PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fic Marionette - Chapter IV - Ascension from weakness - Added 10-25-08

TheOneHero
Sep 8, 2008, 01:34 AM
It's been bloody ages since I've posted anything in here. >D

Few things to note:

This is a PSO Fan Fiction.
I'm playing around with the first person, tenses will change, deal with it or don't read.
At the moment I have nothing to do around here, so it's very possible I'll finish this.
This is not my normal writing style, I'm experimenting a lot.

With that, here's the horribly written prologue:

~~~~~

Here I was at the cliff edge in the Gal Da Val Mountains, the wide open ocean at the bottom spreading out before me; calm and deceiving. Large close-range reefs and sharp stone 'visible' even from this height...if the was the right word. I do wonder which would kill me first, the sheer force of smacking into the object, or the impalement?

I could feel the sun setting and the Gibbles coming out to search for food, their heavy steps thudding the earth matching the rhythm of my own heart.

I still can't believe I'm in this situation, allowing myself to give in...

Their little princess jumping to her doom.

'They're here Amy.'

I wish she'd shut it just once. It's a bunch of hungry beasts, big deal; stupid things better not follow me.

The wind began to rush past me, sweet sea air filling my nostrils, and I heard myself laughing. Silly, but exquisite. Then I could feel the pain...

~~~~~

I'll post more later.

TheOneHero
Sep 13, 2008, 03:16 AM
Chapter one, I hope you enjoy!

Chapter I
~In the darkest corners~

~~~~~

It's so dark...even though I am blind, I can feel it enveloping me, wrapping itself around my body, and pulling me away... Aagh, so much pain. Where is everyone? I felt the tingle in the back of my head just above my neck, like static, or similar to a limb falling asleep.

'They've gone to bed, Amy.'

'I don't recall giving you permission to enter my mind, Myra.'

'Your stunt on the cliff, damaged us both. The impact created a fusion between your brain and my bio-mechanical makeup. Jonathan and Elizabeth tried to fix it, but separating us is impossible without killing you, Amy.'

Wonderful. Now I had lost the remainder of my privacy. I hardly had enough as it was, being the scapegoat for all of the Government tests; why was I so special to them?

'You already know that, Amy.'

'If you don't shut up, Myra, I'll kill myself.'

'That didn't work yesterday morning.'

'I'll...what? Yesterday?'

'Yes. You've been asleep for quite some time, the others were worried.'

'I wonder how close it was this time...'

'Much closer to death, but still far from what will be needed to destroy you.'

I groaned and reached toward the nightstand for the water and the pain killers Jonathan always left for me after one of my...attempts. He was always so kind to me, giving me personal care and assisting me memorize the laboratory layout; sometimes he'd sing me to sleep.

I don't know exactly what he looks like and I'm okay with that...everything else is simply wonderful, his voice, touch, and the way he smells. I wonder if it's time to get my physical again...I let myself wander in thought.

'Amy Norrington, I'm part of your mind permanently now, can you not control yourself?'

'Can it Myra! If I'm stuck blind and a lab rat the rest of my life, I'm damn well going to have my fantasies. I don't see why you're complaining. You're a girl too, surely you find him attractive.'

'I interact with the world through you, but your feelings are not my own, I do not fester them as you would.'

I sighed and picked up the glass and pills, swallowed them quickly, and drained the water before sliding my legs over the side of the bed.

'Stupid parasite.'

