PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 AOtI support in game Dolby Digital 5.1?

HyperShot-X-
Sep 4, 2008, 09:11 AM
Asked this already on the other thread but just in case it was missed, I'd like to confim this as it might be related to robot slow down bug and sound effect glitch in x360 PSU aoti.

When you load up the game, do you go thru Dolby Digital credit screen that follows Sonic Team & CRI Ware screen to reach PSU game start menu screen?

Thanks in advance.

Tekershee
Sep 4, 2008, 11:54 AM
I've had PC version since the start and don't recall it.

I also have 5.1 surround sound speakers but in game you only get stereo/mono options.

I do hear sound from all 5 speakers though with no speaker effects on, or surround sound settings on my sound card but it's not too good..

Inazuma
Sep 4, 2008, 01:25 PM
i use 5.1 speakers and have the sound set to global focus in the options. it appears to be proper 5.1 sound but i dunno exactly. if a monster is behind and to my left, their sounds will come out of that speaker only, etc. it works nicely and its useful when im having trouble locating things.

Mysterious-G
Sep 4, 2008, 01:32 PM
I am not sure that it is 5.1
I was listening to the PSU soundtrack, and man, it was far more awesome than it is in-game.

Most people say that the PSU tracks suck, but when I was listening to the soundtrack they were simply awesome. :/ (Especially 'the hunt'.)

JAFO22000
Sep 4, 2008, 01:33 PM
To answer your question, yes, both the Dolby and ESRB screens appear when you load up AOTI on the 360. They are first shown when it loads the disc, and then are shown again when you select "yes" to play AOTI.

HyperShot-X-
Sep 4, 2008, 02:06 PM
Tks, but this question was actually directed to PC & PS2 users only to see if in-game Dolby surround sound FX and robot slow down bug are both exclusive to x360 version only.
Since it's confirmed PC version doesn't officially support 5.1 , how about PS2? Can anyone help out plz?

JAFO22000
Sep 4, 2008, 02:19 PM
Sorry about that. Your original post didn't clarify a version.

T0m
Sep 4, 2008, 04:07 PM
I don't recall the PS2 version supporting 5.1 sound.
It's been a while since I used the PS2 game (through a PS3), but I'm sure I would have remembered. That's because my amplifier comes from a time when 5.1 was still novel, and fancy lights will show whenever it receives a 5.1 signal.