PDA

View Full Version : Blarg.

PhotonDrop
Sep 4, 2008, 12:32 PM
That motherfucking lava dragon in Super Mario World. You know what I'm talking about. Those beady little eyes peeking just over the molten surface, before it emerges from the depths to pounce on your raft of skulls. They still haunt me to this day.

And don't get me started on Banzai Bill. God DAMN.

Monochrome
Sep 4, 2008, 12:34 PM
Reznor kind of freaked me out as a kid.

UnderscoreX
Sep 4, 2008, 12:49 PM
What about those twisted little Toad people who used to impersonate princess' in distress ? Like hell i'm going to another castle.

PhotonDrop
Sep 4, 2008, 01:06 PM
What about those twisted little Toad people who used to impersonate princess' in distress ? Like hell i'm going to another castle.

Those were simpler times. In SMW you saved Yoshi eggs from the Koopa Kids, what kind of shit is that?

Weeaboolits
Sep 4, 2008, 01:14 PM
Those were simpler times. In SMW you saved Yoshi eggs from the Koopa Kids, what kind of shit is that?I think he just wanted to blow up the castles, I don't blame him, I think it'd be fun.

PhotonDrop
Sep 4, 2008, 01:25 PM
I think he just wanted to blow up the castles, I don't blame him, I think it'd be fun.

I still enjoy watching Mario literally wipe castle 6(7?) out of existence. WITH A BROOM.

Rocket Castle #4 careening into the distant hill with eyes entertained me as a child for a good 10 minutes before I stopped giggling long enough to go into the Forest of Illusion.

Outrider
Sep 4, 2008, 01:37 PM
Oh God. It's the "blarg" sound they made that did it to me.

And now I'm going to be paranoid for the rest of the day.

ShinMaruku
Sep 4, 2008, 02:09 PM
Defeat him with the force of a witch.

TalHex
Sep 4, 2008, 02:14 PM
aren't you against witches shin? so why would you want us to use the power of witches?

Weeaboolits
Sep 4, 2008, 02:15 PM
aren't you against witches shin? so why would you want us to use the power of witches?He wants us to capture them and use them to power our weapons in the battle against Toyota.

pikachief
Sep 4, 2008, 02:16 PM
me and my brother like to make our own mario levels. for some reason i always put a ton of Banzai Bills and he always puts a ton of Lava Dragons XD

its fun though, get over the wall by spinning on teh lava dragon!

get in this hole up there by crouch jumping through the wave of bullets lol :)

PhotonDrop
Sep 4, 2008, 02:34 PM
Custom levels suck. :(

Despite Blarg and Banzai Bill, Big Boo did not scare me. YOU'RE THAT BIG AND YOU STILL WUSS OUT WHEN I LOOK AT YOU??

Those green transparent blobs though... holy fuck those were scary.

pikachief
Sep 4, 2008, 02:41 PM
once i was on a forum and someone posted that they had a fear of Banzai bills

I've never laughed so hard on a forum in my life XD

my goodness so many bills :)

PhotonDrop
Sep 4, 2008, 02:44 PM
Shit man, don't tell me you weren't taken by suprise in the first level, strolling along after stoming on that mutant thing they try to call a koopa without his shell, when all of a sudden this big fucking bullet comes flying at you, and it looks PISSED.

pikachief
Sep 4, 2008, 02:46 PM
i will admit i did get scared, pressed down to duck but in surprise also jumped at the same time :/

but yea they're like You in my way and now your gonna DIE.

Tact
Sep 4, 2008, 02:54 PM
Shit man, don't tell me you weren't taken by suprise in the first level, strolling along after stoming on that mutant thing they try to call a koopa without his shell, when all of a sudden this big fucking bullet comes flying at you, and it looks PISSED.

I hate Rexes, they have to be silly and take two stomps to kill. :disapprove:

They were much easier to beat in the Mario and Luigi games.

Outrider
Sep 4, 2008, 03:00 PM
I think a spin-jump defeats rexes in one hit.

pikachief
Sep 4, 2008, 03:01 PM
I like to speed run taht game its fun cuz u can finish it very quickly or u can take your time to do the whole thing

PhotonDrop
Sep 4, 2008, 03:08 PM
I think a spin-jump defeats rexes in one hit.

Yep, once I learned that, that was all I used against them. :wacko:

Before I forget, did anybody reach Soda Lake on their first couple play throughs? Torpedo Ted was fucking awesome. It's Bullet Bill. Under water. To make things better, the indestructable black box they came from(which launched Teds even when you stood directly infront of them, unlike Bullet Bill) looked like Mickey Mouse's hand sending these messengers of death after Mario.

Outrider
Sep 4, 2008, 03:20 PM
I forgot about that cartoon hand launching the torpedoes. That was awesome.