The tile was cold under my bare feet, but it was welcoming. I raised myself slowly, testing my legs to see if I could stand and walk. There's tingling, but it appears my legs were virtually unscathed. I ran my fingers over my exposed arms and under the nightgown feeling for injuries...yes, my torso had took the majority of damage when I jumped. I felt the raised scars with small tingles; they'd be gone within the hour. While I hated being alive, in circumstances like this I'm glad I healed fast.

'Amy, someone's in here.'

She was right. How did I not notice? I slapped my hands together once and paid close attention to the vibrations in the room, searching...Ah, there they are.

'Yes, by the water tank.'

I focused again, the new arrival had made no movements, their heartbeat was normal, and their breathing paced. They were however, not someone I recognized. I clapped once more and moved toward the tank, clapped again and moved closer, until they were within reach...

In an instant I had one hand around their throat and three fingers jammed between their ribs pushing against the pounding heart.

"Who are you!?"

"You...were playing...me."

Ah, a female...with small breasts. What she said was true of course; I only needed to clap once, after that everything was burned into my mind. She wasn't as stupid as others though, she caught on quickly.

"Yes." I replied, pushing my fingers closer to her heart, "Six pounds of pressure and I'll stop you dead. Who are you and why are you here?" I eased up on her throat. I needn't worry about her reaching for anything to free herself, the shear amount of pain she was in practically paralyzed her.

'You are very rough Amy. I wonder if Jonathan would enjoy that.'

'Shut up Myra, this isn't the time for your remarks.'

"Ka-Katie...Winchester. From...WORKS, they have....a mission...for y-you."

'This could be interesting Amy. Let her talk.'

'Indeed. I'd love to get out for a little.'

I slowly removed my fingers and completely let go of her throat. I sensed her massaging her chest and neck to relieve the pain.

"Oh, if you try anything. I'll kill you." It was a statement of fact that she could not ignore.

"I, yes of course." She coughed and fumbled for a paper cup to fill from the water tank. "Let me explain the nature of this mission. You see--"

I growled.

"Err, sorry Ms. Norrington."

'You are terribly unkind sometimes Amy.'

'Myra, really, let me have my fun!'

"It's a diagnostic mission, to measure your capabilities to a certain degree. If the people I represent are impressed, we'll call you back for another mission." I heard her put down the cup and fiddle with her clothes, something wasn't right...

"What do I need to do?"

"There's a laboratory in the old Pioneer 1 district, near the Central Dome. Pioneer 1 reports state there are several experimental cell cultures there. Bring these to us."

"That's the residential district, why would there be a laboratory there?"

"We don't know."

"It'll be difficult finding my way around. Yes I can manage some areas, but I'm still very blind. Surely there's something else I can do?" Too bad, I'm intrigued by this mission.

"We've taken care of that. WORKS delivered some new technology via a dummy corporation today. Jonathan will perform the surgery tomorrow. Tomorrow night I trust you'll be able to get out?" Her breathing changed, she didn't think I could?

"Not a problem. Now, could you please leave? It's been ages since I've felt pleasure."

Her heart rate increased, "Err, y-yes of course!" Her footsteps were faint taps against the tile as she left the room and closed the door.

'You really are horrible.'

'The illusion of being something else, Myra. People don't know the real you, you can exist in your own world, be happy, and left alone.'

'I understand.'

New technology? Jonathan would've heard about it beforehand, I'll have to talk to him about it...innocently.

My thoughts were focused on him again as I climbed into bed once more, nestled between the cool sheets. Despite having been asleep for almost two days, I was exhausted.

'Myra?'

'Yes Amy?'

'Let me have good dreams.'

'...Of course.'

