PDA

View Full Version : High School.

Leviathan
Sep 20, 2008, 12:45 AM
Levi on Kids Making Out at School:
I don't want to see you making out in the hallway.
I don't want to see you making out in the lunch line, I'm hungry &by the time I get my food I damn well better be hungry enough to eat it so quit swapping spit. >:|
Now you're on my bench making out. I was here first. ;~;
Nice to see then school new's anchor making out all in the open so everyone can see. Fantastic!

Levi on Hand Holding:
You better pick-up the speed of your walking. I;d like to be able to get to class on time. I'd like to not be tardy to a class where I need to get to the front of class or I would have to sit next to the girl that copies my answers &smells very gross.

Sometimes I wonder, why aren't the teachers doing anything? They see it but don't do anything. Not a word ever.

Levi on Group Gatherings in the Middle of the FUCKING Hallway:
MOVE!
I can't get pass you.
Also when I tried to push through, you gave me a mean mug. I totally saw that y'know. ;o But I need to get to class so I won't end up flipping burgers for life at McDonalds &have my peak years in high school. =]

Levi on Lunchlines:
I was here first.
Back of the line.
I sprinted down a set of THREE flights to get down here. &I'm hungry &thirsty, while you just waltz in here a few seconds ago.

Levi on Hoochie Dressed Girl:
You're not a size 7. You're a size 18. Please wear jeans that pertain to your size. No one likes a muffin top. Ever. Skinny Jeans aren't doing you justice either. May I suggest some bootcut jeans? They'll minimize it. Also there is such a thing as too much cleavage. &You have crossed the border...a long long time ago.

Levi on the Group of Guys That Don't Know What Teenage Culture Stereotype to Follow:
Ahh yes.
Crazy coloured skull hoodie: $40
American Eagle polo: $30
Generic emo band Tee <Hidden under polo.>: $19
Dickies Pants<Sagging dangerously low>: $30.
American Eagle Boxers <We can see it.>: $12.50
3 Row Studded Belt from Hot Topic: $19.
Mohawk: $20.
Blonde hair stripes: $40
Looking like a confused gangster: Priceless. (:

/rant

The_Gio
Sep 20, 2008, 01:10 AM
heh i hate school pretty badly also, but, i dont think its really the best thing for you to decide how people should be. Yeah there are people who just plain out look stupid or act stupid and do things that should be in privacy, but thats what makes you not want to be like them lol. Just live and let live i say!

VR-Raiden
Sep 20, 2008, 01:25 AM
definitely feel your pain on the giant groups blocking hallways. Hated that. had to push through a group once, it almost ended up in a fist fight -_-

Alastor_Haven
Sep 20, 2008, 02:04 AM
Crazy coloured skull hoodie: $40
American Eagle polo: $30
Generic emo band Tee <Hidden under polo.>: $19
Dickies Pants<Sagging dangerously low>: $30.
American Eagle Boxers <We can see it.>: $12.50
3 Row Studded Belt from Hot Topic: $19.
Mohawk: $20.
Blonde hair stripes: $40
Looking like a confused gangster: Priceless. (:

/rant

HAHA LOL

I just graduated man a few months ago

Everything there is fully accurate hahaha

Syl
Sep 20, 2008, 02:12 AM
Pretty dead on, brings up lots of HS memories since I graduated 2 years ago :3

But

Levi on Hoochie Dressed Girl:
You're not a size 7. You're a size 18. Please wear jeans that pertain to your size. No one likes a muffin top. Ever. Skinny Jeans aren't doing you justice either. May I suggest some bootcut jeans? They'll minimize it. Also there is such a thing as too much cleavage. &You have crossed the border...a long long time ago.

That one bothered me the most... Because it was slightly revolting to see sometimes >_>

Another thing that bothered me though was leechers. OMG CAN I R COPY UR HOMEWORK? OLOLO. After a while though, I started charging people and even got money to buy good lunch every day ;o

Seority
Sep 20, 2008, 02:33 AM
Is that all you have to be annoyed about?
;/
Sorry to hear still. Things we all have to go through ;>>

thunder-ray
Sep 20, 2008, 05:40 AM
Wow that sucks ive forgotten those days since I have been out of school for 4 years (I know thats not a long time but my memory sucks ><).

