PDA

View Full Version : xbox thinks its so great...

Buuyon
Jan 31, 2003, 09:48 AM
I don't get is...xblock thinks its better then the rest because it comes with a modem...yea a modem that cost 50 bucks to use!!! atleast with ps2 you pay 40 bucks and get a free game and weith gamecube you only pay 30 bucks...so really is xbox all that good cuz oh wow you get a modem...

Nawms
Jan 31, 2003, 10:01 AM
I have all 3 systems. (Ya for me) While Xbox is faster, does have better graphics, which is not just an opinion: it has a better graphics card, and it has a dial-up modem and broadband built right into it, oh and it has over 50000 blocks of storage space,
Playstation 2, is the weakest out of all three. To me it has the best games though.

Buuyon
Jan 31, 2003, 10:03 AM
ummm half the time i find that xbox does really bad with there grapsics and the is no dail up modem

micah1500
Jan 31, 2003, 10:45 AM
ps2 sux when it come 2 online gaming code boy be cheating on thps4 u sux if u cheat on thps4 x-box live is better then ps2 online and gameing on gamecub is going to sux bad we all know pso is going to the the only online game on game cub 4 months x-box is better then ps2 online the x-box game tag and more ps2 is geting no pso i want to know is pso pay to play on x-box and game cub

Nidarrock
Jan 31, 2003, 10:50 AM
While I don't care about which system is better Xbox Live does come with 2 free games. While I think they may be only demos (not interested in them) I feel Twisted Metal Black Online is only a demo. If you want to quote numbers on prices then going online with Xbox may be more expensive, yes. Or is it?

Xbox:
Xbox - $200
Xbox Live - $50
Xbox Live games - $50
Total $300 (rounded and before tax)

PS2:
PS2 - $200
Modem - $40
Online games - $50 (SOCOM would be more)
total - $290 (rounded and before tax)

extra options:
Keyboard: $20
Harddrive - $150 (I might be off here and someone please correct me)
total - $460 (rounded and before tax)

GC:
GC - $150
Modem(broadband) $40
Online game - $50
total - $240 (rounded and before tax)

Ok my "I own all systems" fanboy urges have passed. As for Microsoft feeling Xbox is better than the rest...Ignore them. Play your favorite system and ignore those which you do not like. OR play on all three or four or five systems.

Yurika
Jan 31, 2003, 01:19 PM
I HATE people who sit around and troll about how XXX console has a better graphics card than YYY console. When I play a game, I'm not crapping my pants with glee if there's 65535 colors or textures or whatever instead of 65534 of them. Out of all three next gen consoles, the GC and Xbox are so similar in terms of graphics due to programmers making games that use the hardware that it's not noticible. I mean, REALLY. The PS2 is fairly weak on some stuff, but it's an rpg console. Who gives a rot? For example, Halo is a fun game. Metroid prime is also a fun game. I like to play each because they are fun. When I go to the store to purchase a game, I don't stare at it and try to figure out which one is using the best graphics, I try to figure out which one I would have fun with. Shenmue is a very pretty looking game for the DC. Did I have fun with that game? No. (unless you count the endless hours I spent playing hang-on...) When I got Shenmue, it was because everyone I know said it was so pretty that I had to get it. No one ever said it was fun. And it isn't, IMO.

When I purchased a GC as my first next-gen system, I didn't hold the box next to a xbox or a PS2 and compared how many pixels of shit could float on my screen at the same time, or how many dinners the console would cook for me at night, I looked at what games I wanted to play because they are fun.

When I got a sega CD and 32X at launch, it wasn't because I wanted superb grahics or something, it was because sega games were fun for me. I never got an SNES because everyone said it was graphically superior to the sega, but they never said anything about it being fun. To this day, I've never played anything fun on the SNES that wasn't ported on the sega or had a different, better game on sega. Same with the 8-bit nintendo and the master system. Master system beats the nintendo any day in fun factor. So if the only reason you have for owning a system is because you think it's superior because the hardware is supposed to be better, you need to ask yourself if you're actually having fun playing it, or having fun trying to brag about how much "better" your system is.

