PDA

View Full Version : Hah! I see what ya did there, Sega.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 13, 2008, 12:21 AM
You called it Phantasy Star Zero, so the acronym sounds like PSO, since its PS0! Sega's trying to be leet. :disapprove:

Nitro Vordex
Sep 13, 2008, 01:07 AM
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/663/reverseth4.jpg

beatrixkiddo
Sep 13, 2008, 01:24 AM
And they made HUmar look even more like a girl than he already did :disapprove:

Moo2u
Sep 13, 2008, 01:49 AM
What's PS0?

Adriano
Sep 13, 2008, 01:51 AM
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/pszero/

Moo2u
Sep 13, 2008, 01:55 AM
Ah! Something Japanese. Gotta.

Second questions: why is there a cowboy?

beatrixkiddo
Sep 13, 2008, 01:56 AM
That's RAmar.

Moo2u
Sep 13, 2008, 01:58 AM
Serious? Are you sure it's not a male stripper? Cause that's what it looks like. A space male stripper.

MaximusLight
Sep 13, 2008, 01:59 AM
Serious? Are you sure it's not a male stripper? Cause that's what it looks like. A space male stripper.

YOU"RE ALIVE!?!11oneone

Moo2u
Sep 13, 2008, 02:02 AM
Word. :cowsleep:

Chuck_Norris
Sep 13, 2008, 02:54 AM
Wait a sec. Where's the HUmar in the picture? o .o

Chuck_Norris
Sep 13, 2008, 02:56 AM
And they made HUmar look even more like a girl than he already did :disapprove:

WAAAIIIIT. Is it actually that guy with the blonde pony tail with the jacket and shorts?

Well...It's a slight improvement apon the old HUmar. :disapprove:

beatrixkiddo
Sep 13, 2008, 02:58 AM
Yeah, keep telling yourself that

Nitro Vordex
Sep 13, 2008, 03:08 AM
Well...It's a slight improvement apon the old HUmar. :disapprove:
Get out.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 13, 2008, 03:09 AM
Get out.

Make. Me.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 13, 2008, 03:13 AM
*flying kick to the skull*

Chuck_Norris
Sep 13, 2008, 03:34 AM
*flying kick to the skull*

*Gets hit but doesn't move an inch*

Out_Kast
Sep 13, 2008, 04:29 AM
*sigh* Where's Randomness when you need him?

Weeaboolits
Sep 13, 2008, 06:41 AM
It has HUmarl and HUnewm, but where are the newman rangers? Come on Sega, get on it.

Also they better not intend to leave HUnies and RAcaseals out.

Adriano
Sep 13, 2008, 06:45 AM
:wacko: hay thar Ro,
It's been comfirmed that there will be 14 different classes, so it's being speculated that Ranewm/newearls, and focasts and caseals will be out T_T
Alls I know is, better have some REAL Yasminkovs, not that fake little 8* GRM Mechgun >:U

Weeaboolits
Sep 13, 2008, 06:52 AM
Awesome, the RAnewearls better look cool. And hopefully HUnies won't look like harlots this time.

Out_Kast
Sep 13, 2008, 07:35 AM
But everyone knows CASTS aren't meant to be able to cast techs! D:

Adriano
Sep 13, 2008, 07:38 AM
When I Said "Out" I meant not included :|

TalHex
Sep 13, 2008, 10:57 AM
i want it to take place on coral as a prequel to PSO

Moo2u
Sep 14, 2008, 01:25 PM
ZOMG! ACTUAL PSO DISCUSSION IN FKL!!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 14, 2008, 01:37 PM
This changes everything.

PSYZOU?

Sounds psycho.

Moo2u
Sep 14, 2008, 01:41 PM
Sounds like some sort of under the counter drug prescription.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 14, 2008, 01:47 PM
So in fact the people who play it are now clinically and medically cleared as "weird."

So we can't make fun of them with such adverbs anymore.

Damn'it SEGA! You were supposed to do what NINTENDON'T!

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 14, 2008, 11:52 PM
I can just hear Nall now. HUmar? Oh HUmar! Where are you? Why are you at the grave of Dragonmaster HUcaseal again

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 15, 2008, 01:03 AM
It has HUmarl and HUnewm, but where are the newman rangers? Come on Sega, get on it.

Also they better not intend to leave HUnies and RAcaseals out.