~~~~~

I'm sure you noticed the tenses changing a little, please be patient, I'm still experimenting.

Regarding chapters:

They're likely to get longer.
I should be able to post one every few days.

Don't forget to leave comments! :wacko:

Xaeris
Sep 13, 2008, 04:06 AM
It's certainly good that you've added some more meat to your installments. I didn't think I'd be opening this thread again after the first one, but here I am. I'll wait for the next one; your lead is interesting enough.

CupOfCoffee
Sep 13, 2008, 06:29 PM
I dig it. You really do get a sense of Amy's blindness through the narrative--there's enough description to paint a picture, but not so much that you forget the character telling the story can't see.

Good stuff.

TheOneHero
Sep 15, 2008, 02:26 AM
Glad you're enjoying it Coffee. =)

Xaeris, I don't generally post a lot in my prologues for any of my fics. :3

I'm trying to do as much of this fic in an "as is happening" viewpoint-present tense as much as possible. There are some situations where it just doesn't sound right or difficult in getting it to work without going on long descriptions. I won't be able to completely get rid of the tense changes, but I'll minimize them as much as I can.

Here's the next chapter with it's twice over editing. :disapprove:

Chapter II
~The demon feeds~

~~~~~

I woke to the sound of Jonathan singing quietly; his weight at the foot of my bed. I desperately wanted to pretend to be asleep awhile longer, to enjoy his voice, but the smile spreading across my face gave me away.

"Morning."

"Hi." I began searching for his hands, to him he would think I wanted help getting out of bed, to me...

'Amy, behave yourself.'

'Really Myra! It's too bloody early for action anyway!'

"I've got good news for you Amy." I finally found his hand and let him lift me up; I continued to hold on.

"What's the news?"

"Yesterday, we received some items that can give you some form of sight back."

"I don't want someone else’s' eyes inside me." This was true, I had refused surgery years ago, and another sometime later to have artificial eyes, Android eyes.

"No, of course not! This stuff is really quite...revolutionary." I could feel his heart rate increase, clearly excited. "It uses bio-engineering that will allow you to see photons. Similar to thermal vision, oh..."

"Jonathan, I haven't always been blind, you know that. I do know what thermal vision is like." I giggled, feeling his hand grow warmer in mine.

"Right. Well, the surgery is scheduled for this morning. I'll be placing a chip in both eyes and running a special wire into your frontal lobes. Everything together is a bio-mechanical device, like Myra. It'll fuse with your eyes and ocular nerves slowly, well in your case, rapidly and override their current makeup."

"What are the risks?"

I leaned my head against his form and squeezed his hand.

"The worst case scenario is you still being blind." His breathing hadn't changed, he was telling the truth.

"Jonathan..." I pressed myself closer, "Do you think it's odd this arrived? Is it normal for stuff like this to just arrive? I'm a little nervous about the whole situation."

"Ah, yes I was concerned at first. I was explained to that this technology was being designed specifically for you. No one else has advanced so far in sight being blind, as you. They felt you were the most deserving. This information was also withheld until they were sure it would work, as to not get your hopes up." He squeezed my shoulder and sighed, "There's nothing to be nervous about, everything will be okay, and I’m here all the way." I breathed deep once, enjoying his rain-like scent.

~~~~~

During the time I was under I had had a dream, was this right? I had never had dreams while under before...

'I was going through your memories Amy. The ones when you still had sight.'

'You...you can do that?'

'I'm sorry Amy, I won't do it again.'

'No, no it's fine. It made me...feel better.'

'I'll ask for permission before you go under again, if you do so.'

'All right, Myra, thank you.'

I could feel heavy bandages above my eyes, clearly there to keep me from opening them too early on. I was in my bed, I couldn't hear the gentle humming from the light above and knew it was off. I listened carefully to the clock ticking on the far wall. Judging from the vibrations I could tell where the hands were...a little after two in the afternoon; It would be sometime before I could leave.

There was no heartbeat in the room except for my own; Jonathan must be eating a late lunch or discussing the surgery with Elizabeth.

In order to pass some time, I decided to turn my attention to my dream...

Hunters Academy, three years before: I was sixteen and classified as a "Rogue"; a term coined for those whom studied each of the three classes. It started as an accident really...In Force Training I had engaged another student in the Hunter Classification. He was teaching us how to handle ourselves physically; in his provocation I attacked and shattered his knees to practically dust before he even had time to tense his muscles. He would later return to training with artificial knees similar to Androids.

I still have not found the reason to reacting the way I did, it wasn't natural.

After being suspended for a week, the administrators moved me to Hunter Training. Day three, during the handgun and sabre training, I scored dead center on targets of 30, 50, and 100 yards. I was moved to Ranger Training the next day.

It was soon recognized I would be one of the few in the same Classification, or similar, as Red Ring Rico, the heroine of Pioneer 1. I continued to excel, top of my class in Force, Hunter, and Ranger.

One year later, a week before graduation, I got into a fight with the student whose knees I had destroyed. According to the rumors, he had trained even harder for revenge against me and became a Hunter and Force hybrid.

The fight was over quickly: I blew a hole the size of an average male fist in his chest and cut off his left arm. I felt I was triumphant, there's no way someone would continue after that, especially with all the blood loss...

I was wrong.

I found myself pinned to the ground, my arms around my back and my legs locked. I felt his remaining hand over my eyes, his insults ringing in my ears as he drew the Foie symbol into my eyes, burning them, and completely destroying my ability to see. The pain was erratic and terrifying...the fear, even worse. Someone knocked him out and took him away, I never did hear what happened to him after that incident.

For the first few weeks of my blindness, I was completely useless. Eating, bathing, and performing basic human needs were virtually impossible without the assistance of the few remaining friends I had. I cried a lot, worried I wouldn't find someone to love me. How pathetic.

In my young mind, while I was reassured my deep black hair, with its natural amber tints in light, my barely tanned skin, and well formed body would still attract if my personality failed, I thought my key to looks were my eyes. My right eye with its vibrant green and my left and its baby blue, were the features I was known for.

I knew now they were glazed in a milky white.

A few months later I tried ending my life and failed. I had jumped from the top of the Hunters Academy Observatory Tower, a good 80 feet. I barely had a scratch. It was not long after that the Government took me in for study and testing--

'And now here I am.'