Weeaboolits
Sep 20, 2008, 06:46 AM
I don't want to see you making out in the hallway.
I don't want to see you making out in the lunch line, I'm hungry &by the time I get my food I damn well better be hungry enough to eat it so quit swapping spit. >:|
Now you're on my bench making out. I was here first. ;~;
Nice to see then school new's anchor making out all in the open so everyone can see. Fantastic!This sort of thing is generally against the rules in high schools, just attract a staff member's attention if they're proving problematic. ;o

Also as to the groups, it's also fun when they''re like a human roadblock right in front of the classroom door. I would always just plow through them, GTFO my way. D:<

EphekZ
Sep 20, 2008, 12:48 PM
I generally don't like to make out in public but...It's really not that big of a deal. Leave em alone.

Hand holding..Unless your hallways have the width of a twin size bed I really don't think you should be complaining. go around, it's revolutionary I know.
What are teachers supposed to do? "HEY YOU STOP HOLDING HANDS!"? Please.

Hallway gathering...again twin size bed etc. Also, just say excuse me, It's not like they're standing there specifically to make you late. I hate when people try to push through me. No need to be fucking rude, I'll move if they ask.

lunchlines...well, not cutting is just silly. Those are way too long.

Yeah fat girls in skinny clothing are disgusting.

Never seen those guys but lol

A lot of these things are rather silly complaints, I must say.

Toaster_Boy
Sep 20, 2008, 01:48 PM
(I have broken my vow of FKL only but blah I don't care)

AMEN! Leviathan, you have summed up mine and Alex's years of high school. My suggestion about the holding hands in hallway tho: Just break through them. I did that all the time, if they argue, tell them to do it at home, then say the SOME things are more important than relationships that last under a year. >.<#

Ijits, the lot of them!!

(Toasteries first post in rants hahahahaha)

CrimsomWolf
Sep 20, 2008, 02:07 PM
So, the problem of idiots standing like colums of salt isn't only Europe-related. Every f*^%$# day I get urge to buy machinegun and mown down the suckers. I mean HELLO??? How long are you going to stand there idiot? In the middle no less...

And it's worse, 'cause it's mostly several people at the same time
So I share you pain on this.

Actually I share your pain on most of this, 'cept making out.... I doesn't really happen here...

Although every once in a while you'll hear about how somebody got drunk and wanted to screw soembody etc....

Yeah, highschool is mega-bitch. Glad to know that there's somebody that shares (at least to a degree) similar/same views.

Leviathan
Sep 20, 2008, 03:44 PM
I generally don't like to make out in public but...It's really not that big of a deal. Leave em alone.

Not my fault they walked over to a bench I was sitting at first, then they began making-out while I'm trying to read a book.

Also this is a magnet school, where we're supposed to exhibit professionalism.

Hand holding..Unless your hallways have the width of a twin size bed I really don't think you should be complaining. go around, it's revolutionary I know.
What are teachers supposed to do? "HEY YOU STOP HOLDING HANDS!"? Please.

They walk so slow, &they travel in groups.
There is no way to get around other than pushing through.

Hallway gathering...again twin size bed etc. Also, just say excuse me, It's not like they're standing there specifically to make you late. I hate when people try to push through me. No need to be fucking rude, I'll move if they ask.

Go from the third floor to the first floor. It's 10:59, you need to get to class at 11:00. You're at the third floor, &you're exhausted. A large group of kids are in the way, &your voice can't over power their group.

Only way to get through.

Push through.

lunchlines...well, not cutting is just silly. Those are way too long.

Didn't you just tell me to not be rude?

Nitro Vordex
Sep 20, 2008, 04:49 PM
We always have people who just decide they wanna cut in the lunch line. I swear, by the end of this year, I'm gonna end up in a fist fight with one of the fuckers. That pisses me off so much.

McLaughlin
Sep 20, 2008, 05:57 PM
Obsidian on how to use a double door:

Use the door on your right. If you're using the one on your left, it means your blocking everytone trying to get through. They can't use the door on their left because then you've got criss-crossing lines of students slowing down things even further.

