PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Element and why?

Poncho_Jr
Sep 5, 2008, 11:32 AM
My favorite would have to be Ice.
As a techer, Ice TECHnics have the best status and graphical effects.
As a Ranger. I just love Freeze over any other.

Kylie
Sep 5, 2008, 11:36 AM
Light and ice for looks. Maybe fire too.

But my favorite is dark for its looks and SE (<3 virus).

Cracka_J
Sep 5, 2008, 11:37 AM
where is checkbox for purple...

Powder Keg
Sep 5, 2008, 11:39 AM
Dark element has always been a favorite of mine for a long time. I've also always been a big fan of Wind, but that's not in this game.

RufuSwho
Sep 5, 2008, 11:58 AM
dark gets the 5% damage bonus, a decent SE (not as usefull when your party kicks ass anyway)

mostly because the recent missions have all included light mobs

ask again when the parties move on to Parum, then it will be ice and ground FTW!

Chid
Sep 5, 2008, 12:03 PM
My favourite is probably Dark, just due to it's deep purple colour. And the graphic effects that go with it.

CelestialBlade
Sep 5, 2008, 12:11 PM
Light for storyline reasons, though I seem to be getting the most use out of Dark and Ground. I miss the Parum days when all my uber ice gear/bullets was useful :P

afterthoughtz
Sep 5, 2008, 12:11 PM
FIIIAAAAA!!!!!!
Why you ask?? HELLO>>>ITS FIIIIAAAAAA

darkante
Sep 5, 2008, 12:17 PM
Ice, status effects of it kind look nice.
And Ice spells looks pretty awesome as well.
And blue-white combo on my Cast´s characters is what i like the most.

And ohh...did i mention i love the colour blue? ;P

RadiantLegend
Sep 5, 2008, 12:20 PM
as fF Ground - Beacuse I love to kill vahras
as fG Fire - Burn Baby Burn!!!!!!!!!!!

ashley50
Sep 5, 2008, 12:25 PM
Melee = main priorities are light and dark...less elements to worry about.
Guns = All Elements
techer = almost all...

unicorn
Sep 5, 2008, 12:27 PM
Lightning for tehcs. I ALWAYS loved Zonde techs (before they became "cool"). I loved em sooo much, someone told me my Zonde reached 31 before Cherry. =D

As for weapons, its between Lightning and Light. Yellow is like my favorite colour, so its probably lightning there too.

Bullets? Lightning, Light, and Ice.

Valhaz
Sep 5, 2008, 12:36 PM
Ice..Always <3 the effects and graphicals of ice..Maybe cause I love winter too lol

Valhaz
Sep 5, 2008, 12:39 PM
Oh btw, TECH wise I love Gizonde! I made a low level fortetecher and he has Gizonde at level 14 and all others at like level 4. Love the look of AoE force of it.

Zarode
Sep 5, 2008, 12:39 PM
Ice.

So I can do this.

"Stop! Zarode time."

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7632/dancinghitlernm0.gif

darkante
Sep 5, 2008, 12:44 PM
Ice..Always <3 the effects and graphicals of ice..Maybe cause I love winter too lol
Gives a bit of irony to my post.
I "hate winter" with a passion.

But enough off-topic from me.

thematesV2
Sep 5, 2008, 12:46 PM
i like Ground the best, because it has such a rich orange color. I think it all depends on what your doing with it, to me. for guns, ice and dark, Ice for freezy, dark for hit,
but for certain weapons, light and ground look sweet!

Hrith
Sep 5, 2008, 12:56 PM
Ice, it's flexible and filling.

Ryock
Sep 5, 2008, 01:07 PM
I didn't vote, cause I like a lot of them. I like fire the most simply because fire has always been my favorite element of anything in any game. I like the flames and crap >.>. As for other ones I like, lightning and dark come as close seconds.

Xefi
Sep 5, 2008, 01:16 PM
my favorite is lightning or gold color even though
it's not the most appealing element due to lack
of ground enemies, it's still beautiful; this is for
melee weapons.

JAFO22000
Sep 5, 2008, 01:26 PM
Gives a bit of irony to my post.
I "hate winter" with a passion.

But enough off-topic from me.

YES!!! Thank you very much for posting this.

chaoskila
Sep 5, 2008, 01:31 PM
lighning. why you askk?
cuz 31+ zonde.

Ail
Sep 5, 2008, 02:31 PM
i voted dark. mostly for the look, but also for the virus status

right after it i put in this order:

light
ice
fire
lightning
ground

Ethateral
Sep 5, 2008, 02:38 PM
Ice, then dark for me. I voted for ice though. I love both. :P

AweOfShe
Sep 5, 2008, 02:44 PM
Dark and light. Those elements look really nice on every weapon (that gives you a choice :P).

In general, I'd probably just say every element but lightning and earth. :P

Juza
Sep 5, 2008, 02:47 PM
Dark, because purple is awesome. (That and the status effect adds very appreciable damage for my newman WT. :p)

A close second would be ground, because Lightning Beasts is an awesome mission.

Noblewine
Sep 5, 2008, 03:05 PM
Ice/Fire/Ground because they helps me most in any situation.

Freshellent
Sep 5, 2008, 03:09 PM
Ice, generally speaking. Always been my favorite element in every game I play. But, I find a lot of melee weapons look great in Dark.

Ryno
Sep 5, 2008, 03:11 PM
I love dark. Because it is the color pink/purple
but to me the color PINK n_n

ShikiMSHTS
Sep 5, 2008, 03:18 PM
Ice because it gives sweet poses.

And blue is my favorite color.

And IRL, I have massive cold tolerance. At least comparatively to other people~

I guess runner up would be dark cause purple is close to my next favorite color, and cause infection makes my AF actually moderately useful against bots.

Poncho_Jr
Sep 5, 2008, 03:30 PM
IF I could vote again. Lightning would be my second fav. Zondes. <3

And it's close between Ice and Dark. XD

seph_monkey
Sep 5, 2008, 04:02 PM
my favorite element would have to be light just cause i like the way things look in light or white color so yeah.

my second favorite would have to be lightning cause i love lightning spells and yellow glow looks pretty nice to me

my least favorite would have to be dark, i dont like the way most anything looks with it hahaha and im not too fond of dark colors

pikachief
Sep 5, 2008, 05:19 PM
in all games its always ice. the power to freeze is jsut too much :)

Kismet
Sep 5, 2008, 05:35 PM
I would say both Dark and Ground, since in most games those are always the strongest/most useful elements, but I voted for Dark since in PSU I own more Dark bullets/weapons (combined) than I do Ground.

Raven5_1
Sep 5, 2008, 06:36 PM
i seem to play a lot on moatoob and neudaiz and thus play with ground,dark, and lightning types add mag caves and i develeped a preference for melee weapons with lightning element.

plus the glow of the photon blades are more vivid.

Tetsaru
Sep 5, 2008, 08:40 PM
Ice for me. Freeze is pretty much THE most crippling status effect in the game, even if it doesn't always last very long. A lot of the older missions had fire-element enemies, so ice did well against them. Plus, blue's one of my favorite colors. :3

zxeros
Sep 5, 2008, 08:47 PM
Lighting and Dark because the colors so pretty O.O

GoldenFalcon
Sep 5, 2008, 09:12 PM
Honestly, why isn't neutral an option?

Gryffin
Sep 5, 2008, 09:13 PM
Anything except Fire & Ice... I chose Light because I like it the most. It's so shiny. xD

White Midnight
Sep 5, 2008, 09:51 PM
In this game, it would be Ice for looks, SE, and the fact a majority of the monsters I hate are Fire based.

Second favorite would be a tie betwene Lightning and Fire. Fire because lighting things on fire is fun, lightning because Im usually fond of Lightning/Wind to begin with.

In general, in other games, my favorites tend to be Fire and Wind/Lightning.

thunder-ray
Sep 5, 2008, 10:35 PM
Melee weps= ice, light and dark weps

Bullets arts = all of them

Techincs = all of them

Seority
Sep 6, 2008, 02:34 AM
All of them...?
;>>

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 6, 2008, 03:09 AM
Ground, because Orange is my favorite Color.

EMPYREAN
Sep 6, 2008, 03:11 AM
Fire

why?

i just love the feeling it gives me when i see thouse seed scums on fire by my bullets.
(and i like the colour red too xD)

Chibi_psu
Sep 6, 2008, 05:43 AM
Bullets dark hands down

autumn
Sep 6, 2008, 05:45 AM
My favorite in melee would have to be ice, light, or dark. Dependant on the weapon I have most of the time it looks good (I like blue, purple and white ^^;) And I like things best when my weapons look good on my character....
In ranged I really like fire and dark seeing as they produce the best SE. Not so keen on bolt or ground there, shock and silence don't do too much for me.
As a techer while I love the graphical end of ice, most of the megid series, and regrant I vote ground simply because I find it to be the most useful element in this game. Besides, who can hate on throwing around small planet looking things ;)

AlliThePally
Sep 6, 2008, 09:42 AM
Either Light or Ice I cant pick either one x)

SuperRygar
Sep 6, 2008, 11:32 AM
Light is pretty sweet. Its just too bad there arnt more Dark element monsters in all the levels. Dark monsters usually only show up on maps with all Dark monsters :/ but that's why we have lots of inventory space! I never leave home without at least 1 of each element

Kumlekar
Sep 6, 2008, 08:23 PM
Ice just rocks in this game, end of story.

