PDA

View Full Version : Worth playing?

prophetx
Sep 16, 2008, 03:51 PM
I played PSU in beta and when it came out
(Also played PSO at lvl 120+)

Does PSU still have a player base and would it be worth starting again?

EMPYREAN
Sep 16, 2008, 04:49 PM
well, the pc/ps2 has max 1 1/2 star on uni 2 at prime time(gmt 1) so if u want alot of ppl around u go to 360.

is it worth it?
honestly, i dont know any longer.

soolayah
Sep 16, 2008, 05:55 PM
I think it's worth it if you can find a couple of people to run random missions with regularly.
PSU is a lot of fun when I play with my friends, but it gets old pretty fast whenever I play with randoms.

Try it and see if you like it. Just don't get too disappointed with how sega maintains the game. :wacko:

Inazuma
Sep 16, 2008, 07:00 PM
the best ver of psu is the jp pc ver. of course if you dont know any jp, you may want to avoid it but its worth mentioning.

Turb0
Sep 16, 2008, 07:05 PM
I still have fun with it, although I don't play as much as I used to because I have 3 pretty decently leveled characters and a 4th that's getting there, there's no specific item that I really want now, and I hardly ever feel like hunting. When I sign on now, I usually just sit around in lobbies talking to friends and probably average 1 mission for every 2 hours. You have a while to go before you run into that though, so if you enjoyed the beta I'd suggest picking it up. It's a lot of fun when you first start getting into it and we have an event coming up in...TBA (a month and a half, maybe?) that we can look forward to.

Proff
Sep 16, 2008, 07:44 PM
I played for nearly 2 years and I gotta say... I don't really think so. There are a lot of good MMO's out right now, I'd pick one over this.

Alastor_Haven
Sep 16, 2008, 08:08 PM
Meh..

Mixed feeling's

A great game...

That's incomplete - Meaning give us a fucking update that won't BORE us in a week

But I have some faith in SEGA

So yeah it's still worth if you have a bunch of friends supporting you and such

Tetsaru
Sep 16, 2008, 08:12 PM
To sum it up, the game is really fun; most people just hate Sega's god-awful management of everything. Just make sure you get the expansion, Ambition of the Illuminus, otherwise you'll be missing out on what most people are doing now. I'd also recommend getting the PC version.

Syl
Sep 16, 2008, 08:12 PM
It's pretty much friends that keep me entertained. I love the game, it just kinda dies out on you when there's nothing to do (though, there's always something to do).

I'd give it a shot though, this game is pretty unique.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 16, 2008, 08:20 PM
The free period before you get on should be enough for you to find out if you like online play, assuming you buy the game for $10 somewhere.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 16, 2008, 09:33 PM
The free period before you get on should be enough for you to find out if you like online play, assuming you buy the game for $10 somewhere.
There is no real free period.

I'd say PSU is worth playing, at least until you see what there is to see. But you may get tired of it rather quickly.

Neobeast
Sep 16, 2008, 09:42 PM
I'm also a PSO veteran who just recently got into putting serious time into PSU, and I don't regret it one bit. I'm thoroughly headcrabbed by this game and haven't enjoyed gaming in general this much in a LONG time.

So yeah, I'd say it's definitely worth it.