PDA

View Full Version : Kefka vs. Sepiroth

foamcup
Sep 21, 2008, 01:38 PM
Who's the best villain? Let's find out!

They both attempted to take over the world. How did they fare?

Kekfa: Used powerful magic to rip an island from the ocean and set it floating in the sky, threw the

Emperor to his death, destroyed the goddesses of magic and absorbed their power, becoming the source of all magic

and using his new power to reshape the face of the planet by raising land masses and displacing oceans, then built

a grotesque tower of pure magic from which he used his light of death to scorch the land and torment the survivors

of the cataclysm.

Sepiroth: Would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for those meddling kids and their dog.

How were they defeated?

Kefka: By the power of love. A band of heroes learned to accept their weaknesses and drew strength from

their love and hope to destroy him. You could say he still got a last laugh because when he died, all magic died

with him.

Sepiroth: By his own ineptitude. If he had let Aeris live, she wouldn't have been able to merge her soul

with the planet and stop the meteor, then he would have been able to revive his mother and sail the planet through

space like a ship looking for worlds to destroy as he intended to do in the first place. Instead he was defeated,

then came back as three pansy-ass emo kids and was defeated by Aeris, again.

Number of angel wings?

Kefka: Six

Sepiroth: One

Power level?

Both: OVER 9000!

A Winner is?

You Kefka!

The_Gio
Sep 21, 2008, 01:40 PM
Sepiroth: Would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for those meddling kids and their dog.

lmao!!

Shadowpawn
Sep 21, 2008, 02:23 PM
Bias much?

Powder Keg
Sep 21, 2008, 02:33 PM
I'd personally choose Kefka as the best. He's the type of guy who'll just do anything to win, no matter what it is. He's not even that interested in what's going on with anyone else, he just wants power and displays no regard for human life whatsoever, even on his own side.

Sephiroth was actually similar in this regard, but his accomplishments weren't as heavy. His attitude was also very different. I think Sephiroth is badass, but Kefka beats him out. I'm not going to hate Sephiroth just because everyone else loves him, though.

Kefka is actually my all-time favorite villain (closely followed by Luca Blight) just the level of insanity and the excitement when you finally come face to face with these kinds of villains is what makes a story great.

Shadowpawn
Sep 21, 2008, 02:38 PM
Oh fuck no, don't tell me GameFAQs came to FKL. :/

Sord
Sep 21, 2008, 02:40 PM
Oh fuck no, don't tell me GameFAQs came to FKL. :/

dun DUN DUN

Nitro Vordex
Sep 21, 2008, 02:45 PM
inb4lock

Tact
Sep 21, 2008, 02:48 PM
Neither of them would win, because they both have too many rabid fans. :wacko:

No offense to anyone here, but it's true that they have too many fans.

Kizeragi
Sep 21, 2008, 03:02 PM
Kefka would beat Sephiroth.

Kefka would beat 10,000 Sephiroths.

Kefka is better than Sephiroth.

Also that freaky Youtube vid of someone cosplaying Kefka. n_n...

Ranmaru
Sep 21, 2008, 03:08 PM
;3 .

TalHex
Sep 21, 2008, 03:21 PM
I think Van from Tales of the Abyss could probably hold his own against those two

Ranmaru
Sep 21, 2008, 03:25 PM
Fanboyz would never let that happen, mah boi. ;3

foamcup
Sep 21, 2008, 03:31 PM
:roll:

Come on people, it's a joke. Lighten up a bit. We could spin it the other way by pointing out that Sephiroth burned a town to the ground, destroyed a temple, kidnapped a bunch of children and brainwashed them, etc., while Kefka prances around wearing clown makeup and getting bitch slapped by some moogles in a cave.

Kard
Sep 21, 2008, 03:34 PM
Kozlov would headbutt them both, I'm afraid.

