PDA

View Full Version : idea for a psu mission/event?

Squeezit
Sep 6, 2008, 10:41 PM
just a thought but...what if we made a contest, an unending dungeon.
there are games that have done it (such as devil may cry and stuff) ironically though i got the idea from .hack lmao (idk if .hack has a mission like this, i just thought about it while watching the anime, sadly though there was an end to the dungeon they were in that i was watching xD silly haseo)

anyways, why not make an unending dungeon, limit the party to be solo, or just 2 or 3 people in the party.
no npc's (unless you solo then allow atleast a PM)

basically the ranking system would go as thus, who can get to the furthest B level?

B-1 starting out weak, B-50 being strong.
make there be no end to the mission, and no exiting the mission once started unless you plan on quitting the mission.
that way all your monomates, dimates, trimates will eventually have to be used up, your photon charges too would end up being used up (assuming you use them a lot)
your scapedolls too would even be used up, though i'd personally prefer a mission that only allows you 2-3 scapedolls or even 0.

yes, this mission would be biased towards the people that are level capped however in my own personal opinion, too many people are level capped anyways.
the lower leveled people could have fun with it too though, in my opinion.
I would enjoy this mission purely for the difficulty, and i'd enjoy a ranking system too.
i'd prefer it be a solo mission, however i know that wouldnt be the type of mission to appeal to Sega Team.

I'm aware Sega of America can't make a mission like this, but if they popped the idea in SoJ's head welll its a slim chance but they might go for it.

but i've been wondering how PSU could be interesting again, and this was the conclusion i came to.
this and the conclusion kyta came too, but this would make me want to reactivate my account in a heartbeat.
i love PSU, but its just...boring lately :(
i didnt even play MAG really since it was so boring haha ^^;;;

well i hope this is a thought, i hope other's agree with me ^^;;

----------------

mind you, im sure there are other ideas you can add on to this, so feel free if you like

Tetsaru
Sep 7, 2008, 12:39 AM
I have several ideas:

1. Have a high-difficulty mission for the hardcore players with ALL the dragon bosses at the end simultaneously. Seeing how they all die so easily, even on S2 difficulties, having all of them at once would make a fun fight, imo. It'd be similar to that one dragon fight on PSO in the spaceship level (Gol Dragon, i think was the name...?) where he would clone himself after a while. Throw in some exclusive boss box drops, and you'd have something to keep a lot of people busy. :3

2. A synth material farming mission, probably in Moatoob's mines or somewhere similar, where you could hunt for Catilium, Goldania, Walnas, Lithnia, and all the other rare items we never seem to have enough of lately.

3. A PSO-style challenge mode mission, where you start out at Lv. 1 with basic equipment and go as far as you can within a time limit, and earn certain items depending on how far you get.

4. A quest where you could create your own weapon. I believe PSO had something like this online, where you could give it your own name. You could choose what kind of weapon, the element (if melee), a stat preference (high ATP/TP, ATA, or PP, etc.), a selection of designs to use, and then finally naming it what you want.

I like the idea of an infinite, endurance-style mission, though. :3

Squeezit
Sep 7, 2008, 12:49 AM
I have several ideas:

1. Have a high-difficulty mission for the hardcore players with ALL the dragon bosses at the end simultaneously. Seeing how they all die so easily, even on S2 difficulties, having all of them at once would make a fun fight, imo. It'd be similar to that one dragon fight on PSO in the spaceship level (Gol Dragon, i think was the name...?) where he would clone himself after a while. Throw in some exclusive boss box drops, and you'd have something to keep a lot of people busy. :3

2. A synth material farming mission, probably in Moatoob's mines or somewhere similar, where you could hunt for Catilium, Goldania, Walnas, Lithnia, and all the other rare items we never seem to have enough of lately.

3. A PSO-style challenge mode mission, where you start out at Lv. 1 with basic equipment and go as far as you can within a time limit, and earn certain items depending on how far you get.

4. A quest where you could create your own weapon. I believe PSO had something like this online, where you could give it your own name. You could choose what kind of weapon, the element (if melee), a stat preference (high ATP/TP, ATA, or PP, etc.), a selection of designs to use, and then finally naming it what you want.

I like the idea of an infinite, endurance-style mission, though. :3

not only endurance, but the enemies continually get stronger the further you go.
it would be a good way to level up too.

i really like your 1st idea though, only, i wonder if it would be possiblet to fight multiple bosses with as many lag problems as we already have.

