PDA

View Full Version : My day on Team Fortress 2.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 16, 2008, 12:47 AM
It was a 2fort game. Surprizingly, there were several people with mics. (That's rather rare on the PS3 version.) about 5 people including me. Two of them were involved in a Sentry Battle. (Basicly, they built despensers, then sentries on each side, so the despenser blocked it. After the sentry was built, they blew up the despenser)

We then went on to all swich to Engineer and built all our shit in a pile. We got bored, tried (and failed) to get in the Cow Area.
Then went onto the top of the bridge in the middle and built everything again. At this point, people were starting to join, and we decided to have some fun. We went into their base, right in the heart where the Intel' is kept. Someone always held it so no one else could capture it. We had about 4 Enginneer's, and 2 Heavy's. We put all our Despensers in a pile in the back, and our sentries in various areas in the room.

It turned into this glorious mash of dead bodies and bullets. Every once in a while some spies would try to go Solid Snake and kill our sentries, but we killed them quickly.
Some of them finally got the idea to use their Ubercharge, but we killed them the first time they tried before they used it, and kind of gave up on that. (I assume they didn't have mics, so they weren't very organized)

And then someone put a portal that goes up into the room with the chairs and such above the Intel' room. Half our team went in, got stuck, then someone finally made a portal out. (After we had lost most of our build-ables no less)

After about 2 hours or so, we got bored of goofing off, and scored the last point on our side.

There was this one guy who was there from the very start. He must of been holding a real grudge aganst us, beacuse he stayed there the whole time, trying to take us out. I mean the whole two hours.

Moral of the story kids respectable aduilts: GET A FUCKIN' MIC!

beatrixkiddo
Sep 16, 2008, 01:20 AM
lol console TF2 :[

I spent 3 hours tonight playing pc ver ;o so much better

Chuck_Norris
Sep 16, 2008, 01:24 AM
Yes, yes it is :disapprove: We don't even have a boot system :<

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 16, 2008, 01:49 AM
What PS3 game comes with a mic again?

So the non mics can have no excuse in this thread about where to buy. ;o

Chuck_Norris
Sep 16, 2008, 02:06 AM
As far as I know, none. But it should come with the PS3! :disapprove:

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 16, 2008, 02:40 AM
Ya?

I saw one that comes with one at the One store with the logo like this: @

Bullseye. Target. Online only PSTriple game, with some sort of aeroplanes, corner of the box said:
"Includes PS3 bluetooths headset"

;o?

Candor
Sep 16, 2008, 02:56 AM
[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/CandorLupis/tf2/tf2-sentry.jpg[/spoiler-box]

One of my favorite things to do in TF2, and yes it's better when you have mics. If we ever get our server back up I'll have Spike post the ip here.

I love it when they try to uber

Chuck_Norris
Sep 16, 2008, 10:55 AM
[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/CandorLupis/tf2/tf2-sentry.jpg[/spoiler-box]

One of my favorite things to do in TF2, and yes it's better when you have mics. If we ever get our server back up I'll have Spike post the ip here.

In our game, we were Red in the BLUE base. :wacko:

Tact
Sep 16, 2008, 02:29 PM

Speaking of Ubercharge, does anybody ever use the Kritzkrieg? I mean, you can't get much better than total invulnerability.

Candor
Sep 16, 2008, 08:02 PM
Speaking of Ubercharge, does anybody ever use the Kritzkrieg? I mean, you can't get much better than total invulnerability.

that screenshot was taken before they started adding the new weapons, so even being invulnerable didn't help them. The sheer number of bullets and rockets prevented them from entering the room beyond that point. then the uber would wear off...

@ Chuck_Norris: Yea that's always the logical next step, when we were there we'd take turns picking up and dropping their intel, just to remind them.

Para
Sep 16, 2008, 08:06 PM
lol console TF2 :[

I spent 3 hours tonight playing pc ver ;o so much better

quoted for the truth.

SCRUB PYRO!

Tact
Sep 16, 2008, 08:35 PM
that screenshot was taken before they started adding the new weapons, so even being invulnerable didn't help them. The sheer number of bullets and rockets prevented them from entering the room beyond that point. then the uber would wear off...

Sorry, but that doesn't really answer my question. Do you see a lot of Medics using the Kritzkrieg Medigun instead of the normal one?

Candor
Sep 16, 2008, 08:40 PM
Sorry, but that doesn't really answer my question. Do you see a lot of Medics using the Kritzkrieg Medigun instead of the normal one?

fraid i can't answer that as i haven't played since the new updates (meant to say that), but from my experience as a medic i can say i probably won't use it. Once the enemy sees those crits you'll become their prime target. the invul uber (dunno name) is also nice for running away with intel, i'd just stand in doorways or as a human shield and prevent people from retrieving it.

Tact
Sep 16, 2008, 08:44 PM
I think the normal Medigun is just called the Medigun. :wacko:

beatrixkiddo
Sep 16, 2008, 08:45 PM
I've only unlocked one weapon, Blutsauger.

I'm almost to the first Pyro unlock though! I never really liked Pyro before, but the compression blast is so awesome I've discovered a new love for Pyro. I'm a big fan of reflecting projectiles, as anyone who has played my Lucas in Brawl knows :3

TalHex
Sep 16, 2008, 08:47 PM
i like countering shit in brawl, one of my friends put a sticky bomb on me once and i even countered that

Tact
Sep 16, 2008, 08:48 PM
I would know, except I haven't played Brawl in months. :wacko:

Also, how does Lucas reflect projectiles? Do his and Ness's forward Smash attacks reflect projectiles now?

beatrixkiddo
Sep 16, 2008, 08:49 PM
Lucas's forward smash has reflected always, dunno about Ness's.