Meyfei
Sep 21, 2008, 03:36 PM
this thread has won the fangirls award of 2008. :wacko:

Hrith
Sep 21, 2008, 03:38 PM
me > j00

Tact
Sep 21, 2008, 03:40 PM
this thread has won the fangirls award of 2008. :wacko:

I think it could be much worse. If you throw Cloud into the mix, I'm sure many more will flood in to argue.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 21, 2008, 03:46 PM
Too bad Vegeta would kick both their asses, at once. :wacko:

Ranmaru
Sep 21, 2008, 03:47 PM
u forgot naruto BELEEVE ETT!

TalHex
Sep 21, 2008, 03:51 PM
and John could charge his rune arm and punch all their faces in!

Tact
Sep 21, 2008, 03:53 PM
Oh, by the way...who is this "Sepiroth" guy? :wacko:

Ranmaru
Sep 21, 2008, 03:54 PM
FF7 boss

TalHex
Sep 21, 2008, 03:54 PM
twin brother of sephiroth, he lives in the septic system

Chuck_Norris
Sep 21, 2008, 04:13 PM
Seymour is much awesome-er than both those d00dz. :<

Tact
Sep 21, 2008, 04:14 PM
If he lives there, I don't want to know how his attacks work. :disapprove:

Shadowpawn
Sep 21, 2008, 04:14 PM
Seymour was quite the bastard, I mean, killing your own father like that.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 21, 2008, 04:19 PM

Not to mention forcing Yuna to marry him while Tidus and the others had to watch, then killing almost all the Ronso on Mount Gagazet and using their souls to become one of the hardest (story) bosses in the game. :wacko:

Tact
Sep 21, 2008, 04:19 PM

Oedipus did worse than that. :wacko:

Go look him up if you somehow don't know who he is.

Kard
Sep 21, 2008, 04:20 PM
http://www.panhistoria.com/Stacks/Novels/Character_Homes/homedirs/9265images/pic.jpg :D

[edit] Damnit Tact, you ninjacat.

Adriano
Sep 21, 2008, 04:22 PM
Cause tact was too lazy .. . :disapprove:

Oedipus (pronounced /ˈɛdəpəs/ in American English or /ˈiːdəpəs/ in British English; Greek: Οἰδίπους Oidípous meaning "swollen-footed") was a mythical Greek king of Thebes. He fulfilled a prophecy that said he would kill his father and marry his mother, and thus brought disaster on his city and family. This legend has been retold in many versions, and was used by Sigmund Freud to name the Oedipus complex.

well shit.
He has his own complex...I want my own complex. :disapprove:

Sord
Sep 21, 2008, 04:24 PM
i have my own syndrome, good enough for me

Kard
Sep 21, 2008, 04:26 PM
it's fine, you'll find your inner 'w' one day!

Tact
Sep 21, 2008, 04:29 PM
Cause tact was too lazy .. . :disapprove:

Lazy? I just assumed almost everyone would know who Oedipus is.

Shadowpawn
Sep 21, 2008, 04:29 PM
Oedipus did worse than that. :wacko:

Go look him up if you somehow don't know who he is.

I read his story in high school. That was years ago.

TalHex
Sep 21, 2008, 04:34 PM
albedo from xenosaga could hold his own too, most fucking annoying boss ever to kill!

Adriano
Sep 21, 2008, 04:39 PM
Lazy? I just assumed almost everyone would know who Oedipus is.

well you know what they say about 'ass'uming. :wacko:
Anyway I was saying that in jest, but yeah I hadn't heard of oedipus or whatever, mainly because I don't really follow the mythologies. Quite interesting though.
And I'd say kefka sounds a tad more epic, Sephiroth is just Melfice witha face lift...err or the other way around.

Adriano
Sep 21, 2008, 04:40 PM
albedo from xenosaga could hold his own too, most fucking annoying boss ever to kill!