I'd imagine it could with the older bosses, So with the dragons i suppose it would be possible.

and your 4th idea, idk if that's possible for psu either, but it would be nice if i could have dual scythes :P or something like that.

I posted this same thread on PSU official forums btw, so grant a favor and support over there too! ^^;

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=1015864#1015864

darkante
Sep 7, 2008, 01:36 AM
not only endurance, but the enemies continually get stronger the further you go.
it would be a good way to level up too.

i really like your 1st idea though, only, i wonder if it would be possiblet to fight multiple bosses with as many lag problems as we already have.

I'd imagine it could with the older bosses, So with the dragons i suppose it would be possible.

and your 4th idea, idk if that's possible for psu either, but it would be nice if i could have dual scythes :P or something like that.

I posted this same thread on PSU official forums btw, so grant a favor and support over there too! ^^;

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=1015864#1015864

EXp in that idea? I dunno really, i feel that people will take it as a White Beast replacement in that case , but maybe it can work.

Adora
Sep 7, 2008, 01:52 AM
Sounds wicked! Bring it on! Good times... :D

Squeezit
Sep 7, 2008, 02:03 AM
haha well my hopes is that the idea is good enough that it'll make someone of some importance think and send the idea to SoJ. Well, i dont think SoJ really would care too much about our ideas but they might like it themselves. Not to pretend that i came up with the best idea, but thats the best i could think of to be interested enough in the game to reactivate my account ^^;;

actually i would really enjoy a mission like that.
and @Darkante
well the first several blocks would probably be long with C rank enemies, so you'd still end up leveling faster in a mission like white-beast. a mission like this would be specifically weak - strong.

See i dont think this mission should differentiate between c rank and s2 rank missions.
i think it should start off weak, even my weak characters it would be fun to see just how far they could get in the game.
but for the ranking system (and for fun out of pure boredom) i would use Squeezit whom is obviously my strongest and most worked on character.

-------

just added the poll :P

Squeezit
Sep 7, 2008, 02:56 AM
oh i should add, i think that the monsters should either drop nothing, or atleast make sure they dont drop scapedolls and mates at all

Noblewine
Sep 7, 2008, 04:57 AM
Sounds like fun, it probably be a good distraction.

Squeezit
Sep 7, 2008, 05:43 AM
Sounds like fun, it probably be a good distraction.

if nothing else :)

Csero
Sep 7, 2008, 08:35 AM
Most of the idea's here sound splendid.

You know what they say though, wish in one hand...

Squeezit
Sep 7, 2008, 10:41 AM
Most of the idea's here sound splendid.

You know what they say though, wish in one hand...

hahaha, im afraid you've lost me already ^^;;

Pockysan
Sep 8, 2008, 01:00 AM
Pocky is here =O

Pockysan
Sep 8, 2008, 01:16 AM
:O -keeps thread alive-

Squeezit
Sep 12, 2008, 12:02 AM
aaanyone else?

c'mon my idea cant be that bad <.<

Dragwind
Sep 12, 2008, 02:27 AM
I think something similar to Endless Nightmare missions from PSO would be cool. Just throw a time-limit on, and hordes of weak enemies that get progressively get stronger. That would be fun.

Squeezit
Sep 12, 2008, 05:16 AM
hmm, idk about a time limit. maybe but i'd prefer none whatsoever, just keep going with no healing items as far as you can.

but that would be fun too!

Squeezit
Sep 17, 2008, 03:19 PM
well atleast most people agree with me, although thats not nearly enough :(

9lotus
Sep 17, 2008, 03:30 PM
I think a 3v3 "Race" mission would be pretty fun. You would have two teams of three players, racing to complete a mission side-by-side. Whichever team clears their side first, getting the faster mission time, gets the Rank S rewards, while the losing team receives A and below.

kyanrato
Sep 17, 2008, 03:52 PM
The idea about an unending dungeon sounds okay. There should be a reward that can be obtained in the end though.

I do have a mission in mind though. Maybe have a "war" type mission, where an unlimited amount of players can fight against a HUGE force of enemies. No healing or scape items can be used, so if you're defeated, you get warped back to the Colony.

But the problem would be a huge amount of lag...

