PDA

View Full Version : Why do people play on JP&US simultaneously?

unicorn
Sep 3, 2008, 03:09 PM
I don't get it. Don't you kinda have to pay for both?

I could see someone switching from US to JP servers, but some people actually play both at the same time.

I dont get it....its liike....if you're playing the JP version, why would you play the US version that has:

- less players
- American+European biggots (which are worse than Japanese biggots)
- muuuch less content (that you've already seen)
- terrible customer service

I mean, I can see if you have the money and friends, sure....but PSU friends =/= real friends. >_>;

Is it for the language? But I doubt its hard to find Japanese players that speak English (since English is taught in Japanese schools, like it is in Europe).

I mean if it were up to me, I would stick with the JP version (but I have invested too much time in the US version to switch, and my Japanese isnt that fluent).

Idk. Insight me please.

Neith
Sep 3, 2008, 03:13 PM
I mean, I can see if you have the money and friends, sure....but PSU friends =/= real friends. >_>;

Depends how you see your PSU friends really. There's little point playing on the JP server if you have no friends with you willing to play there, unless you're fine mixing with a new crowd. I generally regard my PSU friends (the ones I've known for a while anyway) as real friends anyway, so for me I'd rather be on the same server as them.

I guess if you want a taste of the future or something, maybe playing on JP gives you a chance to see what's coming at a later date. Personally, I wouldn't play on both servers simultanously- I'd cancel my account on one to switch if I was going to play JP PSU (which I'm not.)

Edit: Out of curiosity:

- American+European biggots (which are worse than Japanese biggots)

How is there even any difference?

RegulusHikari
Sep 3, 2008, 03:17 PM
- American+European biggots (which are worse than Japanese biggots)Pots and kettles.

unicorn
Sep 3, 2008, 03:19 PM
Well I should take back that PSU friends=/= real friends comment, since I enjoy the company of a selective few. And I met someone from PSU irl too, and he seemed cool.

AweOfShe
Sep 3, 2008, 03:19 PM
PSU friends =/= real friends.

That's a silly notion to have.

EDIT: There's a lot of people on PSU that I would love to meet in person. Particularly from Ventrilo.

Inazuma
Sep 3, 2008, 05:30 PM
personally i think playing both vers is stupid b/c you wont get that good at either of em. but if thats not a problem for you, then it should be fine.

hell, id love to play psu, starcraft, worms, diablo II, etc, and become extremely good at all of em, but for every additional game i add on, i will get worse at psu, so i have to just stick to one game.

chaoskila
Sep 3, 2008, 05:54 PM
asking this question is like
"if your in japan, why play the 360 servers?"
its because you probably started doing one and dont want to leave long term friends
i just learned this.

Shadwitz
Sep 3, 2008, 06:43 PM
That's a silly notion to have.

EDIT: There's a lot of people on PSU that I would love to meet in person. Particularly from Ventrilo.

I've met some people because of PSU. It was good.

Dragwind
Sep 3, 2008, 06:55 PM
Some people just want to experience both sides of the spectrum I would guess.

ashley50
Sep 3, 2008, 07:42 PM
Some people just want to experience both sides of the spectrum I would guess.

This...and a up-to-date contents that NA/EU will "soon" have.

RandomTask
Sep 4, 2008, 06:24 AM
Number 1 reason I can think of would be so you'd know what is going to be hot or not in the following months. Like playing MAG on JP server, you realize that neu walna's are going for 300k+. So you go on your US server account and buy up all the neu walna for cheap knowing that you'll make 5x the money selling them later. Any serious player with max money on all characters should know this lol.

Alastor_Haven
Sep 4, 2008, 06:28 AM
Simple

They get bored

moomoopenguin
Sep 4, 2008, 07:29 AM
friends mainly. i would completely switched over if i didn't like playing with them so much. and btw it isn't that difficult to juggle both. the only thing that frustrated me in the beginning was not having my lvled pa's. and the headacjhe from trying to figure out what everything was

Shinko
Sep 4, 2008, 07:36 AM
I couldn't do. I'll just stick with one or the other.
If that mean losing some friends then..... idk i guess i still could talk with them on msn

I just couldn't play both back n forward. I like to stick with one thing

milka
Sep 4, 2008, 07:38 AM
some ppl are more:
- addicted to this game
- they are rich I guess
- dont have life at all

Para
Sep 4, 2008, 08:00 AM
PSU friends =/= real friends. Not much respect for people online?