PDA

View Full Version : s+10's and inflation

RufuSwho
Sep 5, 2008, 08:23 AM
Everyone I know is aware of the S+10 glitch that was fixed awile back, but allowed good number of cheaters to stock up on stacks of 99 S+10 grinders for 1 meseta apeice.

A friend of a friend is one of these cheaters. He was banned for two weeks for producing illegit grinders. Then he emailed SEGA saying that he bought those grinders legally and they gave him back his account. He now has a full common box of S+10 stacks, and sells one stack at a time overnight for something like 33 mil profit everday.

Now, there are people who have 4+ stacks of meseta, 6x Spread Needle/G and still have 20+ stacks of S+10 grinders to sell.

Meaning that if a casual player wants to buy a high % Mugunruk (for example), well, even a stack won't buy one 46% or higher.

So now all the most coveted items are going for more than I will ever be able to produce legit.

I'm not sure what to think of this. You?

CelestialBlade
Sep 5, 2008, 08:58 AM
Wow, it's like someone dropped a huge nuke on the economy.

If Sega actually took the time to test their updates before making them live, they would've avoided incidents like these....I understand that mistakes happen, but look at their track record when it comes to updates that go without a hitch.

Telina
Sep 5, 2008, 10:00 AM
well it seems to me that if you can't match their money, you'd have to match their items. there are other methods of attaining high percentage weapons. You could always make your own.

Make one sell it for a stack and buy another one or barter it for another element of similar percent. It seems to me this game will eventually wind up with an economy similar to pso. Money will mean nothing as sooner or later everyone will have so much of it we won't be able to hold much more.

But in short i guess its better to purchase/farm a board and hope for the best.

BTW. I completely agree about how retarted this is with sega allowing accounts full of illegit items back on the open servers.

Valhaz
Sep 5, 2008, 10:23 AM
I have to agree with both of you to be honest. In PSO, money meant nothing it was so glitched and even before the hacks it truly meant nothing. I hope the economy doesn't eventually wind up like that, because I enjoy saving up a couple mil to drop it on somethin I really want. You know you really worked for it, not just did a few hacks and all of a sudden had a full stack of meseta to blow.

xAmrit
Sep 5, 2008, 11:45 AM
one of the reasons it meant nothing is because we didn't have the same shop system, meaning there was no easy way to buy/sell

the other for me, was that you could only hold 24mil at max, where as you can hold 800mil on this one

Poncho_Jr
Sep 5, 2008, 11:50 AM
This is berry berry ebil.
I coulda used those to try and get Hoshi-Kikamic to 10. D:

Sasamichan
Sep 5, 2008, 01:39 PM
ST should have wiped every S+10 grinders after the glitch was fixed.

NDW
Sep 5, 2008, 02:14 PM

Same thing I was thinking at the time.

funnymatt
Sep 5, 2008, 02:19 PM

QFT. Or at least wiped anything more than one stack per account. I suspect that the work required to do so would have been far in excess of what Sega planned to do for those on us on the Xbox360. So now we just have to deal with players that glitched grinders making tons of meseta, and players that took advantage of the situation by buying grinders on the cheap that are now profiting. Those of us with integrity just have to deal with it. At least we can sleep at night.

Green_Bandit
Sep 5, 2008, 02:22 PM
I'm looking at it like this...

There are two kinds of players that dwell in PSU the hackers/cheaters and the legit ones

The hacker/cheaters are the ones that dupe, scam, rare boot, and whatever else that type of douche bag does

The legit players are the types who are obviously opposite of the hacker/cheaters and wouldn't boot if a certain rare dropped.

Now this type of thing has been going on since the PSO days. Any one remember using the words "Is it legit" or "I'm legit" or "It's duped" you know the rest...

Now these people with stacks of S+10's or a multiple A's and S's grinded up to 10 you already know how those weapons got there. DUPED S+10's. So when so and so goes Look at my Mugungruk +10! I'm sooo much better than you! I'm going to be straight up and tell them that weapon is garbage! Because, they had to cheat to get that. So while they do 100-150 per hit (big whoop!) I'll just take out my viper hand gun (because I play with the weapons I like not what everyone thinks are cool) pop the Koltova that you are poking, and turn my camera, get my own kill experiance + some from yours. Problem solved. That cheated weapon doesn't make you a better player than me, doesn't give them "GOD" status it just shows the noobs that they have a "good" weapon but shows me that you are a cheater and I probly shouldnt be playing with you because if your party leader your just gonna be gready and boot everyone just to get an in game rare item and I won't get my money, MP, or fair share of the rares. (On a side note what's the point of booting any way? Just to get a rare and flex your e-peen to everyone?)