Poncho_Jr
Sep 6, 2008, 09:25 PM
Honestly, why isn't neutral an option?

I was debating about whether Neutral should be an option, but I don't think it's really considered an element.

BigshowPat
Sep 6, 2008, 09:38 PM
I have to say Light without a shadow of a doubt.

It gives me the whole good guy/bad guy feeling. Kind of like Star Wars...Light Side and Dark Side.

Light just gives me a sense of having a "good" character. And I like how they look better than the other elements.

Light Agito Repca, FTW!!!!!!

acidOD
Sep 6, 2008, 10:39 PM
I like lemony looking weapons! :rolleyes:

Zekester
Sep 7, 2008, 11:15 AM
Screw Elements, you can't go wrong with Neutral!

Green FTW!!

But if I have to choose, Id say Light. Matches my Character more, and also Dark.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 7, 2008, 12:48 PM
Ground. Because of silence and stun, and because it's orange, and I'm a University of Tennessee student.

flamesphere
Sep 7, 2008, 01:11 PM
Heh, looks like my choice is fairly popular. I'll be going with ice, not for aesthetics or power though. I enjoy using ice photon arts due to my love of all things cold. If its something involving the frigid denizens of winter, I'll be sure to embrace it.

Hrith
Sep 7, 2008, 04:23 PM
Says "flamesphere" ;o

flamesphere
Sep 7, 2008, 04:33 PM
Says "flamesphere" ;o

Heh, maybe its to throw you off, hmm?

System-Id
Sep 7, 2008, 05:26 PM
:ice: Weps ftw :D
love blue koloarzzzzzzzzz

ZcRaider
Sep 8, 2008, 07:55 PM
I choose lighting.

For some reason, this element overbrights. Lighting is way brighter than any other element.

It kinda sticks out, even tho quite a few enemies are of this attribute.

I think its the most vibrant color.

[TLB]Konda
Sep 9, 2008, 06:19 AM
I'd have to say either fire or ice but I have a dendency to have a pallette with all elements on it xD

Syaoran_69
Sep 9, 2008, 06:47 AM
When I'm a fighter, depends on the weapon but usually it's light. Because of that whole "doing white beast is cool" epidemic in psu, it means that I get to hit enemies for less damage and therefore hit them more, and raising pa's is fun and everything.

When I'm a gunner, ice and light, light because soloing true darkness is fun, and ice because freezing things a lot is also fun.

As a techer, I would have to say fire, but that's mostly because I like to play with fire in real life. (Unfortunately, zonde is my favorite tech, it's just so pretty)

Screw Elements, you can't go wrong with Neutral!

Green FTW!!

But if I have to choose, Id say Light. Matches my Character more, and also Dark.

I forgot that I do that too... the matching part, which is funny because it relates to the first part of what he said.. Quantum pickle runs around with a neutral gekitsnata and a neutral kan yu. Because he's just that cool.

IcE_JutSu
Sep 9, 2008, 09:48 AM
Light duh... like watching goazorn fire balls go right through me

Mikura
Sep 9, 2008, 04:02 PM
Dark is definitely my favorite as far as appearance is concerned. Megid and Rammegid in particular just look evil and menacing. For usefulness and efficiency, probably fire and ice.

Garanz-Baranz
Sep 9, 2008, 04:32 PM
Hmm...

I perfer many attributes.

Lighting, Ice, and Fire are my tops though. Shock, Freeze and Burn are also good SE's. I like Neutral too, green glows look good on some weapons. I also refer to Neutral as the Novelty Attribute, Neutral Svaltus? Neutral Grand Cross? Novelty =3

I'll often use Ground attribute as a pseudo Fire attribute, seeing as my PS2 see's the orange glow as a deep red. Also it's "slash" graphic is much more vivid. o.o

I usually don't perfer Light attribute. Light's Slash Graphic is oddly Black, or a windshield Grey. Dark has never been a fancy of mine. I've discontinued use of my Yamata Misaki due to Dark Attribute.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 9, 2008, 08:03 PM
Light of course. I look best when light armor is on my white outfits. White to me is the best outfit color, and prefer no nothing else to go with my blonde pigtails.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 10, 2008, 08:18 AM
Toss up between dark and fire, the two SE's i couldn't live without as a gunner. All the other ones have their place and time, but they'll never get as much use out of me as those two

Shinko
Sep 10, 2008, 08:58 AM
I'll have to say ice for this game. i love freezing things.
But most of the time in other games or just period its Light and Dark

mvffin
Sep 11, 2008, 02:58 AM
Ground. The color just looks good on a lot of weapons, and I hate casting enemies, they need to be silenced.

