PDA

View Full Version : DC Comics

Outrider
Sep 19, 2008, 03:39 PM
Holy crap, I just read the last couple of Dresdan Codak strips that I had missed.

I'm pretty sure the creator of that strip must surround himself with his own work and just masturbate furiously at what he perceives as his own genius.

Seriously, save for a handful of the pre-Cerberus Syndrome comics, I wouldn't mind if they just hit the big DELETE button for this webcomic and it faded into internet obscurity, being mentioned only by hipsters in the (presumably) dark halls of the Questionable Content and Anders Loves Maria forums.

Grargh, it makes me nutty when people get so ga-ga over mediocrity.

In summary, I didn't care much for the storyline Mr. Aaron Diaz just finished up.

(But while we're at it, man, what is up with DC Comics? Dan Didio must be out of his mind thinking any of their recent choices are going to end well for them.)

Solstis
Sep 19, 2008, 05:11 PM
Dresden Codak is basically what would've happened if Star Trek or Star Wars took themselves too seriously.

Technobabble and plot devices shuffling around like stop-motion set pieces.

Sord
Sep 19, 2008, 06:06 PM
I haven't cared for comics in a very long time. They kind of lose their luster when all the big ones do is recycle old material (and anything new is really bogus explanations and shit to drag crap out.)

PhotonDrop
Sep 19, 2008, 07:54 PM
On the other hand, I'm loving Batman R.I.P. because Morrison seems to have entered a new realm of insanity. Not that it's any good, mind you, just off the wall absurdity and general crazy shit.

Batman of Zurr-en-Arrh! Fighting crime with the Bat-bat and a broken radio!

Tact
Sep 19, 2008, 07:59 PM
Batman of Zurr-en-Arrh! Fighting crime with the Bat-bat and a broken radio!

Wait, is the bat-bat really a baseball bat? If it is, that is one of the coolest superhero weapons I've ever heard of.

PhotonDrop
Sep 19, 2008, 08:32 PM
You know how people think Batman's crazy? He's actually perfectly sane.

At least... when compared to this:
[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Robo47/PhotonDrop/BatBat.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Sayara
Sep 19, 2008, 08:34 PM
MY PARENTS are DEADDDDDDD
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/Snoopychan/1220723418294.jpg

Moo2u
Sep 20, 2008, 01:31 AM
Everyone's liking Batman RIP....I'm just confused when I read it...

...also...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/Moo2u/Funny%20pics/bitchpunch1a.jpg

Tact
Sep 20, 2008, 07:49 AM
At least... when compared to this:
*picture*

Oh, my goodness. That is indeed awesome. :wacko:

A superhero fighting crime with something normal people can use is better than those other superheroes.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 20, 2008, 08:21 AM
Granted the latest series of Live action Batman movies show that real life tech. can turn anyone into a Batman.

Although the billionaire heir part is quite the roadblock.

That Bat-Batman looks more in line with a Megaman Boss Character!

Tact
Sep 20, 2008, 11:58 AM
That Bat-Batman looks more in line with a Megaman Boss Character!

We would have to give him a Megaman X-style name, because all of the bosses in that series are humanoid animals.

Night Bat and Swift Bat come to mind. :wacko: