PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 How is 360 to techers?

unicorn
Sep 20, 2008, 11:35 AM
I don't care about lagging people, but would *I* be lagged if I play techer on xbox 360?

I currently play mainly techer classes on PC/PS2, and I don't get tech lag whatsoever on either PC or PS2 (nanoblast screws my PC sometimes).

I heard if you play techer you're prone to "freezing". Is this true? :<

Ryno
Sep 20, 2008, 12:12 PM
i just say its the mission that are laggy
Especially with Robots with stages like Flowery and Sacred Stream

KulturHorror
Sep 20, 2008, 12:30 PM
you wont experience much tech lag on 360...

Miyuki-chan
Sep 20, 2008, 01:58 PM
you wont experience much tech lag on 360...

Unless you're not the techer.

chaoskila
Sep 20, 2008, 01:59 PM
lolololololololol
well if you do get lagg and you do a right combiation of spells, you might find you self not frozen but unable to move till the mission is over.

mvffin
Sep 20, 2008, 02:10 PM
it only lags for me if I use GI- techs with a lot of enemies around, or Rafoie/Ramegid in the corner. I have never been frozen except at 1 up cup de ragnus, and it froze all of my characters.

Neith
Sep 20, 2008, 02:15 PM
lolololololololol
well if you do get lagg and you do a right combiation of spells, you might find you self not frozen but unable to move till the mission is over.

I've had this happen 3 times on PC (generally when switching from Nosdiga to Resta quickly)- there is a way to solve it though. Get one of your party to lure a monster to you. If you get hit hard enough, it knocks you out of of the pose you're frozen in. I assume it's the same issue on 360.

chaoskila
Sep 20, 2008, 02:57 PM
I've had this happen 3 times on PC (generally when switching from Nosdiga to Resta quickly)- there is a way to solve it though. Get one of your party to lure a monster to you. If you get hit hard enough, it knocks you out of of the pose you're frozen in. I assume it's the same issue on 360.

=P well it happened to me like yesterday when i thought it was "Fixed" but as we saw from the mgg sega cant fix anything BUT ill give 'em credit for fixing the laser cannon glitch >.>

Genoa
Sep 21, 2008, 12:34 AM
Yes, this glitch occurs when you're switching tech weapons and the button you are mashing for the NEXT weapon happens to be the button you use for any kind of hold-down tech from the previous teching weapon.
By hold-down tech, I mean any tech that you HOLD down the button for.
Nos techs, Damu techs, Regrants, Megiverse, (can't think of anymore atm, hoping that's all xD)
Your options are to either get hit by an enemy (doesn't have to be hard like whoever the heck said, a badira can bite your ankle and you're free) or rejoin the party (unless... you REALLY want the mission reward and nobody minds you stealing rares for your misfortune)

But the real solution is NOT to go 360 and get a good PC
Smaller population vs. Big population with a lot of... not-so-friendly players from what I hear. I hear about booters and what not constantly D: I haven't been booted since the release of Rappies in Plains of Overlord >_> I would hate to run PF S on 360 scared to death I might be booted during the last boxes D:
Screenshots are hot, videos are even better ;D
If you can maximize the highest graphical output... this game looks more than TWICE as good as it does on normal settings.
Despite the memory leaks in missions like White Beast, maxed graphics, 1280x720 on PSU (in window mode, however... it REALLY takes up almost all the screen, leaves just enough room to see 1/2 inch over my start bar... I like to use Web and WMP while i'm PSU'in) I run perfectly fine. In fact, I wasn't aware of these "lag" areas until people continued to complain about it >_>
I have 31+ techs, even in a game with other 31+ tech users... no slowdown. It's HOT!!!!
Another good plus for getting a good PC... You can use a PC for more than just games :D (OMG IT'S TRUE!) EVEN SO, you can use it for more games than just PSU :D
PC will always always ALWAYS out-perform platform games. It's simply a matter of whether or not the game you want is available for PC D:
Building a PC from scratch is really cheaper than most people think... If you know how to put legos together and read directions... building a PC is so easy... even a caveman can do it >_>

Don't join the darkside D:

... but if money is the big issue =/ I suppose it beats the hell out of ps2. I couldn't go back to ps2 >_____>

Furches
Sep 21, 2008, 01:30 AM
I have never frozen on my techer.

Turb0
Sep 21, 2008, 01:49 AM
But the real solution is NOT to go 360 and get a good PC
Smaller population vs. Big population with a lot of... not-so-friendly players from what I hear. I hear about booters and what not constantly D: I haven't been booted since the release of Rappies in Plains of Overlord >_> I would hate to run PF S on 360 scared to death I might be booted during the last boxes D:

Nothing against you personally but I give a giant :roll: to the thought that 360 has nothing but bad people. There are going to be pricks on every game, blacklist someone if they're annoying you. I've only been booted like maybe 5 times since I started playing last july. There are plenty of friendly people out there if you open your mind to their existance.

Anyway, on topic - I haven't played on my techer for months but I don't remember there being much slowdown as the techer. It's mostly for people that get caught in the spells, particularly RA spells.

Genoa
Sep 21, 2008, 07:05 AM
Nothing against you personally but I give a giant :roll: to the thought that 360 has nothing but bad people. There are going to be pricks on every game, blacklist someone if they're annoying you. I've only been booted like maybe 5 times since I started playing last july. There are plenty of friendly people out there if you open your mind to their existance.

Anyway, on topic - I haven't played on my techer for months but I don't remember there being much slowdown as the techer. It's mostly for people that get caught in the spells, particularly RA spells.

Not saying there's only bad people on 360 :-? but from what I hear (mostly from people who HAVE switched from 360 to PC) that a large chunk of the community consisted of... as you said, pricks?
I have a few people on BL... But if I was on 360 from what most people say... my BL would be huge <____>
But even so, the community issue was a very small factor in my point.

Turb0
Sep 21, 2008, 11:48 AM
Yeah I know that wasn't much of your post, it just pisses me off sometimes when the only thing someone might hear of the 360 community is that it seems like everyone's rude, immature, etc. Anyway, enough hijacking. How 'bout them spells?:p