Alastor_Haven
Sep 17, 2008, 04:26 PM
That actually sounds

Great

haha

Yoshimatsue
Sep 17, 2008, 07:42 PM
I have an idea

1.Kind of like a flashback mission ,going though a remade versions of the jungle, the vr area and the bosses. It would be awesome to fighet a psu version of gal gryphon or olga flow.

2. A chao raising mission. Id must admit that would be hillarious and then you can get a partner card when it reaches its highest level. Imagine a chaos chao with a scythe. And then when you complete it it becomes an extension in your room and it could be on any worlsd and the chao are affected by it. I'd be raising chao on neudaiz. Feed it with sweet berries and such...i could go on forever

Alastor_Haven
Sep 17, 2008, 08:19 PM
Olga flow would be a Reskin of Svaltus

AM I RIGHT?

Along with Gal would probably be another dragon haha

Anon_Fire
Sep 17, 2008, 08:20 PM
Here's my idea

1. a new revamped version of Black Paper's Deal 1 & 2, with a new 300% Experience and Drop multiplier. (Requires 5 PA Fragments)

2. a remade version of Towards the Future with a 550% Experience multiplier with twice the amount of enemies.

Tetsaru
Sep 17, 2008, 08:28 PM
A chao raising mission. Id must admit that would be hillarious and then you can get a partner card when it reaches its highest level. Imagine a chaos chao with a scythe. And then when you complete it it becomes an extension in your room and it could be on any worlsd and the chao are affected by it. I'd be raising chao on neudaiz. Feed it with sweet berries and such...i could go on forever

I really like this idea. I bet fans of the Chao-raising side quests from the Sonic games would really eat this up. All those stupid items like berries and truffles would actually be used for something now, and as much as Sega likes to reskin things, it wouldn't be too difficult to implement the different forms you could get. Having Chao races and fights like in SA2 would be hilariously awesome, lol, and there could be unique items and equipment to obtain in this manner. As long as their A.I. doesn't suck as bad as most of the PM's or NPC's, I'd love having a Chao running alongside me beating the shit out of enemies. Perhaps something could happen if you ran into a Jaggo spawn when you had your Chao with you...?

And hell... wasn't there a side quest in PSO for Gamecube where you could actually upload a Chao-raising minigame onto your GBA?? I really could see something like this as PSU's "pet system"... and it might even make a decent replacement for PSO's MAGs in terms of battle use.

Skye-Fox713
Sep 18, 2008, 04:21 AM
The endless dungeon one sounds like a lot of fun. Basically you start out with what ever you have on your person and as you fight through the dungeon the enemies would drop mates, photon charges, and other things that you would need to survive.

Squeezit
Sep 25, 2008, 09:08 AM
The idea about an unending dungeon sounds okay. There should be a reward that can be obtained in the end though.

I do have a mission in mind though. Maybe have a "war" type mission, where an unlimited amount of players can fight against a HUGE force of enemies. No healing or scape items can be used, so if you're defeated, you get warped back to the Colony.

But the problem would be a huge amount of lag...

lol well if it were possible to do that without the lag, then hell yeah i'd be all for it.

still like the unending dungeon though >:/

and .hack//G.U. doesnt have an unending dungeon it ends at level 100 >_<

The endless dungeon one sounds like a lot of fun. Basically you start out with what ever you have on your person and as you fight through the dungeon the enemies would drop mates, photon charges, and other things that you would need to survive.

actually i was more referring to no drops whatsoever (i dont care if they drop rares even, i just want the fun of doing it) maybe a drop or two after say...do 5-10 levels then run into a boss it drops a possible rare or something.

thunder-ray
Sep 30, 2008, 12:45 AM
just a thought but...what if we made a contest, an unending dungeon.
there are games that have done it (such as devil may cry and stuff) ironically though i got the idea from .hack lmao (idk if .hack has a mission like this, i just thought about it while watching the anime, sadly though there was an end to the dungeon they were in that i was watching xD silly haseo)

anyways, why not make an unending dungeon, limit the party to be solo, or just 2 or 3 people in the party.
no npc's (unless you solo then allow atleast a PM)

basically the ranking system would go as thus, who can get to the furthest B level?

