PDA

View Full Version : Religion and drinking

W0LB0T
Sep 5, 2008, 12:54 PM
religion: It makes you happy but it makes you fight. It makes you think your the only one how is right for no reason at all.

Drinking: It makes you happy but it makes you fight. It makes you think your the only one how is right for no reason at all...

Tact
Sep 5, 2008, 02:31 PM
I think the next logical step is to introduce alcoholic beverages into churches. This will create some funny video footage. :wacko:

Outrider
Sep 5, 2008, 03:03 PM
I think the next logical step is to introduce alcoholic beverages into churches. This will create some funny video footage. :wacko:

They, uh... they already do this? They give you a bit of wine at catholic mass.

Tact
Sep 5, 2008, 03:28 PM
Oh, no, Outrider. I mean beer, or other stuff that will get people flat-out drunk.

I can only imagine what would happen if a barfight broke out in a church. :wacko:

pikachief
Sep 5, 2008, 03:29 PM
religion: It makes you happy but it makes you fight. It makes you think your the only one how is right for no reason at all.

Drinking: It makes you happy but it makes you fight. It makes you think your the only one how is right for no reason at all...

Them's fightin words!

Weeaboolits
Sep 5, 2008, 03:33 PM
Oh, no, Outrider. I mean beer, or other stuff that will get people flat-out drunk.

I can only imagine what would happen if a barfight broke out in a church. :wacko:Wine has a higher alchohol content than beer.

Tact
Sep 5, 2008, 03:40 PM
Well, yeah, but I think beer is more associated with bars and drunkenness.

Maybe they could just spike the wine with extra alcohol. :wacko:

Thalui89
Sep 5, 2008, 04:19 PM
Not all people who get drunk become aggressive. I just get chatty and talk crap XD (even more so xD)

TalHex
Sep 5, 2008, 04:24 PM
Wine has a higher alchohol content than beer.

yeah but usually people drink wine to enjoy it, beer they are more likely to drink for the sake of getting drunk... (its about all you can do with an american beer anyways...)

Tact
Sep 5, 2008, 05:14 PM
Not all people who get drunk become aggressive. I just get chatty and talk crap XD (even more so xD)

That is true, but it only takes two to start a barfight. :wacko:

pikachief
Sep 5, 2008, 05:14 PM

thats probably what would happen with me lol

Weeaboolits
Sep 5, 2008, 08:59 PM
yeah but usually people drink wine to enjoy it, beer they are more likely to drink for the sake of getting drunk... (its about all you can do with an american beer anyways...)It's mainly because wine is considerably more expensive than beer.

Tact
Sep 5, 2008, 09:01 PM
Oh, that could be another good reason why beer is more associated with drunkenness. :wacko:

If anyone actually does take a video of a barfight in a church, I will almost die laughing.

Solstis
Sep 5, 2008, 09:09 PM
yeah but usually people drink wine to enjoy it, beer they are more likely to drink for the sake of getting drunk... (its about all you can do with an american beer anyways...)

If all you know of American Beer is Pabst and Bud, then, yeah.

TalHex
Sep 5, 2008, 09:55 PM
then again i don't like beer anyways so it doesn't matter to me

Sord
Sep 5, 2008, 09:57 PM
I don't do either, so lets use the latter to burn the former.

Solstis
Sep 5, 2008, 10:36 PM
Let's formalize the latter, literally and formulaically.

Moo2u
Sep 7, 2008, 01:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/Moo2u/Funny%20pics/dancedur.gif

Outrider
Sep 7, 2008, 02:03 PM
If all you know of American Beer is Pabst and Bud, then, yeah.

And the Currs Light.

Ugh.

Tact
Sep 7, 2008, 02:08 PM
I don't do either, so lets use the latter to burn the former.

That works for me. :wacko:

It would be funny to see them try to explain the existence of someone up there if every church suddenly collapsed. :wacko:

Sord
Sep 7, 2008, 02:48 PM
That works for me. :wacko:

It would be funny to see them try to explain the existence of someone up there if every church suddenly collapsed. :wacko:

oh, it's very easy to explain. "We aren't doing something right, obviously. God is punishing us, we should do more acts of good, helping people and such." But there's also the bad part "And this world has become to tolerant. We must save more people by bringing them to God (forcefully or just by being assholes.) Hate gays, down with abortion, ABSTINENCE BITCH yadda yadda"

Tact
Sep 7, 2008, 03:28 PM
I see a conflicting message in there. They tell us to be abstinent, and then they say that abortion is wrong. :wacko:

Outrider
Sep 8, 2008, 12:45 PM
I see a conflicting message in there. They tell us to be abstinent, and then they say that abortion is wrong. :wacko:

Abstinence says that you shouldn't do the mystery dance in the first place. So in theory, one should negate the other from happening, but they're not mutually exclusive.

But don't worry, there are plenty of contradictions in religious laws, doctrines and texts for you to enjoy should you want to look for them.