PDA

View Full Version : PC Story mode with no internet connection?

Orenii
Sep 1, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hi, just a quick question about offline mode. i am moving house this weekend and wont have the internet for a few weeks, so i thought id use this time to play the story mode through, but i cannot get past the gameguard update screen which needs an internet connection, anyone know if there is any way to bypass this? thanks ^^

Chuck_Norris
Sep 1, 2008, 03:33 PM
I'm afraid it's not allowed to ask these types of things on these forums. However I do know it's possible. There's *Ahem* ways to find out how. *Points to google*

Orenii
Sep 1, 2008, 03:57 PM
ah i didnt realise it was something naughty, i just want to play offline :(

Reki_III
Sep 1, 2008, 07:31 PM
Hey, Orenii, I will PM you the link to the directions.

Brainwrecked
Sep 2, 2008, 04:22 AM
ah i didnt realise it was something naughty, i just want to play offline :(

In general, asking for hacks is bad, but the truly innocent no-way-this-is-cheating ones can be discussed.

Unfortunately, bypassing GameGuard can not only be used to play offline mode with no internet connection, but to enable cheating for online mode when you do have an internet connection.

Soukosa
Sep 2, 2008, 05:45 AM
The server will kick you if GG isn't active or is a different version than what you're supposed to have. Cheats that have been used in the past were achieved by getting around GG via holes to execute them. So no harm in having a GGless offline version but yeah, rules are rules.