PDA

View Full Version : The Gm's Announcement

Crocky
Sep 5, 2008, 09:34 PM
There was a GM at the pavilion of air top(white beast mission area)
He said the carnival event will come to us in the next coming months and that we will receive the master classes before the next event meaning that we should be expecting the master classes within 1month and a half or so

Ethateral
Sep 5, 2008, 09:37 PM
Gib Master classes, nao? ; ; <3

Syl
Sep 5, 2008, 09:49 PM
Coming months doesn't confirm anything though... I just hope they mean a week or two after GBR is done and not a month later >.>

ChaosAngel92
Sep 5, 2008, 09:54 PM
Who bealive Gms these days?

RegulusHikari
Sep 5, 2008, 09:55 PM
So basically they're saying "DENGEKI IS COMING SOON KTHX"; to which I respond no shit, but when? At least this sort of debunks the Master Classes after Dengeki rumor people keep spitting at me.

pizzagirl
Sep 5, 2008, 10:11 PM
Coming months doesn't confirm anything though... I just hope they mean a week or two after GBR is done and not a month later >.>
I hope so too. But I get the feeling the GM was trying to confirm that it's gonna be a month+ after GBR in a way that wouldn't upset the people there. :P

Turb0
Sep 5, 2008, 10:46 PM
There was a GM at the pavilion of air top(white beast mission area)
He said the carnival event will come to us in the next coming months and that we will receive the master classes before the next event meaning that we should be expecting the master classes within 1month and a half or so

Just like MAG2 came within the next coming weeks of MAG1 right? They may as well pull a MS w/ the new dashboard update and announce a whole season. "Mission Carnival coming soon! Fall 2008!":p Although at least we know now that masterclasses are coming before it.

ike239
Sep 5, 2008, 10:51 PM
...honestly when a Gm says coming months im leaning towards carnival hitting us late November so i dont want to dishearten anyone but a couple of months toan unsure gm is like 3 months so im expected masterclasses early november hopefully....

Syl
Sep 5, 2008, 10:53 PM
Just like MAG2 came within the next coming weeks of MAG1 right? They may as well pull a MS w/ the new dashboard update and announce a whole season. "Mission Carnival coming soon! Fall 2008!":p Although at least we know now that masterclasses are coming before it.

Well, technically, it would be fall even if it was right after GBR lol.

Ethateral
Sep 5, 2008, 10:57 PM
I'd say October at the latest for anything HUEG. >.>

Noblewine
Sep 5, 2008, 10:58 PM
I can't wait for this event. I'm crossing my fingers the info the GM's gave out is accurate.

pikachief
Sep 5, 2008, 11:00 PM
im thinking when GBR ends we get our MAG rewards at the same time.

then 2 weeks later we get Remaining Blades and Clothier

and 2 weeks after that Master Classes

then 2-3 weeks after that Dengeki so im thinking November for dengeki

Ethateral
Sep 5, 2008, 11:03 PM
Basically, this tells me that I can blow off more time and level my spells to 40. :D <3 Then go Hulk-smash through Dengeki.

Turb0
Sep 5, 2008, 11:07 PM
Well, technically, it would be fall even if it was right after GBR lol.

Yeah but it'll also be fall until December 21st. I hope the event will come late October but we'll have to get MAG2 rewards, Remaining Blades, and Masterclasses before that so Sega might OD on new content. Sometime around mid-November is probably a pretty accurate guess imo.

HienkyakuX
Sep 5, 2008, 11:46 PM
He said the carnival event will come to us in the next coming months

and that we will receive the master classes before the next event

This only make me think that master classes is before winter event not carnival. Need the actual GM message to be sure there's nothing missing.

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 6, 2008, 12:40 AM
I don't belive nothing that is said until i see it on the japan site or that they say its "confirmed"

Kumlekar
Sep 6, 2008, 01:41 AM
I'd trade the event for masterclasses...

ForteGunnerW
Sep 6, 2008, 02:04 AM
and then when therer due to come SEGA announce oh there is a technical glitch we cant get the updates expected then we fall a year behind JP PSU :(

EMPYREAN
Sep 6, 2008, 03:13 AM
will FT get 40 support at the same time that masters r released?

Syl
Sep 6, 2008, 03:56 AM
They're supposed to, I think. Along with all the other techer classes getting their tech level updates.

Chris28
Sep 6, 2008, 05:30 AM
personally I don't mind that they aren't coming out for a little bit. After 3 weeks of MAG and what will be 4 weeks of GBR, we need about 2-3 weeks to let things even out a little bit.