B-1 starting out weak, B-50 being strong.
make there be no end to the mission, and no exiting the mission once started unless you plan on quitting the mission.
that way all your monomates, dimates, trimates will eventually have to be used up, your photon charges too would end up being used up (assuming you use them a lot)
your scapedolls too would even be used up, though i'd personally prefer a mission that only allows you 2-3 scapedolls or even 0.

yes, this mission would be biased towards the people that are level capped however in my own personal opinion, too many people are level capped anyways.
the lower leveled people could have fun with it too though, in my opinion.
I would enjoy this mission purely for the difficulty, and i'd enjoy a ranking system too.
i'd prefer it be a solo mission, however i know that wouldnt be the type of mission to appeal to Sega Team.

I'm aware Sega of America can't make a mission like this, but if they popped the idea in SoJ's head welll its a slim chance but they might go for it.

but i've been wondering how PSU could be interesting again, and this was the conclusion i came to.
this and the conclusion kyta came too, but this would make me want to reactivate my account in a heartbeat.
i love PSU, but its just...boring lately :(
i didnt even play MAG really since it was so boring haha ^^;;;

well i hope this is a thought, i hope other's agree with me ^^;;

----------------

mind you, im sure there are other ideas you can add on to this, so feel free if you likeThis idea kicks ass. This would be the idea mission to do for lvling and possible lvling classes quickly if we get like 1000 mps or more. This would probaly bring people back to psu and possible save it from dying DX. I also happen to like the other idea of having a giant group of players in one party to spam the mission. Good job squeezit :wacko:

WhiteKnight01
Sep 30, 2008, 02:15 AM
its a cool idea isnt there a mission in the Lightning Carnival that is like this just hordes of enemys that get harder the farther you go the better the drops but has an end, with your idea of unlimted mission maby a time limit for each stage so you cant just run around with a hp restore and wait for your weps to recharge, id try to carry as many rods mags and wands then and not care about the grind if im not able to recharge and with a photonchagecosmo it would fill 30 or 40 weps in one go, in some areas its like a room thats full of poison so if you dont get hit your still being hurt slowly.

Aumi
Sep 30, 2008, 02:42 AM
I really could see something like this as PSU's "pet system"... and it might even make a decent replacement for PSO's MAGs in terms of battle use.

Well, it could be like a chao flying behind one like a MAG, either for attack purposes or to function like a MAG. It would be like Cream's chao always flying behind her.

And I love the idea about the dungeon, and after like 10 blocks there should be a boss, to possibly drop rares, lol.

Squeezit
Nov 1, 2008, 12:20 PM
im glad most of you like the idea, but yeah whiteknight brought up an idea i forgot to consider :P
me/hp restore and stuff like that shoudl somehow be banned from the mission, haha, otherwise yes, a time-limit is a good idea hahaha (guess theres no leveling your skills there :P)

San Anto
Nov 2, 2008, 08:52 AM
wartechers and guntecher would win nyway....

Kylie
Nov 2, 2008, 01:08 PM
I want a seaside level. :D But, uh, I voted "yes" for your idea simply because I'd be willing to try anything new on PSU. However, I think an endless dungeon would be kind of unbalanced, so we'll see how the "survivor" thingy goes in the Lightning Carnival event. This sounds close to that.

Para
Nov 2, 2008, 01:48 PM
I want a seaside level. :D But, uh, I voted "yes" for your idea simply because I'd be willing to try anything new on PSU. However, I think an endless dungeon would be kind of unbalanced, so we'll see how the "survivor" thingy goes in the Lightning Carnival event. This sounds close to that.

That reminds me... remember the summer event mission in PSO where you could type a word which summons monsters to seaside? XD And other words would trigger other events like fireworks?

Squeezit
Nov 2, 2008, 09:43 PM
That reminds me... remember the summer event mission in PSO where you could type a word which summons monsters to seaside? XD And other words would trigger other events like fireworks?

that sounds fun...im sorry i missed that.
im afraid i'd have to summon an undending supply of enemies for myself if allowed

MattTheShark
Nov 3, 2008, 12:08 AM
Here's my idea

1. a new revamped version of Black Paper's Deal 1 & 2, with a new 300% Experience and Drop multiplier. (Requires 5 PA Fragments)

2. a remade version of Towards the Future with a 550% Experience multiplier with twice the amount of enemies.

oh god no. There'd be no equivalent for it, and people would NEVER stop spamming it. >.<

As for the OP's idea, that sounds awesome. It'd be like playing a Legend of Zelda game's forbidden dungeon. =D

Squeezit
Nov 4, 2008, 03:27 PM
Legend Of Zelda has a forbidden dungeon?
which one?

anyways thank you

and personally i hate experience multipliers, i dont really use them, maybne for one or two levels, but only to run the mission, not for the exp inthe mish.

so i would be happy with 1/2 exp for a mission like this (but then everyone would complain and noone would run it, except a few of us) so i guess atleast normal exp

i just want some sort of competition and ranking system that doesnt involve being a hacker :/

DEM_CIG
Nov 4, 2008, 09:38 PM
what server is this on and when?

