PDA

View Full Version : AotI White Beast is ruining PSU?

Barker 5227
Sep 20, 2008, 11:06 PM
With the release of White Beast and the slight exp boost EVERYBODY has been flocking to it.

Its only gotten worse in the fact that now its nearly impossible to get good % Dark weapons for a fair price. Little kids run straight to white beast upon starting and dont do a single mission except that until another EXP boost event or mission comes out. I have met multiple 90-140's that havent done anything but white beast and MAG

That is not PSU, psu is starting out in parum running mad creatures until you cried trying to make enough money to buy ur first A rank. This white beast garbage and is ruining the PSU experience.

People are always complaining about the lag in the servers. Yes, no duh, when 90% of the online community sprints to uni 1 white beast, a mission that already is semi laggy, and has pretty detailed monsters and grants's.
Wanna know why its laggy?
Cause everybody is in the same spot using high FPS spells and photon arts, then expecting everything to go their way and complaining and crying about the lag. GO TO DASHBOARD IF LAGGY!

I never experience lag in uni 22 DG S2 or SW S2, try going to a different universe some time eh?

The universe number donesnt effect the drop rate, just go somewhere else, try a different mission for once.

And for got sakes, do a REAL mission, stop this white beast madness, its seriously rediculous, its making the rest of the game unfun and the economy is trash because of it.

Alastor_Haven
Sep 20, 2008, 11:11 PM
Well

Tell SEGA to make other missions worth while with decent loot

Along with Rewards

II_Tokio_II
Sep 20, 2008, 11:12 PM
Yes, I agree the game has been drastically affected by WB and in a bad way because I, in the past 2 days, met a player asking me how to exchange points earned in GBR, saying rappies drop 5 million meseta because meseta is the rarest drop they have (this is in a WB run), where diad is (he was serious), a person asking me how many PA fragments were needed to get frozen hit, a person telling me they heard that there's a new mission called Mad Creatures in Moatoob, people who only join when the run has been going for a particular amount of time to get to the boss easily, and etc. etc. etc.

GreenArcher
Sep 20, 2008, 11:15 PM
It's not gonna change.

See: TTF in PSO

Barker 5227
All of the missions are worth wile, its a little thing called rare hunting, ever heard of it?

Root word there HUNTING
You cant expect things to drop first shot can you?
then the game would be no fun at all and there would be no economy!
Yes i agree its aggravating not getting anything after a days worth of missions but when u finally see that pwand board or rs board you jump out of your seat your so excited for it!

Try it sometime :D

Powder Keg
The community is to blame also, but ST did overdo that mission big time. On PS2/PC you won't even find any Sakura Blast runs.

This game is dead right now if you're not at the Pavillion.

Barker 5227
Sep 20, 2008, 11:17 PM
ahh TTF, lol its kind of hard to compare TTF to WB because in pso, after the 1st year or so Meseta was as useful as used toilet paper, everybody hacked or just traded weapons

As i just mentioned hacking, once a hacked weapon is in your possession and you are fighting with it you CANNOT get a rare drop. Therefore making TTF a exp only mission.
PSU and PSO are almost opposites in my opinion so its an unfair comparison.

thats why people have to do a REAL mission.

Get all of your friends to do DG or SW, or even True Darkness

Get a trend started, how do u think the WB trend started?

Genoa
Sep 20, 2008, 11:28 PM
Well you figure "hunting" rares would be a good option, but doing WB S2 and getting the mission reward over and over and over and over again <____>
You can usually buy those rares that people went to go "hunt".
So while others are busting their butt finding goodies, then selling them to make a nice profit... the person buying your item is probably just a WB runner who got a lot of reward xD

But... I must say, for some reason.... I can grind WB waaaay more than I can TTF. 0_o
However, (for PC/PS2 at least since usually only party you can find is in the current hot spot) most people would like to play in a party for various reasons.
Talk, show off (come on, seriously, we all know we try to show off every now and then... even if it's sub-consciously... PA's, weapons, etc...), meet people, higher chance of finding more items together due to the speed you can do a run vs. solo'ing.

I hate solo D: but a lot of my PSU friends have quit on me =/
So... since WB has new rares ;D
However I would like to hunt down Milla while GBR still going with my 50% D:
Anyways... what I'm really saying is... Don't hate the White Beast, hate the Segac.

Barker 5227
Sep 20, 2008, 11:33 PM
Well you figure "hunting" rares would be a good option, but doing WB S2 and getting the mission reward over and over and over and over again <____>
You can usually buy those rares that people went to go "hunt".
So while others are busting their butt finding goodies, then selling them to make a nice profit... the person buying your item is probably just a WB runner who got a lot of reward xD

But... I must say, for some reason.... I can grind WB waaaay more than I can TTF. 0_o
However, (for PC/PS2 at least since usually only party you can find is in the current hot spot) most people would like to play in a party for various reasons.
Talk, show off (come on, seriously, we all know we try to show off every now and then... even if it's sub-consciously... PA's, weapons, etc...), meet people, higher chance of finding more items together due to the speed you can do a run vs. solo'ing.

I hate solo D: but a lot of my PSU friends have quit on me =/
So... since WB has new rares ;D
However I would like to hunt down Milla while GBR still going with my 50% D:
Anyways... what I'm really saying is... Don't hate the White Beast, hate the Segac.

I dont hate the White beast or the Segac, i just hate the nubs who refuse to broaden their horizens, and btw my post had nothing to do about people not buying anything, its about how people dotn buy stuff cause all they use is slicers, claws, cruddy rifles and halarods for their white beast. If they did SW they wouldnt use slicers cause golomoro's would own them or polovorahs would own them.

The economy is down because there are no rare hunters left and the few tat there are (besides tokio and myself) cant hold up the need for good weapons, and if we could they wouldnt sell because people dont need them.
Also because of so many new S2 white beast drops people are inclined to get them right? Well they do...and again....and again....and again, so many of these new rares/white beast rares are dropping that u cant make a decent profit off of it anymore

II_Tokio_II
Sep 20, 2008, 11:33 PM
The point isn't hating WB or Segac it's the new players that dwell in that mission, buy meseta, buy weapons they clearly didn't earn by legitimate mean (not concerning everyone), then walking into a party thinking they're cool and dying only to find they don't know what a scape doll does. Also the point of rare hunting is to make money or to get what you really want not just selling the item obtained.

Akio
Sep 20, 2008, 11:39 PM
i whole-heartedly agree with you. personally i find the mission to be boring anyway. however, i find it's allure. but come on, almost all missions have rare drops, some have good rewards. i love spamming Sleeping Warriors myself, and find myself at different planets/missions just to throw something new into the mix. this same thing happened in ver. 1 with Crimson Beast, it was a quick and easy mission ,with good money, exp, and MP. im not telling people who spam WB noobs or anything, but do another mission for a change that doesnt involve a dragon or uber-rewards.

II_Tokio_II
Sep 20, 2008, 11:42 PM
i whole-heartedly agree with you. personally i find the mission to be boring anyway. however, i find it's allure. but come on, almost all missions have rare drops, some have good rewards. i love spamming Sleeping Warriors myself, and find myself at different planets/missions just to throw something new into the mix. this same thing happened in ver. 1 with Crimson Beast, it was a quick and easy mission ,with good money, exp, and MP. im not telling people who spam WB noobs or anything, but do another mission for a change that doesnt involve a dragon or uber-rewards.

Agreed, half of the people at WB probably haven't done 5 different missions in the other planets yet...

Genoa
Sep 20, 2008, 11:45 PM
Agreed, half of the people at WB probably haven't done 5 different missions in the other planets yet...

You're probably right, but the other half are people who have probably been playing for a year+ and have nothing else to hunt atm except the new rares that have been released for WB.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 20, 2008, 11:48 PM
White Beast ruining PSU?

Welcome to 6 months ago.

II_Tokio_II
Sep 20, 2008, 11:48 PM
You're probably right, but the other half are people who have probably been playing for a year+ and have nothing else to hunt atm except the new rares that have been released for WB.

But how long do you actually and honestly think they stay there, I say 3 runs and then they move on.

II_Tokio_II
Sep 20, 2008, 11:49 PM
White Beast ruining PSU?

Welcome to 6 months ago.

He would've made this earlier but he was too lazy and yes I agree.

Powder Keg
Sep 20, 2008, 11:52 PM
White Beast ruining PSU?

Welcome to 6 months ago.

It wasn't while MAG and other new missions were being released, so the problem needs to be addressed again.

In fact, it wasn't even too bad the first few weeks of GBR. Now even the other missions in GBR are completely empty (PC/PS2)

But how long do you actually and honestly think they stay there, I say 3 runs and then they move on.

Most would think that, but people literally stay there all day.