Man, I gotta play Mario World again sometime soon.

Outrider
Sep 4, 2008, 03:35 PM

Man, I gotta play Mario World again sometime soon.

ShinMaruku
Sep 4, 2008, 03:46 PM
He wants us to capture them and use them to power our weapons in the battle against Toyota.
:E
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/0/0e/300px-Masked_booby_(Galapagos).jpg

Tact
Sep 4, 2008, 04:33 PM

You must be talking about the Torpedo Teds. I wonder if they'll have any more named ammunition, like Cannonball Chris or Shrapnel Shawn. :wacko:

PhotonDrop
Sep 4, 2008, 05:20 PM
Out of all the things in this game, the thing that shocked me the most was the ghost ship level it plays like a ghost house, except underwater. The little twist is no big deal, it's the same old song and dance by now. BUT WAIT. You just went through a warp pipe and now you're FALLING. You don't know what the hell is going on, there's a power star and some koopa troopas over there but you're still falling. After what seems like an eternity you smack into the platform below and get STAGE CLEAR! Confused as hell you have to play that level again just to find out how you cleared it.

Tact
Sep 4, 2008, 05:47 PM
I'm sure it must be fun to blast through the Koopa Troopas in a big midair battle, though. :wacko:

Has anyone ever made a Flash animation of that or something?

Sord
Sep 4, 2008, 05:58 PM
nothing in a video game has scared me more than the eel in super mario 64

Tact
Sep 4, 2008, 06:36 PM
nothing in a video game has scared me more than the eel in super mario 64

I think the only thing that has scared me in a video game is watching Mario drown when someone else was playing. I'm overly cautious in water stages of every game because of that.

PhotonDrop
Sep 4, 2008, 11:28 PM
And wtf was up with Charging Chuck? Was he another normal guy in football gear, or was he a Koopa Troopa in football gear? All I know is that motherfucker did everything. Sometimes he didn't even care to go after Mario. Sometimes he would just sit there doing jumping jacks. OH HO BUT THEN he switches it up on you and does jumping jacks while going after Mario. Other times he will sit there with a shovel and dig up rocks that BOUNCE. Think he's out of tricks? Nah, next time you see him he will be minding his own business, and the moment you step on his head he summons Super Koopas to swarm all over the place. You'd be lucky to survive! Truly a man of many talents, he has even perfected the art of the doppleganger. Harkening back to his earlier tricks he will look like he's going to do some jumping jacks until you realise two extra Chucks popped out of his back and they're all coming after you.

God damn this game had awesome villains.

pikachief
Sep 4, 2008, 11:38 PM
he'd also be sitting there minding his own business and u walk up to him and you like, "hey chuck wats up" and he's like BLA!!! and then there's 3 of them! and they all charge at u :(

Weeaboolits
Sep 4, 2008, 11:58 PM
He tried to confuse you by pelting you with baseballs while in football gear also.

TheOneHero
Sep 5, 2008, 12:01 AM
Out of all the things in this game, the thing that shocked me the most was the ghost ship level it plays like a ghost house, except underwater. The little twist is no big deal, it's the same old song and dance by now. BUT WAIT. You just went through a warp pipe and now you're FALLING. You don't know what the hell is going on, there's a power star and some koopa troopas over there but you're still falling. After what seems like an eternity you smack into the platform below and get STAGE CLEAR! Confused as hell you have to play that level again just to find out how you cleared it.

Let's not forget the spikey things that come falling after you during that process. If you messed up, the horde of those things would kill you. ;-;

Solstis
Sep 5, 2008, 12:28 AM
The Ghost Houses terrified me. The collision detection was wacky. You thought that Mario was dead, because he was CLEARLY touched by a Ghost, but it was one of the background Ghosts but didn't count.

But the background ones and the real ones mix and omg.

Tact
Sep 5, 2008, 05:10 AM
He tried to confuse you by pelting you with baseballs while in football gear also.

Those super-powered baseballs would also go through walls. Don't think you're safe just because you've run behind a barrier. :wacko:

raikomaru40
Sep 5, 2008, 06:13 AM
if a whomp were to use the tanuki suit, would he turn human?

Outrider
Sep 5, 2008, 12:39 PM
if a whomp were to use the tanuki suit, would he turn human?

Oh snap.

But that's Super Mario Bros 3.

A topic for a whole different thread.

ShinMaruku
Sep 5, 2008, 01:35 PM
That's when you stomped out that mother fucker.
When I saw him I just attributed that to Japanese people being insane.

PhotonDrop
Sep 6, 2008, 03:17 AM
Truly, Charging Chuck was a rennaisance man.

Moo2u
Sep 7, 2008, 01:54 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/Moo2u/Funny%20pics/cat.jpg