PDA

View Full Version : Voice over roles? Can that be for me?

Ranmaru
Sep 14, 2008, 07:19 PM
Well, I saw that people were needing movie extras on the classifieds just the other day, but I was hesitant... My mother insisted, and she had already called. I was playing Pso at the time, and I was about ready to close the phone, using the excuse of waiting too long for a representative to answer.

As it turned out, I signed up for this Talent line thing, just to be an extra. But actors and models are there too, and many other types. This seemed very interesting to me.

Although, I never really did participate in plays much, and I knew it was hard for me to speak for projects I have done. Thing was, I was very funny, when I was not trying to be. For example, I was speaking with a class mate, covering a business brochure we (actually I made it the same day) made. I chose Family care as the business (because I made it :3 ) and when I spoke of children, I sort of sounded like a pedo. :/ Although it was funny, because they knew what I meant (the audience) but as I said, had sounded wrong. I was just saying things wrong, that is all.

So, I then see Voice acting, now THAT is interesting. I love watching cartoons, anime, playing videogames, etc. For example, Chowder, Invader Zim, Dexter's Lab, Samuari Jack, and Many more. Now, pouring your voice into a character, to me, would be awesome.

So, now that I see that, I wonder if I should try voice training and stuff, because that would be an awesome career. I only hope I don't suck at it. I do know my voice can be funny (when I am not trying to be funny).

Tact
Sep 14, 2008, 07:29 PM
Wow, your mother called without even asking you about it. :disapprove:

Voice acting would be cool. I don't see why people need training for that kind of thing, though. Be sure to tell us all about your experiences.

Ranmaru
Sep 14, 2008, 07:54 PM
I know. :disapprove: But, if I become a Voice actor, I would forgive, and give her credit for that. :wacko:

Yes, as of now, I am just looking into things. Well, I would think for me, a person who never acted much, would need that stuff to know where I am at and see how I can progress. Now that I think of it, it seems way better than anything I would be studying for in college, you know? If there was anything to help me with that, I would register for that class right away. :3

Tact
Sep 14, 2008, 07:57 PM
Well, have fun with that. If you get a really lucrative job, don't leave us. :wacko:

Ranmaru
Sep 14, 2008, 08:18 PM
Thank you. :3 Oh I won't.

Adriano
Sep 14, 2008, 08:27 PM
oh hot, you'll be that super genius girl in no time! :wacko:

Ranmaru
Sep 14, 2008, 09:16 PM
I should try a voice like that. :wacko: Thats any mans dreams. Methinks

Scrub
Sep 14, 2008, 09:36 PM
IF YOU GET INTO VOICE ACTING.

DON'T BE ONE OF THOSE VOICE ACTORS WHO USES THE SAME FUCKING VOICE WITH EVERY GOD DAMN CHARACTER THEY VOICE.

ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE IN LIKE 50% OF THE SHIT I WATCH RGH.

Ranmaru
Sep 14, 2008, 09:54 PM
I see, can you give me an example? (like give me a show, then i would know what you mean)

Thanks for the advice. :wacko:

Weeaboolits
Sep 14, 2008, 09:59 PM
It's more than out of the park!

Ranmaru
Sep 14, 2008, 10:11 PM
Hmmm, I bet. I bet it would be quite difficult. But I would grin and bear it. or bare it. whateva.

Shadowpawn
Sep 14, 2008, 10:33 PM
IF YOU GET INTO VOICE ACTING.

DON'T BE ONE OF THOSE VOICE ACTORS WHO USES THE SAME FUCKING VOICE WITH EVERY GOD DAMN CHARACTER THEY VOICE.

Scrub should always speak in ALL CAPS from now on. It's awesome.

Ranmaru
Sep 14, 2008, 10:43 PM
He should also use periods instead of commas.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 15, 2008, 01:28 AM
Steven Jay Blum has 50 names and 50 names of characters and 50 voices and yeah.
He's the man.

Hope you beat out the fakeys whom are the actors/models/rappers/singers/fashion designers when in reality they are batting 0.000 since they don't have the skills to pay the bills.

And if this one audition doesn't work, don't give it up - go get whatever training you would need and then go get a better round of auditions under your belt.

Tact
Sep 15, 2008, 05:26 AM

Maybe you should, you know, watch other things if this annoys you so much.