Genoa
Sep 20, 2008, 11:54 PM

>___> by they I meant them and myself. I've been playing since the release date D:
I don't have too much I care to do atm than find me some new rares :O
I also made a couple new characters a couple of weeks ago, so I'm not only getting my jollies finding a few good rares, but I'm leveling, AND getting MP :O

I'm not a white beastaholic... I can stop whenever I want! >___> just... 5 more minute :D

Nitro Vordex
Sep 21, 2008, 12:08 AM
I couldn't fucking stand WB when I first played. It was so boring and laggy. Though it was funny to have a cut in screen yelling at the Alterboogerzoog* thing.

If/when I get online again, I probably will stay away from WB.

*I mispelled it on purpose, DEAL WITH IT.

Genoa
Sep 21, 2008, 12:17 AM
I couldn't fucking stand WB when I first played. It was so boring and laggy. Though it was funny to have a cut in screen yelling at the Alterboogerzoog* thing.

If/when I get online again, I probably will stay away from WB.

*I mispelled it on purpose, DEAL WITH IT.

tsk tsk, you know compared to the missions we use to grind... WB really isn't so bad.
I use to run freakin Plains of Overlord A non-stop. In fact, I STILL think I've ran more Plains of Overlord than I have White Beast.
Lab? Lab is cool and all... but I was getting all sorts of pissed when fighting bugs if I wasn't a techer. If you weren't behind that bug, you were going to miss... because Bug's EVP was insanely high... I believe they had to nerf it actually.
Valley of Carnage? xD
I mean seriously, WB isn't so bad comparatively...
I'm not saying OMG ONLY RUN WB
But there's so many people that just "hate" WB because that's where everyone is. The steriotyping of the mission's hot spot actually determines your taste for the mission. Sad, I know... But if the hot spot was something you thought was awesome... You'd probably end up hating that mission because EVERYONE ELSE is spamming it. >_>

Turb0
Sep 21, 2008, 12:18 AM
With the release of White Beast and the slight exp boost EVERYBODY has been flocking to it like mexicans to a work truck.

Its only gotten worse in the fact that now its nearly impossible to get good % Dark weapons for a fair price. Little kids run straight to white beast upon starting and dont do a single mission except that until another EXP boost event or mission comes out. I have met multiple 90-140's that havent done anything but white beast and MAG
+1, it sucks that that's kind of become the only mission new people know. It's a good mission and even more so now that we have s2, but people should do other missions if they want. People shouldn't have to only go to WB if they want to play with others.

That is not PSU, psu is starting out in parum running mad creatures until you cried trying to make enough money to buy ur first A rank. This white beast garbage and is ruining the PSU experience.
No that's what PSU was, not what it is. Times change, buddy. It's much easier to get money now no matter what missions you do.

People are always complaining about the lag in the servers. Yes, no duh, when 90% of the online community sprints to uni 1 white beast, a mission that already is semi laggy, and has pretty detailed monsters and grants's.
Cause everybody is in the same spot using high FPS spells and photon arts, then expecting everything to go their way and complaining and crying about the lag. GO TO DASHBOARD IF LAGGY!

I never experience lag in uni 22 DG S2 or SW S2, try going to a different universe some time eh?

The universe number donesnt effect the drop rate, just go somewhere else, try a different mission for once.
The high concentration of people at WB may contribute to the lag but as it's an online game I like to go to the uni where the people are, and I'm sure some others feel the same way. Always running by yourself in some random uni gets boring imo.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 21, 2008, 12:38 AM
*post and stars put here to not stretch page*
I genuinely don't like the mission. The monsters are rediculous, the drops are ass most of the time, and the mission lagged way too much for me. I hated having to have the camera face down all the time, just to be able to worth something to the party. But oh well, if I come back to the game, I'll be able to play other missions again.

Genoa
Sep 21, 2008, 12:46 AM
I genuinely don't like the mission. The monsters are rediculous, the drops are ass most of the time, and the mission lagged way too much for me. I hated having to have the camera face down all the time, just to be able to worth something to the party. But oh well, if I come back to the game, I'll be able to play other missions again.

1. It's not stretching my screen <_>
2. If by rediculous, you mean easy... after you have sleep resist.. then yes
3. I don't suffer from slowdown, but I can see that being a reason to not like it.
4. Camera facing down? 0_o I... well I'm not sure, I always move my camera constantly
5. I agree with doing other missions... but White Beast isn't a shit mission xD It's just one that is played QUITE often by MOST people.

Alastor_Haven
Sep 21, 2008, 12:50 AM
It really isn't I mean

I got most of my wants from other missions

WB still has the few most valuable items as well

Serafi-Senba
Natsuyoteri
Yiel-Senba
Hizeri / Mind

And chances for PF

All of those items that I just stated can sell very well or be traded for a very good amount

Other then that

Not much to do

youthisoverrated
Sep 21, 2008, 01:10 AM
military subway S 70 90+ 28100 489
no one plays it, no one is ever there at all. it's a good freaking mission and no one gives a crap about and it's only an s!

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 21, 2008, 01:19 AM
Man, now I really don't want to play online. I don't suppose someone could have suggested to ST something that blizzard did. Make certain missions like instances and only doable once a week.

That remark in particular makes me glad I'm not playing online. Mostly because Meseta comes easily offline I guess.

Still, though it's been mentioned. TTF, and Black paper's deal probably did the same thing for Blue Burst. Imagine how horribly the price of an Orotiagito must have sank.

Furches
Sep 21, 2008, 01:26 AM
With the release of White Beast and the slight exp boost EVERYBODY has been flocking to it like mexicans to a work truck.

And for got sakes, do a REAL mission, stop this white beast madness, its seriously rediculous, its making the rest of the game unfun and the economy is trash because of it.

I have one question for you, do you think your bitching here is going to change a damn thing, no its not. you wanna know why, none are the retarded children that play PSU know what Pso-world, psupedia, or the main site exist. also the servers do generally lag due to the move, they have even said so themselves.

youthisoverrated
Sep 21, 2008, 01:31 AM
I have one question for you, do you think your bitching here is going to change a damn thing, no its not. you wanna know why, none are the retarded children that play PSU know what Pso-world, psupedia, or the main site exist. also the servers do generally lag due to the move, they have even said so themselves.

those missions and the servers lagged before the move

Furches
Sep 21, 2008, 01:32 AM
true, but ever since the move it has started to lag a lot more than it should

Turb0
Sep 21, 2008, 01:32 AM
no one plays it, no one is ever there at all. it's a good freaking mission and no one gives a crap about and it's only an s!

That's because the drops suck. It's pretty sad when the most valuable drop on a mission is morbinia. At least white beast has drops that are actually worth something.

youthisoverrated
Sep 21, 2008, 01:36 AM
the mission before white beast has always been that laggy since the expansion came out. why i never really played it that much. still hate playing it cus of that.

turbo: if people want something to rival white beast in the way of exp and mp then that would be the mission to do. but no one ever does so......

Furches
Sep 21, 2008, 01:37 AM
That's because the drops suck. It's pretty sad when the most valuable drop on a mission is morbinia. At least white beast has drops that are actually worth something.

um, the drop rates at wb suck, people spamming a mission= lower drop rates

Soukosa
Sep 21, 2008, 02:01 AM
Why is everyone at Plains Overlord?
... Crimson Beast
... Lab Recovery
... Eastern Peril
... Whatever remaining missions that were spammed to death due to being easy

That's how the PSU community works, they all just gather at the same spot so they know where to find parties. Pretty much the result of one of the biggest flaws in PSU that still remains. You can't find parties without going to the actual lobby that the party is located at.

no one plays it, no one is ever there at all. it's a good freaking mission and no one gives a crap about and it's only an s!There's bots. There's neutral property enemies. There's stuff that hurts more than a Polty. Of course people aren't gonna bother, its too hard for them. Pretty damn fun mission though :wacko:

youthisoverrated
Sep 21, 2008, 02:06 AM
with some damn good mission points too XD oh and techers can breeze through some bots =)

Furches
Sep 21, 2008, 02:07 AM
i honestly think they should try to implament some sort of system to prevent the constent spamming of one mission. I wish they would take out some missions every once in awhile. or just completely scrapping white beast.

tirith
Sep 21, 2008, 02:27 AM
i do wb for the serafi-senba, would hunt for a blackbull or rattlesnake for my fg, but those are non-aoti drops and drop even less than the serafi-senba, and i would like a senba for each element, till i can get s-rank armor with all 4 slots from another mission i'll b stuck at wb.

wb simply has the only truly good s-rank armor to get atm so those of us that want s-rank armor with 4 slots are stuck doing wb.. or paying a LOT for a premade armor.

and i think xp/mp isn't an issue for a lot of the community with max lvl/class lvl

youthisoverrated
Sep 21, 2008, 02:38 AM
but for a select few we would like to get all classes to 20

Turb0
Sep 21, 2008, 03:41 AM
i do wb for the serafi-senba, would hunt for a blackbull or rattlesnake for my fg, but those are non-aoti drops and drop even less than the serafi-senba, and i would like a senba for each element, till i can get s-rank armor with all 4 slots from another mission i'll b stuck at wb.

wb simply has the only truly good s-rank armor to get atm so those of us that want s-rank armor with 4 slots are stuck doing wb.. or paying a LOT for a premade armor.

and i think xp/mp isn't an issue for a lot of the community with max lvl/class lvl

I've seen 4 or 5 rattlesnake boards drop in probably around 100 runs whereas I've done who knows how many white beast runs (500+?) and only seen 3 serafi-senbas drop. Not saying it's like this for everyone but from what I've seen, serafi-senba is a much rarer drop.