'Yes Myra. Here you are.'

~~~~~

I slipped out my second story window, landing safely on the ground with barely a thud. I rushed southward toward Central Dome, my bandages still across my eyes, no reason to take them off just yet. I knew the path I would take, I traveled it many times on my way to the island directly south of Central Dome, Gal Da Val. It was burned into my mind I wouldn't need to generate sound to find my way and any animal or other living thing would be no problem; I had an excellent sense of smell and hearing.

'Enjoying yourself Amy?'

'Of course, Myra. It's been quite some time since I've been on a mission. I'm sure glad I kept my old uniform and even more pleased Jonathan and Elizabeth had let me.' I was overwhelmed with nostalgia, remembering when I first created it.

I wore the boots, shin guards, and torso armor of my blue RAmarl uniform, while the lower piece of armor and leggings I had taken from a friend's uniform. She was one enchanting Newman Force, lovely, compassionate, and fierce...until she lost her mind. She had been cornered alone by some other students who proceeded to horribly rape and ravage her. Shortly after the incident I signed up to join them on a mission in the No Man's Mines: I was the only candidate who returned...

'I'm sorry Amy, I had no idea...'

'You can't change the past Myra. Besides, I avenged her as best as I could.'

I could feel my legs dragging a little, it had been a long time since I've worn the Secure Feet.

'Remind me to train with ankle weights once we return back to Achillea.'

'Of course. I do think Jonathan would like to see you increasing your leg strength.'

'Now who's the sexual thinking one?' I laughed.

~~~~~

Hmm...yes, Central Dome is getting closer. The timer in my head was just about to reach the point when Central Dome would be 50 yards ahead. I began to feel...

'Do you sense that, Myra?'

'Yes. My readings are starting to register...There's life forms in the Old City.'

'Hunters?'

'I'm not sure, we're still too far away and my scanners aren't very large.'

'Let me know if anything pops up abnormal as we get closer. I'm going to remove the bandages now.'

I began to breathe in the cool, clean, and crisp night forest air. Very refreshing, there's was the scent of an earlier rain and I was reminded of Jonathan. I began to image the dew and the rising steam from warm plants...how I longed to see again.

Massaging my temples I slowly opened my eyes...I was met with a world of complete awe and beauty that I had never before imagined. The outlines of trees, plants, even small insects and creatures were visible in a soft white. The "fillings" between these lines were almost black with varying shades of cool and warm colors depending on the life form; radiating energy. This energy came off in minute wisps and orbs, rising high into the canopy. The air itself was clear as I remember from when I had sight; the only difference was a "snow" effect, like wisps of white photon energy.

'I...this is stunning.'

'Myra...I feel like I'm in a piece of art. If that is even able do this justice.' Such beauty! My heart began to race and I felt I would burst from the shear joy I felt in this one moment.

'You should sit for awhile and grow used to this before continuing.'

'Absolutely.'

~~~~~

I decided to postpone her actual mission till next chapter; I figured the events of this one needed to sink in first. :3

Lance813
Sep 25, 2008, 04:07 PM
I really like this, alot.

TheOneHero
Sep 25, 2008, 05:33 PM
I'll get to work on the next chapter tonight; been having a wee bit of writer's block. D:

I have the entire fic planned out already, which makes the writer's block even more frustrating. >_<

Edit: I've been able to work on Chapter III somewhat, I'll try and get it posted tomorrow, but totally by Saturday.

Lance813
Sep 26, 2008, 02:07 PM
Sweet, i can't wait to read this.

TheOneHero
Sep 29, 2008, 01:23 AM
Oh snap! Tense this chapter won't be as much "present tense" as in the others. Forgive me, it's the only way I could get over the writer's block. Please also excuse the delay, I meant to have this up on Saturday, but severe storms stopped me from getting on the computer.

Chapter III
~On the sweet and forgotten~

~~~~~

'I can no longer read the life forms from before, Amy. Either they have left or are shielded by some construction material I can't get through.'

'Thanks for the heads up.'

The rain began pouring again, causing those beautiful white puffs of photon to dance and fly wildly, almost as if there was wind in the area; a fierce snowstorm. I took a moment to enjoy the sight of flowers along the ivy walls of Central Dome closing their buds. It was odd at first, seeing small yellow lights suddenly sniffed out, like candles.

Giggling and filling my lust for the smell of rain, I checked my Kamui to make sure it would slide freely from its sheath at my side. Yes, this would be fine.

'I hope I don't need this.'

'Life never hopes to turn to violence, Amy.'

She's right. I giggled again; Jonathan had said the same thing before.

'Did he really?

'It's going to take awhile longer to get use to this Myra. Sighing I searched for the entrance... 'But yes, he did.'

