PDA

View Full Version : PC Lag Lag Lag

magenta
Sep 1, 2008, 08:42 PM
having a lot of problems with lag lately, ending up getting disconnected a lot of times, even during a phantom fissure run.

anyone else experiencing problems? and is there a way around this?

Xefi
Sep 1, 2008, 08:46 PM
if it's the server, then i guess there is nothing
you can do much, Mag. Start praying to Sega Team
so that they can fix your lagging issues sooner.

acidOD
Sep 1, 2008, 08:48 PM
Lag yes. I just switched from PS2 to PC so for me the lag is less, but none the less still there. Out of curiousity do you have torrents or anything else consuming bandwidth running while you're playing PSU? I noticed from playing FFXI for several years, I lagged a lot more while seeding torrents... anyway just something you might be able to check.

magenta
Sep 1, 2008, 08:56 PM
Lag yes. I just switched from PS2 to PC so for me the lag is less, but none the less still there. Out of curiousity do you have torrents or anything else consuming bandwidth running while you're playing PSU? I noticed from playing FFXI for several years, I lagged a lot more while seeding torrents... anyway just something you might be able to check.

nope.. not using bitcomet.. unless its working even after i exited the program or stopped it.

Syl
Sep 1, 2008, 09:11 PM
Doesn't sound like it's server side (since I'm not getting it)

If anyone else in your household is using the net that might be why :X

magenta
Sep 1, 2008, 09:22 PM
Doesn't sound like it's server side (since I'm not getting it)

If anyone else in your household is using the net that might be why :X

nope. and a few people i asked were also lagging, and some got dced.

flamesphere
Sep 1, 2008, 09:35 PM
I've gotten a lot of lag recently as well. Unsure what the cause is because it didn't use to happen. I'm using a new computer, good internet, nothing else is running, yet it still lags.

Alastor_Haven
Sep 1, 2008, 09:57 PM
Mines fine

Micro
Sep 1, 2008, 10:06 PM
I had some yesterday, been pretty smooth today though.

Zarode
Sep 1, 2008, 10:15 PM
I've been having slight lag, but not enough to disconnect me. More like, oops, one millisecond later kind of lag.

Genoa
Sep 2, 2008, 01:21 AM
I haven't even had spikes of lag (well... there was that one spike... but then I heard "virus database has been updated"... then I knew why)
I haven't been disconnected in ages.
Not trying to brag here, just letting you know that from what I see, I don't really see it being server side. I'm doing better than ever. (PC btw)

Para
Sep 2, 2008, 01:49 AM
There was lag before but today it was fine.

Cracka_J
Sep 2, 2008, 10:18 AM
Experienced some minimal server lag sunday, after the servers came back up. Other then that, I've been running fine on pc.

It may also be related to your video card/isp. What particular card and connection are you using?

In my experience, cable has always been a better option over DSL for online gaming, I rarely to never drop unless my isp is having problems with their service that we have been notified of.

As for card, I used to run my 7600gs (factory installed), and experienced some lag issues on 0 frameskip. I upgraded to 8800gt and PSU runs flawlessly now with max resolution, 0 frameskip, and max other settings. If your card is below the 7600 point, you may want to consider upgrading to eliminate lag issues, especially with flashy techs.

Other then that I don't believe there's been much server lag, so I wouldn't put the blame on sega this time.