Furches
Sep 21, 2008, 04:50 AM
I agree, I have probally ran wb over 1000 times and have only seen about 3 serafis drop. and one was due to a 230+ boost from gbr.

Majarra
Sep 21, 2008, 05:45 AM
BAWWWWWWWWWWW overload. People run white beast just for the EXP,$$$,and drops. People would run EB or AS. But you know why noone runs EB? The mission is kinda hard to some. AS? De rol le can be a fool at times. All other AoTI missions? Robots or bad drops. If you check at other lobbies youll find some people. We have many hunting Pwands and rattlesnakes everyday. Its also easy cause of the element. Every enemy is light. Its a shame when they do a mission with out light creatures. BAWWWW NEED LIGHT WEP NAO. BAWWW THEY 1 HIT ME CUZ OF MAH ARMOR. Dont like missions? head to the 4th floor its a social room filled weirdos,chatting,and randoms being random at best. And dont follow the herd. Dont like white beast? Head to another mission. All missions are soloable by any combo. Have a techer? Go to SW and megidpwn teh wimpies. And maybe find a PW board. Have a gunner? Head to DG. You can lvl bullets and find some good gunner boards and a sleep resist. Have a fighter? [not scared of megid?] Head to the HIVE for a challenge[kinda]. And just maybe youll find an agito board! Bottom line is:Dont like a mission? Dont do it. Sure youll be Mr lonely of PSU but youll in the end up being the rich one, finding many matireals,boards,and items that are most needed. While the others will be buying them cause they lack PSU variety.

Syl
Sep 21, 2008, 05:52 AM
I'm pretty sure the next expansion being called PSU: *insert awesome verb* of the White Beast where there will be 20 variations of White Beast :wacko:

Kinda sad that people complain about it so much yet still go there themselves though >_>

Majarra
Sep 21, 2008, 05:56 AM
Oh man that sounds epic. THIS will be the realese of the serafi-senbac. And for that verb. Phantasy Star Universe: Repition of the white beast.

Indica
Sep 21, 2008, 05:59 AM
WB sucks ass and the drops stink. Majority of people hunting there are after Serafi-Senba which will be useless in the next coming months.

Mother Brain and Lightning Beast S2 will have far better drops and take everyone away from WB

Alastor_Haven
Sep 21, 2008, 06:01 AM
And that's in like what?

Christmas man?

xD

But yeah once we get those mission's

Everyone should be at Parum

Adriano
Sep 21, 2008, 06:15 AM
And then we'll complain about how said parum mission is ruining psu. :wacko:

Majarra
Sep 21, 2008, 06:29 AM
WB sucks ass and the drops stink. Majority of people hunting there are after Serafi-Senba which will be useless in the next coming months.

Mother Brain and Lightning Beast S2 will have far better drops and take everyone away from WBUnless your a fighter who has to have a head slot. Armas line will rule them all. Dosent Parum GBR start as we get those S2s? If so blackhearts and Grand crosses are gonna be very cheap.

Genoa
Sep 21, 2008, 06:46 AM
I bet you I could find half of these WB trash talkers in a WB run or Pavilion of Air. In fact they might even be running it... NOW :O ?

Shinko
Sep 21, 2008, 09:15 AM
ok time for my 2 cents...

Well 1st off i can't comment on the 360 side (which i may go to soon) but on the ps2/pc side there is another reason ppl go to WB besides exp, weapons, mp and money. Its that the comminty is so small that its hard to find someone. we all have to be at some play together. if we split up u know how much harder it would be to find a random party.

Oh and i kno im gonna get this play with friend stuff. yea yea thats all good and all but what about new ppl and alot of ppl quit nowaday or take long breaks plus sometimes ppl want to see new faces. (though all most everyone have seen or know everyone on ps2/pc side.... its that small)

Shit its even hard to find a party at WB at times so just think how it would be if everyone split up..... Now im not saying im for running WB 24/7 cuz im sick of it myself. im just saying i understand why ppl do it. Maybe if we had more ppl we could spread out but as it stand now... no.

But this is just a comment for th ps2/pc side i cant say for the 360 side
Plus u always going have a hotsopt so there's no point in complaining about it. ppl gonna do whatever they want.

xBladeM6x
Sep 21, 2008, 09:34 AM
No it's not ruining the game necessarily. Just the expansive environments, the economy, and variety.

O Wait. That is the game >_>;

My way to fix it - Get rid of Block 2. That should help :D

Hrith
Sep 21, 2008, 09:47 AM
When WB was released, I played it a couple of times, and then declared that this mission sucks, and never played it until this GBR.
I played this GBR for five days, and then I could not take any more of it, mostly because of White Beast.

I have so seldom played WB that I had to learn the maps for my recent TA attempts >_>

Moral of the story: nothing compels you to play there.

Noblewine
Sep 21, 2008, 10:41 AM
I don't believe so but people need to expand and try some of the other missions regardless of what drops. It's not a that its a bad mission but the enemy placement is terrible and it can be frustrating fighting them in cramped areas. I get tired of being hit with Sleep and being powerless to do anything in a party. I avoid White Beast alot unless a friend wants to run it and try to get something worthwhile. The mission also provides the EXP/MP to quickly craft your character and gets too much hype for being a great mission regardless of the terrible level design.

xxcornersxx
Sep 21, 2008, 12:04 PM
With the release of White Beast and the slight exp boost EVERYBODY has been flocking to it.

Well i just started playing a couple weeks ago and i already see what you mean. I did story missions, hive, mad creatures... everything. Worked hard as hell, now im lvl 52 and because of that work i have full S rank weaps(axe, twin sabers, knuckles, sword). I started doing WB alot, and it started to ruin the game for me, not even fun. But now i gotta go back so i can lvl ranger x.x

flamesphere
Sep 21, 2008, 02:33 PM
I do believe things are really going downhill in this game. It kinda started when the expansion came out actually. There is so much imbalance between the AotI missions and the original missions, hence why no one does them anymore. All the people they hoped to attract to keep the game alive went right for the shiny stuff right away, and they don't fully appreciate the game anymore, thus the economy goes down the drain, the population moved to one location, and those who still care get mad. Personally, I feel they're just perpetuating the problem by giving us these so called "events" like MAG and GBR that just decrease the value of rares and let more people get levels way too easily. Instead of just trying to start a new trend, or bashing a mission, it would be in the better interest to rebalance drops and rewards so everywhere is fairly equal, rather than one mission dropping 100 MP and another giving 4. Rebalancing it all would kinda spread the population out, maybe let people expand their horizons, at least thats what I think about it.

Powder Keg
Sep 21, 2008, 02:35 PM
The older missions definitely need a rebalance. I know they still should remain playable to non-AOI players, (although to be honest, there's no reason why they shouldn't have the expansion) but a new difficulty is needed to make those missions playable again.

Personally, I like playing them just for something different and because they're there. Unfortunately, 99% of the playerbase doesn't seem to share the same feeling.

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 21, 2008, 02:42 PM
I'm not gonna read all the replies but all im gonn say is this...
The ONLY reason im even doing White Beast is to level my new character to 85 so i can do True Darkness... Once that happens i'll be doing other missions...im kinda done with GBR ...well in 5 days everyone will ^_^

IMO on the 360 sever this is how the set up is for universes:
Universe 1: White Beast S,S2
Universe 2: White Beast A-C

lol well thats my experience....when i made a party to level on WB A....i was in block 3 until someone joined when i was in Unv 1 but when i went to Unv 2 and did it....people joined within minutes of the mission starting.....

flamesphere
Sep 21, 2008, 02:43 PM
Personally, I like playing them just for something different and because they're there. Unfortunately, 99% of the playerbase doesn't seem to share the same feeling.

Heh, I do the same, just play them because they're there. Yeah, a definite rebalance of everything, leveling the playing field if you will. Spread the drops for rares out a bit, making them true rares, not just common S class junk as they are now. Along with the balancing everything out idea, I agree, make a new difficulty level for some of the older stuff, or balance out monster levels too, whichever works. Doubt they'd ever do it but I think it would solve a lot of problems and help boost the games longevity if they did it.

Raven5_1
Sep 21, 2008, 02:52 PM
okay. i play white beast. i play it a lot.(well i dont play online as regularly as i used to)

but i don't play it because of drops or experience.

i play it be cause quite frankly it's the only place i can consistently get a team.

see that's the catch 22.

in the PC/PS2 community it is bloody hard to find a group to play online with unless you spend hours jumping from universe to universe, lobby to lobby to find a team.

i can play solo but unless i'm actually hunting something playing solo gets old fast

now consider the newbie. he comes online and see's everyone at white beast. so he goes where everyone else is he doesnt know any better and the same happens to the next newbie and the next.

with everybody heading to that hotspot finding a team to play elsewhere becomes a chore.

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 21, 2008, 02:59 PM
I still wish they had a mission that was incredible hard kinda like how ultimate was on PSO

Idk somethin like this
[Name of mission here]
S2 Level Rq-120 Monster lvl-150-180+ :-o
S Level Rq-100 Monster lvl-120-140+
A Level Rq-70 Monster lvl-90-110+
B Level Rq-40 Monster lvl-60-80+
C Level Rq-20 Monster lvl-40-50+

I know the monster levels seems a lil odd but you see what i mean.....something difficult....even on a C

If someone could make up a level req/monster level that would seem severely hard(but reasonable) be my guess....

150-180........wow............imagine that lol
wait.....i dont think the JP server have 180....or do they
well even then its just a thought

Gen2000
Sep 21, 2008, 03:34 PM
snip

That's basically it in a nutshell about the "WB problem" on PC/PS2 side.

Not really the community fault, it's the way the game is setup. This game needs a gurhal mission listing showing who's playing what on all planets. This whole "WB problem" I noticed got population damaging sometime after HSM S came out, people spammed WB before but it was like people was kinda excited about HSM S then most found out it was "too hard" and didn't know where else to go so a few people went back to WB, then some more, and more....until 90% of community just stayed there and left every other place for dead no matter what other mission was released.

Now you could go to some other mission where you think would be cool but it'll be a ghost town, dead or at best 1 or 2 people are there with their game's locked hunting something specific. Waste of time, WB is just..."reliable" you can always find a party there.

The "EXP/$$$/MP" argument for White Beast is funny because almost every other Aoti mission gives the same, if not more, EXP/$$$/MP than White Beast. Any of the old v1 missions with robots destroys WB in exp payout. HIVE monsters drop higher amounts of meseta than any other mission, the Dark God is basically an all dark version of WB where you can get 2-3mil from only a few runs. Drops argument fails too but whatever most of the community just doesn't know any better so it won't change.

Yeah there were old hotspots but for every Plains overlord party there was a few Sleeping Warriors parties within the same lobby, for every Labs party there was maybe a few Endrum parties. Crimson Beast? Some of the cool kids did that Mad Beast mission that was across the street from it. White Beast just "White Beast...or White Beast?". Snozefest.

Neith
Sep 21, 2008, 04:10 PM
Firstly, whoever said Serafi-senba will become useless... :disapprove: No. It's still a 4-slot armour, usable by any class, which can be made in any element you choose. While Armas Line is better, it doesn't make Serafi-senba automatically redundant. Yes, it's worse than an Armas Line. Yes, it's still great armour though.

In regards to White Beast, it certainly hasn't helped PSU. Way too many people spam it, but the same could be said for hotspot missions before it (remember Lab Recovery? or Crimson Beast? or for the truly oldschool players, Plains Overlord? Yeah- these all had the same problem.)

Personally, I can't stand White Beast. The drops there suck for me (I primarily play Fortegunner), I hate Kakwanes/Komazli and the boss is nothing new. I ran it a lot when it first released, and got pretty much everything I wanted from there, but now even with GBR it's my least run mission on the GBR route.

Generally people will just flock to the newest mission, unless its 'too hard' / drops aren't good enough. Unfortunately, while WB isn't the best for anything, it has:
- Decent EXP
- Decent MP
- Decent drops
- Everything is the same element, so very easy.

I hate seeing people spam it at the expense of other missions, and like I said in another post, if v1 missions were rebalanced, maybe it'd encourage people to try other missions.

It's not just WB ruining PSU though- its mainly the way the game has been handled in the western world (well, some of the blame rests with Sega of Japan too, I'd imagine).

Alastor_Haven
Sep 21, 2008, 04:35 PM
Running Plains overlord for MP

Was fucking awesome

Ezodagrom
Sep 21, 2008, 04:47 PM
All of the missions are worth wile, its a little thing called rare hunting, ever heard of it?
Mad Creatures, Crimson Beast, Lab Recovery, Mizuraki Defense, The Holy Ground, The Eastern Peril, Forest Infiltration, Forested Islands, System Defense, Valley of Carnage, Mine Defense, Rogues' Shortcut, Tunnel Recapture...
Hmm...quite a few missions with worthless drops, I guess...

And it's not just the drops, for example Plains Overlord S2 has less meseta and MP rewards than White Beast C ._.

flamesphere
Sep 21, 2008, 04:55 PM
Mad Creatures, Crimson Beast, Lab Recovery, Mizuraki Defense, The Holy Ground, The Eastern Peril, Forest Infiltration, Forested Islands, System Defense, Valley of Carnage, Mine Defense, Rogues' Shortcut, Tunnel Recapture...
Hmm...quite a few missions with worthless drops, I guess...

And it's not just the drops, for example Plains Overlord S2 has less meseta and MP rewards than White Beast C ._.
Thats what brought me to my point of rebalancing the entire game so missions aren't so out of whack like that. If they did that, and made rares actually be what the word means, highly uncommon, then the game would be great.

Ezodagrom
Sep 21, 2008, 05:15 PM
Thats what brought me to my point of rebalancing the entire game so missions aren't so out of whack like that. If they did that, and made rares actually be what the word means, highly uncommon, then the game would be great.

That's what I think should happen too ^^;
That, and a rebalance of enemies lvls/addition of a new difficulty on v1 missions, so those would have lvl 150+ enemies too.

Barker 5227
Sep 21, 2008, 05:15 PM

Lol the serves lag because little nerds just HAVE to be in universe one, so lets say uni 1 is full, and 20 other people wanna get in, one of the people leave uni 1 making it joinable, so all 20 enter.....OVERPOPULATING THE UNIVERSE therefore leading to lag....think before u type :D

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 21, 2008, 05:18 PM
I just wanna know when those two universes are gonna come back XD

Adriano
Sep 21, 2008, 05:18 PM
little nerds

Lol. All of this is true.

flamesphere
Sep 21, 2008, 05:20 PM
That's what I think should happen too ^^;
That, and a rebalance of enemies lvls/addition of a new difficulty on v1 missions, so those would have lvl 150+ enemies too.
Exactly. A friend of mine felt the same way too. And truly, from a programming standpoint its not all that hard to do. Just rebalance all of those things and make stuff more difficult. If it was all like that there would be no need to crowd around one area and if it all went right, the population would spread out like it used to be pre-expansion.

Ezodagrom
Sep 21, 2008, 05:36 PM
Exactly. A friend of mine felt the same way too. And truly, from a programming standpoint its not all that hard to do. Just rebalance all of those things and make stuff more difficult. If it was all like that there would be no need to crowd around one area and if it all went right, the population would spread out like it used to be pre-expansion.

And it would also be more interesting for old players that quit, increasing the population a bit. Many friends I made on psu, they left because of how easy things became on AOTI x_x...
Not just because of how common some rare drops became, but also because of how fast enemies and mostly bosses dies (at least on parties)...

flamesphere
Sep 21, 2008, 05:40 PM
And it would also be more interesting for old players that quit, increasing the population a bit. Many friends I made on psu, they left because of how easy things became on AOTI x_x...
Not just because of how common some rare drops became, but also because of how fast enemies die (mostly bosses)...
Yeah I know. I have so many cards on my list of old friends who don't play anymore, some I still see in person to this day. I've been playing since last spring and I've even contemplated hanging it up on a few occasions due to the way things are, haven't mind you cause the game is still fun somewhat. Now if only we could actually get them to fix these things, thats the real trouble.

Kylie
Sep 21, 2008, 06:20 PM
People could move if they really wanted to, but I know that can be kind of difficult. I think if one member, or a group of members, posted a thread or something and organized a decent mission of the week, people would spread out a bit more. The idea was a decent one that the game masters had, but the problem was they just picked Bruce, Egg Thieves, etc. I think it would do better in someone else's hands.

That, and the dang mission shoud get a nerf. :-P Or, rather, other missions should get a boost (i.e. v1).

fay
Sep 21, 2008, 06:45 PM
White Beast S2 :

meseta - 15100
Mission Points - 257
drops worth something: yiel-senba, Hizeri/mind, [b] nasuouteri, [b] serafi-senba, diad though reducing in price rapidly

Awoken Serpant S2 :

meseta - 15250
Mission Points - 261
drops worth something: freeze/resist, [b] muktengek, (ank zagza, gudda skela if made with high%), goldania, morbinia,

you will also find that awoken serpant will generally give out more experience aswell. And you have the chance of getting the forrest of illusion

theres one reason why i dont understand all the white beast spamming. it makes no sence to me. i done 5 runs of awoken serpant. i got 4 goldania. sold them for 370k each. thats what all you guys could be earning just from doing different missions

Gen2000
Sep 21, 2008, 07:02 PM
And for those who still don't know, you can turn the Forest of Illusion in Phantom Fissure but mission comparisons have already been made some time ago showing that White Beast is not all that but it won't change anything. Awoken Serpent S2 was out even when White Beast only had Srank and it was still dead.