Albed, wasnt that a dialect in FF-X, X-2? :wacko:

TalHex
Sep 21, 2008, 04:42 PM
i wouldn't know. i didn't really like FFX to much. too linear for my tastes, i'll get around to playing it someday though

Adriano
Sep 21, 2008, 04:45 PM
i wouldn't know. i didn't really like FFX to much. too linear for my tastes, i'll get around to playing it someday though

I liked the purdy cutscenes yo. And the story was actually good I might say. :wacko:
But I played Xenosaga, the huge gnosis creeped me out though. Too much like thirteen ghosts. :disapprove: in that they can destroy you, but you can't touch them. Creepyyyy. *chills*

Tact
Sep 21, 2008, 04:45 PM
Albed, wasnt that a dialect in FF-X, X-2? :wacko:

I think it's spelled Al Bhed. I've never played it, though, so I could be wrong.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 21, 2008, 04:46 PM
Too bad both characters suck, too. I forgot to mention that.

Adriano
Sep 21, 2008, 04:48 PM
Yea, I knew there was an H in there some where, either way... phonetics. :wacko:

Adriano
Sep 21, 2008, 04:48 PM
Too bad both characters suck, too. I forgot to mention that.

which onez yo? ;o

Nitro Vordex
Sep 21, 2008, 04:50 PM
All of them mentioned in this thread, even ourselves. :wacko:

Adriano
Sep 21, 2008, 04:51 PM
All of them mentioned in this thread, even ourselves. :wacko:

I must agree. :disapprove:The only way we can redeem ourselves, is with an incredibly awesome pic of bill nye.

TalHex
Sep 21, 2008, 04:57 PM
I liked the purdy cutscenes yo. And the story was actually good I might say. :wacko:
But I played Xenosaga, the huge gnosis creeped me out though. Too much like thirteen ghosts. :disapprove: in that they can destroy you, but you can't touch them. Creepyyyy. *chills*

hah ha! if thats what creeped you out about xenosaga your head isn't screwed on quite right (i'm assuming that you made it through all of episode 1 right?)

Kard
Sep 21, 2008, 04:59 PM
Xenogears still had the more creepy revelation, though. ":3

Adriano
Sep 21, 2008, 05:00 PM
hah ha! if thats what creeped you out about xenosaga your head isn't screwed on quite right (i'm assuming that you made it through all of episode 1 right?)

Yeah I beat the game, my favorite character is the russian scientist that goes crazy.

Ranmaru
Sep 21, 2008, 05:06 PM
I think it's spelled Al Bhed. I've never played it, though, so I could be wrong.

Yep ur rite

Tact
Sep 21, 2008, 06:32 PM
I have nothing against it either. But, please, for the love of Spork, do it right. :wacko:

Ranmaru
Sep 21, 2008, 06:33 PM
Cosplays ARE serious, mah boi. Don't forget that. EVVVVVERRRR. :wacko:

The_Gio
Sep 21, 2008, 06:40 PM
I've never seen a good cosplayer ditch work to finish their cosplay, you know why? cuz they know the basics of: RL first, hobbies second

TalHex
Sep 21, 2008, 06:44 PM
not in my state, in my state if they suck at cosplying the take a box, paint it like the companion cube and stick on their head for the con

Larian
Sep 22, 2008, 02:52 AM
Who's the best villain? Let's find out!

They both attempted to take over the world. How did they fare?

Kekfa: Used powerful magic to rip an island from the ocean and set it floating in the sky, threw the

Emperor to his death, destroyed the goddesses of magic and absorbed their power, becoming the source of all magic

and using his new power to reshape the face of the planet by raising land masses and displacing oceans, then built

a grotesque tower of pure magic from which he used his light of death to scorch the land and torment the survivors

of the cataclysm.

How were they defeated?

Kefka: By the power of love. A band of heroes learned to accept their weaknesses and drew strength from

their love and hope to destroy him. You could say he still got a last laugh because when he died, all magic died

with him.

Sepiroth: By his own ineptitude. If he had let Aeris live, she wouldn't have been able to merge her soul

with the planet and stop the meteor, then he would have been able to revive his mother and sail the planet through

space like a ship looking for worlds to destroy as he intended to do in the first place. Instead he was defeated,

then came back as three pansy-ass emo kids and was defeated by Aeris, again.

