PDA

View Full Version : AotI Ideas of SUV?

darkante
Sep 14, 2008, 03:13 AM
I saw that Nanoblast topic, and i felt this needed attention as well.

Here, you can express ideas of SUV that should be implented to break out of spamming the old cheap "Everything being hit" moves that doesnīt require any effort. Think variation and effects to actually amuse the sight of your blessed eyes lol.

Ok, here i come with a old idea and a new one.
Now now, sure i like the Gatling gun and Laser SUV. But what about a even more improved version of those focused ones?

The beam of the Laser would lock on everything in front of you, firing very massive beams of laser knocking them up in the air for repeated blows.

The bullets of the Gatling Gun, would have even more massive spread and bigger bullets and longer reach making pretty much anything a ragdoll if against a wall for repeated blows.

*NEW idea* How about a big big explosion that slungs everything around like a toy?
Think atomic bomb impact, now thatīs something i probably would never get bored with.
This one you actually have to aim with a cursor to have it drop at that location.

Here is an idea of what i thought about explosion.
See Ultima spell. Real epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go1utZ05Re0

Poncho_Jr
Sep 14, 2008, 03:29 AM
Hmmm.
Let's see.
I was thinking something dealing with electricity...
Maybe scatter a bunch of shells that will explode into massive shockwaves for a few seconds.

*Usually more creative, but it's late, and I'm tired" D:

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 14, 2008, 03:44 AM
How about a SUV that summons a few gunbot minions to do your bidding for a few seconds.

EMPYREAN
Sep 14, 2008, 03:47 AM
hmmmm
take the paradi, change the ice thing that is on it now and replace it whit red laserbeams raining down over a 5 sec timeperiod.

or

make a chage upp laser suv. u summon the suv then continu to hold down the buttons as the laser chages upp and u will se a big enegy ball forming in the front of the suv.
when u relese the button ull see a big ass beam shoting forward.(ofcourse, the suv will need to have a free aim modus as this prosess will take time)

Tetsaru
Sep 14, 2008, 05:11 AM
1. - A volley of homing missiles that seek out targets

2. - A concentrated beam attack on a single enemy that does a large amount of damage in one hit, ignores resistances

3. - A large, bioweapon or smokescreen-like AOE attack that has low damage, but inflicts multiple status effects to all enemies at once, like Shock + Silence + Confusion + all debuffs, to greatly hinder them.

darkante
Sep 14, 2008, 05:54 AM
3. - A large, bioweapon or smokescreen-like AOE attack that has low damage, but inflicts multiple status effects to all enemies at once, like Shock + Silence + Confusion + all debuffs, to greatly hinder them.

I really like that idea, iīm suprised not too see anything similiar in the actual game.

Dragwind
Sep 14, 2008, 09:48 AM
Alongside Rapia Fluge, I think it would be pretty neat to have an SUV that would provide buffs and debuff the current enemies in the room for a respective amount of time.

MSAksion
Sep 14, 2008, 10:30 AM
1) Doctor Octopus Tentacle Arms - Randomly attacks by stab, crush, ensnare, and whip enemies nearby then latch on and ELECTRIFY them.

You can still attack yourself while your mechanical tentacles attack all around. Ahem.... females please stay away they get kinda... curious xD

2) Mobile Suit Gundam Fin Funnel Bit System - Autonomous Beam Cannon and Beam Machine gun Equipped flying Pods that dart and dash from target to target.

When the pods are attacking you are free to continue attacking during the duration of the pod's flight time.

3) Armored Core 4 Answer - Assault Armor -The Primal Shield Overload

Two parts to this SUV - one is the FORCE FIELD GENERATOR. this bubble protects and absorbs damage. As it takes more damage a meter starts to rise saying its going to OVERLOAD.

When it overloads it EXPLODES and damages enemies caught in the blast radius. Or you can manually trigger the OVERLOAD with whatever energy you already collected.

4) original idea - Construction Digger Arms - these construction pods have a Steam-Shovel scooper arm to throw diga and a Drill arm to stab into monsters for multiple hits.

Two buttons needed just like Nanoblast. Drill is X and Diga Arm is O

5) Virtual On Oratorio Tangram - HYPER ARMOR - when near death the Fei YN-Knight would change from purple to Golden Orange. She would move and attack twice as fast being twice the deadly.

This calls a backpack pod that enhances your movement and attack speed. You'd run around twice as fast and in PSU that is a huge turbo boost. Running circles around a flying de ragon is what i'm going for.

kyanrato
Sep 14, 2008, 11:13 AM
Oh hey, I have an idea! :D

4 huge scythes would surround the Cast, and you get to swing all of them around in a wide area! In the end the scythes would spin around in a tornado like fashion... yeah. :D

Majarra
Sep 14, 2008, 08:57 PM
Summon ryu hayabusa and he 1 hits the boss. Or chuck norris can be summoned and round house every enemy on the screen. Take that kakwanes!