According to PSO's continuity, Newmans aren't supposed to be able to use ranged weapons on the same level that Casts can't use techs-- where Casts can't use techniques due to technological limitations, Newmans can't use the big Ranger weapons due to some physical limitation. I suppose it's due to having low body weight and poor strength (small ranged weapons like handguns are fine, but the kick produced by a rifle might result in permanent shoulder injuries, for example). Also consider whatever the heck it is that reduces their accuracy.

Weeaboolits
Sep 15, 2008, 01:08 AM
...I still want to. ._.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 15, 2008, 01:14 AM
...I still want to. ._.
You may have to wait until expansion PSZYOU part 2 many.

I heard you can play as a Dolmolm, fux the rappies and their cosplayz this time.

Tensu of the moon
Sep 15, 2008, 04:34 AM
According to PSO's continuity, Newmans aren't supposed to be able to use ranged weapons on the same level that Casts can't use techs-- where Casts can't use techniques due to technological limitations, Newmans can't use the big Ranger weapons due to some physical limitation. I suppose it's due to having low body weight and poor strength (small ranged weapons like handguns are fine, but the kick produced by a rifle might result in permanent shoulder injuries, for example). Also consider whatever the heck it is that reduces their accuracy.

of course that raises the questions as to why they can't take the kick of a gun but can stand on the front lines as a hunter. if you can take at least one hit to the face from a D-cellular sub lifeform, you should be able to handle the kick of a gun. not to mention if their skeletons are so weak, how do they survive swinging melee weapons around? that creates recoil too.

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 15, 2008, 12:11 PM
not to mention if their skeletons are so weak, how do they survive swinging melee weapons around? that creates recoil too.

Who said anything about their skeletons being unusually weak?

Chuck_Norris
Sep 15, 2008, 01:22 PM
Hey, you guys. Stop being serious in my topic. This might get De-FKL'd. :disapprove:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42wooJKmCW4&feature=related

Ketchup345
Sep 15, 2008, 01:37 PM
Don't make me move this! :wacko:

SpikeOtacon
Sep 15, 2008, 01:39 PM
Don't make me move this! :wacko:

But what if one of us requests it? Doesn't that mean the opposite must happen?

Chuck_Norris
Sep 15, 2008, 01:56 PM
It'd get Re-FKL'd? ;o

Larian
Sep 15, 2008, 02:50 PM
Awww...the new rappies look sooo cute! =D

Tensu of the moon
Sep 15, 2008, 03:38 PM
Who said anything about their skeletons being unusually weak?

well, whatever physical limitation it is that prevents them from surviving the recoil of a firearm without permenant damage can apply to a melee weapon as well

Nitro Vordex
Sep 15, 2008, 05:20 PM
This can't be moved out of FKL. That's unpossible.

TalHex
Sep 15, 2008, 05:29 PM
its repossible

beatrixkiddo
Sep 15, 2008, 05:36 PM
WELL LETS MAKE SURE IT DOESNT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgOx5IDQz9I

TalHex
Sep 15, 2008, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUtbFZu7icY&feature=related
yay japanese music! i have no fucking idea what she is singing but the beat is nice

Moo2u
Sep 15, 2008, 06:59 PM
There has been very few topics to get de-fkl'd, bit it has happened!

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 16, 2008, 01:02 AM
well, whatever physical limitation it is that prevents them from surviving the recoil of a firearm without permenant damage can apply to a melee weapon as well

Simply enough: They're squishy. Also, you'll gain a bruise far more easily from the butt of a rifle than from swinging a sword around. Seriously, the only thing they had that made the HUnewearl an effective hunter, was her enhanced casting abilities.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 16, 2008, 01:31 AM
Sooo who's making the cowboy char class page?

I nominate Cowboy Curtis.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 16, 2008, 02:05 AM
Sooo who's making the cowboy char class page?

I nominate Cowboy Curtis.

"I'M SICK OF THESE MOTHA FUCKIN' HUMARS IN MAH MOTHA FUCKIN' PHANTASY STAR!"

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 16, 2008, 02:38 AM
Samurai L Blackxtion?

(It was actually 'Morpheus' Larry/Laurence Fishburn in the Pee Wee Cowboy role)

Chuck_Norris
Sep 16, 2008, 10:57 AM
(It was actually 'Morpheus' Larry/Laurence Fishburn in the Pee Wee Cowboy role)

Eh, they all look the same. :disapprove:

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 16, 2008, 11:03 AM
Eh, they all look the same. :disapprove:
Cowboys or

you bastard. That better be a self-disapprove.

