PDA

View Full Version : So, how green is the grass over there?

Sekani
Sep 2, 2008, 11:45 AM
How many of you have swapped servers recently (from 360 to PC, from PS2 to JP, etc.) or are considering swapping servers?

Powder Keg
Sep 2, 2008, 11:47 AM
I wouldn't. If I'm done on the PC server, I'm done all together. I don't think I'd want to spend that much time starting over.

thematesV2
Sep 2, 2008, 11:47 AM
I've considered switching, but don't know if I can, as I play on 360... if it counts, I've considered switching from PSU to PS:P at least for a bit. still will play PSU, but have less and less time to sit in my office at home and play, would have more time to play if I had a PSP..

Shinko
Sep 2, 2008, 11:51 AM
I want to switch really but.....

I have too much stuff and don't really want to get it all over...
so i'm here to stay

panzer_unit
Sep 2, 2008, 11:52 AM
same as Artea. No way is it worth a re-do of all the time I've put into my character at this point. There are lots of newer games that I'd love to give my attention, when I'm done with PSU on the PS2/PC server I'm done with PSU entirely.

Xefi
Sep 2, 2008, 11:55 AM
i did tried out the xbox 360 once just to test
out the new AoI when it first came out. I quitted
in a few days because it was too much time
consuming to start over when i already have
2000+ hrs. on the PC ver. And of course, cancelling
an account from xbox 360 was a big pain.

I'll stick with the PC ver. from now on...

darkante
Sep 2, 2008, 11:59 AM
Nah, not really. Put way to much time into these figurenes i have.
If the server is gone, then something else have probably taken my attention.
No way am i starting over.

Brainwrecked
Sep 2, 2008, 12:01 PM
If I had to start over, I probably would have went JP. As it stands, 2000+ hours across 4 characters is a bit much to flush down the toilet to switch to better server.

Sega has income from me now. If Sega decides to release a sequel to PSU, I'll definitely be lurking here before buying, feeling out opinions and looking to see if Sega continues its crap. No way in hell I'm jumping into this boat again without a proper inspection.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 2, 2008, 12:06 PM
Thought about it, but i really don't want to loose about 7 stacks of gear, plus all the stuff I have left to make as well. The bullets i could re-level but honestly wouldn't want to unless i started AFK leveling them, the gear will come in time...but how much time.

Nearly 3k in time logged in on my main, about 800 on my first alt and so forth, that's a lot of time lost and may or may not be worth it.

Kizeragi
Sep 2, 2008, 12:07 PM
I've never thought about changing and I don't need to. Even though the PC/PS2 server is by far the smallest, It has enough people to have fun with and just enjoy the game.

Cracka_J
Sep 2, 2008, 12:52 PM
Thought of trying out the 360 version back in early July, when my PC sub was up in the air. Having to rebuild/relevel what I already had deterred me, as well as hearing about difficulties regarding subscribing/canceling accounts on the 360 side.

Really, I'm happy with the lower player count here, and overall awesome quality of the players. We've even managed to add a couple players to our vent server since Neudiaz GBR started, something we haven't done in a very long time. The decency and quality of the people running GBR currently is really something exceptional, and I've been giving people that I've been running with a lot of props.

I tell ya what though Sekani, like I told Amtalx over the weekend, if you decide to make a swap to PC, I'll do what I can to help you out/get started/whatever. I know both you guys have been active/participating members on this forum for quite some time, so if I can be of help just send me a pm and let me know.

Genoa
Sep 2, 2008, 01:22 PM
Why would I switch from super high-end graphics with the ability to take screenshots and awesome videos for 13 year olds on xbox live? :3
I don't want to go to JP either =/ I'm content with being a later to receive things (even getting screwed by Sega of America)

thematesV2
Sep 2, 2008, 01:27 PM
not all of us are 13 year olds..... some of us are 14.

no, but seriously, only about 1 out of 5 people I run into are -16 the rest are between 16 and 25

Kylie
Sep 2, 2008, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't. If I'm done on the PC server, I'm done all together. I don't think I'd want to spend that much time starting over.
Same here, and I don't plan to get a 360 anytime soon anyway. Honestly, I don't play as much for the game as I play for the people anymore, so why would I go to the JP server for more content but far less people? And people I don't know for that matter. PC / PS2 is the best server for me.

Alastor_Haven
Sep 2, 2008, 01:51 PM
Less people

But good people

At least most of them

<3 PC/PS2

TalHex
Sep 2, 2008, 01:56 PM
i switched from ps2 to PC mainly because i found it irritatingly hard to get my ps2 keyboard to work (does this count?)

gryphonvii
Sep 2, 2008, 02:01 PM
not going to change, I'll take breaks to play new games,(gonna get infinite undiscovery and age of conan) but I've put too much time into gear and friends to tr and start over. I don't have any reason to.