Dark is nice color, pretty good status, but overrated because lol WB.

Ice is good color, nice SE, but doesn't play well with burn.

Light would be better if there were more Light technics. Not too bad on melee/guns.

Lightning, IMO, is ugly on any weapon. and SE doesn't seem to work well on the enemies you really need it on.

Fire is the most useful SE, but doesn't play well with ice. Fire weapons look ok, but i prefer the darker orange-red glow of a ground photon.

II_Tokio_II
Sep 11, 2008, 05:18 AM
I would say ice because when I started I had to fight De Ragan and most enemies were fire. Also my favorite color is blue.

Triple_S
Sep 11, 2008, 03:53 PM
Ice because freezing shit is awesome.

Otherwise, I'm not sure. I like them all when it comes to looks, although lightning isn't as good honestly.

Svaltus
Sep 11, 2008, 08:04 PM
LIghtning!

I Love Noszonde and gizonde !

Rei-San
Sep 12, 2008, 01:04 PM
Ice ftw without a doubt! :D

I made my main pure ice elemental, Ice weapons, Ice armor, and Ice techs with the WT class. Freezing the enemy helps out a bit. His Fuka-Misaki works wonders. :D And Freeze is one of the most annoying thing that I can get hit with, So I up my ice resistance (and I'm serching for that freeze resist ^^;). But this is a fun element to stick with. (Or maybe I'm looking at too much Tales of Rebirth and Destiny. ^^;)

BigBadDogIV
Sep 15, 2008, 09:20 AM
Wheres the neutral option ›.›

BigBadDogIV
Sep 15, 2008, 06:48 PM
ok there we go.

II_Tokio_II
Sep 15, 2008, 07:54 PM
I would have to say ICE again because I press A for WB. Also Ank Deddacs are favorite weapons because they don't have to be dark and don't forget the Ank Zagzacs totally owns when they're ice. Oh and I wish I had a sleep / resist for Mad Creatures, but I think I'm gonna sell diads because I don't what thats for (is somewhere in Moatoob). Yes I am indeed serious.

P.S. Actually my favorite weapon is 10% Yamata-misakis with the dolphin PA. I pwn. Oh and whats the Altzeragouhg

Delete
Sep 15, 2008, 08:19 PM
I also like ice for some reason... but dark is almost just as cool tbh.

Also, on my gunner, my ice bullets are all level 40 being shotgun,rifle, and twin handguns. GRenade ice is at 36 and laser is at..... ummm...17..... hey, i work okay.

burninglink5
Sep 15, 2008, 09:07 PM
Ice, because of how useful it was back during the pre-expansion parum days.

Barker 5227
Sep 20, 2008, 10:53 PM
By far Ice is the best element in the game. The Majority of monsters in the game are fire therefore ice instantly becomes one of the most useful. On top of there being many fire monsters, there are few ice monsters in missions where very good drops occur.

White beast is ruining this fourm cause all kids know anymore is buy anything dark therefore removing their experience with any REAL element.

Teching wise Ice and Dark are tied in my opinion. Megid is the physical fourm of god and ice is perfect for soloing because of charging monsters and damage of course.

Genoa
Sep 20, 2008, 11:42 PM
I've always like how melee weapons look in Dark (yes, before White Beast...)
All my characters are purple anyways :3 matches nicely.

With guns... probably burn... Burn does less DoT compared to Virus, but Burn's damage occurs more rapidly than Virus' damage. Thus, on a gun, if you can keep sticking burn effect... you WILL create more DoT.
However I still like Virus for those guys who can't be burned... =/
Shock's great too :D
D: I dunno... I think I'll stick with Burn for guns

Technics, Electric types for sure :D
EVERY electric tech in their final tiers impress me to no end.
When PSU was released... Zonde was PROBABLY the ... least used technic.
It also looks like utter yukness until it's finally 31+ :3 Zonde 31+ is my favorite tech by far xD yet I hate it most when below it

Razonde looks outstanding even at 21+ ;D love that pillar of zappiness :O

Gizonde always looked neat since the release of Gi-techs, kind of like an electric web... but at 31+... the way it's become more spherical vs. web-like :D it's like a barrier of whoopass :)

Noszonde was yukky and hard to use at start, but 31+, not only does it look stunning, but it's range is... well I don't know it's end. I was in some lab mission where there's a long hallway that connects like, 3 rooms, and I shot to the other side of wall. I had 2 other friends with me to watch me shoot it all the way down. Held until it could no longer go, and my friend said it's because I hit the wall :D

Cybuster
Sep 21, 2008, 02:57 AM
By far Ice is the best element in the game. The Majority of monsters in the game are fire therefore ice instantly becomes one of the most useful. On top of there being many fire monsters, there are few ice monsters in missions where very good drops occur.