Number of angel wings?

Kefka: Six

Sepiroth: One

Power level?

Both: OVER 9000!

A Winner is?

You Kefka!

You Sir, are my Hero!! =D

CrimsomWolf
Sep 22, 2008, 02:59 AM
Nah, Lelouch could pwn the tow within 3/4 seconds - after that they would be his slaves.

(Power of Absolute Obidience, mah boyz.)

Nitro Vordex
Sep 22, 2008, 08:31 AM
HEY GUYS, GOKU CALLED. LOL?

CrimsomWolf
Sep 22, 2008, 08:33 AM
It's Geass.

Most of the characters aren't really homo... bisexual if anything.

And for the matter we have yet to see him kissing Suzaku (which would kill me outright and I hope that it doesn't happen) but we did see him kiss C.C and Kallen (girls, both of them).

And Yeah, I'm Geass fan.
If sig was of any indication.

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!!!!!!

raikomaru40
Sep 22, 2008, 10:20 AM
It's Geass.

i'm aware of that, which is why i said gayass, to show my opinion on the show

also, KEFKA?!?!? he's a total fag (like LeDouche in Code Gayass), and Sephiroth could whoop his pansy ass any day of the week!

1 word, 2 syllables....BADASS!!!

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4586/sephiroth8jy.jpg

Cracka_J
Sep 22, 2008, 10:44 AM
Just wait til square releases their new fighter on PSP, kefka/seph already slated to be selectable chars. You can fulfill all your fanboy wet dreams then.

Solstis
Sep 22, 2008, 10:49 AM
i'm aware of that, which is why i said gayass, to show my opinion on the show

also, KEFKA?!?!? he's a total fag (like LeDouche in Code Gayass), and Sephiroth could whoop his pansy ass any day of the week!

1 word, 2 syllables....BADASS!!!

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4586/sephiroth8jy.jpg

He looks like an otaku turned heroin addict.

The fire?

Blew up his meth lab during a bender.

TalHex
Sep 22, 2008, 11:47 AM
he also looks like he is in desperate need of a hair cut

Sord
Sep 22, 2008, 12:01 PM
they are all powerless against the might of a crappy console laser

CrimsomWolf
Sep 22, 2008, 12:42 PM
The only thing you can consider "awesome" in Sehiroth is probably that way oversized katana.

I will not mention FFVII Advent Children. Fight acceptable, but in terms of villiany the guy can't even stand to Darth Vader...

I never get why people so riled up whenever FFVII characters are mentioned.
Hell Phanasy Star II and Nei were waaayyyyy faster and were less cliche than this...

And while on subject of Code Geass

Each of those guys make 100 times better (and authentic) villians then Sepi guy can ever do.
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq31/CodeGeassFan_21/Code%20Geass%20Guys/largeAnimePaperscans_Code-Geass_hyd.jpg
Also:

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc347/RukiTemaFan21/Animated%20Gifs/Code%20Geass/KallenKissing.gif
If anyone is gay than it's Sephi and his three pansy brothers.

Adriano
Sep 22, 2008, 12:54 PM
If anyone is gay than it's Sephi and his three pansy brothers.

Loz is THE MAN!

Kard
Sep 22, 2008, 01:19 PM
Nice photobucket account villain, crimson!

Also, Loz is indeed a man of sorts~

Powder Keg
Sep 22, 2008, 01:23 PM
fewls, vegeta would die because he'd take about a year to power up, and so would naruto because he'd take another year explaining how he did a move.

Moo2u
Sep 22, 2008, 01:36 PM
I wonder if anyone else in the INTERNET ZONE has ever tackled this topic before...

CrimsomWolf
Sep 22, 2008, 01:47 PM
photobucket thingy cleared away.

Seriously, I think that Sephiroth is waaayyy overused and overglorfied as "most badass villian ever" while all he did was runing around with that leather coat and katana.