Tryce
Jan 31, 2003, 01:25 PM
Well at 200 bucks you can now get xbox and 2 games, JSRF and Sega GT I think? or 150 for just the X-box. Technically, X-box does have better graphics, I can see the difference, but gamewise I don't think they can compare with nintendo (quality vs sony's quantity) If X-box were to come out with some really great games, it be great.

Bloodberry
Jan 31, 2003, 01:37 PM
This debate went from interesting to annoying months ago when it never got resolved and you had xbox, gc, or ps2 fanboys running everywhere trying to sabotage each other. If I find one more reader review involving "this game sucks, here's what the other system is good"...

Nidarrock
Jan 31, 2003, 01:39 PM
That's true Tryce, I forgot about the two games.

Yurika you have a Sega CD and 32X?! I got both of those at launch too. I still pop in Ecco, Sonic CD, Final Fight, Black Hole Assult and Earthworm Jim: SE(you haven't experienced EWJ until you played this or seen the cartoon). My 32X gets used for Space Harrier and Star Wars.
Your thoughts about the systems are right on though. Graphics are not everything. I think some of the "new" gamers need to take a vacation to 8/16-bit heaven. That, in my opinion, was a golden age of gaming. Where gameplay ruled and graphics were second fiddle. Damn I still play Mega Man 2 and 3 as well as Sonic CD.

Ghaleon
Jan 31, 2003, 01:40 PM
DC came with a modem too so xbox is still a bunch oh dumbasses

Nawms
Jan 31, 2003, 01:57 PM
On 2003-01-31 10:19, Yurika wrote:
I HATE people who sit around and troll about how XXX console has a better graphics card than YYY console.

Thanx. Geez. Hates a pretty strong word though. I was just stating facts.
And, my bad, Xbox doesnt have a dial-up modem built in. And if games have bad graphics, the developers screwed up, not the system. Xbox has the ability to have the best graphics.

Dangerous55
Jan 31, 2003, 03:13 PM
On 2003-01-31 06:48, Buuyon wrote:
I don't get is...xblock thinks its better then the rest because it comes with a modem...yea a modem that cost 50 bucks to use!!! atleast with ps2 you pay 40 bucks and get a free game and weith gamecube you only pay 30 bucks...so really is xbox all that good cuz oh wow you get a modem...

I know, almost everyday my X-Box tells me its better then my PS2.

haterade
Jan 31, 2003, 03:22 PM
On 2003-01-31 10:19, Yurika wrote:
I like to play each because they are fun. When I go to the store to purchase a game, I don't stare at it and try to figure out which one is using the best graphics, I try to figure out which one I would have fun with.

So if the only reason you have for owning a system is because you think it's superior because the hardware is supposed to be better, you need to ask yourself if you're actually having fun playing it, or having fun trying to brag about how much "better" your system is.

Everybody, do you see these two quotes? Do you? Read them, understand them, and shut the fuck up.

Celestial
Jan 31, 2003, 03:22 PM
and it has a dial-up modem and broadband built right into it,

NOPE just Broadband... it doesnt like all you dial up users...

Nidarrock
Jan 31, 2003, 04:08 PM
On 2003-01-31 12:22, haterade wrote:

Everybody, do you see these two quotes? Do you? Read them, understand them, and shut the fuck up.

You crack me up when you say things like that in these threads, but you and Yurika are dead on accurate. Now as per your orders I shall shut up on this topic. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yurika
Jan 31, 2003, 04:52 PM
;_; My sega CD died a death similar to early PSXes. I've got a model 2 sega CD, and the sled on it is all disaligned. Won't read any games right anymore. I suppose I could fix it if I stared at it long enough and tried to draw correlations to how those early PSXes died, but I'm scared I'll break it even more.

A friend picked up a model 1 sega CD before winter break and we played a whole ton of my old favorites. Snatcher, silpheed, final fight CD... ahhh. *cries*

Ness
Jan 31, 2003, 06:08 PM
Yahoo!! Another gay fanboy topic. I don't see why people hate the other systems so much. You have your Xbox/Gamecube/PS2 so shut the fuck and be happy! There is no need to diss the other systems or people that like the others systems.