LuigiMario
Sep 6, 2008, 08:38 AM
Carnival shall come around when Saints Row is released. Before or after that date. They have a thing for releaing events during big game releases like they did with 1up and Halo3 and MAG and GTAIV.

The are evil.

Releast Date: November

Ezodagrom
Sep 6, 2008, 08:55 AM
Basically this means we'll be 7 months behind JP after mission carnival...just great...(if it starts on late october/early november)

RegulusHikari
Sep 6, 2008, 10:35 AM
Basically this means we'll be 7 months behind JP after mission carnival...just great...(if it starts on late october/early november)

We aren't ever going to catch up. Or even pick up speed. It's just that simple. If you accept that now then news like this won't ever crush your expectations.

JC10001
Sep 6, 2008, 10:45 AM
From thread on the official forums:

Sept 26th Mag 2 Rewards / End of GBR

October 3rd Remaining Blades

October 17th Master Classes

October 31st Lightning Carnival.

Neith
Sep 6, 2008, 12:14 PM
We aren't ever going to catch up. Or even pick up speed. It's just that simple. If you accept that now then news like this won't ever crush your expectations.

No, but we will continue to get further and further behind. Lightning Carnival in "the coming months" isn't very promising, and if the so-called update schedule I've seen posted in a few places is true, then we'll be getting tiny amounts of content through a drip-feed over the next few months.

Hell, a lot of people are bored of GBR already (why it's been decided to run this long is beyond me), and it's likely we're not seeing anything new at all until October (MAG rewards are not enough to be considered an update.). The population is low enough as it is without ST slowing the flow of content even more.

I'm looking forward to Master Classes and Lightning Carnival, but the MAG extension shouldn't have been at the expense of updates, considering how long it took for ST to even implement it. We should've had updates running while the extension was on, rather than using it as an excuse (same as Neudaiz GBR) to delay content for more weeks. Adding content doesn't stop being running GBR, it merely gives them more to do.

Kylie
Sep 6, 2008, 01:20 PM
Coming months? :nono: I was hoping a week or two after Neudaiz GBR, but I guess that was expecting too much from them. I don't care for master classes at all, so I hope we also get Parum GRM and those new S2 missions. Not that I completely believe this. :wacko: Oh, and they better give us The Clothier before the event. >_>

NDW
Sep 6, 2008, 01:55 PM

Source please?

I don't belive nothing anything that is said until i see it on the japan site or that they say its "confirmed"

Corrected for being a double negative! :o

Turb0
Sep 6, 2008, 04:25 PM

Yeah, where's your source? I just checked both Chill's and Ruby's recent posts from the past week or so and didn't see anything like that.

System-Id
Sep 6, 2008, 04:34 PM
Lies....

buzyb77
Sep 6, 2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah, where's your source? I just checked both Chill's and Ruby's recent posts from the past week or so and didn't see anything like that.

they did not say those dates it was said in by a guy that said he talked to a gm

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=86840

they got it from there

Yuicihi
Sep 6, 2008, 05:08 PM
Haha, a GM confirming something.

gryphonvii
Sep 6, 2008, 05:32 PM
either way, I'm gonna take a break and come back in a month

Csero
Sep 6, 2008, 06:08 PM
Back when they did it at Habario Village, I had a friend go and see what was going on. I was in Private Chat with him. Apparently it was said that MAG rewards were coming on Sept 26, and that the Lightning Carnival would be "sometime in October." If MAG is any hint, Oct. 31 isn't a bad guess. However I swore it was said that Master Classes would not come until after the Lighting Carnival. But I could be misremembering.

BigshowPat
Sep 6, 2008, 06:18 PM
I would like to see Master Classes before the Event but don't know whether that will happen. However, I look forward to ANY update that we get since they are so few and far inbetween.

Ethateral
Sep 6, 2008, 06:18 PM
Back when they did it at Habario Village, I had a friend go and see what was going on. I was in Private Chat with him. Apparently it was said that MAG rewards were coming on Sept 26, and that the Lightning Carnival would be "sometime in October." If MAG is any hint, Oct. 31 isn't a bad guess. However I swore it was said that Master Classes would not come until after the Lighting Carnival. But I could be misremembering.
Originally, Master classes were released AFTER Degeki, but for to US/EU servers, we're getting them BEFORE then next event.

Yusaku_Kudou
Sep 6, 2008, 06:55 PM
I'll take Parum GBR over Mission Carnivary any day.

