PDA

View Full Version : PSU Lock Please.

xBladeM6x
Sep 16, 2008, 12:36 PM
People took what i originally said and turned it completely backwards, so yeah. Lock Please.

sephiroth115
Sep 16, 2008, 12:42 PM
I agree 100%. something new and useful comes out, i.e.:Red Knight. and its OMG I gotta have it, here's 3 stacks and a (insert high dollar weapon us "common folks" don't have)

DreXxiN
Sep 16, 2008, 12:45 PM
Actually, the stars don't have much to do with it.

Doing Mad Creatures S for Dori boards to fail for Paural for a Granahadorac board that drops 15 times a day is much easier to find than mats for a Shinowa Line, a Storm Line, and sure as hell easier to get than Mugunruk boards, etc.

Mugunruk is the prime example of a 10* item being stupidly hard to get still, lol.

sephiroth115
Sep 16, 2008, 12:48 PM
They need to up the success % of certain items. bc the economy sucks it takes more money to have a chance at making high star items

xBladeM6x
Sep 16, 2008, 12:49 PM
Actually, the stars don't have much to do with it.

It does though, for the whole purpose of there being a difference between 10-12*'s and 13-15*'s. And so people stop saying "OMFG SOMEONE HAS MEH RARZ I WORKED SO HARD FOR! RAAAAAAAAAGGEEEEE" Also it would make more sense for them to separate the *'s. Since that is what they did with all the other Ranks/ *'s

rayner
Sep 16, 2008, 01:28 PM
I think the problem lies in the costs of materials now instead of boards and such... take a Storm line board... worth about 100K... it's a great Armor... 4 slots. But 20 Nanopolymers... at 150K - 175K each = 3m - 3.5m. If you get anything less than 30% it's not worth the cost of the materials. You can also fail it... at 76% I failed 1 of 2 that I had saved the polymers for just from farming Sleeping Warriors. It's kinda like a lottery these days... if you get a 50% of any Hunter Weapon, or Stormline / Serafi-Senba then you're set...

Goldania / Diad, Walna, Polymers & Catilium are way overpriced... if you find a board and want to make something good luck. With the way updates are coming there is a high population that hunt for said item, then find the next best, and dump their existing weapons / armor... basically plumeting the price, when we get NEW S-Rank armor with 4-slots watch the price of Stormline / Serafi-Senba fall within a week.

Powder Keg
Sep 16, 2008, 01:30 PM
"I need the game altered because I can't get what I need easily"

Costa
Sep 16, 2008, 01:32 PM
It's nought to do with the ease of getting the items. It's just the fact that there is something wrong with the economy when half the time the mats for an item cost more than the item itself. By all means continue to sell weapons at ludicrous prices (maybe not as ludicrous) if the board is rare, but c'mon people, materials are materials. They shouldn't cost anywhere near as much as the items they make.

Powder Keg
Sep 16, 2008, 01:38 PM
It's nought to do with the ease of getting the items. It's just the fact that there is something wrong with the economy when half the time the mats for an item cost more than the item itself. By all means continue to sell weapons at ludicrous prices (maybe not as ludicrous) if the board is rare, but c'mon people, materials are materials. They shouldn't cost anywhere near as much as the items they make.

The community is to blame for that. If people were running missions other than White Beast, other materials would be much easier to come by.

What items aren't around in White Beast?

Walnas
Goldania
Morbinia

3 of your most expensive and least available items right now. If people ran other missions every once in a while, it wouldn't be as bad. Back when Moatoob GBR was around, the prices of Goldania and Morbinia were much lower than they are now.

Cracka_J
Sep 16, 2008, 01:45 PM

Call me an ass if you like, but that pretty much sums this thread up.

I was writing a much more detailed and drawn out response, but artea just hit the nail on the head. The market will be the market...it's supply vs demand. Altering type information won't change the rule of supply vs demand, and it won't alter the economy. It'll just remove restrictions and make the game more noob friendly...and we do not need more easymode.

rayner
Sep 16, 2008, 01:48 PM
The community is to blame for that. If people were running missions other than White Beast, other materials would be much easier to come by.

What items aren't around in White Beast?

Walnas
Goldania
Morbinia

3 of your most expensive and least available items right now. If people ran other missions every once in a while, it wouldn't be as bad. Back when Moatoob GBR was around, the prices of Goldania and Morbinia were much lower than they are now.

This is SO true... I run Mad Creatures S2 just to find Goldania... and the Par Walna. But when the Materials are what we are looking for instead of say Boards something is still wrong. Even with the constant spam of White Beast S2... 2 chances for Neu Walna a piece... it should not still be selling for 100K. I remember when assorted Walna was 50K - 60K each and I thought that was high.

Inazuma
Sep 16, 2008, 01:55 PM
the problem w/ the economy is that there are many items worth over 100m meseta, and we are unable to buy/sell/trade them w/o risk and hassle. i forgot who it was, but someone posted an excellent idea on the official eng psu boards.

basically they suggested ST modify all meseta in the game (including the players' meseta, npc values, monster drops, player shop prices, everything) so its a % lower. so lets say they lower all meseta values by 10x. a player who has 1 billion meseta would have 100m. the red knight thats worth 500m would be 50m instead. the monster who drops 10k meseta would drop 1k, etc. seems like a really good and viable solution to me.