I'm not "poor" by any means on this game since money comes and goes. But I'll be straight up and tell you I can't afford to go out and buy 50 S+10's and still be ballin. So I'll have to get my own. Soon enough those S+10's will be gone and then what are they going to do? What other ways can they cheat? May not be by the end of the year but eventually they will be gone.

Any one remember how duping took the fun ot of PSO?! It's the same thing! If you had Max level and every rare you wanted and those rares were maxed out whats the reason to play?! We're hurting our own game. What reason is there to have 4 stacks of money?! You cheated to get there in the first place, so why should you control every market?!

And if everyone is sooo concerned about it how about 50 people go at least once a week and buy 1 S+10 grinder and feed it to your bot. Get those things off the market. 50 people can get it done! So what you lose 20K a week?! Its a game! 3-4 more years it won't mean shit! Are you gonna look back in 20xx and say yeah, that game was fun but after the grinder glitch I lost 20K a week! You won't care! So make the experiance more worth while now and get them off the maket!

But then what does that do? it either forces everyone to make their own which is a good thing or it will force the prices of grinders up soo high no one can make steady money off of them and we all go back to picking up A and S grinder bases!

CelestialBlade
Sep 5, 2008, 02:32 PM
Most hackers are little kids with no actual friends offline, so they have to redeem their pitiful self-esteem by stroking their e-peens in a virtual world that nobody will care about in 5 years. Just wait until the real world destroys them.

Knowing that I'm not one of them is more than enough to help me sleep better at night.

Valhaz
Sep 5, 2008, 02:44 PM
/Agreed

Ryno
Sep 5, 2008, 03:10 PM
/Agreed

Agreed as well.

Poncho_Jr
Sep 5, 2008, 03:32 PM
I can't totally agree because I'll admit that I have used some of the hacked grinders! D:
And without them, I wouldn't have average grinded weapons.

pikachief
Sep 5, 2008, 03:37 PM
they could've at least did a roll back as soon as they found out, and took out the delivery system until they had a fix for the problem >.> (at least for the main 3 shops :/)

Dragwind
Sep 5, 2008, 05:27 PM
If you can't get the meseta (seeing as prices are now iffy), I'd try to work through the trade market, if possible.

pikachief
Sep 5, 2008, 05:39 PM
yea i have to settle with 30% everything while everyone around me is like "HEY LOOK AT MY NEW 50% 10/10 TO MATCH MY COLLECTION LOLOLOL :wacko:

>.<

im just attempting to afford a spread needle somehow

landman
Sep 6, 2008, 07:38 AM
I didn't buy any S+10 and now I feel stupid, buying duped grinders is not cheating

Errorrrr
Sep 6, 2008, 09:31 AM
Most hackers are little kids with no actual friends offline, so they have to redeem their pitiful self-esteem by stroking their e-peens in a virtual world that nobody will care about in 5 years. Just wait until the real world destroys them.

Knowing that I'm not one of them is more than enough to help me sleep better at night.

As much as you want to vent your anger... hackers are generally not little kids... many of the hackers makes the hack, tell a couple friends and asked them not to leak the info; but inevitably gets leaked AND THEN the little kids starts abusing it...

Green_Bandit
Sep 6, 2008, 10:29 AM
I didn't buy any S+10 and now I feel stupid, buying duped grinders is not cheating

Buying duped grinders IS cheating! If you understand that then stop playing. It's just like buying copied CD/DVDs. If its not cheating why did Sega ban people who bought them while they were running rampant? Because it is cheating and yor are supporting the cheaters. Get real man!