Kadajenova
Sep 15, 2008, 11:28 AM
hmmmm
take the paradi, change the ice thing that is on it now and replace it whit red laserbeams raining down over a 5 sec timeperiod.

or

make a chage upp laser suv. u summon the suv then continu to hold down the buttons as the laser chages upp and u will se a big enegy ball forming in the front of the suv.
when u relese the button ull see a big ass beam shoting forward.(ofcourse, the suv will need to have a free aim modus as this prosess will take time)

lol 5sec? will do x5 more dmg than paradi... I think you're dreaming^^

Cracka_J
Sep 15, 2008, 11:44 AM
Alongside Rapia Fluge, I think it would be pretty neat to have an SUV that would provide buffs and debuff the current enemies in the room for a respective amount of time.

Along the same lines, how about a speed boost SUV?
50%+ animation speed, 50%- dfp, time drains from SUV meter like nano.

WhiteKnight01
Sep 15, 2008, 01:19 PM
Summon ryu hayabusa and he 1 hits the boss. Or chuck norris can be summoned and round house every enemy on the screen. Take that kakwanes!

sega doesnt need to put in chuck norris if chuck norris wants to be in psu he will appear

darkante
Sep 15, 2008, 01:38 PM
Along the same lines, how about a speed boost SUV?
50%+ animation speed, 50%- dfp, time drains from SUV meter like nano.

This i like alot as well, i would think how insane the speed would be with lets say... Gunmaster combo with shotty. :P

ErtaiClou
Sep 15, 2008, 04:26 PM
Good ideas but I think issues concerning timing and people misleading monsters present more obstacles. However, I have wondered that if some SUVs did sweeping patterns, what if some could rain down like paradi in a more focused pattern. Like how some monsters spawn in a flying V formation, what if a SUV could rain down in a more powerful version of sturm or paradi without the SE.

Rust
Sep 15, 2008, 04:48 PM
One word :

LANDMASTER !

gundam0079
Sep 15, 2008, 04:52 PM
Take Gigas Espada, instead of the one Vertical Slash downward have the sword do a horizontal slash and make a wave or have the sword doa vertical, horizontal slash and finish with a piercing stab. Or just a vertical and horizontal combo.

_Vyser_
Sep 15, 2008, 04:53 PM
this is all you need:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyVV5_orBo

Complex_Jao
Sep 15, 2008, 06:03 PM
how about a drill on your hand...and you take the drill and slam it into the ground...as it starts spinning explosions start coming out of the ground setting all enemies one the ground for 750% of your ATP. Also enemies that dig under ground like a Bul Buna would take 1000% of Your ATP but flying enemies are unaffected by the SUV

Eidolus_Dyne
Sep 16, 2008, 06:13 AM
You know this just reminds me of how awesome PSO's Photon Blasts were. There was really only one useless one, the resta PB, but they all basically served a unique purpose. In the end though, Pilla was kinda the best choice in most situations. The twins were really rockin' too though... how many were there? Five?

Paradi is a lot like a super powered Pilla. SURE I could do a punch in a straight line with a giant mecha fist, summon random crazy stuff that may end up buffing the enemy, or sweep the screen with a paralyzing laser (or is it shock, I can't remember because no one seems to use it anymore) but why do any of that when Paradi kills just about everything in one hit. It's a real shame they did this because it's not even a terribly rare unit.

If I had my way the whole SUV (and nano system) would get totally revamped. SUV's tend to have basically the same effect which makes it hard to use them strategically. It'd be much better if they became a player controlled weapon. Because the charge bar is broken into five bits, I always imagined wielding an SUV that had five charges... like an ammo meter. It'd be great if they all controlled differently and you could walk around and aim with the left and right analogue sticks respectively. Of course the concept of adopting a more first or third person shooter control scheme for gunners is completely beyond PSU. Maybe we could actually get that SUV that Lou used in Ep.1, the one that had like... a gatling gun AND missiles where you could fire each one independently using the two attack buttons.

Also, a speed/power boosting PA would rock absolutely... provided as long as we have Paradi it really wouldn't be worth it.

Imaging a better PSU is fun design practice, but it's a pretty useless thing to do. I'm pretty sure PSU players must be masochists to endure a game that has so much potential but leaves so much to be desired.

Gen2000
Sep 16, 2008, 08:38 AM
They could just fix the damage on Gigas Espada, knuckles, or any old SUV one as a start. The added sweep slash pattern idea posted above would help Espada too. That wouldn't even take much effort. The the"everything dies instantly" part of Paradi is nice but boring.. Raining lasers is borings. I always enjoyed the fact that previous SUVs were summoning BFGs from the sky.

Rafal, Hegal, and Gigas Espada still looks the best to me but they are vastly weak to Paradi or even Grom.

Syaoran_69
Sep 16, 2008, 08:48 AM
Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner, vector cannon = win SUV... it reminds me of what would happen if you concentrated paradi cataract into a beam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1nrjRFFmpI

sephiroth115
Sep 16, 2008, 12:29 PM
Gundam wings heavy arms cache of missles that you actually have to aim