DeZZ
Sep 16, 2008, 02:02 PM
The problem with that idea Inazuma is that while you may be lowering the amount that an item will cost, you are reducing the amount of meseta you will be receiving, thus not solving the problem of not enough meseta for good items. Yes, in time, item prices will drop, but if the meseta is nerfed, then the problem remains the same, did I explain this correctly?

xBladeM6x
Sep 16, 2008, 02:06 PM
LOL Uhm No... I was saying that for the sake of consistency. 3*'s per rank. Trust me, i need no help on my weapons.

C rank - 1-3*
B Rank - 4-6*
A Rank - 7-9*
S Rank - 10-15*? It should be 10-12*

^ This is my point.

And also what you said is COMPLETELY opposite as to what i meant. I was saying 13-15*'s should be VERY hard to find since 10-12*'s are becoming WAYY to common.

Inazuma
Sep 16, 2008, 02:10 PM
The problem with that idea Inazuma is that while you may be lowering the amount that an item will cost, you are reducing the amount of meseta you will be receiving, thus not solving the problem of not enough meseta for good items. Yes, in time, item prices will drop, but if the meseta is nerfed, then the problem remains the same, did I explain this correctly?

if no one could afford the expensive items, they wouldnt cost that much. do you know about supply and demand?

lets say i have a red knight and i wanna sell it for 500m meseta. well, there are some players who have that money and are willing to pay it, so it will sell. but if that wasnt the case, id be forced to lower the price until someone could buy it. the problem solves itself.

the idea i mentioned doesnt really reduce the amount of meseta you will recieve, b/c it lowers the price of items at the exact same rate. so in the case of the 500m red knight, it would only cost 50m after the adjustment. gathering 50m meseta would be exactly the same difficulty as gathering 500m was before it. get it now?

*edit* i read over your post again and i think i understand what you are saying. in that case, you have a problem w/ many players wanting the best items. 50% weps, serafisenba, red knight, etc. the reason you cant afford these items is b/c there are many other players like you who want them, thus driving up the cost. on the jp ver, armasline (probably the best armor in the game) recently started to drop MUCH more often than before. maybe about 10 times as much as it did before. the price for an armasline board prior to this was 60m. after it became 10x more common, do you think the price dropped to 6m? hell no, its 40m 0_0 every single player wants tons of these boards and are willing to pay big bux for em, so the price is still very high. unless you play psu like crazy and earn tons of meseta like the top players do, you wont be able to afford the very best items.

S4CT4L1TY
Sep 16, 2008, 02:13 PM
Hmmmm the best solution for the overpriced mats would be to put a white beast on moatoob and parum lol imagine relics and caves white beasts jk but honestly with enough dedication tou can find the mats if you hunt long enough and the for all the noobs "patience is a virtue" ^^

S4CT4L1TY
Sep 16, 2008, 02:14 PM
the idea i mentioned doesnt really reduce the amount of meseta you will recieve, b/c it lowers the price of items at the exact same rate. so in the case of the 500m red knight, it would only cost 50m after the adjustment. gathering 50m meseta would be exactly the same difficulty as gathering 500m was before it. get it now?

so you want the game to go back to V.1 ^^; basicaly

Inazuma
Sep 16, 2008, 02:24 PM
so you want the game to go back to V.1 ^^; basicaly
and whats wrong w/ that? not only were we dealing w/ smaller numbers (thats a good thing) but it was possible to buy/sell any item in the game.

DeZZ
Sep 16, 2008, 02:27 PM
Yes, I understand supply and demand. If supply is less than the demand for the item, the item can be sold for more than market average. If supply is higher than the demand for the item, the item cannot be sold for more than market average.
My point is, if it's difficult to raise 500 mill for the 'red/knight' and it's going to be the same difficulty to raise 50 mill for the 'red/knight' after this solution, what's the point? Unless we can reduce the amount that an item costs while maintaining the amount of money we have, prices will stay the same. Increasing the amount of meseta we receive will only drive costs up.
I agree that part of this problem is derived from people who spam one mission, and don't run anything else. It's amazing how much you can find if you just run something else once in a while. This economy will not be fixed as long as players continue to refuse to hunt for mats. It's a seller's market right now, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Cracka_J
Sep 16, 2008, 02:45 PM
People took what i originally said and turned it completely backwards, so yeah. Lock Please.

Hey now, you took the time to write out the essay, and post it.

If you weren't prepared to take the feeback, maybe you should have kept it to yourself.

I really don't think anyone in the thread went out of line.

Powder Keg
Sep 16, 2008, 02:52 PM
LOL Uhm No... I was saying that for the sake of consistency. 3*'s per rank. Trust me, i need no help on my weapons.

C rank - 1-3*
B Rank - 4-6*
A Rank - 7-9*
S Rank - 10-15*? It should be 10-12*

^ This is my point.

And also what you said is COMPLETELY opposite as to what i meant. I was saying 13-15*'s should be VERY hard to find since 10-12*'s are becoming WAYY to common.

Your original post was edited before I even saw it, I was referring to the materials comment.