SuperRygar
Sep 6, 2008, 11:12 AM
The economy has been inflated since the beginning, this is just the next big thing. None of this affects me because I dont really buy anything from other players, maybe a couple mats here and there. I didn't even hear about that problem until now.. But really, where's the sense of accomplishment if your just going to buy everything? I only use what I've made and I don't need to have high% and 10/10 just to use it. Why pay real money to play a game, if your just going to use fake money to do all the work for you?

Get over it and do things for yourself

landman
Sep 6, 2008, 02:36 PM
No, sega only banned people who duped grinders, any seller that didn't dupe himself the grinders was not banned, only temporally and unbanned after checking their innocence.

I didn't buy grinders because I didn't want to support the cheaters, cheaters got banned and their money disappeared, now everyone who bough grinders is making profit of them, they are not cheaters, they are opportunists, and I feel stupid for not having s+10 to use the grinding bonus lol

Kumlekar
Sep 6, 2008, 03:51 PM
Everyone I know is aware of the S+10 glitch that was fixed awile back, but allowed good number of cheaters to stock up on stacks of 99 S+10 grinders for 1 meseta apeice.

A friend of a friend is one of these cheaters. He was banned for two weeks for producing illegit grinders. Then he emailed SEGA saying that he bought those grinders legally and they gave him back his account. He now has a full common box of S+10 stacks, and sells one stack at a time overnight for something like 33 mil profit everday.

Now, there are people who have 4+ stacks of meseta, 6x Spread Needle/G and still have 20+ stacks of S+10 grinders to sell.

Meaning that if a casual player wants to buy a high % Mugunruk (for example), well, even a stack won't buy one 46% or higher.

So now all the most coveted items are going for more than I will ever be able to produce legit.

I'm not sure what to think of this. You?

I would like to point out a common misconception about how the enconomy works. This glitch introduced a massive number of extremely valuable items to the economy. It did not introduce any Maseta, so it does not actully cause inflation. obviously it does redistribute the current money, but it should not raise prices, only lower them on the good replicated.

Triple_S
Sep 6, 2008, 04:56 PM
The economy has been inflated since the beginning, this is just the next big thing. None of this affects me because I dont really buy anything from other players, maybe a couple mats here and there. I didn't even hear about that problem until now.. But really, where's the sense of accomplishment if your just going to buy everything? I only use what I've made and I don't need to have high% and 10/10 just to use it. Why pay real money to play a game, if your just going to use fake money to do all the work for you?

Get over it and do things for yourself

The sense of accomplishment comes from doing missions or running a good shop so that you can afford the weapon.

I can't hunt most of this stuff, not to mention I'd never get it even if I could. I'd synth, but my stuff never works... IF I can actually get the materials for it.

Csero
Sep 6, 2008, 05:39 PM
I do hunt up most of the things I own myself. Nothing feels better than farming the board the materials and then making it yourself. However I like to grind my stuff too, and my Paul's Disease makes it hard to produce any S+10's myself.

It smells pretty fishy when I go to 10 shops and 7 have two or more stacks of S+10's. No one could make that much naturally even if they have some kinda vodoo.

acidOD
Sep 6, 2008, 10:55 PM
On a positive note... I made my own LEGIT S+10 grinders for the first time a few days ago! =]

WildArms2
Sep 7, 2008, 12:10 AM
I would like to point out a common misconception about how the enconomy works. This glitch introduced a massive number of extremely valuable items to the economy. It did not introduce any Maseta, so it does not actully cause inflation. obviously it does redistribute the current money, but it should not raise prices, only lower them on the good replicated.

YOUR A MORON IF YOU THINK LIKE THIS.

Every item brought into the game has NPC sell back rate on s+10 is 700 soo if 5 billion s+10s were brought into the game then what is 5 billion x 700 35 biillion extra meseta was brought into the game cause mass inflation. SURE not every grinder was NPC'ed but there was enought to mess up the economy

ZcRaider
Sep 8, 2008, 07:50 PM
I really think you guys are over reacting. Yes there are some issues with peps cheating, but for the most part it has been taken care of. Besides there are cons and pros to everything. A least S ranks are affordable now.

Besides, the Xbox version is in so much better shape than the pc version. Believe me, i know. I played the pc version back when the lvl cap was 50. I know about the atrocities that happend there, live them really.

Xbox is fine. As long as peps report cheaters to sega, thinks will self correct over time.

thats my 2 cents on the matter.