White beast is ruining this fourm cause all kids know anymore is buy anything dark therefore removing their experience with any REAL element.

Teching wise Ice and Dark are tied in my opinion. Megid is the physical fourm of god and ice is perfect for soloing because of charging monsters and damage of course.

True. I think the most used element is dark only because people only do WB runs.

Genoa
Sep 21, 2008, 07:00 AM

True. I think the most used element is dark only because people only do WB runs.

So you like an element for the same reason people who run WB do. Enemy weakness, very good.
Good job on the stereotypical remarks on dark elements too. I bet you I have way more various elemental weapons than you do, despite having a tremendous dark weapon selection for the most part.

It's good when the hot spot effects the price of melee weapons in player shops. It makes it harder to be "ubber". You complain about the price because of WB, but wouldn't it be stupid as hell if Dark Weapons were cheap? Anyone who's collected a few mil here and there able to buy incredibly badass weapons to make WB even easier? THAT would help prove your point <_<

and Cybuster, I'd change your quote to something like...
"The most used element IS dark because most people run WB." not you THINK, because it's not about thinking... it is the most used. But it's not because people ONLY do WB runs, it's because MOST people do >_>
If you yourself do runs outside of WB, you do see people on other planets in other mission counters. No joke :o the universe selection screens shows there's people in other universes... PROBABLY doing something other than WB... <_>
But anyways... see you in WB, because you'll probably be there.

Cybuster
Sep 21, 2008, 08:08 AM
Sorry, but no, you´ll hardly see me in WB. When I play I usually to a universe where there is no people or to Universe 20 where some spanish people use to go. I prefer to have fun playing different missions everytime than playing the same over as over.

leonidas
Sep 21, 2008, 08:17 AM
I'm all about Light... the status effects are generally useless, and it's only here and there that the element is effective, but hot damn it looks sweet.

II_Tokio_II
Sep 22, 2008, 07:34 PM
So you like an element for the same reason people who run WB do. Enemy weakness, very good.
Good job on the stereotypical remarks on dark elements too. I bet you I have way more various elemental weapons than you do, despite having a tremendous dark weapon selection for the most part.

It's good when the hot spot effects the price of melee weapons in player shops. It makes it harder to be "ubber". You complain about the price because of WB, but wouldn't it be stupid as hell if Dark Weapons were cheap? Anyone who's collected a few mil here and there able to buy incredibly badass weapons to make WB even easier? THAT would help prove your point <_<

"The most used element IS dark because most people run WB." not you THINK, because it's not about thinking... it is the most used. But it's not because people ONLY do WB runs, it's because MOST people do >_>
If you yourself do runs outside of WB, you do see people on other planets in other mission counters. No joke :o the universe selection screens shows there's people in other universes... PROBABLY doing something other than WB... <_>

It's rather not stupid when something is uber cheap in the economy because it's the economy and it's all supply and demand. Also I highly doubt he has the same mind set as the WB replayers because he said the majority of the enemies in the game not just one run and to be even more to the point he doesn't because I would know because I pretty much run with him everytime we're on. There's nothing wrong being safe either when saying "I think" so he doesn't sound like an arrogant person. Not all people run WB. Like Cybuster, Barker, and me.

Barker 5227
Sep 22, 2008, 07:38 PM

The whole point of that was to say that ice is dominate even tho wb is the most runned mission.
Your honestly stupid if your going to say that to me. I can garentee i have more varied weapons than u anyway! can u say 175 sranks? I can, and hey, only about ummm 20 of them are dark

II_Tokio_II
Sep 22, 2008, 07:50 PM
WTF are you talking about nub??

The whole point of that was to say that ice is dominate even tho wb is the most runned mission.
Your honestly stupid if your going to say that to me. I can garentee i have more varied weapons than u anyway! can u say 175 sranks? I can, and hey, only about ummm 20 of them are dark
you should think before you speak u tard :D oh and yeah STFU

We'll talk about the S Ranks later loser lol :Dand yeah I really don't like people who jump to conclusions anywhere.