I pulled at the ivy blocking the iron doors leading to sub access below the Dome. According to the schematics Myra downloaded earlier from the WORKS database, this would lead to the laboratory where the cell cultures were supposed to be.

'Are you ready Amy?'

The doors were now free of ivy and plant life, one was broken and refused to open, the other difficult, but manageable.

'Always.'

"Come, I, evolve. Myself."

Wh-what? Myra? Did you hear that?

'No Amy, what is it?'

I felt a tingle in my upper neck near the base of my skull, then in my fingers and toes, my knees and elbows...what...what is going on?

'Amy?'

Stop it! No! Uhh, ow, my...core...my heart... OW!

'Amy! Amy what is it?'

'What's...inside me Myra?'

'I don't detect any abnormalities within your body.'

"Closer. In shadow."

I seized and dropped to the cold metal flooring outside the door, the rain pouring around me, and my only focus on not passing out was holding the rusted handle above my head. I could feel the pain beginning to leave and the...calling had stopped now.

'The calling?'

'Despite all the help you provide me, Myra, it's bloody annoying with you always in my active thoughts.'

'We can’t fix---'

'I know we can't. But you could give me some faked privacy!'

'I'm worried, Amy.'

'Everything seems to be fine now, so don't be. We have a mission to do.'

'Very well, Amy.'

I pulled myself up and moved the vines away from the entrance off to the side. This would make opening the door a wee bit easier and in the chance I needed to retreat, they wouldn't hinder me.

I found myself laughing, to think opening a door would be such a bother! This is probably the most difficult part of my mission. I reaffirmed my grip on the handle, this time with both hands, and pulled. I began noticing bits of rusted metal flaking off and cutting into my skin; another confirmation why I loved the fast healing and overall immunity to disease or infection.

'Amy! Life forms, 20 meters ahead!'

I froze. Neither from the cold interior of the now opened passage, nor from the rain pouring outside, but from the flickering red light I saw at the end of the hall. It moved slowly, down the corridor then to the right at a fork.

Delsaber.

'What the hell is that thing doing in the above ground?'

I moved into an adjacent room, keeping my breathing controlled to avoid panic.

'You do know what Delsabers are, right Amy?'

'One of the deadliest servants of Falz?'

I let my arms hang loose as I began transferring energy from my body toward my mind, to quicken the memorizing process.

'That's possible Amy. We still don't know if the creatures in the Ruins are there as servants of Falz, or as guardians for anyone who might release it.'

The walls were black with gray and purple photons floating away from them. No windows, no furniture, ah, a filing room. I made note of the beat up cabinets along the far wall, many of the drawers were open and the contents were gone.

'What are you getting at, Myra?'

Instead of the snow white color photons outside, they were purple and larger, but much fewer in number.

'Delsabers are Hunters overwhelmed with D-Cells.'

'What? You're telling me that creature out there is some Hunter?'

'That is the likely case, yes.'

Wonderful. I began returning the transferred energy to my arms and legs, having committed the room, and the previous hallway to memory. I would have to battle the Delsaber if I left this room, I pulled my Kamui free.

'Hunters into Delsabers...' How sorrowful...

'What is it, Amy?'

'Just think Myra. I know many Hunters venture into the Ruins to avenge lost comrades. Imagine, these monsters they are killing for revenge are indeed their own loved ones.'

'They are no longer their old selves, Amy.'

Insensitive parasite.

I slowly moved toward the door, crouching, and carefully opening it enough to hear into the hallway. Though I had some form of sight back, my ears were far superior.

Silence.

'Myra, that doesn't matter. Could you strike a creature if you knew it was once your friend and in some respects, still is? The memories you hold for those you love outweigh the fact that now their mind is no longer theirs. Myra, you have much to learn about the bonds between people.'

'GET BACK!'

I couldn't react in time, I felt my body suddenly seize up as the door I was crouching by flew open, sending me sprawling into a metal cabinet.

'Get up, Amy! GET UP!'

I hate it when she points out the obvious, but she's right. Ugh. My Kamui, where is my Kamui? I...can't see...

'By the door!'

Yes. My Kamui was lodged at an angle near the door...near the pulsating red and green light that blinded me even further as it approached.

"Shit!"

Instincts took over as the Delsaber leapt at me, I rolled forward and tried to stand, my legs turning to mush as I put weight on them. Get steady! My head...my body...can't focus!

"Come. I evolve. Closer. Myself. Shadow. Come into myself."

