PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Racial Verbal Abuse

Bad_Nate
Sep 14, 2008, 12:25 PM
I had no idea where to post this so I posted this in general.

I have been having run-ins with a player with the gamertag *edited*.

This person and a number of other people were firing off racial slurrs about Asians and I was wondering how I can report this to SEGA. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 14, 2008, 12:28 PM
http://help.sega.com

Singling out players by name is against the rules so edit your post. The best course of action is to go to that link above.

Dragwind
Sep 14, 2008, 12:40 PM
http://help.sega.com

Singling out players by name is against the rules so edit your post. The best course of action is to go to that link above.

This. After you sign in, submit a ticket and they should see it shortly.

buzyb77
Sep 14, 2008, 12:41 PM
I had no idea where to post this so I posted this in general.

I have been having run-ins with a player with the gamertag "KC Mafia 09".

This person and a number of other people were firing off racial slurrs about Asians and I was wondering how I can report this to SEGA. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

you report it to M$ go to dashboard go to Recent players, And File a Complaint, under Language, Mute them and seed Feed back as in Avoid player ....If you mut someone on Dash board you can not here them in PSU.

Bad_Nate
Sep 14, 2008, 12:57 PM
I was about to edit my thing, but I see it edited before hand. Ok, thank you for the advice.

Turb0
Sep 14, 2008, 01:04 PM
Don't have to go to the dash to report it to MS, just press the guide button and find them on the recent players list.

Bad_Nate
Sep 14, 2008, 01:20 PM
I tried reporting the person to sega, but I can't find the form. I tried getting on the message board, but it says I'm inactive and I have to contact the admin, and it doesn't show me how to. I need further help then just a website address.

_K1_
Sep 14, 2008, 08:45 PM
Report them in the XBox 360 dashboard, and leave them negative feedback. PSU doesn't need players like that.

PSU really needs a 'recently met players' list, so you're not stuck trying to associate player names to XBL gamer tags.

Majarra
Sep 14, 2008, 08:46 PM
Do you have his ID#? Send me a PM if you do. Ill just report him if you have his ID.

ChronoTrigga
Sep 14, 2008, 09:44 PM
Oh snap, too bad you can't check the chat logs like on PC version.

bupjo
Sep 15, 2008, 02:30 PM
racial slurs are the reason why i 98% of the time run solo and i never use my mic. the internet tough guys say a lot of stuff they would never say to any person of color on the street. i dont even bother going to certain universes because the lobbies are full of racial slurs and it's crazy trying to report them all. so i just leave. but if you can get their ID, do report 'em. i've emailed sega about my concerns on this topic too, but this was before help.sega.com was available. it seems a lot easier to report your concerns by submitting a ticket as long as you give them as much info as you can possible get (ID, gamertag, ID number, etc.)

Darius_Drake
Sep 15, 2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah, some people don't know how to act. I always seem to find idiots every now and then. I made a beast character and made him brown to fit my beast motif...bang a ton of racial slurs for that character in certain lobbies. It also seems to extend to sex as well. I have a female character. She is a robot, but I made her human looking, she is white. She doesn't receive any racial slurs, but in certain lobbies the sexual statements can get disgusting. I actually feel sorry for some females who play the game. They almost can't use the mic when they are in a random party. After saying all of this I must say that most people I do get in a random party with are real cool and to me that is an accurate representation of the community. It's just the obnoxious folks seem to be so annoying that each obnoxious person seems to count for more than one. It only takes a few to make it seem like there are a lot of bad people online.