I play Awoken Serpent quite a bit myself (usually solo'd of course) since I really like the mission just for the challenge itself but also because I get a nice profit there from mats and [b]s the common WB humpers deem "hard to find" (gee I wonder why...).

pikachief
Sep 21, 2008, 07:07 PM
White Beast S2 :

meseta - 15100
Mission Points - 257
drops worth something: yiel-senba, Hizeri/mind, [b] nasuouteri, [b] serafi-senba, diad though reducing in price rapidly

Awoken Serpant S2 :

meseta - 15250
Mission Points - 261
drops worth something: freeze/resist, [b] muktengek, (ank zagza, gudda skela if made with high%), goldania, morbinia,

you will also find that awoken serpant will generally give out more experience aswell. And you have the chance of getting the forrest of illusion

theres one reason why i dont understand all the white beast spamming. it makes no sence to me. i done 5 runs of awoken serpant. i got 4 goldania. sold them for 370k each. thats what all you guys could be earning just from doing different missions

True Darkness(if u compare the run time) and Dark God are also 2 missions that are both better than white beast in almost every way.

there are plenty of better places.

and ruining the game?

Did TTF ruin PSO? no.

Did Plains Overlord A ruin early PSU? no. (and Sleeping warriors was better for exp and MP at the time as well >.>)

Did Seabed ruin PSU? No. and there was missions that were better like True Darkness and others at the time as well.

Now we have another highly spammed mission. Now until there is a huge change I don't see anyone moving. (De ragan was begging of PSU then S's came out and everyone flocked to onmagoug and crimson beasts until S2 missions came out-Seabed was the first. Then true darkness S2 was popular for the gap between 1up and aoti, which had de rol le spamming and people were playing every new mission until they found an easy one for good drops at the time. If S3's get released we'll all be stuck at the first good S3 mission, i assure you >.>)

Ezodagrom
Sep 21, 2008, 07:30 PM
The problem with white beast, unlike the other hot spots, this one been an hot spot for too long (almost 10 months already).

pikachief
Sep 21, 2008, 07:33 PM
yea but like i said before, something big replaced each one.

A ranks were only available so they stuck to de ragan until S's were available then jumped from S run to S run until they found something good, then when S2 came out it came with soemthing good and stuck with it till AotI came out, then jumped from new mission to new mission till they found that sweet spot in the missions and will stick to it until probably S3's come out.

Ezodagrom
Sep 21, 2008, 07:40 PM
It would be kinda fine if it was an hot spot for like 1 or 2 months, but 10 is too much >.<, even with the events and new missions, ppl always went back to white beast since it was released.
For example, on PC/PS2, shortly after I started playing, Cost of Research was an hotspot, after it was Duel in the Ruins, after it was True Darkness...It was nice that the hotspot changed after sometime...but with White Beast, it didn't changed...
Hopefully Mission Carnival, Parum GBR, Shred the Darkness and Festa 2 will be nice places to find parties in places other than white beast (btw I don't spam white beast, I kinda avoid doing it actually).

pikachief
Sep 21, 2008, 07:43 PM
It would be kinda fine if it was an hot spot for like 1 or 2 months, but 10 is too much >.<, even with the events and new missions, ppl always went back to white beast since it was released.
For example, on PC/PS2, shortly after I started playing, Cost of Research was an hotspot, after it was Duel in the Ruins, after it was True Darkness...It was nice that the hotspot changed after sometime...but with White Beast, it didn't changed...
Hopefully Mission Carnival, Parum GBR, Shred the Darkness and Festa 2 will be nice places to find parties in places other than white beast (btw I don't spam white beast, I kinda avoid doing it actually).

yea the only time i did white beast (besides lvling my characters >.>) was for 2 days, i got everything that dropped in a few runs solo and never went back LOL

flamesphere
Sep 21, 2008, 07:49 PM
Granted I still would rather have the game rebalance over a new hot spot, but unless we get a giant following and actually pressure them to do it, which won't happen I know, it is also not going to happen. So I agree, the White Beast madness needs to end, heck, the other two planets are fairly desolate thanks to the new S2 stuff on Neudaiz and GBR, as well as White Beast. I haven't gone back to those places in a long while, can't stand to anymore.

Ezodagrom
Sep 21, 2008, 08:04 PM
In my opinion, a rebalance would be alot better than a new hotspot, but in the case of PC/PS2 servers, since the population is small, it could be a bit hard to find a party unless most did the same mission x_x
And even with a rebalance, probably there would be 1 mission that would be more played than others though...the good thing is that it would be worth doing other missions for those that like to do different missions or even planet tours :>

One thing that could be done, in the mission counters there should be a new option (like the select mission and join party options), for example "Search for party", or something like that. There would appear a list of missions on that planet with the number of parties there. When selected a mission we could see which parties are in that mission. (To go to the mission we would have to use the flight thingy though, it would just to be easier to find parties ^^;)
Maybe even in the room being able to see the missions for all planets? ^^

pikachief
Sep 21, 2008, 08:09 PM
What a good idea would be would be a sticky HERE WHERE PEOPLE WOULD READ IT with people setting up groups to go to different planets. I understand thats what the player match up place is for or w/e but that place is barely even noticed >.>

we need like PSO-W to do its OWN Mission spotlight >.> lol

like just something where i can put up a poll with 5 missions, make a PSO-W mission spotlight topic with the date and Mission/Missions for that week. Maybe have it on this, maybe keep it in player matchup but have somewhere other than that forum with more traffic so people can see it.

EDIT: actually anyone think its a good idea? a community made Mission Spotlight? if it gets popular i may be able to throw in some random prizes to give away in missions and maybe the PC/PS2 can do the same as well :D

unicorn
Sep 21, 2008, 08:14 PM
I get bored with White Beast, and I do think its a big problem for PSU. I think it has done more damage than Plains Overlord, Crimson Beast, Lab Recovery, etc (and I was around for ALL of them) since White Beast has been a hot-spot longer than those have.

ST's mistake was that they included White Beast in the GBR. Smart move.

Despite my hatred for WB, I still flock to it like everyone else. Obviously people like WB because:
1. Good MP/EXP
2. Dragon boss! You know what that means? Jabroga and Majarra tiem.
3. All the same element. Yeah.
4. Good drops. Diad (thats right! Don't even have to suffer making that Pwandu), Serafi-senba (still rare), Nasuyoteri (for crappy FTs and GTs with lvl 11 bow bullets), etc.
5. Good place for screenshots.
6. MONEY

They really need to rebalance the Pre-AOI missions if they want to spread players out. Honestly. Why would I do GoF now if I can get a Hirokteri/Rikauteri elsewhere? In fact, I can get the 13* one in WB!!!

They really need to bring on those Pre-AoI S3 missions NAO.

Tetsaru
Sep 21, 2008, 09:51 PM
I get bored with White Beast, and I do think its a big problem for PSU. I think it has done more damage than Plains Overlord, Crimson Beast, Lab Recovery, etc (and I was around for ALL of them) since White Beast has been a hot-spot longer than those have.

ST's mistake was that they included White Beast in the GBR. Smart move.

Despite my hatred for WB, I still flock to it like everyone else. Obviously people like WB because:
1. Good MP/EXP
2. Dragon boss! You know what that means? Jabroga and Majarra tiem.
3. All the same element. Yeah.
4. Good drops. Diad (thats right! Don't even have to suffer making that Pwandu), Serafi-senba (still rare), Nasuyoteri (for crappy FTs and GTs with lvl 11 bow bullets), etc.
5. Good place for screenshots.
6. MONEY

They really need to rebalance the Pre-AOI missions if they want to spread players out. Honestly. Why would I do GoF now if I can get a Hirokteri/Rikauteri elsewhere? In fact, I can get the 13* one in WB!!!

They really need to bring on those Pre-AoI S3 missions NAO.

I agree with this. Now, I don't mind WB as a level - it's fairly challenging unless you've got a full party, then it's a cakewalk, lol - but the other missions in the game SERIOUSLY need to be rebalanced to match WB's allure. I'd love to do Crimson Beast S3 or something similar, with Gol Dovas dropping Guld, a possible {B} Psycho Wand area drop, and De Ragan dropping all those "Ragan" items we don't seem to have much info on yet... a little something for everyone, no matter what your class. I don't really care about EXP or MP, because frankly, stuff like MAG and PF have taken care of that, and most of us have at least one max-level character anyway - it's just too easy to level up, really.

