PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Rumor of free PSU?

unicorn
Sep 18, 2008, 09:41 PM
I heard Xbox 360 version of PSU will be free online (no monthly fee) after 2008. However, the price of the game will be going up.

Is this true? My friend told me it. I was thinking about switching to Xbox 360 anyway, but this would be an added bonus (especially since I can buy it cheap right now).

NDW
Sep 18, 2008, 09:45 PM
Why would it be free? You have to pay for the updates for the game and the maintenance of the servers.

Indica
Sep 18, 2008, 09:46 PM
If it's free how would the game go up in price? Games itself never go up in price.

I hope they double the Online fee to $20.00 a month before totally killing the servers so we cant play anymore.

Meta77
Sep 18, 2008, 09:50 PM
Actually psu could be free. ever heard of ads. I mean heck they could post flyers on walls of different products or what not this could replace to implimenting of having to pay for the game. Also is it true that some on the japanese servers dont pay.

Turb0
Sep 18, 2008, 10:14 PM
No. Just no. I think even Ruby himself said this was a false rumor and would pretty much never happen.

unicorn
Sep 18, 2008, 10:27 PM
Why would it be free? You have to pay for the updates for the game and the maintenance of the servers.

And Guild Wars manages to update its servers too.

I hope they double the Online fee to $20.00 a month before totally killing the servers so we cant play anymore.

Thats dumb.

---

Well I guess the rumor is false?

buzyb77
Sep 18, 2008, 10:33 PM
Xbox 360 version of PSU will be free online (no monthly fee) after 2008. However, the price of the game will be going up.

Is this true? My friend told me it. I was thinking about switching to Xbox 360 anyway, but this would be an added bonus (especially since I can buy it cheap right now).

lay off the drugs and tell your friend to do the same PSU will be free only the last month it it is playable if that long....

PSU will NEVER EVER BE free...it is not set up to be a Free mmo...

Maybe next time.

Mracless
Sep 19, 2008, 06:03 AM
It will be free online for both the Xbox 360 and PC/PS2 servers some time in 2009.
Only for one month before they shut down the servers for good though.

Get excited!

Kizeragi
Sep 19, 2008, 06:38 AM
SEGA and "Free game" don't mix well.

Guild Wars =/= PSU.

Para
Sep 19, 2008, 07:24 AM
PSU was free for awhile... didnt atract many new players =/

Arada
Sep 19, 2008, 07:39 AM

It might seem sarcastic but...

Which updates ?
What maintenance ?

I mean, even if it's less true today, they really messed up the update schedule.
And as of maintenance, that's really funny. Wanna talk about the billing site problems ? The lag problems we've had since MAG (sometimes there's horrible lag for everyone for a whole eveninng) ?

So 10$ a month looks like we're overpaying even if the game in itself is quite enjoyable.

Dragwind
Sep 19, 2008, 08:18 AM
Don't count on it. Rumors are false until proven true, and in this case, I don't believe it will ever be free.

(See: PSO after DC v.1)

Morpheo
Sep 20, 2008, 11:30 AM

when was this?

Alastor_Haven
Sep 20, 2008, 11:35 AM
It was during an event -.-

- -

Other then that nah

Never be free haha

Miyuki-chan
Sep 20, 2008, 01:54 PM
It might seem sarcastic but...

Which updates ?
What maintenance ?

I mean, even if it's less true today, they really messed up the update schedule.
And as of maintenance, that's really funny. Wanna talk about the billing site problems ? The lag problems we've had since MAG (sometimes there's horrible lag for everyone for a whole eveninng) ?

So 10$ a month looks like we're overpaying even if the game in itself is quite enjoyable.

And we can't forget the two missing servers on 360 (where are you 13 and 14?) that have been missing since the server move.

Rambo!
Sep 20, 2008, 02:57 PM
Really if you look at it the only thing we really pay for is bandwidth. This game is already complete and on the disc no updates need be made all they do is issue a command to unlock content. We also pay for tech support and customer service, I do think 10 bucks is overpaying but I keep paying every 6 months. The entire game was developed in sega of japan and just translated by Sega of America if I remember correctly.

Alastor_Haven
Sep 20, 2008, 03:21 PM
Correct I'll state it again haha

SoA is a branch of SEGA
SoJ provides the updates and there decisions to SoA
SoA translates it and such along with testing bugs

SoJ and SoA I heard has an uneasy relationship

xD

Kizeragi
Sep 20, 2008, 04:09 PM
Correct I'll state it again haha

SoA is a branch of SEGA
SoJ provides the updates and there decisions to SoA
SoA translates it and such along with testing bugs

SoJ and SoA I heard has an uneasy relationship

xD

Correct.

SoJ and SoA hate each other a bit much though. =x

DraginHikari
Sep 20, 2008, 04:28 PM
Wasn't this debunked a long time ago?

Zarode
Sep 20, 2008, 04:57 PM
Wasn't this debunked a long time ago?

This was debunked since the start of TIME.

Or at least, since PSU was released state-side.

Aeris
Sep 20, 2008, 05:31 PM
It did to me

Para
Sep 20, 2008, 05:46 PM
It did to me

Well delayed welcome to psu ;o

And Im not surprised that SoJ and SoA have poor relationships... Did you guys read the article about SEGA and Peter Moore? I bet that's how it started to sour completely.

McLaughlin
Sep 20, 2008, 06:00 PM

This makes a case for it being free. :/

pikachief
Sep 20, 2008, 09:31 PM

of course not cuz it was only free to people with already existing accounts. the site was messed up so even if new people wanted to join they couldn't until it was no longer free lol

Genoa
Sep 20, 2008, 11:52 PM
SoJ really could care less about anyone outside of Japan. I mean seriously, they don't really NEED us <___>
They're just... "kind" enough to let us poor chaps have the scrumptious crumbs that fall from the table. When new food is dished out, we have to wait for those crumbs to eventually come to us D:

Furches
Sep 21, 2008, 01:29 AM
Um, there is one rule that everyone should follow "A rumor is just that, a rumor, don't believe it unless confirm by Officials. even then it is subject to change"