PDA

View Full Version : PSU Population Increase Idea

xBladeM6x
Sep 17, 2008, 08:02 PM
For those of you who go to the demo to laugh at the pr0n sellers, you probably have noticed that the servers over there are actually more populated than they are on the real servers, on a daily basis. Almost by double.

Population Increase Idea:

Delete the ability to download the Demo entirely and put up another download able application that allows you to download the original PSU v1 or erase the data on the Demo and re-route the connection to the real servers. (JP PC/PS2 Servers allowed a FULL download for PSU v1 just recently for free, so there is no reason for them not to do it here.)

From there, allow players to play a 1 Month Free Trial with all the paid subscription players on the full game. The colors for names around the game would look something like this:

PSU v1 Players: White
PSU: AOI Players: Yellow/Gold
PSU Demo Players: -Insert Random Color-

Anyways, even if they download the AOI pack, they will still show as a Demo player.

Rights Of a Demo Player:

- Not allowed to use shops.
- Not allowed to use trades with PSU v1 and PSU: AOI players.
- Set restrictions on what ranks/weapons they can pick up.
- Presents can not be left in a Demo player's room.
- Everything else is fair game.

Because they had limited rights on the Demo, they should only be allowed limited rights on the full game as well. At least until they subscribe. If they subscribe without purchasing AOI, then they earn the full rights of a PSU v1 player. Until subscription, they have the rights of a PSU v1 player but with the added restrictions mentioned above.

- Not allowed to use shops.

Reasoning for no shops is because there would be so many new people at once, that they would be buying everything from player shops like crazy, and who's to say they play for the month and then subscribe? They might not, so if they don't It would be completely unfair for them to purchase something from the economy of the real players and potentially mess it up. Image if a high level with 99999999 Meseta gives a Demo player that kind of money and they buy something like a 46% Carriguine-Rucar, and then they don't subscribe. Goodbye forever Rucar.

- Not allowed to use trades with PSU v1 and PSU: AOI players.

Just don't allow the function. Just like PSU v1 players can't do with PSU AOI players.

- Set restrictions on what ranks/weapons they can pick up.

And i know, there is the whole issue of "What if they party with someone from the real game, and they drop something good for the Demo player?". Well set a restriction on to what weapons they can and cannot pick up.

- Presents can not be left in a Demo player's room.

For the sake of a high level player trying to give one of their Demo player friends something nice, when they know they are not allowed to. They will try a way around the system anyways. Well this would be implamented for the reason of not being able to have a way around "Not being able to pick something up".

Event Rules:

In the occasion that there is an event happening like MAG for example, until a Demo player subscribes, they are not granted access into it. Subscribers only.

Seasonal Monster Drops:

Again falling into the:

- Set restrictions on what ranks/weapons they can pick up

They should only be allowed to pick up what SEGA deems worth of picking up.

When Subscribed:

They will gain access to whichever version they are playing with. PSU v1 or PSU: AOI. Also they will keep any or all items obtained while on their Demo subscription.

Gamertag Rules:

- Only allowed to play a Demo month one time per gamertag.

This being so that people don't just go on the real game and cause drama and problems because they know they can get away with it.

Anyways, If there is anything i missed, please post your idea's adding to mine. If you had the patience to read this entire post, well then awesome. :-D Thanks for the support! And constructive idea's are welcome!

beatrixkiddo
Sep 17, 2008, 08:06 PM
Sounds good but I don't think they could even implement something like this.

xBladeM6x
Sep 17, 2008, 08:22 PM
Sounds good but I don't think they could even implement something like this.
It would be cool though wouldn't it? :D

gryphonvii
Sep 17, 2008, 08:35 PM
It would be cool though wouldn't it? :D

those words had led to some of the most horrific things in human society, I'll let you ponder on what those might be.

xBladeM6x
Sep 17, 2008, 08:36 PM
those words had led to some of the most horrific things in human society, I'll let you ponder on what those might be.
LOL... Good Times, Goooood Times... :-D

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2008, 01:35 AM
Population wil rise when people stop giving bad rap towards Sega, and Sega ST starts doing their job.

Ethateral
Sep 18, 2008, 07:28 AM
It's all a matter of if Segac would even do it. It's a really nice idea. It'd help boost the population. It might be just too much work for our Segac to do. *Pats little Segac's head* <3 Maybe they could pull through with something like this though. :3

joefro
Sep 18, 2008, 08:25 AM
Basically, you want the demo players to be on our servers? I think the reason so many people play the demo is because they feel that there isn't enough content to justify a ten dollar per month fee. I do think that they need a one month free trial, of the full game, AotI included.

Ethateral
Sep 18, 2008, 08:29 AM
Or many demo players just can't afford it? I knew many back in the day that couldn't afford it. Just minus all the people wanting to sell pr0n. They don't need to join. <3

xBladeM6x
Sep 18, 2008, 09:17 AM
Basically, you want the demo players to be on our servers? I think the reason so many people play the demo is because they feel that there isn't enough content to justify a ten dollar per month fee. I do think that they need a one month free trial, of the full game, AotI included.
Think about it this way, they come, see the HUGE difference, subscribe, play, and SEGA gets to take down all their Demo Servers. 40!! Universes worth >.>

shadowsniper6
Sep 18, 2008, 10:09 AM
Think about it this way, they come, see the HUGE difference, subscribe, play, and SEGA gets to take down all their Demo Servers. 40!! Universes worth >.>

lol they do have 40 universes lol we have what 30 i mean 28 lol did we get the 13 and 14 universes back? anyway cool idea

jobber
Sep 18, 2008, 10:22 AM
For those of you who go to the demo to laugh at the pr0n sellers, you probably have noticed that the servers over there are actually more populated than they are on the real servers, on a daily basis. Almost by double.

Anyways, If there is anything i missed, please post your idea's adding to mine. If you had the patience to read this entire post, well then awesome. :-D Thanks for the support! And constructive idea's are welcome!

w t f this is the worst thing I've read in weeks.

you must not play much but if the server has 2 full universes, everyone gets lag.

I don't want any demo players near me. If you think boss booting, begging, and spam is bad now, it's 10 times worst on the demo.

JAFO22000
Sep 18, 2008, 10:27 AM
I think they need to fix the robot memory leak issue before implementing any new changes.

xBladeM6x
Sep 18, 2008, 11:44 AM
After sending my ticket, this was my response. It's good enough for me! http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hi -------,

Thanks for writing in - this is definitely an interesting idea. After reading it, the ideas are definitely ones may at the least get seen internally, though I can also confirm that the more intricate stuff (demo players getting onto the paid servers, then getting special names and having limited privileges, etc) is probably not likely, as it would put more of a strain on the development team, and we would much rather focus on getting new updates to all our current subscribers than potentially stalling them in that way.

I noticed you've also posted this on the PSU forums - it will definitely be read there too, and if anything comes about of it in the future, I'll let you know.

Best regards, and thanks again for the ideas!

- Aaron

PSU Support

Thanks Ruby!!! http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ethateral
Sep 18, 2008, 02:41 PM
w t f this is the worst thing I've read in weeks.

you must not play much but if the server has 2 full universes, everyone gets lag.

I don't want any demo players near me. If you think boss booting, begging, and spam is bad now, it's 10 times worst on the demo.

Even if we were to get demo players, doesn't mean you HAVE to play with them or TALK to them. It's as simple as pushing up on your keyboard/controller and going into the counter.

Oh believe me, he plays more than enough. We can play with MORE than 2 universes full. Twas something called maintenance that fixed it right up. <3

Shinko
Sep 18, 2008, 03:06 PM
After sending my ticket, this was my response. It's good enough for me! http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hi -------,

Thanks for writing in - this is definitely an interesting idea. After reading it, the ideas are definitely ones may at the least get seen internally, though I can also confirm that the more intricate stuff (demo players getting onto the paid servers, then getting special names and having limited privileges, etc) is probably not likely, as it would put more of a strain on the development team, and we would much rather focus on getting new updates to all our current subscribers than potentially stalling them in that way.

I noticed you've also posted this on the PSU forums - it will definitely be read there too, and if anything comes about of it in the future, I'll let you know.

Best regards, and thanks again for the ideas!

- Aaron

PSU Support

Thanks Ruby!!! http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

O.o wow. maybe i should start tell them my ideas.
... did think they really would pay it any mind so i didnt try but i may now....