Simple solution: use the right fucking door.

Also, do not park your posse of twenty in front of the fucking doors. Especially doors that are at the bottom of the staircases. I don't care how riveting your conversation about how got drunk last night is, you're in everyone's way.

My school was built for 1500 students. We have almost 2500. Get the hell out of the way.

It also wouldn't kill you to hold a door open for someone when they're buried in books and things. It seems like I'm the only one who does anymore.

Toadthroat
Sep 20, 2008, 06:05 PM
Lighten up a bit. These complaints aren't that serious.

McLaughlin
Sep 20, 2008, 06:53 PM
I know. I just thought my gripe went well with the topic, and it's not a rant if you don't use some harsh language. :/

And if they're insensitive enough to cluster up around the main traffic hubs like that, chances are they aren't going to move if you ask them to. Most of the people have pretty short fuses at my school, so I can't just shove them out of the way.

Indica
Sep 20, 2008, 08:20 PM
I loved High School. If anyone saw the movie Dazed and Confused, every exact moment in that film perfectly captured my life growing up.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 20, 2008, 08:58 PM

Long post that made sense

/rant

Amen. I hated high school and once you graduate and move on to University, things will be SO much better. And yeah, I agree about the fat girls thing, I don't wanna throw up. Man, seriously, high school totally sucked. I'm glad now in college, in Japan no less, where women are skinny for the most part so they can wear whatever they want.

EphekZ
Sep 20, 2008, 09:09 PM
Professionalism? I'm sorry dear, there's no difference between a magnet school and a regular school. Yes, I do go to one.

Why do you only have 1 minute to get to your class? You say you need to get to 3rd floor to 1st floor am I right? How much time do you actually get to go to your class? You shouldn't need to be exhausting if you're just trying to go down two floors. Hell, you shouldn't need to run at all from class to class. If it's that big of a problem just head to class earlier. Unless my school has huge halls I'm not aware about that's never been a problem from when I've been going to class.

Yeah, I will admit I am a dick on the cutting part. Not too concerned though, I don't have time to wait in line. I need to congregate with my friends in the hallways and make kids late.

I'm really interested to see how these people who all hate high school really are in real life. I'm sure that'd be so interesting.

astuarlen
Sep 20, 2008, 10:29 PM
And yeah, I agree about the fat girls thing, I don't wanna throw up. Man, seriously, high school totally sucked. I'm glad now in college, in Japan no less, where women are skinny for the most part so they can wear whatever they want.

So, speaking of things that make you want to throw up...

Sidney
Sep 20, 2008, 10:39 PM
@Ephek: About magnet schools, I don't think you can make such a sweeping statement. I went to a magnet school back when I was in high school, and there was a massive difference between my school and the regular schools around it. It all depends on the particular school you go to. Not all magnet schools are the same simply because they fall under that category.

As for cutting in line, EphekZ, I think most people waiting in line "don't have the time" to wait in line either. Talk about self-entitlement. What makes you more important than everyone else? I think you should wait your turn like everyone else. Cutting in the lunch line is annoying and rude, whether you're in the college lunch line or your cafeteria at work. I hope you don't carry that habit off into when you work and cut in front of your supervisor. :lol:

EphekZ
Sep 20, 2008, 10:55 PM
I guess LAUSD just sucks then. I'm in one of the top schools in my district; I have both magnet and regular classes and the only difference is that in magnet you can fuck around and still get high scores while in regular classes people just fuck around. There is no professionalism, there is just priority. You have to remember; outside of class, we're all the same. I always found it silly when people expect someone smart to act a certain way.

Soubrette, I'm in magnet! I'm obviously better than those stupid regular kids.

Jokes aside, obviously I won't carry it on to work or college, well for college we'll see ;]
Obviously there's no way to justify cutting in line, but uh...Yeah. I'm hungry =]

Leviathan
Sep 20, 2008, 11:02 PM
At my school we have days set we're supposed to dress up.
It's a rule.

EphekZ
Sep 20, 2008, 11:05 PM
Congrats. It's called dress for success, is it on Wednesday too?