Indica
Sep 6, 2008, 07:13 PM
I dunno if GM's can be trusted now especially after I seen a horrible trade go down over a 50% Lightning Double Agito

Kumlekar
Sep 6, 2008, 08:24 PM
I'll take Parum GBR over Mission Carnivary any day.

Seconded.

EMPYREAN
Sep 7, 2008, 03:50 AM
heh, allways amusing when ppl r crying aboute the lack off new content or when we get new content.
if u have been here since release or around that time u know we will never catch upp to japan.

but i admitt that the new content release in AOI is fucked upp. pre AOi we had new content every 3 weeks exept hollydays, now in AOI we can go months whit no content then suddenly ther is something new every week.

Ezodagrom
Sep 7, 2008, 04:48 AM
I wouldn't mind if we were around 2 or 3 months behind JP, but since April until now the delay went from 4 months to 6 months, and if we get mission carnival 1 month after the GBR ends (end of october/early november), that delay will increase even more...7 months...

LuigiMario
Sep 7, 2008, 08:41 AM
personally I don't mind that they aren't coming out for a little bit. After 3 weeks of MAG and what will be 4 weeks of GBR, we need about 2-3 weeks to let things even out a little bit.

Whayt do you think 2 months of no updates was for?

Chibi_psu
Sep 7, 2008, 08:44 AM
I think some people around here must play other games or do something else because i cant believe some of you say we dont need any update after gbr is done for 2 or 3 weeks.We have a huge delay with the updates and you dont even care? God...

buzyb77
Sep 7, 2008, 03:47 PM
heh, allways amusing when ppl r crying aboute the lack off new content or when we get new content.
if u have been here since release or around that time u know we will never catch upp to japan.

but i admitt that the new content release in AOI is fucked upp. pre AOi we had new content every 3 weeks exept hollydays, now in AOI we can go months whit no content then suddenly ther is something new every week.

yeah we are being Punished becasue of the Europe PS2/PC release of AOI because Xbox 360 is not to blame as it was a worldwide release same day.... Also JP Devs that do the uploading have gotten LAZY 90% of the time is JP only Servers have Major event on them we get nothing add to that the SoA of Sega EU(if there is one) are having big trouble getting Sponser ( think 1up cup and the fact that the people who's names were in it really did not even know they were having it...they never Annnounced it on the 1up site)

Also on a Side note Can't wait till I SPORE come in the mail....

pizzagirl
Sep 7, 2008, 04:21 PM

It's not even about catching up to jp anymore. If we could just go back to an update every 2 to 3 weeks that would be a step up. I don't see why even little things can't be released during GBR. Or even MAG2, which wasn't supposed to interfere with content but did anyway.

I think some people around here must play other games or do something else because i cant believe some of you say we dont need any update after gbr is done for 2 or 3 weeks.We have a huge delay with the updates and you dont even care? God...
I agree. Saying we don't need an update 2 or 3 weeks after gbr is a little shocking. That's coming from someone who does other things :P. Though on the other hand, when you realize that the way this stuff is handled isn't going to get any better you tend to waste less time worrying about it. You just start doing other stuff. At least that is how it worked for me >.>. I just got 65'd for the third time yesterday. I can't believe that still isn't fixed. :lol: Normally I'd be pretty upset but this is just how it goes I guess...

buzyb77
Sep 7, 2008, 05:24 PM
Ahh had a long post that got deleted as as result of the time out on the Message AHHH..

Anyway I summ it all up Don't want too
but in essence There are tooooooooooooo many AAA games comming out starting in OCt for Sega to Delay the Point baised Missions

3nascar3fan3
Sep 7, 2008, 11:56 PM

wait so its now called the mission carnival because i remember that during one of those events at the gardians branches with the gm's during mag1 they were calling it the SUMMER carnival XD

unicorn
Sep 8, 2008, 12:03 AM
its because we didn't purify Parum or Moatoob.

pizzagirl
Sep 8, 2008, 12:08 AM
XD Probably.

pikachief
Sep 8, 2008, 12:12 AM
XD Probably.

yea if u go to nudaiz people still havent left :(

btw your sig lacks pizza :wacko: jk and what are they all looking at? :o

pizzagirl
Sep 8, 2008, 03:07 AM
They're looking at a dance they're going to perform on w/e that little device is, thinking that it looks a bit tough. My sig will probably always lack pizza. DX

shadowsniper6
Sep 8, 2008, 04:34 AM
So there is no "Exact" date for which the "Event" will be coming out? it will be just "soon"? ..Possibly..