PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Should i just dump these A-Ranks to NPC?

Errorrrr
Sep 13, 2008, 09:13 PM
I have a bunch of 24%-30% 8 and 9* yohmei/grm twin dagger/daggers... but it seems like no one buy these anymore, should I just dump these to the NPC?

This is on PC btw... I price these thing at like 70k-120k and I can sell 50K To npc... so I don't think they are overpriced ;x

Chuck_Norris
Sep 13, 2008, 09:17 PM
You're not overpricing them. There's just no market. No one really uses A ranks unless that's their classes' limit, or if it's stronger than an S rank (Twin DB sabers, Ank bico, ect ect) :/

Errorrrr
Sep 13, 2008, 09:19 PM
I really just think there aren't any mid-range/lower level players left in the PC community that'd actually need these A-Ranks... 2 Stars max on Universe 2 is ridiculous... :/ they should really consider merging servers or something.

Xefi
Sep 13, 2008, 09:26 PM
you can just hand them out to new people for later...lol.

Charity is quite fun sometime, try it! > : )

Kylie
Sep 13, 2008, 09:33 PM
If you don't need them, it'd probably be best to sell them to the NPC if no one will buy them. I usually do that with mine. Well, after I found out they sold for that much. :lol: I was selling them at under 50k for a while. :nono:

Errorrrr
Sep 13, 2008, 10:48 PM
If you don't need them, it'd probably be best to sell them to the NPC if no one will buy them. I usually do that with mine. Well, after I found out they sold for that much. :lol: I was selling them at under 50k for a while. :nono:

Lol... I guess i'll do that :*( I was expecting people that are yet new and want some decent weapons to work with would buy them :/ I guess they all too rich for that.

Xefi
Sep 13, 2008, 11:11 PM
I was expecting people that are yet new and want some decent weapons to work with would buy them :/ I guess they all too rich for that.

Oh ok, i guess even new people these days are
running around in the millions...ha ha ha...i guess
it's safe to say that you can go ahead and sell your
unwanted gears now or donate them to the miko.

Miyoko
Sep 13, 2008, 11:42 PM
Can always use them in the donation box, get some more goodies that way...

Tetsaru
Sep 14, 2008, 12:47 AM
Yeah, business has been slow with selling A rank items. I'm having to price a lot of my 9*'s at 50K just to sell them... I remember back in the day I used to could sell Phantoms for 400K each, lol...

On the other hand though, this makes a good buyer's market if you're needing a cheap weapon. Wish it were that way for synth materials, though... >_<

Errorrrr
Sep 14, 2008, 12:53 AM
Synthing A-Grade weapons is like a lose lose money situation... can't even get rid of them except to NPC them >_<

desturel
Sep 14, 2008, 01:58 AM
I was expecting people that are yet new and want some decent weapons to work with would buy them

There's also the small problem that it's too easy to equip S rank weapons. You level up so quickly in this game and the requirements to equip a weapon are so low that there's no point in anything low level after you've hit level 50. Part of this is due to the adjustment of base stats, and easier EXP when the expansion came out. Part is also due to how easy it is to get an S rank weapon.

Why go for Katsuno-zashi or Lumiass Blau when you can get Togeha-zashi rather cheaply?

I have a set of 46~50% Katsuno-zashi that I keep for when I'm a fortefighter or acrofighter, but most of the time when I'm those classes, I don't even use daggers.

Hari Seldon
Sep 14, 2008, 09:09 AM
Yes, dump low % A-ranks to the NPC. It's very much worth it to synthesize A rank weapons because when you get that 46%+ weapon it's worth quite a bit to those smart players that know it's much better than the 20% or less S ranks many people are running around with.

desturel
Sep 14, 2008, 10:45 AM
Yes, dump low % A-ranks to the NPC. It's very much worth it to synthesize A rank weapons because when you get that 46%+ weapon it's worth quite a bit to those smart players that know it's much better than the 20% or less S ranks many people are running around with.

I have to disagree. It's not about damage anymore. It's all about looks. People come up to me when I'm using my Katsuno-zashi and ask why I'm using that garbage and I must be a noob because everyone knows Lumiess Blau is better. :)

People don't care how much of an efficient killing machine you are. They only want to see the shiny stuff. It's the same reason people who never go to the hive pay 50mil for Vijeri / Resist. They have to look cool and stylish.

Darius_Drake
Sep 15, 2008, 10:13 AM
I would say that you could save them if you are still going to make a new character. Other than that you might want to go ahead and sell them to the NPC. Especially those weapons you were only selling at 70k. Might as well have some more money in your pocket instead of weapons you won't use taking up precious space.

stukasa
Sep 15, 2008, 11:00 AM
You should do a conditional shop search (by price) for the weapons you're planning to sell. If the market price is already at 50K there's no point in selling it in your shop, you might as well sell to the NPC or donate to the shrine box. However, if the market price is a little higher and you're not in a hurry to make money you can make a bit more by selling it in your shop. A-ranks usually don't sell very quickly but if you price them competitively they usually do sell eventually.

Para
Sep 15, 2008, 01:40 PM
I still sell mine and sometimes people do buy them but not much...

Gen2000
Sep 15, 2008, 07:55 PM
Well the fact that people can just buy the boards to also make their own and with the way missions pour our meseta now doesn't hurt either.

24-30% is pretty crappy nowadays with the way PMs can spit 38+ so easily. During synth bonus my PM spit out a 46 and 50% Lumiess Blau back to back off one board. Seems more generous with Aranks than Sranks (looks at failure stash of 14% mugunruks...).