PDA

View Full Version : Price Crash Imminent: Baret/Barec

CHA0TIX
Sep 5, 2008, 05:42 AM
Just thought I'd share some info with those that might be intrested.

Our next scheduled mission is Remaining Blades.

It's here that Shigga Barec is an area drop, and Shigga Baret is a boss box item on the S2 version of the mission.

More info here:
http://psupedia.info/Remaining_Blades

So, if you're after one, it's best to wait a little while.

And if you're thinking of selling, do it now!

Cracka_J
Sep 5, 2008, 07:41 AM
Got rid of my barec/baret before the first wave of sn/g's hit.
Imo, that's when they first started to really crash, this will just add insult to injury.

May also want to get rid of those rattlesnacs too while you're at it ;)

Alastor_Haven
Sep 5, 2008, 07:46 AM
Man you're going to start a Rattlesnake VS Rattlesnac :( Argument now J :O

Para
Sep 5, 2008, 07:48 AM
Nice to see guns dropping else where other than Desert Goliath S2.

Cracka_J
Sep 5, 2008, 07:51 AM
Man you're going to start a Rattlesnake VS Rattlesnac :( Argument now J :O

Wasn't my intent. Look at seed express/train/whatever they're gonna call it drop chart :o

EMPYREAN
Sep 5, 2008, 07:52 AM
Nice to see guns dropping else where other than Desert Goliath S2.

indeed it is

CHA0TIX
Sep 5, 2008, 08:05 AM
May also want to get rid of those rattlesnacs too while you're at it ;)

If they don't drop 10/10, im not intrested.

Kizeragi
Sep 5, 2008, 08:26 AM
Sold my 2 for 18mil each. Using 2 SN/G now anyway, if they grind well.

Neith
Sep 5, 2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I knew this ages ago. I like my Barec too much to sell though >_> At least it'll give me a chance to get additional ones to grind :wacko:

That is also assuming Remaining Blades becomes popular. I imagine it may for RA-types, but otherwise I'm not sure.

jobber
Sep 6, 2008, 02:50 PM
heh
this sucks cause everyone will have one

I have 9 barets and 1 barac .... few of them are past 5/10

You can get them from DGS2 easy

It still puzzles me why people hate or are too scared to run it by themselves especially when it's only 2 blocks+boss and 3 type of enemies there. (bots, bees, random guards)

darkante
Sep 6, 2008, 03:58 PM
heh

It still puzzles me why people hate or are too scared to run it by themselves especially when it's only 2 blocks+boss and 3 type of enemies there. (bots, bees, random guards)

Probably because they get extremely annoyed by the rag-doll effect (meaning get knocked around). I for one donīt really have a problem with it, i just dislike it.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 6, 2008, 04:43 PM
heh

Most people won't want to spend 10-15 minutes doing this mission solo, they're too in love with WB. A small 2-3 man team = destroys the mission/boss.

xAmrit
Sep 6, 2008, 06:40 PM
The Shigga Pakuda will come out soon according to PSUPedia

There is a mission called Innocent girl coming out, it will drop on s2

Ryno
Sep 6, 2008, 06:45 PM
Just thought I'd share some info with those that might be intrested.

Our next scheduled mission is Remaining Blades.

More info here:
http://psupedia.info/Remaining_Blades

And if you're thinking of selling, do it now!

I see Bajurac dropping.
I need that to update my acrotecher pallete! ( to replace my tesbra.. haha!)

Golto
Sep 6, 2008, 07:25 PM
The Shigga Pakuda will come out soon according to PSUPedia

There is a mission called Innocent girl coming out, it will drop on s2

Soon if you mean 5 or more months from now.

I think you guys are jumping the guns about rattlesnacs though since we won't be seeing SEED express for at least 3 months *if* they have no delays.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 6, 2008, 07:52 PM
Meh, I'm happy with my Barec, and you have to consider that these probably won't start dropping until after the grinding bonus :P So by the time I'm done grinding, it'll keep the 14 mil value I bought the board for, at the very least.

System-Id
Sep 6, 2008, 08:02 PM
Baret = Toy Shotgun
Barec = Smexy RL Lookin Shotty

Kumlekar
Sep 6, 2008, 08:15 PM
Probably true, but it is a bit early to be selling, at least wait till the last week of GBR.

P.S. System-Id, your sig is awesome.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Sep 6, 2008, 08:21 PM
heh

It still puzzles me why people hate or are too scared to run it by themselves especially when it's only 2 blocks+boss and 3 type of enemies there. (bots, bees, random guards)Robot slowdown obviously

Skye-Fox713
Sep 6, 2008, 08:22 PM
well, I've been looking for a chance to get a Barec

cel
Sep 7, 2008, 10:05 AM
Honestly, we need more threads and general awareness like this to help mitigate some of the wildly drastic changes that certain events and "updates" bring to player shop prices.

and I do mean this sincerely. I'm not being sarcastic and fuck you people who get upset at a nice person like the OP who was kind enough to do the work and warn us. Greedy pissants.

Alastor_Haven
Sep 7, 2008, 10:38 AM
Interesting

I have a few needles

But I wouldn't mind using a gun that actually really does look like a Shotgun IRL haha

fay
Sep 7, 2008, 11:18 AM
im looking to upgrade from the shigga destas so this is gonna do nicely. right now the barret is going at 2.9 mil :D

Tetsaru
Sep 7, 2008, 05:32 PM
I don't care what people say, I hate Kubara clones of guns, and I always will. I suck at grinding to make their stats worth anything, and no bullet effects = fail, though I will agree that the dark color DOES make the Barec look cool.

Having somewhere other than Desert "Pain-in-the-Ass" Goliath to hunt for a Baret is a godsend to me, though getting some newer guns, like Shigga Pakuda, Gur Hanab, and Killer Elite that we DON'T have to hunt in an event is an update long overdue. We REALLY need to catch up with Japan... >_<

Dragwind
Sep 7, 2008, 05:36 PM
Most people won't want to spend 10-15 minutes doing this mission solo, they're too in love with WB. A small 2-3 man team = destroys the mission/boss.

Exactly. If you grab a few people, just the mission a few times a day, and one will drop eventually. Better than paying the 30mil or so I'm seeing in the player shops.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 7, 2008, 09:57 PM
I imagine well-grinded ones will still hold good value. Especially the barecs, since kubara weapons don't grind well. I'm banking on the grinding bonus coming and leaving before the new mission where they'll supposedly drop en masse

Yunfa
Sep 7, 2008, 10:27 PM
I'm putting my money in this thread, just sold my 8/8 Barec for 20mill (360)

Had a feeling the price would drop but after watching this thread I finally decidedt put down my chips.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 7, 2008, 10:31 PM
Meh, I'm happy with my Barec, and you have to consider that these probably won't start dropping until after the grinding bonus :P So by the time I'm done grinding, it'll keep the 14 mil value I bought the board for, at the very least.

We're supposedly getting the grind bonus one week before this mission, so...

CHA0TIX
Sep 8, 2008, 04:46 AM
Honestly, we need more threads and general awareness like this to help mitigate some of the wildly drastic changes that certain events and "updates" bring to player shop prices.

and I do mean this sincerely. I'm not being sarcastic and fuck you people who get upset at a nice person like the OP who was kind enough to do the work and warn us. Greedy pissants.

Thank you. :-)

I'll continue to research and inform, even if it's just you that apprichates it!

jobber
Sep 10, 2008, 10:02 AM
Robot slowdown obviously

I've NEVER had robot slowdown on Moatoob. Only happens to me on Neudaiz.

Darius_Drake
Sep 10, 2008, 12:47 PM
I've NEVER had robot slowdown on Moatoob. Only happens to me on Neudaiz.

Wow!!! I actually avoided this mission fearing the slow down, but if what you say is true I will be on this mission tonight.

desturel
Sep 10, 2008, 02:35 PM
Wow!!! I actually avoided this mission fearing the slow down, but if what you say is true I will be on this mission tonight.

There are two easily identifiable maps that have slowdown on Desert Goliath. Two maps on Grove of Fanatics. Four maps (that I've noticed) on Sacred Stream. Three maps (again that I've noticed) on Train Rescue.

I even found one on Endrum Remnants, but after the first batch of robots, there are only Kanonhe, Bees and Grinna Beta C so the slowdown does multiply (no robot explosion, no compounded issue).

I have no idea about the maps for Rogue's Shortcut. I tried to start a thread listing robot slowdown maps, but since no one seemed interested, I stopped after two posts. Too lazy to keep a thread going by myself. :D

Anyway Desert Goliath is the easiest map to avoid slowdown in so go for it. Unfortunately one of the Grove of Fanatics maps, the slowdown carries over into the next time you start the mission. Same with one of the Sacred Stream maps. If you get those maps, you'll get slowdown immediately at the next time you start the map no matter what layout instead of getting the slowdown on the second block.

Darius_Drake
Sep 11, 2008, 11:33 AM
I tried soloing Desert Goliath S2 last night and there wasn't any slow down. I actually scored a rattlesnake board from the first run. I put it in the oven and now I own my first fully functional rattlesnake. :D I feel a little silly now.