Para
Sep 2, 2008, 02:02 PM
Everyone is closer together in the PS2/PC version! (maybe >_>; )

Chid
Sep 2, 2008, 02:03 PM
Quality, not quantity. We don't have stupid amounts of people on PC/PS2. However most of them are friendly, genuine nd not people that will kick you out of games (damn you XBox :p).

relentless
Sep 2, 2008, 02:04 PM
Everyone is closer together in the PS2/PC version! (maybe >_>; )

You got that right. We're more kubara as well. Probablic.

And why ain't ya on msn? ._.

Mikura
Sep 2, 2008, 02:36 PM
I'd never move either. There's just way too much I've accomplished on here that I wouldn't have the energy to start all over. Besides, I have close friends on PC/PS2 that I wouldn't want to leave. As others have said, the population is small, but it's enough to keep the game alive and interesting for me.

stukasa
Sep 2, 2008, 02:53 PM
I don't think I'd consider switching, I've put in too much time and effort to start over now.

relentless
Sep 2, 2008, 02:55 PM
No. I don't see any reasons at all worth it.

IcE_JutSu
Sep 2, 2008, 03:01 PM
I only thought about it last year when I in school, since i didnt bring up my 360... but i dont think i would switch because of the group of ppl that I run with... I ran with the same ppl for a year and half... to me i dont think it would be feel the same.

RegulusHikari
Sep 2, 2008, 03:32 PM
The JP server sure would be nice, but I'm not up to dropping the ~1500 hours I have put into this game. But it's more of the principle of the thing. I shouldn't have to learn a new language and import a foreign copy just to enjoy a game. If those are the lengths I have to go just to make PSU worthwhile, then I would much rather jump ship entirely.

MiniBrian
Sep 2, 2008, 03:33 PM
the grass is very green and i cut it often

Nai_Calus
Sep 3, 2008, 03:20 AM
Not only is the grass greener, there actually *is* grass on this side.

Seority
Sep 3, 2008, 03:25 AM
After the first MAG disappointment, I kinda wanted to switch to the Jp servers, but stayed anyway. I'm fine with PC for now.

landman
Sep 3, 2008, 03:43 AM
I've considered it, If I had a good PC, and if I lost all of my friends in 360, I don't care a thing about gear/photon arts/meseta I just like to play the game

Noblewine
Sep 3, 2008, 04:17 AM
I thought about it but changed my mind and stuck with playing on the PS2. The lag bad but it's tolerable.

Mike
Sep 3, 2008, 04:44 AM
I switched to the PC version recently. I was originally on the 360 but I had to leave it behind.

Adriano
Sep 3, 2008, 04:51 AM
I'm glad, I made the switch honestly, and for me it wasnt an issue with starting over, since I had only invested a short amount of time on my latest account on the us servers.

Jp is cool though, though it doesn't really matter since I'm just not really playing games that often now, lol.
But when I do decide to play, I'm glad to know my characters will still be there. =P

Soukosa
Sep 3, 2008, 09:59 AM
I ended up switching to the JP version soon before the release of Illuminus. It was a bit harsh starting over but with the nicer economy over the PC/PS2 version due to the much larger player base I was not only back up to where I was in terms of gears, but had surpassed it. The only thing that sucked was the PAs but now those are alot easier to level. Hell, its even easier to get started on there due to the changes that Illuminus brought. Just need to know at least a couple of good people there, something I didn't have the EN servers and thus is why I changed.

AweOfShe
Sep 3, 2008, 01:05 PM
Starting over on the JP PC servers wasn't really an issue for me. Almost everything was cheaper, plus I got along with the people (importers and randoms alike) pretty well, and they were all very helpful. Also got to a high level in no time, thanks to the events. What I did on US Rain was done in 2k hours, but was easily surpassed with what I did on JP Rain in about 200-300 hours.

That isn't to say that I left the US PC servers. I'm still going to swap between the two, but I think I'll just cut down on how many characters I use. (Just going to use Rain and Fifth on both servers).

I also had JP AotI before the US version came out. I just decided to go back because I felt like it'd be a waste of money if I just left it sitting there, not playing it. :P

seph_monkey
Sep 3, 2008, 01:15 PM
hmmm no im not a fan of the 360 so i do not plan to switch to that any time at all.

also i wouldnt like to restart my characters, also i have a gewd amount of friends on the pc/ps2

sure there are some jerks here and there but the population on the 360 is bigger so the odds could be higher to find a jerk on that but i cant say for sure hahaha

if i give up on psu, which i dont think i would cause the game doesnt seem as bad as most people say it is in my opnion, ill just stop playing all together. i dont really play any other game so that would be the end for me hahaha

relentless
Sep 3, 2008, 01:19 PM
sure there are some jerks here and there but the population on the 360 is bigger so the odds could be higher to find a jerk on that but i cant say for sure hahaha

I don't want to start anything, but ask a 360'er himself. Most of them can confirm that over there is a higher idiot ratio compared to PC/PS2, at least from all those "got booted" threads etc. it looks rather obvious.

panzer_unit
Sep 3, 2008, 01:23 PM
You got that right. We're more kubara as well. Probablic.

We're like one big familic where people know eachother and help out. On rare occasion.

ForteGunnerW
Sep 3, 2008, 01:58 PM
No point
cant speak japaneze
wont be able to talk to people
and ill have to start agen..

BahnKnakyu
Sep 3, 2008, 02:04 PM
You know, I have this fresh new copy of JP AotI PC staring at me which I've been keeping around for the past two months. I only know conversational/informal Japanese, so I wouldn't be able to read a majority of what people are saying (since I suck at Kanji). Still, I've been thinking of switching since the only thing I gotta do at this point is make an account and sign up, but starting over in a no man's land where everyone speaks moonspeak is kinda scary.

relentless
Sep 3, 2008, 02:05 PM
We're like one big familic where people know eachother and help out. On rare occasion.

OHMYGAWD It's my long lost PSU-half-brother!!! Maybec.
What's that supposed to mean "on rare occasion"?xDDD

Adriano
Sep 3, 2008, 02:07 PM
You know, I have this fresh new copy of JP AotI PC staring at me which I've been keeping around for the past two months. I only know conversational/informal Japanese, so I wouldn't be able to read a majority of what people are saying (since I suck at Kanji). Still, I've been thinking of switching since the only thing I gotta do at this point is make an account and sign up, but starting over in a no man's land where everyone speaks moonspeak is kinda scary.

If you were thinking about joining theres really no better time than the present since you know thanks festa is running, and to be honest, if you know the easy stuff in japanese pretty good, then you'll have no issue, if you tell most jp players that you don't understand japanese from my experience they will either use some english words that even though the word is vague you could get the meaning of what theyre saying, or they may know english, so yeah.
Unless youre a control freak, then you won't have an issue. :P

relentless
Sep 3, 2008, 02:12 PM
Don't help making our server side smaller. ;-;

If you were thinking about joining theres really no better time than the present since you know thanks festa is running

Well, JP almost always have any kind of event going on. And if not, there's still the big content and big population... so saying it's a good reason to switch because of Thanks Festa isn't exactly... umm... efficient? :wacko:

Wait, did I just contradict myself? 0.0
Um, yeah... moonspeak... fail. ^^;

Adriano
Sep 3, 2008, 02:15 PM
Don't help making our server side smaller. ;-;

Well, JP almost always have any kind of event going on. And if not, there's still the big content and big population... so saying it's a good reason to switch because of Thanks Festa isn't exactly... umm... efficient? :wacko:

Wait, did I just contradict myself? 0.0
Um, yeah... moonspeak... fail. ^^;

When I said theres no better time than the present I meant, that if Bahn is joining I'd do so before the event ended cause then they'd have to wait another three or so weeks for the rewards to leave in order to get another event mission with boosted xp, so yeah, theres no time like now if you want to level fast.
: P

Syaoran_69
Sep 3, 2008, 02:19 PM
As much as I love getting updates on time, and having my mmo-provider care about me and the rest of the population... I wouldn't switch servers. I don't know any japanese and don't really plan on learning any... and it takes far too much effort to switch.

RadiantLegend
Sep 3, 2008, 02:31 PM
same as Artea. No way is it worth a re-do of all the time I've put into my character at this point. There are lots of newer games that I'd love to give my attention, when I'm done with PSU on the PS2/PC server I'm done with PSU entirely.

same as panzer

Poignantswine
Sep 3, 2008, 03:51 PM
same as panzer

Ditto

re
Sep 3, 2008, 05:17 PM
Well I switched to the jp server because of slow releases, and missed updates on the us side

I didnt mind starting over if it meant I would have more content/events

i like the economy too

I am not any better, i really can't read kanji myself, that didnt stop me from joining :P
if you are worried about having no one to talk with, be sure to get the cards from the english speaking importers
some of us don't mind helping new players level up and giving items to get you started

Inazuma
Sep 3, 2008, 05:22 PM

didnt you play psobb jp ver (char name nodman) or am i mistaken? either way, the jp ver is better. the sooner you join, the less time you waste.