHex
Aug 31, 2008, 12:20 PM
sorry i can't live without coffee, and decaf coffee is too weak

Tact
Aug 31, 2008, 12:32 PM
I wonder what you would be like if you had to go without caffeine for a week. :wacko:

I'm sure that would be a great way to goad your friends into making a bet with you.

Zarode
Aug 31, 2008, 12:35 PM
Most people would be fine. :wacko:

TalHex
Aug 31, 2008, 12:43 PM
I wonder what you would be like if you had to go without caffeine for a week. :wacko:

I'm sure that would be a great way to goad your friends into making a bet with you.

i'm normally pretty mellow IRL, take away the caffeine and you will leave a sleep deprived teenager who gets easily frustrated at everything, at least i would be that way in the mornings, in the afternoon i'd be mellow like always

CrimsomWolf
Aug 31, 2008, 12:53 PM
So far, I lived without having to succumb to that abomination...

Sord
Aug 31, 2008, 01:08 PM
i'll drink decaf now... though for a single cup of coffee (which in this case isn't much bigger than the measurement 1 cup) I'll add french vanilla cups, lots of creamer, and lots of sugar. We call it kiddie coffee

TalHex
Aug 31, 2008, 02:17 PM
what? no hot sauce in your coffee?

Tact
Aug 31, 2008, 03:34 PM
My guess is that he's tried it before and he thinks it tastes horrible.

Why else would he not have hot sauce in his coffee? :wacko:

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 31, 2008, 11:06 PM
I don't recommend energy drinks, I know someone who had a liver problem that messed up
other things in the body and it took them months of testing to discover it was from energy drinks.
they lost appetite, and other stuff. but then again, they have been working under some stress on top of that too, so it's not just that. :p

Energy drinks, like anything else, can be overdone. They normally work by giving your metabolism a boost (this is the alleged effect of Taurine; evidently the stuff is also quite beneficial to diabetics), some also function by providing your body with simple carbohydrates that can be put to work very quickly. Other popular ingredients can have more complicated effects. It's important to remember, though, that they usually don't work by providing your body with more fuel, only by making your body use its fuel more efficiently.

Many energy drinks also feature large quantities of Riboflavin, which is increasingly turning out to be more and more nutritious for humans, and is exceptionally difficult to overdose on.

Zarode
Sep 1, 2008, 12:39 AM
Rib flavor. :wacko:

Meyfei
Sep 1, 2008, 10:07 AM
Cucumber flavor :D

Tact
Sep 1, 2008, 11:15 AM
I'm sure a good portion of FKL would drink a baby-flavored energy drink. :wacko:

Boogie Troll
Sep 1, 2008, 12:34 PM
Hey. I don't eat babies just because they taste awesome. I do it because the world needs me to.