Pain. I turned my torso slowly, keeping my eyes squinted against the pulsating light. Protruding from my right thigh was the upward pointing blade from the Delsaber's foot. Why was it so painful? The creature made no move to attack again, but instead stared at me in amusement, as if his yellow eyes saw straight into my soul. I was overwhelmed with coldness and paralysis.

"Enter with me. Become one. Evolve."

The voice? Why is it doing this to me!?

'What voice, Amy?'

Shut up you parasite!

I fell forward, grabbing the pommel of my Kamui as the Delsaber toppled toward me. I swung out wildly with my eyes closed against the light, smiling as I felt my blade cut through armored flesh and tissue. I didn't care when the rush of blood spilled across me. I was victorious.

'Are you all right, Amy?

'Yes Myra! Now shove off!'

'You're wounded badly, Amy.'

'What?'

I could see again.

With the life of the Delsaber snuffed out, the overwhelming photons from its shield could no longer blind me, but the sight I saw was worse than my temporary blindness. The creature's leg was snapped off and still stuck in my own, its spiked shield was in my torso, and its buster, halfway through my defensive arm. Upon realization of all these wounds, the pain hit me like a tidal wave.

I can't stop twitching. I can't stop screaming.

~~~~~

When the Government took me in after my many attempts at suicide, I was put in a super solider program for further study, enhancements, and training. This was no run of the mill program; it wasn't on any Government listings, clearance was above Top Secret, it didn't exist like many of the Pioneer 1 projects we came to be aware of through the sacrifices of Hunters and journalists.

The program and those operating it were referred to as 'Dharma'.

My time with them would be short, a little over a year, spent in horrible pain and degrading experiments. I was overwhelmed with joy when Dharma was "officially" shut down after their latest creation, Raven the Soul Harvester went rampant and was later stopped by Jane Corona, another experiment from the earlier Dharma days.

A few weeks before the incident and before I was put in a more legit program, Myra was planted inside my mind. A bio-mechanical system to greatly enhance how I battled, learned, and evolved. I hated her much more then, than I do now, which is really saying something. I have grown accustomed to her assistance, though, nothing could really kill me. I'm invincible...

~~~~~

'Looks like you're back.'

'Yes Myra.'

'You passed out a few moments after you started screaming. Forgive me, but I stimulated some neurons to move your body behind the cabinets for cover.'

'What?'

'Imagine, a controlled...seizure of sorts, twitching and flailing your body to move it.'

'WHAT DID YOU DO?!'

'During this process, it also crudely removed the buster, shield, and leg of the Delsaber.'

'How crudely?'

I tried opening my eyes...ugh, I'm so exhausted.

'The buster was really the only one--'

'Myra. How crudely?'

'You will not have full use of your left arm for some time. Jonathan will need to do some surgery to correct it.'

'I hate you Myra.'

~~~~~

I know she didn't finish the mission this chapter, she will next time. It's lame, but I decided to take care of it next time for length reasons. =/

This chapter sucks. Also, lots of dialogue helped get past the writers' block. It was either this or nothing for a long while. =/

Lance813
Sep 29, 2008, 02:13 PM
Hey, I think it is great.

nice work.

CupOfCoffee
Oct 17, 2008, 08:14 PM
For some reason I'm super into this line:

I can't stop twitching. I can't stop screaming.

I don't know why. It gives me good creepy vibes, haha.

I hope you have not abandoned this, because that would not be awesome!

lantis-zagato
Oct 21, 2008, 06:46 PM
yes, this is very interesting! Please continue and the last chapter was fine! This reminds me of a pso related michael crighton book! excellent job.

TheOneHero
Oct 21, 2008, 06:53 PM
For some reason I'm super into this line:

I don't know why. It gives me good creepy vibes, haha.

I hope you have not abandoned this, because that would not be awesome!

Haha, I liked that line too.

I'll write some more tonight and should hopefully be able to post it in the next couple of days.

Geeze wow, I didn't even notice your post till today. >_>;

Anyway, thanks everyone for the feedback! :3

Lance813
Oct 22, 2008, 02:24 PM
Can't wait to read it......

Srsly.

TheOneHero
Oct 25, 2008, 11:52 PM
Lol, tense change.

Chapter IV
~Ascension from weakness~

~~~~~

The numbness in my left arm was beginning to fade, very comforting. My wounds would now be red scares, soon pink. Despite the fact of quick recovery, my body, particularly my leg, was very stiff and walking was albeit of trouble. Still, I had a mission that with each moment I came closer to complete. Once finished there would be rest, good food, and Jonathan...

'I'm sure he's worried about you.'