@Buuyen

Xbox live may be $50, but that's for a whole year. With GC and PS@, you have to buy the modem, the game, and pay for the monthly online service. So in the end, Xbox live has is the best plan (in my opinion).

Abaddon
Jan 31, 2003, 08:30 PM
Also bear in mind that most of the fanboys here had their consoles given to them by their parents for xmas or bday or jsut 'plain being sweet'. Be happy with what you have, damnit >_<.

Buuyon, if you dont like the Xbox, thats fine: DONT GET IT THEN.

*shuffles paper*

SorceressofTime
Feb 1, 2003, 09:04 AM
*skips all the other looong posts* i don't care about either PS2, GC, XBox being greater than another.

they are games on all of them that i'd want to play but unfortunetely i've only got a PS2, so i'm basically happy with that. (not like i'm gonna spend MY $$ on game consoles when i can spend it on something else). ><

Ness
Feb 1, 2003, 09:30 AM
On 2003-01-31 17:30, Abaddon wrote:

if you dont like the Xbox, thats fine: DONT GET IT THEN.

Why can't fanboys realize this?

Sedyne
Feb 1, 2003, 11:10 AM
On 2003-01-31 06:48, Buuyon wrote:

You just recieved the award for stupidest argument of the day.

Chibi-Chao
Feb 1, 2003, 11:22 AM
On 2003-02-01 06:30, Ness wrote:

Probably almost no one ever tells them that, people just yell at them.

Kent
Feb 1, 2003, 11:53 AM
On 2003-02-01 06:30, Ness wrote:

Severe lack of mental capacity, most likely.

It's a shame, really. People could be spending their time getting good at a game, getting the skill required to kick anyone's ass (like me in JK2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif), but instead waste their time ranting about how bad they think another system is. That's just pitiful.

Tryce
Feb 1, 2003, 12:49 PM
I think they do it for their self-esteem. To assure themselves they didn't buy the wrong system and completely waste their money. I don't think it is their mental capacity, they just can't bear to think their money wasn't spent on thw wrong thing. My heart goes out to all the bumbs and bumbetts in the world.

WraithAkaMrak
Feb 1, 2003, 12:59 PM
Everybody loves fanboys, eh?

I personally like Xbox, as a system, better, but all three consoles are good. I mean, people say that PS2 graphics suck. But some developers are still pulling off amazing graphics on the system. I look at the screenshots of Driver 3 for PS2, or Xenosaga, or Zone of the Enders 2, and it looks great. Makes me wish I had a PS2. (Though as a bunch of people already said and I don't need to restate, "graphics aren't everything.") And I also like my Cube.

Ness
Feb 1, 2003, 05:35 PM
On 2003-02-01 09:49, Tryce wrote:
I think they do it for their self-esteem. To assure themselves they didn't buy the wrong system and completely waste their money. I don't think it is their mental capacity, they just can't bear to think their money wasn't spent on thw wrong thing. My heart goes out to all the bumbs and bumbetts in the world.

All the bumb and bumbetts ( A.K.A. fanboys.girls) Nedd to get laid, shot, a job, and/or a life.

Sune_Walsh
Feb 2, 2003, 12:12 AM
To paraphrase Posty:

These kinds of people are not gamers. They are just consumers that are trying to have fun with an electronic plaything. they discovered games with the release of the playstation and have no good idea of what a good game is.

I really do dislike these kinds of arguments. It's just like the Ford/Chevy/Dodge or PC/Mac Shenanigans. I'm getting a Toyota with a Powerbook. I wish you all well with your Dell Chevy setups. Why can't more people say things like that?

Maybe keeping games away from younger gamers IS a good idea. (No offense to the youth out there who actually have some common sense.)

Now, if you just want an off-the-cuff opinion of the Xbox, well, I think it has a lot of thoughtfull and neato features. It has a few games that I like, like PSO coming soon, Shenmue II , Sega GT , and MechAssault looks nice. They get an ultra super cool mega fun title that really speaks to those of us, as , i said, have some common sense, and they'll have it made in the shade, i think. But that's just my opinions, it probibly dosen't matter to anyone else either way.

I'm rambling again....