Anon_Fire
Nov 5, 2008, 10:37 AM
Oh oh, I got something.

A new SEED Purification Event, similar to Operation Firebreak, that involves players "purifying" Ice-SEED Cores.

Squeezit
Nov 5, 2008, 10:43 AM
Oh oh, I got something.

A new SEED Purification Event, similar to Operation Firebreak, that involves players "purifying" Ice-SEED Cores.

didnt they do that on JP side already?
i remember watching a video of people running Ice infected areas in parties :/

Dem, its not an event, well not yet, and probably never will be. unless we could somehow convince SoJ to do it

thunder-ray
Nov 5, 2008, 11:01 AM
Oh oh, I got something.

A new SEED Purification Event, similar to Operation Firebreak, that involves players "purifying" Ice-SEED Cores.This idea rocks, I only played purifying Ice-SEED Cores offline. If they brought it online I would grind that mission dry >:3

ARASHIKAGE
Nov 5, 2008, 11:28 AM
T.T.F. (Towards The Future)

Squeezit
Nov 8, 2008, 02:03 PM

wut?

O.o

Aumi
Nov 8, 2008, 05:00 PM
It's a quest in PSO episode I where you play through a little of the last parts of every level (Forest, Cave, Mines, Ruins) and the boss of each.

Raveno
Nov 8, 2008, 05:51 PM
I second ttf

playing the last block of each mission, facing the boss afterwards, advance further

Aries2384
Nov 8, 2008, 05:56 PM
Heres an idea for a new event. How about the event where Sega delivers everything on time and error free. That sounds like a super fun event! How about an event where we get new stuff? Amazing! How about an event where we get new MISSIONS? BRILLIANT!

End-bitch-fest--
Seriously though, I think everyone will be happy with the next two events (whenever we actually do get them). They sound like ALOT of fun. I just hope they don't release "Shredding the Darkness" and Guardians Colony GBR at the same time (like I think they did in Japan?). That'd be not so fun.
As for a multi-boss fight. I liked the electronic dragon in PSO EP 2 (wasn't it Sil Dragon?) Where you fight two dragons at the same time (one was a copy of the real one) and it packed three different elements I think. How about some epic bosses like Gar Griffon? Oh yeaaaah.

Genoa
Nov 9, 2008, 04:10 AM
Many of these ideas are awesome :D

In my opinion, the idea of MAG was neat for a nice re-skinned PSO epi1...
But I would definitely like to see Episode II on PSU.
I know there would be a lot of re-skinned enemies =/ but I wouldn't mind the music to be back :D I miss me some trick track :o
Even if Olga Flow is just a jacked-up Svaltus, I would enjoy it :D

unicorn
Nov 10, 2008, 01:56 AM
i want liek a white beast event cuz it iz muh fav mishon n i pwn so mush cuz o it. srlsly, it deserves its own event.

darkante
Nov 10, 2008, 10:33 AM
Noo not TTF..AkA Tiring To Finishing...>.>

i want liek a white beast event cuz it iz muh fav mishon n i pwn so mush cuz o it. srlsly, it deserves its own event.

It should be called "Zombie event, NO THINKING NEEDED ZOMGYAY!!!!" D:

Anon_Fire
Nov 11, 2008, 01:20 PM
P.O.D. (Point of Disaster) From Episode IV

With a 300% EXP and Drop Rate Boost

Anon_Fire
Nov 11, 2008, 01:24 PM
didnt they do that on JP side already?
i remember watching a video of people running Ice infected areas in parties :/

Dem, its not an event, well not yet, and probably never will be. unless we could somehow convince SoJ to do it

No, they didn't

Anon_Fire
Nov 20, 2008, 12:34 AM
This would be good:

Trade Mission:

Unrecorded Order

Single-Player Mission:

Forbidden Zone: Level X

Anon_Fire
Mar 23, 2009, 12:30 AM
New free rebalanced post-event missions:

World of Illusion a'