'Yes Myra, I'm sure he is too; but Jonathan's a big boy. Now can it, I'm still mad at you.'

I relaxed some, not just because it made my leg feel better, but sometime had passed since my battle with the Delsaber and nothing abnormal had presented itself. No life forms. No terrifying voice. Nothing.

The Delsaber...why did it stop in its' attack? That wasn't right. They were known to tear beings to shreds, beyond recognition, but yet it stopped! ...Stopped and stared at me. No. Not at me; it was in a trance like state...

'Amy! Careful, you're walking in water with temperature readings of two degrees Celsius!'

What? I glanced down, with photonic sight, the water looks just like the ground ahead, just blurry. Why can't I feel the cold? Why didn't I feel the difference?

'Get moving Amy! This isn't good for you!'

Stupid parasite, I'm practically invincible. I won't quicken my pace because of this. I know I'll be fine.

'You really should listen to me, Amy.'

My ears are starting to twitch, what's this? Oh, rushing water ahead. I can't make out where exactly, the sound vibrations are too jumbled to make sense of and my sight is failing because there's too large a gathering of photons.

'What are you going to do now, Miss Norrington?'

'Complete the damn mission.'

'Oh I see. Very smart'

Of course she would know already, always in my thoughts. I would use a Barta technique to create a dam in front of me.

Smiling, I moved my right hand and fingers into an appropriate position to form the seal and began drawing the lines focused on my fingers. As the energy began to take place, the heavy photons ahead rushed toward me, the light was no longer so bright.

'Interesting Amy, very interesting...'

'I wasn't planning or even thinking it could do that.'

'Hurry up and release your technique, you could severely damage yourself if you keep drawing energy in.'

'Sometimes I don't think you really care about what happens to me, just you.'

But still she was right; as the water froze and the chime like sounds filled the air, I felt my smile stretching further across my face. I guess this could be considered a high for me, certain sounds and feelings, since I didn't have sight for so long and even now it was incomplete...

'You get off on such peculiar things Amy. Do you think Jonathan likes kinky girls?'

'Oh Myra! Let's find out together when we return, shall we!?'

The water now stopped flowing so heavily and I could finally see the drop off; a spiral staircase leading downwards.

'That's the place, Amy.'

'Keep me posted.'

A thin layer of water spilled over my dam, which would be fine; it wouldn't be very high when I returned, so I wouldn't be bothered. I decided on the way out I would blast away the dam with a Foie Technique; it would stop the flow of water long enough for me to get out before it resumed its level when I entered, halfway up my shin.

~~~~~

Dharma was bent on creating the perfect super solider. Jane Corona was dubbed a "failed experiment", because her abilities weren't fully realized till after she stopped Matthew Kingsley; a scientist, military man, and spy who had experimented with bio-engineering on himself. Dharma failed in creating any subjects that survived more than a few days using the same process with Jane and quickly moved into building a super solider from scratch.

That's where Raven the Soul Harvester comes in. A young girl, broken and shattered, alone and helpless was taken and merged with an inactivated HUcaseal shell. Matthew Kingsley implanted his own bio-engineering into her. In doing so, her human healing and growth rate, combined with Android's rate, and Matthew's abilities; she was practically indestructible; healing and becoming stronger in a rate beyond anything the world had ever seen.

Matthew had stolen technology from Jane Corona and her organization, MAG technology. It was originally designed for the Androids in Jane's organization to have the ability of gathering in and releasing energy in technique form or in a great burst of power. Matthew merged the MAGs of Devil's Wings and Tail, and Rati into one; then had the super MAG implanted into Raven before the bio-droid was awoken.

After learning her purpose was confined to being a weapon for the Government, Raven betrayed and killed the scientists who created her. Matthew was not present because of his cowardice.

Raven and I were toyed with and the subject to experiment during the same time, I owe that creature my sanity and life.

One thing that has always bothered me from my time there, I was never informed nor had the slightest idea where the technology for Myra originated from...

~~~~~

'Amy, the cell cultures are in the room ahead. No life forms. I am however detecting large amounts of photons.'

I can't see! Dammit!

'Amy?'

'Myra...I can't, I can't clap either. My left arm is too messed up to do anything with, I can barely move my fingers...'

Wait! These walls, they looked like metal before...

Pain.

I squinted to see I punched through sheetrock and through a very thick support beam. Wood was splintered and large pieces stuck out of my wrist and hand.

'Amy, they aren't metal anymore.'

'NO SHIT!'

Brilliant. There goes my idea to use the sound off the walls to find my way. What am I going to do now? I knocked off a piece of wood with my practically paralyzed left hand. Wait...wait...