That generalization only applies to cavemen. Lang Whitaker said all cavemen look the same to him when interviewed on VH1's I love the New Millenium about Geico's cavemans, and that's gangsta Omar and Dave Zirin can appreciate!

Chuck_Norris
Sep 16, 2008, 11:13 AM
Cowboys or

you bastard. That better be a self-disapprove.

That generalization only applies to cavemen. Lang Whitaker said all cavemen look the same to him when interviewed on VH1's I love the New Millenium about Geico's cavemans, and that's gangsta Omar and Dave Zirin can appreciate!

Chuck Norris is above racisim. Therefore, all races look the same to him.
..Except Elephants. He knows the difference between Elephants.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 16, 2008, 11:20 AM
Chuck Norris knows everybody homo-............
erectus.
Heh.

Smell ya later ergastus.

Homo-Ergastus in googlin' = a youtube that's 9 secs yet feels much longer, no audio and also sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP3tq1Na93U

Tensu of the moon
Sep 16, 2008, 03:00 PM
Simply enough: They're squishy. Also, you'll gain a bruise far more easily from the butt of a rifle than from swinging a sword around. Seriously, the only thing they had that made the HUnewearl an effective hunter, was her enhanced casting abilities.

but it was said that it caused serious harm to the shoulder. swinging a huge weapon full force into the exoskeleton of an altered beast or the outer shell of a sinow zoa is going to send some significant recoil up through the arm.

TalHex
Sep 16, 2008, 03:12 PM
i would offer to do the physics for it but frankly i don't care enough

Weeaboolits
Sep 16, 2008, 03:43 PM
but it was said that it caused serious harm to the shoulder. swinging a huge weapon full force into the exoskeleton of an altered beast or the outer shell of a sinow zoa is going to send some significant recoil up through the arm.Well, the reason they didn't in PSO is that they had pretty much the exact opposite of the stats a ranger would want, they had the worst accuracy and attack power and hardly any defense or hp. Regardless, I wanted them, even if they'd just play like a RAmarl with worse stats. ;~;

Sord
Sep 16, 2008, 05:37 PM
perhaps they are all just near-sighted

Tensu of the moon
Sep 16, 2008, 07:01 PM
perhaps they are all just near-sighted

they seem to be able to aim techniques well enough.

Sord
Sep 16, 2008, 07:49 PM

they have AURA VISION (epic echo voice) they can see the spiritual energy of other living things and aim at that. when was the last time you ever saw a newman use techiniques for something practical, like lighting an actual fire, charging your batteries, cooling down a drink (or soup.)

Gunslinger-08
Sep 16, 2008, 08:15 PM

it's ****ing magic, yo

TalHex
Sep 16, 2008, 08:20 PM

how hard is it to aim a fricking fireball? you just point at the funny colored blob, zonde is homing

Weeaboolits
Sep 16, 2008, 08:41 PM
Techniques can't miss unless they actually MISS though.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 16, 2008, 08:56 PM
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6014/pslunarox2.jpg

I thought of this when I heard that character designer was workin on it.

Moo2u
Sep 16, 2008, 09:11 PM
A dragon? As a boss?!

How utterly absurd!

Chuck_Norris
Sep 16, 2008, 09:12 PM
inb4itgetsnamed"De Ra Goon"orsomesuchIdon'teven.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 16, 2008, 09:34 PM
it's ****ing magic, yo
IT'S NOT MAGIC, IT'S A TECHNIQUE.

*doesn't want to lose the religious part of PSO players*

:wacko:

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 01:40 PM
they have AURA VISION (epic echo voice) they can see the spiritual energy of other living things and aim at that. when was the last time you ever saw a newman use techiniques for something practical, like lighting an actual fire, charging your batteries, cooling down a drink (or soup.)

then how do they hit machine creatures?

and if they see all electircity and not just bioelectricity, which is the obvious awnser to the above question, how do they see in the mines, the ruins 1-2, seabed facility and in cave 3? wouldn't they go blind from all the electricity? not to mention the VR system...

and if they see some kind of life force, wouldn't they be blinded in the forest, cave 2, the outside areas of Gal De Val, and ruins 3, where organic matter is everywhere?

I miss with techniques all the time, mostly because the auto-targetting system directs my attention to nearby crates despite the horde of diminians closing in on my fragile yet nearly immortal FOmar... and then there are times when I get knocked down and get up again facing the wrong direction.

and no it's not magic, because magic is a pigeonholing word used by the ignorant masses to describe any energy they don't understand.

TalHex
Sep 18, 2008, 01:47 PM
haven't all those corny science fiction novels taught you anything? machines have souls too!

Sord
Sep 18, 2008, 01:52 PM
then how do they hit machine creatures?

and if they see all electircity and not just bioelectricity, which is the obvious awnser to the above question, how do they see in the mines, the ruins 1-2, seabed facility and in cave 3? wouldn't they go blind from all the electricity? not to mention the VR system...

and if they see some kind of life force, wouldn't they be blinded in the forest, cave 2, the outside areas of Gal De Val, and ruins 3, where organic matter is everywhere?

I miss with techniques all the time, mostly because the auto-targetting system directs my attention to nearby crates despite the horde of diminians closing in on my fragile yet nearly immortal FOmar... and then there are times when I get knocked down and get up again facing the wrong direction.

and no it's not magic, because magic is a pigeonholing word used by the ignorant masses to describe any energy they don't understand.

then perhaps they just straight up see electricity (hell, sharks can freakin sense electrical pulses, why not newmans?) there's also the possibility the robots have traces of falz cells or whatever infecting them.

TalHex
Sep 18, 2008, 01:55 PM
so sort of like a dark sense? that would work to in VR considering VR is meant to trick the senses

Sord
Sep 18, 2008, 02:01 PM
oh, also the chance they could be infected with Falz "spirit." We no some sort of evil aura/presence exists about him, considering all the techers go nuts in the one quest in the ruins after sensing him and (we can only guess) being possesed.

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 10:04 PM
that's true. the game constantly says that the D-cells are what made the machines malfunction.

and no, machines do not have souls because they are not lifeforms.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 10:23 PM
Machines could be considered alive because of self awareness, but I'm not 100% sure on that subject.

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 10:34 PM
machines are not self aware. they simulate self awareness.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 10:39 PM
machines are not self aware. they simulate self awareness.
Simulate? How the hell do you simulate self awareness? You're either self aware or you're not. If they have self awareness, and are capable of feelings, they could be legally considered people. (See:PSU)

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 10:47 PM
no, they simulate emotions. they don't actually feel them. you simulate self-awareness by being programmed to say something a self-aware person would say.

consider Lura, who, in pso3, becomes self-aware by having Sophia's heart placed in her

thus, if she was not self aware before, but was self aware afterwards, androids are not truly self aware. before she could only simulate emotions, but once the heart begins to take full effect, she says everything is different now.

or at least, if memory serves. It's been a LOOOOOOOONG time since I've run through the Ep3 story.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 10:56 PM
I really don't think there's some way to "simulate" emotions. That's pretty much saying you have emotions but you don't.

In a sense, people are creating "people" by programming their (essentially) existence.

PSO is a bad example, as there are plenty of games that treat robots/androids as people, or at least citizens. If I remember right, in PSO ep 1, you had the quest with the android who was looking for Zoke. She seemed to be have feelings and emotions, despite them being "simulated". She and also Elenor seemed to be self aware.

Also, another example would be Calus. (EP2) He was just a program, yet in a sense he had gained self awareness. He attempted to turn into a human, but it didn't happen. Calus had apparent feelings, and he obviously liked Elly.

oh wait, those are just simulated, so he obviously didn't like her. ;)

Ranmaru
Sep 18, 2008, 11:08 PM
or at least, if memory serves.

:wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 11:09 PM
Memory serves steamy bacon.

Ranmaru
Sep 18, 2008, 11:11 PM
MEMORY FORGOT TO SERVE ME MY FUCKING FUD!!!!

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 11:12 PM
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY COKE?

Ranmaru
Sep 18, 2008, 11:21 PM
SHIT BETTER COME BACK AND GET ME SUM SOUP

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 11:36 PM
oh wait, those are just simulated, so he obviously didn't like her. ;)

exactly.

Ranmaru
Sep 18, 2008, 11:38 PM
Memory hasn't served yet. :disapprove:

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 11:44 PM
then refresh it.

