PDA

View Full Version : FFTA2 save data problem?

raikomaru40
Sep 3, 2008, 06:00 AM
i have a problem and my problem is your problem. i need to erase data in Final Fantasy Tactics A2 b/c i need a clear data slot to gain access to certain missions. does anyone know how to erase data?

p.s. there's no straight up option to erase data

p.s.s. i forgot how to get an image for my signature. any help w/ that too?

Tact
Sep 3, 2008, 06:30 AM
To get an image in your signature, you can upload something directly to PSOW through the User Control Panel > Edit Signature page. After that, you use tags (with nothing in between, like I have it here) and your image will appear.

raikomaru40
Sep 3, 2008, 07:39 AM
thanks, still need the FFTA2 thing

Feelmirath
Sep 3, 2008, 07:48 AM
I think you just start a new game and save over the top of the old one. That's how FFTA was anyway.

Tact
Sep 3, 2008, 10:13 AM
I think you just start a new game and save over the top of the old one. That's how FFTA was anyway.

Yes, I remember having to do that in the first one. When I finally did get all of the secret characters, I never actually used them. :wacko:

raikomaru40
Sep 3, 2008, 10:27 AM
but i need the data slot to be blank, and that would just make a new file

Tact
Sep 3, 2008, 10:38 AM
Why do you need the data slot to be blank? If you're starting a new game and you don't care about the old file, just save over it with the new file.

My next guess is to search through the options menus in-game, but I highly doubt that would yield anything useful.

Oh, by the way...have you looked through the manual about how to delete game files? A lot of instruction manuals for games will tell you how to delete saved files.

raikomaru40
Sep 3, 2008, 10:45 AM
i was looking in the strategy guide and noticed that some of the missions require "save game clear data" as a prerequisite to taking the mission, and the manual didn't say anything

Tact
Sep 3, 2008, 10:47 AM
Oh, Raiko, you're so silly. Clear data is a file in which you've already beaten the main storyline. :wacko:

You don't need to delete your game files.

Meyfei
Sep 3, 2008, 11:55 AM
FFTA2?

Tact
Sep 3, 2008, 12:21 PM
FFTA2?

It stands for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. It's named like it is because it is a sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, not because it is a Game Boy Advance game. (It actually is for the Nintendo DS.)

Meyfei
Sep 3, 2008, 01:05 PM
aah, tactics is pretty fun, honestly i never knew there was a second one made.

Tact
Sep 3, 2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah...I decided not to get it because every unit starts with 0 MP and the laws are still horrible. They've lightened up on the penalties for breaking the law, but the laws are now ridiculously easy to break.

Come on, a law that says you can't miss? There's also one that says you can't target anything outside of melee range (1 panel). If you were to get a critical hit with a weapon strike and knock them back, you break the law because the target isn't in melee range anymore. :disapprove:

Feelmirath
Sep 3, 2008, 03:27 PM
But the rewards for upholding the law are generally shit anyway, so it doesn't matter :wacko:

Boogie Troll
Sep 3, 2008, 04:12 PM
As much as I tried not to break the laws, I tended to forget sometimes when there were three. Or Copycat. So one law would be a bit easier, it's just sorta balls how some of them are stuff like "Can't attack a unit that's more than X levels away from you" or no knockback. I haven't played the game yet since I have no DS and I'll probably prefer the law system of the first Advance.

One thing does piss me off. It's so satisfying to go "Fuck it" and break the law, kill the target, and go to jail.

Wait, what happens if the illegal act kills your unit in the first Advance?

Tact
Sep 3, 2008, 04:19 PM
Wait, what happens if the illegal act kills your unit in the first Advance?

Are you asking what happens if you use Self-Destruct or something and somehow break the law?

I have no idea. I should just go into a No Color Magic battle and hit someone with Self-Destruct.

Out_Kast
Sep 3, 2008, 04:22 PM
I have a solution:

Get a better game.

TalHex
Sep 3, 2008, 04:30 PM
good examples of better games:
persona 3, .hack//, valkyrie profile, PSO BB, xenosaga, myst, heroes of might and magic III-V, fire emblem...

Boogie Troll
Sep 3, 2008, 04:36 PM
Are you asking what happens if you use Self-Destruct or something and somehow break the law?

I have no idea. I should just go into a No Color Magic battle and hit someone with Self-Destruct.

Yeah, pretty much. I just tested it and no Red card. The only problem with this tactic is that it is sort of hard to kill yourself with something. I got lucky. I made Damage2:Human outlawed and killed off a human with magic, but it involved me crippling my Nu Mou to begin with (nearly having him die before he moved) and managed to hit myself with only a 50% chance of hitting myself, which are the best odds on magic. I don't know if Body Slam/Backdraft can suicide, but Self Destruct can if you decide you hate a unit enough to make it a Blue Mage.

So, it's a way around a law, but the odds of the situation occuring and then killing yourself with the attack are too low to give it a practical usage.

Tact
Sep 3, 2008, 05:09 PM
I made my Marche a Blue Mage. He teleported around and hit everything with Bad Breath while my other characters followed behind and finished the enemies off. :wacko:

Boogie Troll
Sep 3, 2008, 05:15 PM
Marche+Double Sword or Doublehand=Rape.

The above equation with Holy Blade thrown into the mix...well, anything not immune to Holy damage dies a quick death.

I personally hate Blue Mages as it requires a lot of patience and a completed Beast Master. And I remember the gains they get not being too great.

Tact
Sep 3, 2008, 05:21 PM
Well, I pretty much made him a Ninja right after he got Learning. Now, he's dual-wielding the best katanas available and he pretty much annihilates everything.

That is, he would be killing everything if I still played it. :wacko: