PDA

View Full Version : AotI Has this ever happened to you???

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 18, 2008, 10:51 AM
I'm pretty sure someone has done this before but.....I want to see if others been through this.

Ok just to make it simple....
You make a character(regardless of name) and later on in time you come into a party where a person "claims" you stole the characters name...and if they are the leader,they boot you for it...well some do......

I think its funny when people do that...It's just a game....now unless u literally copied someone's name.....that could be looked at. I've seen the same names thousand of times :P

Like for example
My female beast is named Charybdis
My femal cast is named Calypso

And for those who are curious where i got those from....I got the names from the Odsessey.
I liked the movie and the story when i saw/read them in Middle school.

In fact....those two names i orginally had from PSO

anywho....I came across some guy who says i stole his name....and he starts cussing me out for it.Mature much? XD Note he wasnt on his so called CHARYBDIS character that time...Then bust him out saying where i got it from and saying unless your the guy who made the book,then the character name isnt urs plus if your trippin bout someone having the same as you on a ONLINE game then you got problems...He friends was laughin at em so then he removed me from party....

I felt accomplished that day XD lol

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Made boy embarrased in front of peers

^_^

milka
Sep 18, 2008, 10:58 AM
Calypso, at least in Brazil is a lolz band.

http://madeinbrazilmag.com/music/bandacalypso-1.jpg

Darius_Drake
Sep 18, 2008, 11:00 AM
I have old normal names. The only name I took from somewhere in another game/movie or book was Sonya (Mortal Kombat).

Cracka_J
Sep 18, 2008, 11:14 AM
I tried to make my character names unique so this would never happen.

It's worked pretty well so far ;)

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 18, 2008, 11:16 AM
Calypso, at least in Brazil is a lolz band.

http://madeinbrazilmag.com/music/bandacalypso-1.jpg

lmao
thats funny

As far as seeing the word "Calypso" the only time i see it is in reference to water. At one point in time you will come across a boat called "Calypso" you know....if you live on the coast coast or somethin....i dont, but when i went to the bahamas, i saw a boat named calypso

BEHOLD!!!! XD the multiple uses for the word "calypso"
lol even the band u was talking bout it on here lmao

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calypso

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charybdis
Unless there is another site.....Charybdis only has one well known definition...the Odyssey ^_^

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 18, 2008, 11:20 AM
I tried to make my character names unique so this would never happen.

It's worked pretty well so far ;)

Yea that is one thing but im kinda bad at making up names so i just did names i did from PSO bsides....he joined WAY after i did.....so technically.....he took the name from me :P naw jk

That happened when i was on my charybdis character tho....but durin GBR i found a calypso character.....and it was a gurl :-o well.........sound like one. But she was cool with it tho ^_^

beatrixkiddo
Sep 18, 2008, 11:47 AM
Never happened to me, but people are ALWAYS asking me what it's from.

Kylie
Sep 18, 2008, 12:08 PM
When I first joined, someone from the same game I had just come from accused me of ripping her style, but that was so long ago that I don't care about it now (I doubt she does either). As for names though, I have the same name as one of Zael's characters (obviously), but I don't think he ever thought was ripping him off. I mean, I hadn't met him prior to PSU, and Kylie's on my birth certificate. :-P

I've only seen one other Elle back when I first started, and I haven't seen another Stud or Libra. I won't rip people off intentionally, and I know I won't, but I'll use whatever name or look I want. If that seems disrespectful, I couldn't care less because it's not to me. Accusing people of jocking your name and / or style is so petty. I'd be more concerned with someone taking my name, and then trying to impersonate me, more so than I would if someone had my name or outfit.

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 18, 2008, 12:11 PM
Never happened to me, but people are ALWAYS asking me what it's from.

Hmmmm hey do u play on the 360 server???cuz i saw ur exact name on there once when i was doing Dancing Bird

beatrixkiddo
Sep 18, 2008, 12:12 PM
:O Nope

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 18, 2008, 12:16 PM
:O Nope

:-o there is an imposter among us....

i walked up to em and asked him"hey arent u from psow" and he said something bout no and being tired of being asked that.....and somethin bout being the real one

where did u get it from????

Must......find out if he has a shop

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Found Imposter lol

beatrixkiddo
Sep 18, 2008, 12:18 PM
rofl, that's funny that people ask him that ;D

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 18, 2008, 12:20 PM
rofl, that's funny that people ask him that ;D

well thats what i thought

hmmm i didnt what was until................>>>>>>>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatrix_Kiddo

XD

I never actaully watched kill bill so.................

So thats why i see alot of people called "Black Mamba" :-o

beatrixkiddo
Sep 18, 2008, 12:23 PM
Yeah most people only saw the first, or saw neither, so people don't get my name reference. As to my character's name, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angra_Mainyu

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 18, 2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah most people only saw the first, or saw neither, so people don't get my name reference. As to my character's name, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angra_Mainyu

Yea....i never seen any of em....all i knew it was some lady that wore yellow killing with a sword :-o
that and they used to make fun of it often on adult swim....like robot chicken

My face went to :-o when i read "Destructive spirit" XD

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 18, 2008, 12:32 PM
I get nagged for having "Bomber" or "LOL STRIFE"
But never for the entire name.

Csero
Sep 18, 2008, 12:50 PM
I try to come up with unique looking names so this never really happens to me. Of course the pitfall is that most people can't pronounce my name.

It's Csero. Like zero but with a "s".

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 18, 2008, 12:59 PM
I try to come up with unique looking names so this never really happens to me. Of course the pitfall is that most people can't pronounce my name.

It's Csero. Like zero but with a "s".

lol when i saw ur name i thinkin that the C was silent
yay for being right lol

Syaoran_69
Sep 18, 2008, 01:05 PM
Never happened to me, I'd be worried if someone else was named "Quantum Pickle?" or "Galactic Strudel" or "Thunder Panda Cake."

Although, I could see one of those lame "Alucard"s or "Sephiroth"s or "Sasuke"s doing that, and it would make me roffle really hard.

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 18, 2008, 01:08 PM
Never happened to me, I'd be worried if someone else was named "Quantum Pickle?" or "Galactic Strudel" or "Thunder Panda Cake."

Although, I could see one of those lame "Alucard"s or "Sephiroth"s or "Sasuke"s doing that, and it would make me roffle really hard.

yea i see that alot

its also funny when they spell it wrong

Like rather then writing "Sasuke Uchiha" they have some like "Sasuke Uchia" Or anythin like that

now i know some people spell it wrong on purpose but ive known people who actually thought it was spelled that way :-o

Powder Keg
Sep 18, 2008, 01:13 PM
Never come across that problem, of course, there are tons of people with the name Dave...but other than that...

Artea came from Lufia, so I wouldn't be shocked to see another one. It's doubtful.

Powder Keg is a nickname I've had since I was like 12, the origin of that is a story that really isn't too funny.

Cybelle I just thought of myself, don't know if it really exists elsewhere or not. Was never good with coming up with names. :X

EMPYREAN
Sep 18, 2008, 01:13 PM
so far no. guess im lucky =P

ErtaiClou
Sep 18, 2008, 03:43 PM
All of my characters(except for my friends who plays on my account) have unique names so not unusual there but one of my pm's is named A.L.I.C.E. and I saw a caseal with the same exact caps, spelling, and peroids. Hers had a different abbreviation when I asked her about it though.

ashley50
Sep 18, 2008, 04:16 PM
no...

Syaoran_69
Sep 18, 2008, 04:29 PM
Looking through this thread made me want to search my characters names in wikipedia. Only one of them had a result.

This is what I found for her. "Mukuro is a Japanese name that means corpse."

Awesome, my beast is a corpse... then what is she supposed to do with all that hp?

Mikura
Sep 18, 2008, 04:41 PM
Well unfortunately, 2 of my 3 characters have names that other people already have, but I'm proud to say that my 3rd and main character has a name that I've NEVER seen anyone else have. Anyone that watches a lot of anime probably knows where I got Mikura from, and Lilith, well...that's a pretty common name I see a lot, but I like it anyway.

Probably the one name I regret the most is Neith. Not because I dislike the name, but because everyone ALWAYS mistakes me for the Neith that posts on PSOW, and it gets tiresome after awhile when people ask me that question. ._. I really wish I could rename her without having to delete her.

Ethateral
Sep 18, 2008, 05:02 PM
I don't have the problem with someone copying my name (Ethateral). That's me and only me. See that name anywhere? That's me, lol. It's a one-of-a-kind. <3

People ask me where it's from. Only a few know it. We'll just say it's from my original characters/story. =P

AweOfShe
Sep 18, 2008, 05:11 PM
I've seen a lot of player shops on characters named Rain, but I've only come across one actual player. We've never gamed before though, so I never got booted. As for Fifth, I met a Fifth before who was also a CAST fT, but male. He never booted me though. He was a pretty cool guy actually. ;o I've never come across another Ava Maria, or 藤原・忍 though. :P

On JP, I came across a レイン but I never talked to him/her. :P

Rakukojin
Sep 18, 2008, 05:20 PM
I've seen a number of acronym names, but I've yet to see another G.O.L.D.

However, I've seen others make names that were a spoof of my main's name (S.I.L.V.E.R., etc) on pso, mind you they admitted my main's name gave them the ideas and we all had a good time of it.

I take pride in that I'm one of the few holders of a char with an acronym for a name that actually means something.