'Amy? What is it?'

'My fingers Myra! On my left hand! I can move them just enough, to form the basic Foie Technique.'

'No Amy, don't do it. You have little control over your arm, you risk severe damage.'

'Stuff it!'

I closed my eyes and began relaxing my body, focusing my mind into two psyches, like multitasking on the next level. The first would handle gathering the cell cultures while the other would concentrate on keeping the Foie Symbol maintained.

"Good. Come to me. Evolve."

Don't listen. Don't listen. Focus. Breathe. Just Breathe.

'I'll do what I can to help, Amy.'

I smiled as the last line was etched in the air in front of my fingers; this will work. Opening my eyes, the photons ahead rushed toward the symbol and the light was quickly reduced to a level I could see at. With my good hand, I opened the door and was absolutely surprised to see the cultures out on the counter, plain as day. I giggled.

'Oh Amy! You're so witty!'

"Closer. You'll come. They always do. My slave."

Heat and smoke began to emanate more so from the Foie symbol. I had to finish this up.

'Don't hold the technique too long Amy!'

'Shush!'

One, two, three cultures were placed into my bag. Four, five, six, are there others? Where are they?

'Amy! Life forms!'

"Hello dear."

No, almost there...voice, stop!

'Delsaber?'

'I don't know, hurry up!'

Holding the Foie symbol was becoming extremely difficult, my hand was practically burning and the smoke was coming off in waves. I would think...there would be more cultures. Let me see...

I scanned the room, cupboards open, and most empty. Hmm, somewhere sure was busy clearing out...Ah! There, on the far side of the room. I collected four others from a glass cupboard and placed them in the bag.

"Amy Norrington, what the hell are you doing!?"

"Jonathan!"

'Amy no! The Foie!'

That's when I felt nothing on my left side, all the way to my shoulder. All I saw was ash. Ash that was my left arm.

The last thing I remember was collapsing into Jonathan's arms and Elizabeth running forward to help.

~~~~~

"Amy? Amy can you hear me?"

Oh Jonathan! I opened my eyes and saw him for the first time. He's so young! Hmm, fit...and cute. I couldn't tell his eye or hair color, everything was pretty similar, but I didn't care. I could see him. I felt my heart swell with my feelings for him again. Finally, I could see him.

"Y-yes. I'm able to hear. How did you find me?"

"To the point today? You forget silly girl, the same way we always find you. Myra."

'I really wish they couldn't track me through you, Myra.'

'I won't apologize; it's come in use several times.'

"Are you all right?"

Ah, Elizabeth. I hadn't noticed her, I turned toward her direction. She was very beautiful, younger than Jonathan though. Very petite, but a nice and pretty large bust, which to my surprise, wasn't hanging out like nearly every other girl on Ragol or Pioneer 2. "Yes, I'm fine."

"You're arm didn't grow back Amy, you'll be missing that limb..."

"No Jonathan! Don't tell me that!" I slapped him. He didn't speak. "Jonathan! I'm so sorry!" Why did I hit him?

"You...you can see? The surgery worked?"

"Yes. Sort of. Too high concentration of photons blinds me."

"Interesting, well---"

"Jonathan! Elizabeth! I have an idea..."

'Interesting, Amy. Very interesting.'

"What is it? For what?" Elizabeth asked, Jonathan following up soon after with his curiosity.

"To get my arm back. Bio-engineering. Connect it to Myra like with the eye surgery and for sight assistance..." I couldn't help myself as I laughed with joy, Jonathan and Elizabeth's faces were covered in fear of me and my fit. "For my sight, add a MAG to it. Substitute its A.I. with my own, giving me full control of it. I'll be able to gather in photons at my disposal to help see and release them in an attack or how I see fit.

Jonathan turned to Elizabeth, then toward me. "Brilliant, we'll get to work immediately."

"Good girl Amy. I'll see you soon."

~~~~~

Finally! Finished! I do hope you enjoyed. :3

Freeze
Oct 26, 2008, 03:35 PM
All I can say is... nice.

Lance813
Oct 26, 2008, 07:52 PM
Whoa.. Can't wait!

Lance813
Apr 15, 2009, 02:16 AM
Iiii'm Waaiiiiting... ^.~

TheOneHero
Apr 24, 2009, 07:19 PM
Aiiiiieeee~~~

Okay, I'll work on the next chapter over the next few days. :p

Lance813
Apr 24, 2009, 09:39 PM
haha, awesome. I just noticed your sig was a lil' outdated...