I like doing other missions from time to time, but if there are no parties to join, and nothing to gain out of doing them besides nostalgia... there's just no point, really. =/ If Sega has a new problem to fix for the PSU community, I'd say rebalancing the old missions to an S3 difficulty would be it.

flamesphere
Sep 21, 2008, 09:53 PM
Its not just giving us higher difficulties and whatnot, its balancing out the lower difficulties of the older stuff so lower level people would actually go to those too for a change. Along with that, balancing out drops for everything, rares, MP, meseta, the works for all missions so theres less extremes like there are now, thats what needs to be done so the playing field is leveled.

Zorafim
Sep 21, 2008, 10:30 PM
White beast ruined the game? Nah, Plains Overlord already did that.

Sio
Sep 21, 2008, 11:25 PM
What I personally would love to see is just like in the old pso days was access to a special counter or lobby like lets say each planets HQs and see ALL the current games, being able to search for open games blah blah sort of like pso did with the main lobby. This would encourage people to keep open games maybe? knowing it's 10x more likely someone who wants to play something different very well can see your game, at the same time keep the spammers happy. Though the issue is really community size I say.

mvffin
Sep 22, 2008, 04:03 AM
I also vote for S3 of old missions. Possibly AOI exclusive with some of the new enemies added in. If not, then at least rebalance the old S2's to have higher level enemies. Especially S2's with level 85-95 enemies. If they released ONE new S2 every 2 weeks, how much effort would that be? A lot less then planning events every 6 months. Maybe they'll add S3 once they run out of event ideas. = \

Majarra
Sep 22, 2008, 04:39 AM
Why does everyone keep saying PO ruined the game? sorry havent been on long enough to know what that means

Zorafim
Sep 22, 2008, 07:24 AM
Basically, Plains Overlord was the only playable map in the game. At this time, Moatoob was too difficult for the reward it gave, and Neudaiz had worms. Everyone said &^%$ that, and spammed Plains Overlord C for mad MP rewards.
And then, mission spamming was born.

Cracka_J
Sep 22, 2008, 07:30 AM
GUYS GUYS

Let's face reality. That new "Dragon" RPG Sega is working on IS ACTUALLY a PSU SPINOFF. Based on the outstanding numbers he's pulling in, and overwhelming demand, SEGA has deemed White Beast is bigger then PSU itself.

Sometime in 2009, you will get THE ADVENTURES OF WHITE BEAST.

Majarra
Sep 22, 2008, 07:40 AM
Interesting. This is exactly how the demo is. Cept no moatoob. So one little mission did this? Worms really bothered that much? Just get a PA that knocks them down. I hope sega keeps working on neudaiz missions. I just love the variety and the music for some missions.

stllchlln
Sep 22, 2008, 07:55 AM

My friend i agree 100%

Packrat
Sep 22, 2008, 09:45 AM
I'm glad to say that I've only played White Beast like 4 times maximum ever :)

I like to tour around. I can't stand playing the same missions over and over >.> so I end up moving around to different places. Ends up being nice an profitable too since I get drops that are not very common in the marketplace. Even ridiculous stuff like megi-photons sell for tons..

Zorafim
Sep 22, 2008, 09:57 AM
So one little mission did this? Worms really bothered that much? Just get a PA that knocks them down.

Why bother lowering your all-mighty DpS with silly knockdowns when you can plow through a boringly easy mission for MAD EXP?!
Sad to say, I believe even PSUjp did this spamming junk too. It's just how MMO mentality works.

Darius_Drake
Sep 22, 2008, 10:06 AM

Wrong buddy, that is the mission I am currently spamming. Well, that and Sleeping Warriors and maybe True Darkness. From time to time you can add Desert Goliath in there as well. I pretty much hunt for my own weapons. I am a sword enthusiast and have this pipe dream of finding a [b] Agito Repca. I found my first [b] Rattlesnake this month and I am still in search of a [b] Psycho Wand and [b] Gaozoran Rod. The spamming of Military Subway is really just to get the unbelievable amount of mission points along with leveling up my shotgun bullets as well as killer shot for my rifle.

Darius_Drake
Sep 22, 2008, 10:13 AM
I'm glad to say that I've only played White Beast like 4 times maximum ever :)

I like to tour around. I can't stand playing the same missions over and over >.> so I end up moving around to different places. Ends up being nice an profitable too since I get drops that are not very common in the marketplace. Even ridiculous stuff like megi-photons sell for tons..

Megi-photons sell for tons???? You must be kidding me. What server are you on cause I have multiple stacks of the stuff.

Darklighter
Sep 22, 2008, 10:37 AM
I hated White Beast even before I got online with AOTI(playing the offline game on PS2). My thoughts on that mission have never changed. I just hate the mission. Only time I hate that lots of people go there is when people I'm playing with want to do White Beast. I am solo 99% of the time though so I rarely have to deal with it. Even GBR was not enough to get me to do that foul mission more then a few times.

ForteGunnerW
Sep 22, 2008, 01:27 PM
Lol people complain about boring missions theres lots out there not just WB and i remember the old days lol crea doubles like 40mil and a ranks were like 2mil

shadowsniper6
Sep 22, 2008, 01:53 PM
i play WB its not fun but i play it i want to lvl my Alt before the next event so i dont need to worry about lvling them up i hunt rares a lot but i do do Wb every other day lol

Aisha379
Sep 22, 2008, 02:10 PM
The problem (in my opinion) is that WHitebeast is the best in terms of balance (or, technically, lack thereof) between:

EXP
MP
Money
And drops.

Military Subway, for example. Absolutely no good drops, but excellent MP.

Most of the older missions have very low drop rates and absolutely abysmal MP, a very bad combo.

All Sega needs to do is release some more missions balanced similar to WB, or change WB's stuff around some.

I play WB on my alt, simply because theres just no other good damn mission to level her up on really (just hit lvl 80).

You can't really blame people for going to the mission most worth their time. Once I level my alt higher and get all the items I want in WB I'll probably never go there again anyway.

Akio
Sep 22, 2008, 02:14 PM
In my opinion, a rebalance would be alot better than a new hotspot, but in the case of PC/PS2 servers, since the population is small, it could be a bit hard to find a party unless most did the same mission x_x
And even with a rebalance, probably there would be 1 mission that would be more played than others though...the good thing is that it would be worth doing other missions for those that like to do different missions or even planet tours :>

One thing that could be done, in the mission counters there should be a new option (like the select mission and join party options), for example "Search for party", or something like that. There would appear a list of missions on that planet with the number of parties there. When selected a mission we could see which parties are in that mission. (To go to the mission we would have to use the flight thingy though, it would just to be easier to find parties ^^;)
Maybe even in the room being able to see the missions for all planets? ^^

brilliant. another thought is a lobby that you log into like in pso, then from there recruit a party or select from all those that are available at the counter. basically a hub before you step foot into ghural. another thing that might spice up the underplayed missions (and this goes for all missions) is to use a system used in diablo. 1 person in the mission can solo. then if someone else joins, a little text box says "Diablo's forces have grown stronger" and the enemies get a stat boost. the enemies get constantly stronger the more people join. it also made rares drop more and money, but do we really need more of that in psu >.>. I will also agree that the limited population is making it hard to find parties, and im sorry those party recrutment missions are a sorry waste of time and data space.

Ezodagrom
Sep 22, 2008, 02:59 PM
brilliant. another thought is a lobby that you log into like in pso, then from there recruit a party or select from all those that are available at the counter. basically a hub before you step foot into ghural. another thing that might spice up the underplayed missions (and this goes for all missions) is to use a system used in diablo. 1 person in the mission can solo. then if someone else joins, a little text box says "Diablo's forces have grown stronger" and the enemies get a stat boost. the enemies get constantly stronger the more people join. it also made rares drop more and money, but do we really need more of that in psu >.>. I will also agree that the limited population is making it hard to find parties, and im sorry those party recrutment missions are a sorry waste of time and data space.

Yes, another thing that should have happened on PSU since AOTI, the more party members there are in a party the stronger enemies are, at the very least HP boosts (especially on bosses).
About the drop boosts with stronger monsters...hmm...
Maybe...nerf the drop rates in AOTI missions so they have the same rates as v1 missions when soloing (even with the rebalance on february, v1 missions still have lower drop rates than AOTI ones), or even nerfing all missions to have the same rates as v1 missions before AOTI, and with a full party the drops would be like the AOTI missions now (or maybe a bit lower than they are now) ^^.

Aisha379
Sep 22, 2008, 03:10 PM
PSU needs an entirely different item distribution system.

Something along the lines of WoW's "Need or greed" system or something.

I'm sick of seeing crap fly to the same person in a row 5 times, or melee weapons going to gunners and vice versa. I understand people have alts, but geez, the characters *in* the party should be prioritized I think.

Then, people who take advantage of the need/greed system just get booted and blacklisted. Eventually they won't even be able to find a party, so its not like its a very abuse-able system.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 22, 2008, 05:39 PM
^ This

Those collectible tokens (IE: Badge of Justice and the Arena tokens) you harvest to cash in for stuff in WoW was a pretty good idea too.