Sidney
Sep 20, 2008, 11:22 PM
@Ephek: Oh, so you attend a connected magnet school? I was very lucky - my school had it's own campus. We were isolated, so in terms of discipline, it was much easier to keep us under control. I think in general, the isolated magnet school campuses function like that as well. They can keep a closer eye on you that way. My school was strict, but there really weren't a lot of problems to begin with because students were hand-picked. (Sadly, I think those days are over; too many parents called in saying it was 'unfair' to have standards, so now my old high school is using a lottery system. I've already heard some awful stories, and it's only been a few years. :lol:)

As for cutting in college, watch out! Your professors use the same line. You never know when you may be cutting in front of say, the head of the engineering department. I know the head of my department uses the same line that I do. :lol:

@Levi: My school was the opposite - we were super casual. Since we were a medical magnet school, we had a lot of classes where we went to the hospital. We'd wear scrubs half of the year - it was like wearing pajamas! For my major in college though, I have to dress up daily in all sorts of frilly dresses. Big change of pace!

What kind of magnet school do you attend, by the way?

GreenArcher
Sep 20, 2008, 11:26 PM
Meh. I love high school. Oh noes, I'm 30 seconds late for class, now I'm gonna fail/bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

And yeah PDAs are always awkward but come on that stuff happens everywhere not just in high school.

EphekZ
Sep 20, 2008, 11:33 PM
Soubrette, is it a private school or public? To get into the magnet here you just have to have the grades and scores. It's connected, but magnet is generally its own school. The regular school staff has pretty much no authority over the magnet kids, it's hilarious really. We get away with a lot more shit..This year the magnet kids are pretty much all in one building. Everything is hand fed to us, I don't like it really. Teachers are super lenient and such because they're a lot closer with the students.

I'll keep that cutting thing in mind though :wacko:

Leviathan
Sep 20, 2008, 11:42 PM
Congrats. It's called dress for success, is it on Wednesday too?

If you're going to be an ass about me venting. Leave.
Because it would break my fucking heart because of our different views.

@Levi: My school was the opposite - we were super casual. Since we were a medical magnet school, we had a lot of classes where we went to the hospital. We'd wear scrubs half of the year - it was like wearing pajamas! For my major in college though, I have to dress up daily in all sorts of frilly dresses. Big change of pace!

What kind of magnet school do you attend, by the way?

It's a school with Computer Science, CADD, Medical, Law, Media Technology <I'm in it.>, Art <Also in it, hooray for double majoring!>, Advertising Design, &Hospitality.

I don't want to be late to class because I don't want to sit nest to the people who smell bad.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 20, 2008, 11:52 PM
Obviously there's no way to justify cutting in line, but uh...Yeah. I'm hungry =]So is everyone else in the line, jerkass.

Powder Keg
Sep 21, 2008, 12:01 AM
Hmm, a lot of the complaints I'm reading you see in a lot more places than just school, trust me. ;)

Nitro Vordex
Sep 21, 2008, 12:40 AM
We're obviously standing there for decoration. :roll:

Ethateral
Sep 21, 2008, 09:57 PM
This is all true in high school. I saw and dealt with it everyday. I'm now since graduated. Thing is though, outside of high school, it's EVERYWHERE. =/ PDA, cutting, people blocking your way, etc. I see it at work on a daily basis. I don't mind seeing PDA, I just keep going with a shrug, lol. As long as they're not bumping and grinding each other, that's fine. >_> Get a room then.

I always tried to get to class on time. My teachers, for the most part, were lenient. My art teacher would write you up if you were one second late however. I pity the ones that made it the second later.

thematesV2
Sep 22, 2008, 09:34 AM
eh, thats what happens in life, people being people.

I also would like to add the whole thug-life persona...

it's like, you were dancing in the hallway while your "crew" cheered you on. As I walked by, you stopped dancing and you jumped at me as if you were going to hit me...... o-k, so when are you going to hit me? ever? no? o-k then, don't be a faker and just jump at me...

language shattered by gratutious use of N*****, B****, M***********, F***.... can't even decypher what you are trying to say, let alone where you are in a paragraph.... ahhh, such fun memories.