PDA

View Full Version : Whats new? may be coming back

Paggos
Sep 4, 2008, 08:42 PM
Hey, what's up everyone? I was just curious as to how PSU is doing these days. I played pretty much from launch until MAG and am thinking of coming back but would like to know the state of the game. I played PC/PS2 btw. So how is the community, economy, and difficulty? Also, how is SEGA maintaining the game? Feel free to add any info of what has happened in the time while I did not play.

Thanks a bunch!
Paggos

Valhaz
Sep 4, 2008, 09:05 PM
I myself just came back today as well from a 6 month (extended break). Typical new stuff, boards, weapons, items etc. I play on the 360 side so I don't know how the pc/ps2 economy and such is holding up but hey either way come on back! :P

Ryock
Sep 4, 2008, 09:09 PM
Well, first and foremost, the maintenance on the game has been average or below, simply because as far as I know, SEGA moved their servers, and now some people are getting unusual lag spikes, sometimes dcs. Personally, I don't get this often, I mostly just get lag and slowdown, but yeah, SEGA's working on it.

Atm, we got a Guardians Boost Road event going on, or GBR for short. Basically, we're getting huge drop rate boosts, with a chance of seeing the caves from the old PSO games. So, for the most part, people are just running Neudaiz missions over and over to get good drops. If you played a Fortetecher, this event is especially good for you since Okarod, Kazarod, and Tesbra boards are really easy to find in this event, you're almost guaranteed the party will find at least one per run. Just think about it like this. Any item you thought was really hard to get in Hill of Spores, White Beast, Sacred Stream, Flowery Pursuit, or Dancing Birds just got WORLDS easier to find.

Community is probably the same as when you left. Same goes for the economy. Due to the GBR going on, a lot of good techer items are losing value cause of how easy they are to find now. Difficulty is the same as before, with some quests now getting S2 difficulties. That's about it I guess. Apparently, rumors are going around that we're getting the master classes in October too, so I guess that's something to look forward to.

ashley50
Sep 4, 2008, 09:09 PM
same PC/PS2 community insane prices...

Paggos
Sep 4, 2008, 09:26 PM
Hehe well it is too bad I'm not a techer! My main is a beast protranser/fortegunner *points to title*. Also out of curiosity, have master classes been released yet?

Alastor_Haven
Sep 4, 2008, 09:29 PM
Probably in a month

Indica
Sep 4, 2008, 11:23 PM
Hey, what's up everyone? I was just curious as to how PSU is doing these days.

Welcome back. Read and enjoy

http://psupedia.info/Updates

>

beatrixkiddo
Sep 4, 2008, 11:27 PM
Run while you still can...

ChaosAngel92
Sep 5, 2008, 08:04 PM
In the last month I think -23 people joined.....
I hope you understand what the "-" sign means....

Errorrrr
Sep 6, 2008, 09:34 AM
How many player still on PS2/PC and Xbox360??? which is cleaner community?

Dragwind
Sep 6, 2008, 01:54 PM
Welcome back. Read and enjoy

http://psupedia.info/Updates

>

^

That's indeed a good place to start.

cel
Sep 7, 2008, 09:59 AM
How many player still on PS2/PC and Xbox360??? which is cleaner community?

dunno about xbox but pc/ps2 population is at an all-time low. 1.5 stars in just one server throughout the weekend. I would guess maybe 2 stars at a peak.

I beelieve mag2 had a peak average of 2.5 stars or 3. "peak average" being the operative term.

the game's a-dyin' on this side.

As for cleaner community, I am not entirely sure what you mean by that. Both platforms feature the majority of the population being anime fabois teenyboppers so I would say... neither is 'cleaner'.

My honest advice for the OP. Use the 10 bucks a month on something else. It's not really worth coming back unless you have a bunch of people you like here and miss them dearly. Though you may not see the vast majority of them playing anymore.