Adora
Sep 22, 2008, 06:08 PM
OMG who cares? So what if people only want to run WB? Who cares? Why does that effect your gaming? If you dont wanna do WB go do something else! With a leveled character you can solo almost anything if not make some friends and run what you want!
Its so tiring hearing how everyone would change PSU. Sega Team is doing a decent job. For those of us that cant afford a PS3 or a decent gaming computer, a PS2 game to have so many updates and new misisons is remarkable! Ive been playing almost a year and havent played another game since starting PSU. Its so much fun with so many variables it makes it worth while! If everything you wanted dropped whenever you wanted you would have everything by now and what would be the point in playing?
Life is full of challenges and obstacles. Without them we wouldnt appreciate the good times that come along. If life was perfect you would be bored, trust me.
All I am saying is try to have fun and appreciate what we have. Imagine a life with NO PSU! That would totally suck! (I would probably get a lot more done though!) :-D I love you Sega! :smile:

Aisha379
Sep 22, 2008, 06:29 PM
Sega Team is doing a decent job.

Agreed with you until this statement.

Then you lost all logical credibility ._.

Para
Sep 22, 2008, 06:30 PM
As much critical thinking has been put into this, face it, people will always spam the easiest mission for exp/MP to get through the grind.

Adora
Sep 22, 2008, 06:34 PM
Agreed with you until this statement.

Then you lost all logical credibility ._.

I know they mess up a lot but I have to believe they are trying. I try to see the glass as half full not empty... Thats why I said decent job not good job :P

Ezodagrom
Sep 22, 2008, 06:36 PM
OMG who cares? So what if people only want to run WB? Who cares? Why does that effect your gaming? If you dont wanna do WB go do something else! With a leveled character you can solo almost anything if not make some friends and run what you want!
Its so tiring hearing how everyone would change PSU. Sega Team is doing a decent job. For those of us that cant afford a PS3 or a decent gaming computer, a PS2 game to have so many updates and new misisons is remarkable! Ive been playing almost a year and havent played another game since starting PSU. Its so much fun with so many variables it makes it worth while! If everything you wanted dropped whenever you wanted you would have everything by now and what would be the point in playing?
Life is full of challenges and obstacles. Without them we wouldnt appreciate the good times that come along. If life was perfect you would be bored, trust me.
All I am saying is try to have fun and appreciate what we have. Imagine a life with NO PSU! That would totally suck! (I would probably get a lot more done though!) :-D I love you Sega! :smile:

It's a pitty there are so few missions for the highest lvl players though :<...(there are 50+ missions on psu but only 5 of them have lvl 150+ enemies on US/EU, a few more on JP...).
While ST is updating the newest missions (AOTI ones) they're also forgetting about the old ones. Missions like The Holy Ground, Lab Recovery and Crimson Beast could be so much more fun if they had enemies at lvls higher than 150 (right now they don't even have lvl 90 enemies on their highest difficulty >.<)...Even missions like Plains Overlord, SEED Awakened, The Dual Sentinel, and many many others could be so much better with higher lvl enemies...
PSU is a nice game (if it wasn't I wouldn't be playing it :>), but SEGA made a really bad job balancing missions...

Adora
Sep 22, 2008, 06:43 PM
It's a pitty there are so few missions for the highest lvl players though :<...(there are 50+ missions on psu but only 5 of them have lvl 150+ enemies...).
While ST is updating the newest missions (AOTI ones) they're also forgetting about the old ones. Missions like The Holy Ground, Lab Recovery and Crimson Beast could be so much more fun if they had enemies at lvls higher than 150 (right now they don't even have lvl 90 enemies on their highest diffculty >.<)...Even missions like Plains Overlord, SEED Awakened, The Dual Sentinel, and many many others could be so much better with higher lvl enemies...
PSU is a nice game (if it wasn't I wouldn't be playing it :>), but SEGA made a really bad job balancing missions...

I know its not perfect but what is? Perfection is tiring. We dont know what is to come. This game might have another year left in it and Sega might impliment changes to appease everyone by then.
Im trying to be positive! :-P Dont ruin it for me! :D

flamesphere
Sep 22, 2008, 06:50 PM

Glad to see someone so optimistic, its nice. But I still agree with Ezodagrom as I have this entire time. The game just needs better balance, plain and simple. Its fun, I enjoy it, but it disappoints me to see the state its in

Adora
Sep 22, 2008, 06:52 PM
Glad to see someone so optimistic, its nice. But I still agree with Ezodagrom as I have this entire time. The game just needs better balance, plain and simple. Its fun, I enjoy it, but it disappoints me to see the state its in

I still love PSU and always will! :-D I missed out on playing PSO and I deeply regret it! :-(

Ezodagrom
Sep 22, 2008, 06:52 PM
It's kinda hard to be positive when even on the JP version those old missions been so ignored that now the lvl cap there is 40 to 80 lvls higher than the v1 S2 missions :<...
But since they are getting the Winter Event missions (Thanks Festa 1) with an S2 difficulty (which was a v1 event with only C - S difficulties), there's still hope they'll at least add some new difficulty to the old v1 missions (even though the US/EU version wouldn't get it in more than 6 months >.<)

Adora
Sep 22, 2008, 06:57 PM
It's kinda hard to be positive when even on the JP version those old missions been so ignored that now the lvl cap there is 40 to 80 lvls higher than the v1 S2 missions :<...
But since they are getting the Winter Event missions (Thanks Festa 1) with an S2 difficulty (which was a v1 event with only C - S difficulties), there's still hope they'll at least add some new difficulty to the old v1 missions (even though the US/EU version wouldn't get it in more than 6 months >.<)

YAY! Thank you for trying to be positive! :-P It means a lot. I think it's a good thing to spread positive energy throughout our community! We really need it lately.

Ezodagrom
Sep 22, 2008, 07:09 PM
If they would start releasing a new difficulty on the v1 missions with lvl 150+ enemies (or even 175+ since the JP cap is already 160 and might go to 170 in a few months), they could even release just a few of them every 2 weeks (like 1 or 2 per update) while releasing the other AOTI content, it would be enough for me to be happy ^^;.

flamesphere
Sep 22, 2008, 07:13 PM
Heck if they would just make things actually rare I'd be a little happier. I miss the days when my shiny things weren't common.

II_Tokio_II
Sep 22, 2008, 07:16 PM
Even though some people are saying the new blades mission will move the white beast flock to Moatoob, I think some of the same WB people, some that tend to annoy me a lot, will go back to WB again and again and again unless there's an easier run to do, but I don't see how it could get any easier than this.

Barker 5227
Sep 22, 2008, 07:44 PM
see, the thing is, white beast IS ruining this game. It isnt fun anymore because 90% of the psu population runs it, leaving nobody to do a REAL mission.
Also before WB came out, the economy was balanced, missions were balanced, the game was fun. This exp boost it has and single element BS is what is ruining the game. If a new mission came out with just lighting monsters and same EXP boost, it would ruin the game to. All im saying is that its time for a little change...try something new for once! Hey, you might actually like it :D

And one more thing, this mission is bringing kids in to the game(completley new kids) and teaching them 1 thing and 1 thing only, WHITE BEAST. Thats not PSU, i didnt pay 40$ for WHITE BEAST, i dont pop WHITE BEAST into my xbox every day. I play Phantasy Star Universe. The community needs a little variety eh? Oh and Events are good and all....drop wise and element wise. but honeslty, thats not a real 140, thats a fin mag 140, an unfair exp boost necessary for nubs who only run WB. :D

Adora
Sep 22, 2008, 07:46 PM
Heck if they would just make things actually rare I'd be a little happier. I miss the days when my shiny things weren't common.

Oh dont get started on that! That's happened to me a lot! I paid 6 mil for my puyo aura like 8 months ago, then they dropped like candy! I bought 2 Kazarods for 25 mil each, ( look at them now)! I bought a Cubo Musrana for 15 mil and a week later they started dropping at a new mission! I remember when tesbras first came out and having to spam TD endlessly. Now I have 6! I was sooo excited about Okarods coming out! (until they became more worthless than Halarod) ... What I have learned? Dont buy from players shops!!! Hunt it yourself :-P

II_Tokio_II
Sep 22, 2008, 07:48 PM
see, the thing is, white beast IS ruining this game. It isnt fun anymore because 90% of the psu population runs it, leaving nobody to do a REAL mission.
Also before WB came out, the economy was balanced, missions were balanced, the game was fun. This exp boost it has and single element BS is what is ruining the game. If a new mission came out with just lighting monsters and same EXP boost, it would ruin the game to. All im saying is that its time for a little change...try something new for once! Hey, you might actually like it :D

And one more thing, this mission is bringing kids in to the game(completley new kids) and teaching them 1 thing and 1 thing only, WHITE BEAST. Thats not PSU, i didnt pay 40$ for WHITE BEAST, i dont pop WHITE BEAST into my xbox every day. I play Phantasy Star Universe. The community needs a little variety eh? Oh and Events are good and all....drop wise and element wise. but honeslty, thats not a real 140, thats a fin mag 140, an unfair exp boost necessary for nubs who only run WB. :D

Ya bro lol, not to mention all the techers that were running around with level 5 spells exceppt for Rammegid and Dammegid in MAG. Same goes for the level 140's with level 18 PA's.

flamesphere
Sep 22, 2008, 07:50 PM
Oh dont get started on that! That's happened to me a lot! I paid 6 mil for my puyo aura like 8 months ago, then they dropped like candy! I bought 2 Kazarods for 25 mil each, ( look at them now)! I bought a Cubo Musrana for 15 mil and a week later they started dropping at a new mission! I remember when tesbras first came out and having to spam TD endlessly. Now I have 6! I was sooo excited about Okarods coming out! (until they became more worthless than Halarod) ... What I have learned? Dont buy from players shops!!! Hunt it yourself :-P
Heh, I should have reworded that. Its the drop rates that bug me, and the missions that increase it for spamming purposes, like that oh so wonderful thing called GBR. I never buy my stuff, I play for months casually hunting it. Run once or twice, then do something else. I'm perfectly content with what I have, not worth going for stuff thats as common as dirt now. Oh well.