Ness
Feb 2, 2003, 08:21 AM
On 2003-02-01 21:12, Sune_Walsh wrote:
Now, if you just want an off-the-cuff opinion of the Xbox, well, I think it has a lot of thoughtfull and neato features. It has a few games that I like, like PSO coming soon, Shenmue II , Sega GT , and MechAssault looks nice. They get an ultra super cool mega fun title that really speaks to those of us, as , i said, have some common sense, and they'll have it made in the shade, i think. But that's just my opinions, it probibly dosen't matter to anyone else either way.

That's not off-the-cuff. Alot of people here like Xbox.

Nawms
Feb 3, 2003, 05:52 PM
On 2003-01-31 12:22, Celestial wrote:

NOPE just Broadband... it doesnt like all you dial up users...

No, really. Like I restated in one of my posts!
some people cant wait to point out mistakes.

I like all my systems fairly equally (thanks to that EGM issue where it told you how big of a fanboy you are.)

People who say blank system is better than blank system are usually the ones who dont have every system so they want to make the one, or two they do have, sound the best.

Foggy_Pete
Feb 3, 2003, 06:41 PM
gotta love xbox man http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif DOA vollyball is the stuffs

Ness
Feb 3, 2003, 08:02 PM
On 2003-02-03 15:41, Foggy_Pete wrote:
gotta love xbox man http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif DOA vollyball is the stuffs

Don't forget Morrowind, Blood Rayne, and Mech Assault.

X-thirteen
Feb 3, 2003, 10:07 PM
On 2003-01-31 10:40, Ghaleon wrote:

what is that suppose to mean??

Ness
Feb 4, 2003, 07:04 AM
On 2003-02-03 19:07, X-thirteen wrote:

On 2003-01-31 10:40, Ghaleon wrote:

what is that suppose to mean??

Yeah I agree with X, that didn't EVEN make sense.

Gartywood
Feb 4, 2003, 10:02 AM
here is why fanboys make their arguments. They want more of their systems and favorite titles to sell so that there will be continued support for said systems and sequels to said titles. I must admit to being a Dreamcast fanboy. In the days of dreamcast v. ps2 i was at the height of argumentation noting that while the ps2 played dvd's the playback sucked and that the DC had superior graphics to the PS2 and that it was easier to program for. And the reason that i argued so hard was that the dreamcast had a lot of really great games and i wanted to see it maintain support. honestly i have more DC games that gamecube and ps2 combined. Well that is why fanoys are the way they are

BlackRose
Feb 4, 2003, 10:35 AM
Seems we've come full circle here.

One post that came off a little fanboy-ish, and then 30 "fanboys are lame" posts. I think the point could have gotten across with one post, and certainly when Abaddon posted. But no, it goes on... and on... and on...

The whole I-hate-fanboys thing is getting almost as annoying as fanboys were in the first place. *rolls eyes*

KodiaX987
Feb 4, 2003, 11:43 AM
Let's all screw this topic to hell by singing some kind of love song... Like, you know, the one that went:

Ohhh, my GOD! I woke up with a fanboy. Ohhh, my GOD! And I think he will beat me up. Ohhh, my GOD! Ohhh, my GOD! Ohhh, my GOD! It's one of those gamer hangovers...

Who the hell sang that song again?! o.O;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2003-02-04 08:45 ]</font>

Ness
Feb 4, 2003, 06:53 PM
On 2003-02-04 07:02, Gartywood wrote:
here is why fanboys make their arguments. They want more of their systems and favorite titles to sell so that there will be continued support for said systems and sequels to said titles. I must admit to being a Dreamcast fanboy. In the days of dreamcast v. ps2 i was at the height of argumentation noting that while the ps2 played dvd's the playback sucked and that the DC had superior graphics to the PS2 and that it was easier to program for. And the reason that i argued so hard was that the dreamcast had a lot of really great games and i wanted to see it maintain support. honestly i have more DC games that gamecube and ps2 combined. Well that is why fanoys are the way they are

You say that as if it is a just reason for them to continue as they are. There are severals ways to promote your consoles without making up good stuff about it and by making up bad stuff about the opposing consoles.