PDA

View Full Version : Archaeologists discover ancient lazer

astuarlen
Sep 16, 2008, 08:26 PM
So I was in my Mesoamerican art history lecture today, and I saw this monument from Chalcatzingo and immediately thought:
[spoiler-box]
http://www.kerrybarnett.com/misc/chalcatzingomahlazer.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
It's almost too perfect to be coincidental.

TalHex
Sep 16, 2008, 08:26 PM
Ancient Lazor will melt your faces off!

Sord
Sep 16, 2008, 08:31 PM
guess what guys, all modern religions are wrong, the ancient south americans were right

Candor
Sep 16, 2008, 08:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/CandorLupis/random/melt4tcxf61qd0.gif

whatever you do don't open your eyes!

SpikeOtacon
Sep 16, 2008, 08:32 PM
They're always a few hundred years ahead of us.

TalHex
Sep 16, 2008, 08:34 PM
indeed... modern religion is so... boring... norse is good, kill lots of enemies and when you die you will go to the great mead hall in the sky

Tact
Sep 16, 2008, 08:38 PM
I'll be fine, as long as I don't end up in the Aztec religion. In that one, your afterlife is solely based on your cause of death.

Sord
Sep 16, 2008, 08:41 PM
indeed... modern religion is so... boring... norse is good, kill lots of enemies and when you die you will go to the great mead hall in the sky

sounds similar to islamic extremist, except 70 something virgins instead of mead

TalHex
Sep 16, 2008, 08:44 PM
aye and its less about forcing your belief down other people's throats and more about plunder... i love vikings, of course when ragnarok comes everyone is screwed anyways, today since you can't go around plundering villages it pretty much just comes down to live life to its fullest and don't regret anything... i personally think thats about as deep as religion should get, just be happy with your life and live each day like its your last

Sord
Sep 16, 2008, 08:47 PM
aye and its less about forcing your belief down other people's throats and more about plunder... i love vikings, of course when ragnarok comes everyone is screwed anyways, today since you can't go around plundering villages it pretty much just comes down to live life to its fullest and don't regret anything... i personally think thats about as deep as religion should get, just be happy with your life and live each day like its your last

so you should kill yourself at the end of the day? :wacko:

Tact
Sep 16, 2008, 08:49 PM

That would be the best religion ever, because it would get rid of itself. :wacko:

TalHex
Sep 16, 2008, 08:53 PM

only if your life is a game named Persona 3

Ketchup345
Sep 16, 2008, 08:56 PM
I'll be fine, as long as I don't end up in the Aztec religion. In that one, your afterlife is solely based on your cause of death.I assume warriors had the best afterlife?

Tact
Sep 16, 2008, 08:58 PM
I assume warriors had the best afterlife?

You're right. Warriors and women who died in childbirth got to have the best afterlives. (Yeah, I read Cracked and I am using it as a source. Its accuracy is questionable, but it's still funny.)

Chuck_Norris
Sep 16, 2008, 09:10 PM
So what would happen to someone who say; died on the toilet?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 18, 2008, 02:50 AM
Mesoamericans > E-American memes? (via who came first)

Did ast lol inside her head or chuckle slightly aloud?

The FKL must know. :yes:

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 01:25 PM
there's a lot of weird things in mesoamerican art... the aztecs seemed to have an unusual amount of pokeballs in their art...

the Norse religion actually kind of sucks... their deities are complete jackasses. they'll make a deal with someone, that person upholds their end, then they kill them so they don't have to uphold their end. that's pretty much the gist of every norse legend save the ones that involve loki. so Thor kills Skadi's father and all the have to do if give her a marriage that they know will never work out, but Loki kills (or rather tricks Hrod into killing) Baldur, and it's on? Thor and Odin betrayed more trust than Loki ever did. and Baldur wasn't even killed permenatnly!

and no, not everyone is screwed at ragnarok. Baldur, some of thor and odin's children, and two humans will survive. (Baldur will technicly less survive and more come back to life)

same goes with the aztec religion. all the deities are jackasses that require you to drown your children or skin people alive. uh, no. I'm not doing that. sure, being sacrificed was considered an "honorable death", but still. drowning children=unacceptable.

TalHex
Sep 18, 2008, 01:32 PM
pretty much everybody is screwed by ragnorak...

Tact
Sep 18, 2008, 02:35 PM
Okay, how about this?

All religions say that something will happen that will screw everybody over. :wacko:

TalHex
Sep 18, 2008, 02:42 PM
does buddhism have one?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 18, 2008, 02:46 PM
does buddhism have one?
Give up all personal belongings for enlightenment.

That's a type of screw you over, I suppose.
But also a grand tug of war to prove you're not a petty Rockefeller guilty of being owned by things.

Tact
Sep 18, 2008, 02:46 PM
I don't know. Maybe Buddha will come down and challenge everyone to sumo wrestling. :wacko:

TalHex
Sep 18, 2008, 03:12 PM
oh god! nobody would survive!

Tact
Sep 18, 2008, 04:52 PM
oh god! nobody would survive!

And that is exactly my point. :wacko:

All religions have some sort of apocalypse.

Sord
Sep 18, 2008, 07:32 PM
Give up all personal belongings for enlightenment.

That's a type of screw you over, I suppose.
But also a grand tug of war to prove you're not a petty Rockefeller guilty of being owned by things.

ehhhh, not quite right. the point is to walk the middle path, in between having the luxuries and not having them.

ShinMaruku
Sep 18, 2008, 08:04 PM
Then you and your patrons die. Read more Norse myth :E

TalHex
Sep 18, 2008, 08:09 PM
i need too... *looks for more books on it*

Solstis
Sep 18, 2008, 08:45 PM
ehhhh, not quite right. the point is to walk the middle path, in between having the luxuries and not having them.

Getting rid of all your items to prove something is a vanity, so Sord is right. Enlightenment is sorta like The Game.

TalHex
Sep 18, 2008, 08:57 PM
damn it! i lost

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 09:55 PM
And that is exactly my point. :wacko:

All religions have some sort of apocalypse.

yeah, but Christians look forward to it.

an apocalypse isn't nessicarily bad. apocalypse dose in fact not mean the end of the word: it means a revealing of that which has been kept hidden. apocalypse has come to mean "the end of the world" because that is usually what is being revealed. (the origional title for the book of revalations was apocalypse if my sources can be trusted. the two words are interchangeable.) the Christian idea of armageddon is not the end of the world: it is the end of evil. huge difference.

Scrub
Sep 18, 2008, 10:18 PM
[spoiler-box]
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/3065/kyraanm008xd6.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 10:23 PM
spoiler that! it's so big it messes with the forum display!

Scrub
Sep 18, 2008, 10:32 PM
What shitty resolution are YOU running at.

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 10:33 PM
I'm not. I can handle it just mine. It's at courtesy of people who can't:-P

Scrub
Sep 18, 2008, 10:35 PM
Letting people use 800x600 is NOT courteous at all.

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 10:40 PM
now you're just acting like a troll. some people have slow connections and big things like that mess with them. it's easier if they're blocked. besides, it's annoying to have to scroll over that big thing. have a little common courtasy.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 10:41 PM
Get a bigger monitor.

Or higher res. ;/

SpikeOtacon
Sep 18, 2008, 10:42 PM
I'm not sure if they have monitors that big on the moon, guys. Jeeze.

Scrub
Sep 18, 2008, 10:43 PM
How the fuck is it discourteous I am showing them that if they had a REAL computer or REAL internet connection or whatever they'd be able to see my beautiful screenshots the way they were fully intended to be.

I don't see what's so difficult about this.

Solstis
Sep 18, 2008, 10:46 PM
How's that there Beta, Scrub?

Or did I miss the full release?

Ranmaru
Sep 18, 2008, 10:54 PM
OMOMONOMONMONOMONOMONOMONOMNOMONOMONMOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOONNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 10:55 PM
Get a bigger monitor.

Or higher res. ;/

as I said, I have a 17-inch macbook pro on high-speed cable connection. MY COMPUTER CAN HANDLE IT. it is just forum courtesy to block an image that huge.

and for the record, "of the moon" is not a denotation of where my fictional character Tensu lives, but of his stance. the moon is a symbol, with the sun representing all that is good, and darkness represnting evil. thus as the moon reflects the light of the sun during the night, Tensu reminds people that goodness still exists at a time when it seems evil's victory is inevitable, and that dawn will come again.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 10:58 PM
and for the record, "of the moon" is not a denotation of where my fictional character Tensu lives, but of his stance. the moon is a symbol, with the sun representing all that is good, and darkness represnting evil. thus as the moon reflects the light of the sun during the night, Tensu reminds people that goodness still exists at a time when it seems evil's victory is inevitable, and that dawn will come again.
/cliche

Also, that picture isn't that big. You want a big picture? I'll give you a big picture.

[spoiler-box]http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/5553/lovemeaq2.jpg[/spoiler-box]

SpikeOtacon
Sep 18, 2008, 10:59 PM

Meanwhile in the Realm of Bisebirchment...

I has a macbook pro too ;_;

Boogie Troll
Sep 18, 2008, 10:59 PM

Yeah, but can he see the reason why kid's like the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 11:00 PM
Spoiler: Star Gladiator sucks.

Ranmaru
Sep 18, 2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah, but can he see the reason why kid's like the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

I don't think so. He is blind.

Weeaboolits
Sep 18, 2008, 11:14 PM
as I said, I have a 17-inch macbook pro on high-speed cable connection. MY COMPUTER CAN HANDLE IT. it is just forum courtesy to block an image that huge.

and for the record, "of the moon" is not a denotation of where my fictional character Tensu lives, but of his stance. the moon is a symbol, with the sun representing all that is good, and darkness represnting evil. thus as the moon reflects the light of the sun during the night, Tensu reminds people that goodness still exists at a time when it seems evil's victory is inevitable, and that dawn will come again.The moon is a symbol of crushing Termina every three days.

Ranmaru
Sep 18, 2008, 11:26 PM
Yesh, and did you know, you can REVERSE time to the first day if you play the song of time backwards, and if you play each note twice, you can go FORWARD in time! :wacko:

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 11:34 PM
I don't think so. He is blind.

no, he's not.

and what is star gladiator?

Ranmaru
Sep 18, 2008, 11:36 PM
no, he's not.

and what is star gladiator?

YES, HE IS.

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 11:37 PM
how the heck would you know?

Ranmaru
Sep 18, 2008, 11:40 PM
CUZ I GOT MY FACTS STRAIGHT YOU KNOB

Boogie Troll
Sep 18, 2008, 11:41 PM
If he represents that daytime is around the corner and you live in the desert, isn't that a bad thing?

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 11:42 PM
no, you didn't. the only thing you know about Tensu is why his name is followed by "of the moon". you know nothing else. and I, as the creator of the character, assure you, he is not blind. you are just flaming now.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 18, 2008, 11:45 PM
How the fuck is it discourteous I am showing them that if they had a REAL computer or REAL internet connection or whatever they'd be able to see my beautiful screenshots the way they were fully intended to be.

I don't see what's so difficult about this.

Dude, no need to be a jackass. >_>

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 11:45 PM
Get out.

Scrub
Sep 18, 2008, 11:55 PM
Solstis, I was in the open beta and shit, but the game actually just came out today(yesterday technically since it's past midnight).

Though if you preordered you got to start a few days ahead so Im already like Rank 15. Shit is pretty fun.

Tensu of the moon
Sep 18, 2008, 11:58 PM
If he represents that daytime is around the corner and you live in the desert, isn't that a bad thing?

yeah. funny how in my writing, all deaserts are inhabted by the wicked;-)

actually, that wasn't intetional at all. it's just a happy conisidence.

like how I accidentily named the false deity of my story's race of slaughtering rat people "Blorch".

(invader zim fans will get it.)

astuarlen
Sep 19, 2008, 12:16 AM
Dear fools (you don't know who you are):
`\-`\

Tact
Sep 19, 2008, 05:21 AM
like how I accidentily named the false deity of my story's race of slaughtering rat people "Blorch".

(invader zim fans will get it.)

"Oh, my, you've grown. We were going to send you to Blorch, planet of the slaughtering rat-people, but now we're sending you to the planet with the universe's most comfortable armchair."

"Yes!" *goes off with glee, next one comes up*

"...Could you BE any shorter? You have been assigned to Blorch, planet of the slaughtering rat-people."

Solstis
Sep 19, 2008, 08:11 AM
Dear fools (you don't know who you are):
`\-`\

*_-

Stupid laser cats.

raikomaru40
Sep 19, 2008, 10:18 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/yang23/LaserCats.jpg

CrimsomWolf
Sep 19, 2008, 11:05 AM
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Sergeant_Grif/motivator8913597.jpg