Barker 5227
Sep 22, 2008, 07:52 PM
Megi-photons sell for tons???? You must be kidding me. What server are you on cause I have multiple stacks of the stuff.

PST....Shred the Darkness is comming out in 2 months and according to psupedia(i did the math :D) youll need aproximatley 9801 megi-photons to get....1 megi sphere.....therefore making the grand total 970299 megi-photons for 1 dark wing :D

II_Tokio_II
Sep 22, 2008, 07:56 PM

Umm it does affect every player because some of us don't buy meseta from an online source to get a nice DARK weapon for WB. Every element is needed some more than others so when we try to buy a decent dark weapons it costs us way more than it should be, too bad this is supply and demand, but it's affecting us. Also if life is "perfect" bored wouldn't be a factor because life is "perfect" not perfect and boring and I can imagine life without PSU it's a game.

Syl
Sep 22, 2008, 07:56 PM
PST....Shred the Darkness is comming out in 2 months and according to psupedia(i did the math :D) youll need aproximatley 9801 megi-photons to get....1 megi sphere.....therefore making the grand total 970299 megi-photons for 1 dark wing :D

Uh... lol no. First off, we don't even have Parum GBR or the Lightning Carnival, that's easily already 3 months worth of updates >_>

II_Tokio_II
Sep 22, 2008, 07:58 PM
Uh... lol no. First off, we don't even have Parum GBR or the Lightning Carnival, that's easily already 3 months worth of updates >_>

Dude he said according to PSU-pedia not, "It's coming out in two months yeah no lie because I said so." yeah nice...

Syl
Sep 22, 2008, 08:00 PM
Dude he said according to PSU-pedia not, "It's coming out in two months yeah no lie because I said so." yeah nice...

Still doesn't mean he's not wrong lol.

II_Tokio_II
Sep 22, 2008, 08:03 PM
Still doesn't mean he's not wrong lol.

I never said he isn't, nice...

Syl
Sep 22, 2008, 08:05 PM
I never said he isn't, nice...

Implied though and I didn't say it like he said so so it should be that way ;o

II_Tokio_II
Sep 22, 2008, 08:07 PM
What, nevermind I proved my point bye bye to this thread.

Syl
Sep 22, 2008, 08:17 PM
wow ur dumb, Parum GBR comes out AFTER SHRED THE DARKNESS
Japan already finshed Shred, There now on Dengeki. And uhh yeah in around 3 months AND one more thing, Lightning carnival isnt called lightning carnival and it comes out in 09 SILLY LIL NUB!

You sure about that one? O_o

Also, it was called Dengeki in JP because Dengeki sponsored them. There's no chance in hell they'll sponsor us lol, hence Lightning Carnival, which is an accepted name for it. I hope for your sake you lurk the forums a tad more, please ^^;

Proof: http://psupedia.info/Lightning_Carnival

Look at the name o_o

JP currently is doing (or were doing) the 2nd Thanks Festa, and soon are going to be doing the second The Protectors missions, which was known as the Winter Event.

AweOfShe
Sep 22, 2008, 08:17 PM
wow ur dumb, Parum GBR comes out AFTER SHRED THE DARKNESS
Japan already finshed Shred, There now on Dengeki. And uhh yeah in around 3 months AND one more thing, Lightning carnival isnt called lightning carnival and it comes out in 09 SILLY LIL NUB!

No. Dengeki long passed. We're on Thanks Festa 2 actually. :P

Addendum: Parum GBR was before Shred the Darkness.

Barker 5227
Sep 22, 2008, 08:23 PM
No. Dengeki long passed. We're on Thanks Festa 2 actually. :P

Addendum: Parum GBR was before Shred the Darkness.

Then that means parum GBR is real soon??
The #1 forgegunner-dragon told me that shred is commin out soon, and i believe that his sources are the best considering how much he wants that killer elite :D:D:D:D:D:D:D ahhh.....killer elite/elic <3<3<3

Barker 5227
Sep 22, 2008, 08:25 PM
Rage much? O_o lol

:D not really, im just pissed in general at the fact that segac is so slow and horrible :D weather or not im right or wrong, im mad at the fact that we dont have it now or within the next few months :(

Ezodagrom
Sep 22, 2008, 08:27 PM
YOUR $^#*ING STUPID!!!!!!!! DENGEKI MEANS LIGHTINING IN JAPANESE YOU TARD!
WOW SHUT UT LITTLE KID MOUTH@!!!!!!!!@!@$$#@!@#!
For your information, Degenki is a Japanese Magazine, thus Dengeki sponsored the Lightning Mission Carnival event.

Also, the JP version got their events/GBRs in this order:
March - Lightning Mission Carnival
April - Neudaiz GBR
June - Parum GBR
July - Shred the Darkness
September - Festa 2

So...yeah, Parum GBR was before Shred the Darkness.

Barker 5227
Sep 22, 2008, 08:35 PM
this has no relevance to this thread.

maybe ur right after all....:(
idn....ive just read so many other things and heard so many rumors and am SOO READY for a change im very optimistic:D

Syl
Sep 22, 2008, 08:40 PM
If you hear about an update, always research it by reading the forums and checking out PSU-Pedia for info about the missions and what not. It turns you into informed player~

Barker 5227
Sep 22, 2008, 08:46 PM
If you hear about an update, always research it by reading the forums and checking out PSU-Pedia for info about the missions and what not. It turns you into informed player~

dokie okie!

im kinda new to fourms and always got my info from players and psupedia neway :D

unicorn
Sep 22, 2008, 08:53 PM
I'll be playing at white beast later cuz I need to lvl my alts.

=3

Dragwind
Sep 22, 2008, 08:56 PM
Consider this a warning to whoever feels like it's appropriate to spam or troll in this thread. Warnings will be given from this point on.

II_Tokio_II
Sep 22, 2008, 09:03 PM
Then that means parum GBR is real soon??
The #1 forgegunner-dragon told me that shred is commin out soon, and i believe that his sources are the best considering how much he wants that killer elite :D:D:D:D:D:D:D ahhh.....killer elite/elic <3<3<3

I just read and I told you Barker lol, that the Parum GBR and Shred the Darkness is going to be released simultaneously according to PSU-pedia.

Adora
Sep 22, 2008, 09:06 PM
If youre not happy here, by all means, please go play somewhere else then! Stop trying to ruin the game for those of us that happen to still like it! You go away and do your thing and we'll still be here because we love PSU! I dont think thats asking too much!

Aisha379
Sep 22, 2008, 09:08 PM
Also my post was full of super helpful information for you guys:

In short - Wait for an official announcement on the JP website

Gen2000
Sep 23, 2008, 08:30 AM

As mentioned before It's not just White Beast, it's the way this game is setup to do missions. It doesn't matter what rebalancing to missions you do there will always be a hotspot. The only thing different with White Beast compared to other hotspots in the past is it's the only mission in the same lobby to do, every other hotspot at least had 1 other mission within the same lobby to do for some variety and not get so disconnected with the current central hub of players still playing. It also lasted much longer than the other hotspots.

If they add a mega-party listing of sorts like previously mentioned there is a high chance that would be fixed but that's not gonna happen unless the JPN players complain about it and looking at their population they won't complaining anytime soon.

If youre not happy here, by all means, please go play somewhere else then! Stop trying to ruin the game for those of us that happen to still like it! You go away and do your thing and we'll still be here because we love PSU! I dont think thats asking too much!

Yeah...that's what most people are doing then between the boredom of solo'ing/partying with few friends (who quit later of boredom) and frustration of lack of updates/general feeling of ST "not giving a damn" they take long breaks or outright quit making the population dwindle to what it is today. If you enjoy the way the game is spiraling down then more power to you.