PDA

View Full Version : Grind Bonus - is 10/10 worth the risk ?

CHA0TIX
Sep 23, 2008, 11:53 AM
'The grind bonus is the best time to risk getting a weapon to 10/10' - TRUE

But is it WORTH it? Even then?

Not everyone has enought S+10's to keep them going through the grind bonus.

Let's say that it costs 7mil to get 9+S+10s and 1 S+7 for the first grind.

Grinders will be sure to go up in value after the bonus, and your better off grinding with a 10% increese.

But, Is 7 mil a pop WORTH spending to try and get a weapon to 10/10?

My 2 pence is that yes, it is, for the right weapon.
A spread needle? not so much. (I'm not saying a SN/G is not worth grinding, im saying its not WORTH risking the break)

But if get Remaining Blades at the same times as the bonus, and Shigga Barecs are dropping all over the place, THEN, i'd risk it.

What do you think?

Darius_Drake
Sep 23, 2008, 12:21 PM
I think it definitely depends on the weapon. I have been trying my heart out hoping to get an Agito Repca board. If I did I would make it and that would be the first weapon I try to get 10/10 or as high as I can get it. Some weapons just don't give that much of a boost for grinds, but some weapons are only good if it is grinded. Those are probably the weapons to focus on. I have been saving my S grinders so far though. Don't have that kind of money you are talking about layin on any of my characters.

Cracka_J
Sep 23, 2008, 12:36 PM
Well here in pc/ps2 land, S+10's start around 2.5-3 mil a pop, considerably more expensive. So I can't really say that it's worth buying S+10's from player shops.

However, if you're lucky enough to have made yourself a few S+10's, I'd say it's more then worth it to take that chance once we get the boost. Especially if you have no intention of selling or trading your weapons (mainly the case with me). The stuff I risk grinding is mostly for higher output on my personal stuff, and I'm pretty happy with whatever I can add to the base stats because I generally fail at grinding.

But ya, I'll be pushing for a 10/10 pwand when the bonus hits. I don't have many s+10's, but I got enough for a few tries. Hopefully I can finally get some grinding luck and get that perfect pwand, lol.

Gen2000
Sep 23, 2008, 12:55 PM
If you got the S+10s to waste then go nuts. I'm personally just gonna shoot for more multiple +8s since I got a variety of Sranks on many characters I would like grinded high and not enough S+10s to go around to try to make em all +10s.

R2D6battlebot
Sep 23, 2008, 01:09 PM
Some facts to consider -

This is the best chance we will presumably ever get to grind things, so if you have something that is worth getting to 10/10, now is the time to make or break.

This bonus has been expected for a LONG time (I've been looking forward to it since JP servers unlocked it during their MAG event MONTHS ago), so if you didn't start investing in grinders when they were cheaper than what they are now, its your loss.

Grinders are probably going to go up in price during the bonus, so the only sart thing to be doing now is spending every last dime you have on grinders (7s, 8s, 9s, and 10s if you can afford them) because even if you wont use them you should be able to resell them during the bonus. Same thing with Base S/Olpad/Copernia.

This is my one philosophy with grinding weapons that are incredible at 10/10 but lose a TON of value once they are 0/9, like SN/G or Psycho Wands. You cannot get it if you don't try. It sucks breaking things that you cannot immediately replace, but it is just a game after all, even if you break everything you have you can still play.

Neith
Sep 23, 2008, 01:59 PM
Heh, I've been debating this with my Agito Repca. While +5 would be nice, +7 or higher would be awesome. The only thing stopping me is that I really don't want something bad like a 3/3 Agito if it breaks a lot...

Definitely trying for a few 10/10 weapons though, I'm just not sure on the Agito yet.

Alastor_Haven
Sep 23, 2008, 01:59 PM
I need my spread needles to at least +7

I could try for +10 or a +9 but meh +5 seems to work for me haha

Along with getting 4 of my weapon sets for FM to +5

I say it's worth it

Aisha379
Sep 23, 2008, 02:07 PM
Wanting to try my Spread Needle (currently 1/10), but the best I have is 5 S+9's, and I don't have enough money to buy lotsa S+10's, so I'm wondering if its worth trying =|

I'd like to try my Yamata-misaki too (38% 5/10) but I'd be sad if it broke.

Cracka_J
Sep 23, 2008, 02:09 PM
This is my one philosophy with grinding weapons that are incredible at 10/10 but lose a TON of value once they are 0/9, like SN/G or Psycho Wands. You cannot get it if you don't try. It sucks breaking things that you cannot immediately replace, but it is just a game after all, even if you break everything you have you can still play.

That's a big QFT in my book.
Great post man.

Turb0
Sep 23, 2008, 03:08 PM
In the past few weeks I bought a stack of S+10s so I should be good on grinders. I probably won't even use 40 of them though, so I'll actually have some money then thankfully. I'm going for 10 on my 1/10 rattlesnake, might on my 3/10 PW, and probably won't go for 10/10 but I'll have to grind my 2 SNGs. 5/10 is what I'm aiming for but if one breaks I'll probably just grind either until it's maxed out or 0/7 or lower. If both get to 5/10 though I might just keep going until one breaks so hopefully I'll end up with at least one really good one.

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 23, 2008, 03:13 PM
This is what i'll do:
Use S+9 up until 9/10(if i get that far)

XD

or somethin simiiliar

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 23, 2008, 03:23 PM
Considering grinding makes virtually no difference in weapon performance for about 95% of all weapons, I'd say go for it.

In the words of a legendary player, grinding adds "ping-diddly damage."

amtalx
Sep 23, 2008, 03:23 PM
If you EVER plan on doing it. Go for broke.

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 23, 2008, 03:38 PM
If you EVER plan on doing it. Go for broke.

Ha XD

Tetsaru
Sep 23, 2008, 06:57 PM
As much as I suck at grinding, I'll probably just end up selling a lot of my grinders. Then I'll just BUY someone else's 10/10 weapons! =P

Csero
Sep 24, 2008, 02:09 AM
I have three 0/10 Rattlensakes, three 0/10 Blackbulls, one 5/7 Needle Cannon, and another 1/9. And of course....my 0/10 SN/G. I am hoping to end up with at least one 10/10 rifle and a SN/G that is at least +5, though I would stop at +8. I spent every dime I ever earned on an assload of S+9's and 10's. Like 52 mils worth.

Why do I have the dreadful feeling I am going to sporting a pallet with nothing but weapons as high as +3....

mvffin
Sep 24, 2008, 03:07 AM
21 Pushan and 3 SNG

stopping after 3-4 Pushans at +8 or more, sell the rest
SNG will be decimated, keep the best, sell the rest.

if I have any grinders leftover, I'll grind my granahodorac a couple times, my 42%+Melee, and a ton of A ranks like Shato, Ranpegi, Muktrand, Gatranata, Aikasoki...

WhiteKnight01
Sep 24, 2008, 02:02 PM
iv 30 odd pushans and hopefully 4 or 5 will go to 10, 3 granahodorac's 6 or 7 grinds and il be happy maby a few tesbra's if i have any grinders left over, nothing else i have is worth grinding

Kizeragi
Sep 24, 2008, 02:33 PM
I'm going for it, even though I don't exactly have masses of S+10's (I have about 6...) S+9's are considerably cheaper and only lose a few ~% of the chance. Not everyone needs that maxed out chance, sure it's nice to have extra assurance on grinding valuables such as Spread Needle / G, but I'd rather save several millions off grinders rather than getting an extra 2-3% chance on reaching 10/10.

I've got a weapon to 9/9 using +9's before. I'll do it again with this boost... (hopefully)