PDA

View Full Version : How To Get Views On DeviantART.

Leviathan
Sep 9, 2008, 04:10 PM
Step One: Create a name that starts with the same letter as your first name, &it must suggest macabre. <Ex. Gabe Gore xx, Davey Dead, etc...>

Step Two:

(A.) Abuse the hell out of "photography" by taking pcitures of yourself &proclaiming it as the best. Then heavily photoshop it with tons of graphics only a 12 year old will like, or take it in black &white &alter the contrast. Heavily is the key word my friends.

(B.) Make unoriginal drawings from your favourite anime. It doesn't have to be good at all. Also it helps to make fanfictions where everyone has their mates planned out.

Step Three: Put on tons of that shit all over so hardly no one ever see's any original work.

Step Four: Profit with internet famdom.

Adriano
Sep 9, 2008, 04:16 PM
Or draw like this
http://damndamndrum.deviantart.com/

I guess the alliteration thing applies though : S

pikachief
Sep 9, 2008, 04:19 PM
what if u alter a anime or video game character in such a way that it is original?

I think it was quite original one person i saw he made wonderful artwork but he soon stopped and it made a great deal of people sad :(

he altered it in such a way that takes skill to be able to completely alter a charcters looks while still making them look like themselves ;o

aaahhh dev.art what a wonderful place for FAs..... :wacko:

SpikeOtacon
Sep 9, 2008, 04:20 PM
Nothing about writing in this list. That does me no good, as that is all I do on there. :disapprove:

Leviathan
Sep 9, 2008, 04:22 PM
I forgot about writing!

Everything must be a poem that ends with you dying/ cutting/ or being in love/ being out of love.

Don't feel left out Spike. D;

SpikeOtacon
Sep 9, 2008, 04:23 PM
I forgot about writing!

Everything must be a poem that ends with you dying/ cutting/ or being in love/ being out of love.

Don't feel left out Spike. D;

Tell that to my practically comment-less deviantart page, it's looking rather suicidal these days.

TalHex
Sep 9, 2008, 04:24 PM
protip: original stories don't get any views, go with fanfictions

Leviathan
Sep 9, 2008, 04:26 PM
Tell that to my practically comment-less deviantart page, it's looking rather suicidal these days.

It probably suggests something of horror or macabre.

SpikeOtacon
Sep 9, 2008, 04:32 PM
protip: original stories don't get any views, go with fanfictions

Does not compute.

You see, I believe in writing my own material. I used to write fanfiction until I realized that my ideas were best used in their own contained worlds away from any sort of copyrighted work that I could base it off of. I mean hell, I actually want to make money off of my writing. But I need to get an audience first, and unfortunately deviantArt has been the absolute worst fucking place to get views and criticism for my works.

That site needs a good SOUL INJECTION and a smack to the face. Such a terrible community.

TalHex
Sep 9, 2008, 04:35 PM
Does not compute.

You see, I believe in writing my own material. I used to write fanfiction until I realized that my ideas were best used in their own contained worlds away from any sort of copyrighted work that I could base it off of. I mean hell, I actually want to make money off of my writing. But I need to get an audience first, and unfortunately deviantArt has been the absolute worst fucking place to get views and criticism for my works.

That site needs a good SOUL INJECTION and a smack to the face. Such a terrible community.

obey this man, he knows what he is talking about... i've tried writing my own stuff and it got nothing on that site, hell the only thing that did get attention was 3d art that i put 5 seconds worth of work in.

KodiaX987
Sep 9, 2008, 04:38 PM
People are attracted to mediocrity.

Case in point:

I write a story based in an original universe with characters of my own. Views & comments: zilch.

I write a fanfiction that has no end in sight, full of plot holes, written in a half-assed way and incorporating other people's characters without permission. Results: a raving success.

I wish I was kidding. But this really happened.

TalHex
Sep 9, 2008, 04:39 PM
indeed

Adriano
Sep 9, 2008, 04:41 PM
People luff suspense :|

TalHex
Sep 9, 2008, 04:45 PM
original is better then fanfiction... after all you can't have fanfictions with out the original

Sayara
Sep 9, 2008, 04:52 PM
Damn i cant find the how to be popular at DA comic by shinga :<

Sord
Sep 9, 2008, 05:05 PM
unfortunately deviantArt has been the absolute worst fucking place to get views and criticism for my works.

not sure I would want them as an audience myself.

Weeaboolits
Sep 9, 2008, 05:08 PM
Do what I do, almost never upload anything and never browse through the other artwork, you can have as many as 3 comments, just like Ronin Cooper!!

Sayara
Sep 9, 2008, 05:10 PM
I have to draw Fanart mainly to get comments.

Even scandelous perv art didnt score me many comments!

Nitro Vordex
Sep 9, 2008, 05:15 PM
How to get the most out of your Deviant account:

Delete it.

I think it'd be better to just have a website with a paragraph of tags.

You know, like they do on Youtube. :wacko:

Sayara
Sep 9, 2008, 05:34 PM
you mean the this video does not contain any of the following and then 1000000 tags?

Nitro Vordex
Sep 9, 2008, 05:37 PM
you mean the this video does not contain any of the following and then 1000000 tags?
Exactly.

Adriano
Sep 9, 2008, 05:41 PM
I like when the tags ironically, make out a dirty sentence, like "Hillary Clinton __fill this in__ trout"

Moo2u
Sep 9, 2008, 05:46 PM
Start with something unoriginal (like a Sonic fan art) get popular, then introduce your original stuff. Hopefully more people will take notice.

But that's a stretch. I mean, my poor talking pie and comics are still ignored quite a bit. Either way Sheezy Art is better (www.sheezyart.com).