Besides killing Aeris (c'mon people.... leave her in peace) and trying to crash a metor into planet (and trying to repeat it later) he did almost nothing...

That's not much.

Weeaboolits
Sep 22, 2008, 02:05 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d5/Ktreewnames.png/192px-Ktreewnames.png

CrimsomWolf
Sep 22, 2008, 02:07 PM
Yeah, Tree of Sephiroth.

Tiffa's name (slightly changed) is on this as well if you look cloesely.

Srsly, ever since NGE, it looks like everyone has a copy of it.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 22, 2008, 04:53 PM
You guys are stupid. Sephiroth, Kefka, or lelouch ain't got shit on this guy. [spoiler-box][spoiler-box][spoiler-box]
http://jobonga.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/060907hamburgler.jpg[/spoiler-box][/spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

Weeaboolits
Sep 22, 2008, 06:07 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/d/d3/GiovanniRBYsprite.png

Sord
Sep 22, 2008, 06:13 PM
this is like watching a contest over who has the shortest e-peen

Ladies and gentlemen, start your micrometers.
FOCL.

Kard
Sep 22, 2008, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdCfCSfkLqQ

Randomness
Sep 22, 2008, 09:46 PM
I've only played FFVI, but I've yet to hear anything to make me think Sephiroth is worse than Kefka...

Kefka's "accomplishments":
[spoiler-box]
1-Mental enslavement
2-Poisoning the entire kingdom of Doma
3-Drains Espers of their power, then kills them, repeatedly
4-Betrays Leo
5-Treason against Emperor Gestahlt (sp?)
6-Mass slaughter of Espers
7-Unleashing a cataclysm on the entire world
8-Stealing the power of gods
9-Unleashing numerous ancient monsters on the world
10-Leveling the city of Vector
11-Incinerating countless towns for opposing him
12-Inspired fanatical worship by his own cult
13-Attempted to destroy all existence
14-Various other crimes I may have forgotten
[/spoiler-box]

Can someone compile a list for Sephiroth?

Solstis
Sep 22, 2008, 09:50 PM
Darth Sidious.

Randomness
Sep 22, 2008, 09:54 PM
Yes, yes, Sidious is a pure incarnation of greed, and the lust for power.

Kefka is a pure incarnation of an insane sociopath given power.

CrimsomWolf
Sep 23, 2008, 02:01 AM
Sephiroth:

- Killed Aeris
- Tried to destroy the hole world
- Murdered a few people.

Ummmm... that's all I can think of right now.

Tact
Sep 23, 2008, 05:18 AM
Do you know why I think that they are not the most badass villains ever? They both were defeated. :wacko:

Kard
Sep 23, 2008, 05:58 AM
That's why Shao Khan from Mortal Kombat (at least in the 'MK: Konquest' live-action tv series) is among the best villains ever, eh? He never lost, and enslaved Raiden and everyone for all eternity. \^.^/

raikomaru40
Sep 23, 2008, 06:35 AM
He looks like an otaku turned heroin addict.

The fire?

Blew up his meth lab during a bender.

and CrimsomWolf said: And while on subject of Code Geass

Each of those guys make 100 times better (and authentic) villians then Sepi guy can ever do.

1. heroin addicts are badass

2. it actually is code gigigablast (i won't even capitalize it)

oh, and as for Darth Vader?

[spoiler-box]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f14/YoshTheDestroyer/sephiroth.png[/spoiler-box]

p.s. he's still the most badass swordsman ever

[spoiler-box]http://www.pspgn.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/sephiroth.jpg[/spoiler-box]

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 23, 2008, 08:48 AM
I wonder if anyone else in the INTERNET ZONE has ever tackled this topic before...
Shoot, things like this are too big for topics, they should stay as Polls of "Turkey Thanksgiving Dinner vs the High Five!"

Also, this topic will be closed now due to some misuse of adjectives/hate speech, and linking to websites we aren't going to be linking to around here. Also for being one of these never ending VS threads.

Clean it up people.