Ranmaru
Sep 18, 2008, 11:45 PM
WAT? IT HASNT COME TO SERVE ME MY FUDDDDD D:

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 11:47 PM
exactly.
http://media.tumblr.com/1vnWCPZWQ9fd1s1k1zTvXUJM_500.png

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 11:49 PM
no, I think you're missing my point.

emotions can be simulated. it's as easy a querry/responce. but they are not the actual chemical, electrical, and as some would say, spiritual processes. therefore, they are not real emotions.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 11:50 PM
so then your not really simulating emotions, you're just making answers.

I don't know, I think spirits could easily invade or occupy a robot.

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 11:52 PM
and that's what happens with lura. but it is not the norm.

Ranmaru
Sep 18, 2008, 11:53 PM
I think so too, they CAN be real emotions if they WANT to FEEL THEM.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 11:54 PM
This is all speculation, and I have no desire to carry it any further.

Also, there isn't really a norm anymore.

WHERE THE FUNK IS MY GODDAMN COKE?

Boogie Troll
Sep 18, 2008, 11:55 PM
Until we can put a heart in a robot and give it emotions, I'm going to side with Nitro on this one.

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 11:56 PM
I think so too, they CAN be real emotions if they WANT to FEEL THEM.

but they can neither want nor feel. they can only query and respond.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 11:59 PM
but they can neither want nor feel. they can only query and respond.
If you want to think of it by pencil and paper ideas, then yes.

however, if you think of them as a person, their feelings are very real.

So let's see. Ah, here we go: Megaman X. Game person, android or "Reploid" as they called him. he can think and feel for himself. Are you saying that's an outright lie? That he really can't think, he's just a hunk of machinery? That he doesn't feel remorse for those he had to kill, that he doesn't feel hope for the future?

Quit being so close minded.

Ranmaru
Sep 19, 2008, 12:02 AM
Yes, try thinking outside the BOX. :wacko:

Tensu of the moon
Sep 19, 2008, 12:04 AM
of course, you're thinking in game terms and I'm thinking real world. it's easy to write about a machine that can feel, but inventing one is a different matter altogether. of course, inventing a machine that can feel has an underlying level of malice to it.

Ranmaru
Sep 19, 2008, 12:06 AM
You simply don't get it. :disapprove:

Tensu of the moon
Sep 19, 2008, 12:07 AM
what do I not get?

Nitro Vordex
Sep 19, 2008, 12:15 AM
what do I not get?
What you're not getting, is the speculation. You're making your arguement totally one sided. I'm talking about real life things too, just using video game/sci fi analogies, because it's much easier than to try and compare in real life. Since we have limited knowledge on spirits and such, it's only natural that people(such as you from what I'm seeing) would assume(lol) that machines that think and act on their own with emotions are just simple things. I would regard a robot that acted like that as a living thing. If it knew such a thing as death, it wouldn't want to "die". Or be terminated.

I don't know how you can call that "real world" thinking, when that kind of thinking is extremely varied.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 19, 2008, 12:55 AM
The hell have you guys done to my topic? Do something relavent! Like posting youtubes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac6fZf5HhkA&feature=related

Nitro Vordex
Sep 19, 2008, 12:58 AM
If it's in FKL, IT'S NO LONGER NEEDED.

Also: Youtubes? Can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZW-4wQkcE

Chuck_Norris
Sep 19, 2008, 01:00 AM
It was in FKL from the start. :disapprove:

EDIT: Post better Youtubes, Nitro. (Although that was pretty funny)

Nitro Vordex
Sep 19, 2008, 01:00 AM
My point exactly.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 19, 2008, 02:56 AM
I thought this was FKL-worthy. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65I0HNvTDH4&eurl=http://7.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube_videos.xml&nocache=0&up_prefs_version=

Nitro Vordex
Sep 19, 2008, 05:49 PM
Fix'd for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65I0HNvTDH4

Good job Chuck, I loved it.

Sord
Sep 19, 2008, 06:04 PM
easier to argue humans as machines rather than machines as human

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 19, 2008, 09:40 PM
The only problem with EP3 is that not enough people played it, so it may be rendered not a major part of the PS continuity, despite the PSOW community and its knowledge of it.

And Nitro smells like limburger.

(Our old Ep3 forums, I believe there were 2, count em, 2!
Have long been merged into regular PSO General. Ask IanaI-CalusMan, he's old like me!)

Ranmaru
Sep 19, 2008, 09:43 PM
I like EP3. :3 I'm only clvl 20. : <

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 19, 2008, 11:19 PM
Ohsnap.

We still have an Ep3 general.

:self-laid-off: