PDA

View Full Version : Looking for interested writers / video editors

RubyEclipse
Sep 19, 2008, 12:17 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm working with a group on a side project right now, and am looking to get in contact with any writers (or experienced players) who would be interested in helping with some guides regarding PSU. Likewise, even if you know your stuff but don't consider yourself much of a writer, we'll need a focus group to check out the first drafts and suggest improvements/edits.

Part of this project also includes room for video editors - if that's you, and you're down for helping out, please also post here or send a PM my way.

If you've got some past work already out there (PSOW,PSU-P or other guides/videos), please also include links as a reference, so we can check out what you've created. Any fan videos, guides, or other contributions all qualify. :)

Thanks!

Freshellent
Sep 19, 2008, 12:23 AM
Hmm, interesting. I might be down for that.

fay
Sep 19, 2008, 12:34 AM
yea im interested aswell mate. gives me somethign to do in my spare time.

not much of a writer tbh but i do video editing in my college. i have no videos on me though which i can use as a referee

Phantomface
Sep 19, 2008, 12:39 AM
Sounds like a party, count me in from a writer's angle at least.

CJ Johnny
Sep 19, 2008, 12:41 AM
Ruby. What excatly do you need?
By reading your post. A Writer or 2 are for sure.
But the video part.
You need some of us to record it from the 360 or you have something in plans?
If it's just the recording part for the 360, (not PC or PS2) I can do that.
You can check the links on my profile ^0^

haruna
Sep 19, 2008, 01:41 AM
I'm very interested in lending a hand. I'm going to be offline for a bit while I relocate to Japan, but once I get re-established I'd love to be part of this project.

Tyreek
Sep 19, 2008, 05:15 AM
Hmm. Sounds like a plan. Is there anything in particular you wish for this little project? ;)

Dragwind
Sep 19, 2008, 08:24 AM
I would be interested in writing and/or reviewing.

Mike
Sep 19, 2008, 09:30 AM
Sounds fun. I don't have the time (or a US copy of PSU) to be any help though. I'll just have to look forward to the final project :)

Ethateral
Sep 19, 2008, 10:22 AM
I'd be interested in the writing aspect. If only I had a link to my work to show you. If not writing, then reviewing I'd be interested in as well.

Lunasol8888
Sep 19, 2008, 10:39 AM
Oh wow this sounds cool! I'd be willing to help out in either writing or editing. Uh my past work is only just Fresh off the Demo in the fanart section if you wanna take a look at that or something.

DAMASCUS
Sep 19, 2008, 10:52 AM
I'm a decent writer but I have no formal experience. I'll definitely hook up with the focus group and share my critique.

Could this be the exposure that PSU has needed to come back to life?? Stay tuned..

Sio
Sep 19, 2008, 01:27 PM
I am not much for the writing aspect but I might be of service for some video editing, it really depends on what the overall scheme might end up to be, some more details and I'd be set with a proper response. My latest video is in my signature.

gryphonvii
Sep 19, 2008, 02:56 PM
I'm pretty good with words and wod love to look at any drafts ans such so I could help out in that focus group. I'm always up for helping out.

chaoskila
Sep 19, 2008, 03:00 PM
nice =]

pikachief
Sep 19, 2008, 06:10 PM
I haven't written much.... just the PSP Guide in the PSP section here for the demo but that was jsut a quick thing didnt do as much as i should've...

i also do think i have quite some knowledge and experience on this game. if you use me, thnx a lot thats great, also a good way to spend some of my free time, if no thnx anyways for the offer!

Ryock
Sep 19, 2008, 07:50 PM
I could always help. I've written quite a number of guides for numerous reasons. I'm a very good writer, and write many guides and stories in my spare time for people. If you're interested in seeing some of my work, here are some links. Given, they're not PSU related, but it does show what I usually do.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/561051/50676
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/561051/43067
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/920989/37555
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/919923/34489

White Midnight
Sep 19, 2008, 08:39 PM
I've done nothing PSU related in terms of guides, but writing is definitely one of my fortes. I've played PSU for over a year now and I believe I have a fairly good grip on things.

All of the guides and helpful posts I've made that I could use as reference are either buried in Allakhazam FFXI or now-dead forums, so sadly I have absolutely no reference work for you (and needless to say, I didn't back any of them up.)

If you do want reference to my writing, I could send you the pile of class papers that I've written the night before the due date from scratch that have recieved A's and B's. Ofcourse, theres also others that I've worked on over a period of time and not at the last minute...asusming all of the above are still on the other computer I use...I gotta check.

BFGfreak
Sep 19, 2008, 09:09 PM
Well, if it's video guides you're planing on doing, I've seen my share of bad Protransers to do a small rant, er, I mean share some sound advice on that class. As for writing, I'm not much of a writer, but with editing, I do have a Dazzle capture card setup for 360, and I have a basic understanding of windows movie maker.

Anyway, for some referances:
Showcases the quality of my capture card (whenever it works) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yakOPMh4NJE)
Another quality showcase, this one in PSU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uITgdhpUnj8)
A showcase of my awsome anime 'redubbing' and editing skills (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30eV1hZRYrk)

Anyway, the best way to contact me is my gamertag on Xbox Live: KSI BFGfreak.

xBladeM6x
Sep 20, 2008, 09:03 AM
Yeah, i would be interested in this!

Count Me In.

I don't have a capture card or anything. ( I wish i did ) But I can help with writing and giving constructive pointers. Also I'm an experienced player. My friends tend to call me an encyclopedia of PSU sometimes.. ^^;

RubyEclipse
Sep 21, 2008, 01:36 AM
Great to see so many responses, I'll be in contact with some of you soon for guides, and with others for the focus group later.

I'll keep the thread up as a reference for the future too, so you may still get a PM later with more info, even if you don't see one in the next couple of days. Thanks again all, and if anyone else is just reading (and interested), shoot me a PM or post here.

youthisoverrated
Sep 21, 2008, 01:48 AM
i'm up for it =)

Rayokarna
Sep 21, 2008, 04:13 AM
Count me in too.

MegaZoneXE
Sep 21, 2008, 03:40 PM
Hey Ruby, i'm not good at video editing, maybe writing. i fit the "experienced" players group :). i'm good at FORUM DESIGNING, check out my clan forum:
http://elitealliance.createforum.com/index.php?sid=85a225c217ccdb6a38215ee2e384de28

WildArms2
Sep 21, 2008, 10:18 PM
If your looking for someone to make an economic guide I'd be willing to help/write one (360 only). Was considering making another thread on how to make money from the start up faze to mid-game and maybe highier end money making, but I dunno if I would want to devulge some of the secrets of making cash at the high levels. Plus an economic guide is always changing as the times change and the players shift "hotspots" soo it would require some upkeep which may be a problem depending on what I do in the next few months in real life.

ErtaiClou
Sep 21, 2008, 11:31 PM
Ah darn it, from the name of the title, I thought this was the place to pitch my Beowulf 3000 story. *Sigh* I guess I'll keep dreaming. :/

RubyEclipse
Sep 23, 2008, 04:42 PM
Ah darn it, from the name of the title, I thought this was the place to pitch my Beowulf 3000 story. *Sigh* I guess I'll keep dreaming. :/
Someday, perhaps. :)

Most of the first invites have now gone out; if you were not selected and would still like to help, especially with our focus group, please drop me a PM and I'll spot it as soon as I log in next. It is also possible I may have overlooked a few people due to the number of apps, so just let me know if you have not heard anything yet.

Thanks!