PDA

View Full Version : Stupid crap you bought and regret after you got a job.

deso123
Sep 23, 2008, 12:36 AM
Unreal Tournament 3
Domain and web space
forum software (lol)
Counter-Strike; Source
Web Cam (one of the more expensive ones and broke on me after a few months because I moved it around a couple of times)
Crappy ignorant civilian (noob) wireless headphones and expensive USB speakers.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 23, 2008, 08:35 AM
White leather/blue interior(or whatever the shoe equiv is, inside part) chuck taylors that were 1.5 sizes too big.

DVD's for full price. The Terminal/1 Hour Photo/LOTR:3rd one.

That'll teach you the value of a dollar.

Outrider
Sep 23, 2008, 10:21 AM
Phantasy Star Online Episode 3: C.A.R.D. Revolution (or whatever it was called) - I pretty much played this for five or six hours then remembered I don't like card games. Plus, I had paid slightly above the usual price for a new GCN game because Amazon was being stupid and overcharging at the time (like Toys R Us today!)

Wedding Crashers - Turned out there were already two copies of it in my house.

Lunch yesterday - Man, $7.22 for food court lunch? What is this world coming to?

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - Apparently my fanboyism DOES have its limits. A relatively fun game, but the fact that I bought it at Toys R Us for their stupidly marked up prices.

Several Nerf guns - I love my Nerf guns. The Maverick is amazing. The Nite Finder & used Firefly I bought? Not so much.

Sord
Sep 23, 2008, 10:22 AM
all the iced caramel mochas I've been buying lately. But they're soooo damn good.

Meyfei
Sep 23, 2008, 10:34 AM
a 11.7 litre tub of icecream... that wasn't cookies dough :( for 30$

TalHex
Sep 23, 2008, 06:16 PM
Lunar: Dragon Song
I liked one character out of the bunch, the game was easy as hell, the plot sucked, the spells were boring, spoiler: and you never even got to stab the damn villain, he committed suicide, asshole

Monochrome
Sep 23, 2008, 07:22 PM
When I got my first job, one of my first purchases was a katana (sword, not the motorcycle). Later on down the line, I got a 2nd job working nights to pay off my car quicker, but instead spent $2000 on a new flip-out touchscreen in-dash DVD player with navigation that I've used a couple of times in like 3 years, along with a sub (speaker, not the sandwich).

foamcup
Sep 23, 2008, 08:47 PM
Various things for ex-girlfriends. Next girl I date can buy her own damn stuff. :lol:

Deathnote books. It was cool until L died, then it was just bad. Awful. I hate it.

Tons of video games, Phantasy Star Universe and Spore come to mind. Halo(any, 2 being especially bad).

PSP

Wii

Leviathan
Sep 23, 2008, 10:34 PM
I haven't regretted anything I bought. :wacko:

Randomness
Sep 23, 2008, 10:40 PM
Uh... bought and regretted...

A book or two here and there, when I realize I should have just reserved it at the library and waited a day or two.

Outrider
Sep 23, 2008, 11:47 PM
Tons of video games, Phantasy Star Universe and Spore come to mind. Halo(any, 2 being especially bad pretty much the standout in the series).

Sorry, just had to fix some things up there.

Solstis
Sep 24, 2008, 12:08 AM
Halo 2 probably had the best multiplayer, according to my rabid Halo playing friend, anyway.

I probably regret playing WoW the most. I ended up drifting in the late teens to early twenties range, since everyone else was busy sitting their mules over in the Tauren town or raiding.

Larian
Sep 24, 2008, 01:04 AM
My second and third RX-7's...

TalHex
Sep 24, 2008, 07:30 AM
sonic the hedgehog ps3, it was almost like they tried to remake sonic adventure but forgot what they were doing half way through and tried to give it a unique plot... and i would say sonic and the secret rings but thankfully i didn't buy that one

Sord
Sep 24, 2008, 07:37 AM
Halo 2 probably had the best multiplayer, according to my rabid Halo playing friend, anyway.

I probably regret playing WoW the most. I ended up drifting in the late teens to early twenties range, since everyone else was busy sitting their mules over in the Tauren town or raiding.

well, the story was crap on all three, so what other basis is there

Outrider
Sep 24, 2008, 10:15 AM
Halo actually has a pretty well-done story in each game, but the problem is that often you need to have knowledge of stuff from outside the games to get the most out of it. But both Halo and Halo 2 do an excellent job of telling an action/sci-fi story. Halo unfolds in a great way (the revelation of the flood, then learning of the Forerunners, etc, etc - it's good, simple, but still pretty detailed), while Halo 2 has stronger character moments and set pieces. Halo 3 is where the story-telling kind of fell flat on its face.

But yeah, all-around (though I've only had Halo 3 for about two weeks now), I'd have to say Halo 2 is the best of the series... even with the missing ending.

raikomaru40
Sep 24, 2008, 10:22 AM
You neglected to mention the fact that Halo 3 has the best multiplayer of any shooter (next to Call of Duty) and also has, umm, oh yea, FORGE!!! Some of my most memorable moments in gaming were because of Forge. And next to Final Fantasy, Halo 3 is probably one of the best games period.

Sord
Sep 24, 2008, 11:10 AM
You neglected to mention the fact that Halo 3 has the best multiplayer of any shooter (next to Call of Duty) and also has, umm, oh yea, FORGE!!! Some of my most memorable moments in gaming were because of Forge. And next to Final Fantasy, Halo 3 is probably one of the best games period.

the only problem was that by the time Halo 3 came around, I had already burned myself out with massive amounts of hours of Halo 2.

Outrider
Sep 24, 2008, 12:19 PM
Again, I actually prefer the multiplayer from Halo 2 to Halo 3. A lot of the weapon changes in Halo 3 weren't steps forward, but more sidesteps, and I'm not crazy about the equipment. (That said, on the surface, they're both extremely similar, so we're basically just picking nits).

But yeah, Forge is pretty darn fun.

TalHex
Sep 24, 2008, 12:35 PM

only problem with that is the tales series easily trumps final fantasy...

Sord
Sep 24, 2008, 01:02 PM
I'm waiting for someone to say "map packs" on Halo. Seriously, wtf. They (err, Microsoft that is) charge for what is relatively minor extra content that communities and people develop on their own and give for free on PC.games

Weeaboolits
Sep 24, 2008, 01:29 PM
Potato wedges, I buy too many, then they get cold and don't taste as good reheated.

Outrider
Sep 24, 2008, 04:53 PM
I'm waiting for someone to say "map packs" on Halo. Seriously, wtf. They (err, Microsoft that is) charge for what is relatively minor extra content that communities and people develop on their own and give for free on PC.games

I mean, even back in the day, they would bundle together maps and sell them as expansions.

And Halo map packs are free if you wait a couple months.

I can't feel cheated about paying them for something they've worked hard on and that I'll be playing over and over again.

astuarlen
Sep 24, 2008, 10:41 PM
It's never the stuff I regret; it's the surrender of precious legal tender.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 24, 2008, 11:04 PM
It's never the stuff I regret; it's the surrender of precious legal tender.
Shoot, (they give you) cash which is just as good as money!

Trading is always fun too. 4 Lincolns for a Jackson.