PDA

View Full Version : Your Characters taken from Media

HiroChicken
Sep 23, 2008, 08:38 PM
In my relatively short time of playing PSU, I have seen a number of characters which have been modeled after characters from other video games, comics, movies, etc. So this thread is about characters you have seen and ones that you might even have!

I have seen, as most of us probably have, a number of decent (and not so decent) Neis and Rolfs from Phantasy Star 2. Outside of PS characters I have played with Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop, Major Kusanaji from Ghost in the Shell, and Ike from Fire Emblem/Smash Bros. Brawl, which were all pretty well done.

As for ones I have myself? Well, I liked my three regular characters, so I decided to use my fourth slot in order to create Pit from Kid Icarus on the NES, though he uses the design from Smash Bros. Brawl. I even made him a bit like Pit in his fighting style, favoring Longbows and Twin Daggers.

So what about you?

pikachief
Sep 23, 2008, 08:42 PM
VOLTRON.

i know nothing from the show, i heard of the name once and thought it sounded cool....

i dont think mine counts :(

Adriano
Sep 23, 2008, 08:45 PM
I had a newman named Fabien.....Everyone called me fabio. :cry:

II_Tokio_II
Sep 23, 2008, 08:46 PM
I've seen too many Sephiroths, Clouds, Naruto, Uzumaki Naruto, Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke, Sasuke Uchiha, Uchiha Sasuke, Orochimaru, Ethan, Tonnio, Itachi, Itachi Uchiha, Uchiha Itachi, Ichigo, Rukia, Kakashi, etc. etc. You get my point.

Syl
Sep 23, 2008, 08:46 PM
All original here :X

Though, the most noted name I've seen was a Sauske Uchia... supposedly he's had that name for 13 years looooooooooool

HiroChicken
Sep 23, 2008, 08:47 PM
I've seen too many Sephiroths, Clouds, Naruto, Uzumaki Naruto, Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke, Sasuke Uchiha, Uchiha Sasuke, Orochimaru, Ethan, Tonnio, Itachi, Itachi Uchiha, Uchiha Itachi, Ichigo, Rukia, Kakashi, etc. etc. You get my point.

I've seen plenty of people with Naruto character names, but I haven't really seen any that actually try to resemble the character and only use the name.

II_Tokio_II
Sep 23, 2008, 08:50 PM
I've seen plenty of people with Naruto character names, but I haven't really seen any that actually try to resemble the character and only use the name.

True, but can't reeally blame them because all they could use is the 10* slicer Shura-hiken and there isn't really clothes that are made for cosplay on PSU anyways.

burninglink5
Sep 23, 2008, 08:51 PM
My CAST and newman are named Master Chief, and my Caseal is named Samus.

II_Tokio_II
Sep 23, 2008, 08:52 PM
My CAST and newman are named Master Chief, and my Caseal is named Samus.

Makes since lol forgot about robots. :D

Tyreek
Sep 23, 2008, 09:14 PM
My Human female was supposed to be Kaede Kushinada from Blue Seed. She was my PSO character, but I've far deviated her from her original concept. Now she's just my Kaede. ^^;

Noblewine
Sep 23, 2008, 09:15 PM
This looks like fun.

Noblewine a healing item from .Hack//
Keldric and Niccolo are from Seiken Densetsu
Contra from the Contra franchise

Aisha379
Sep 23, 2008, 09:34 PM
My main's name is Aisha, everyone always sees me and goes "Oh Outlaw Star?" or "CTARL-CTARL 8D"...I hate it.

While I did originally hear the name from Outlaw Star, my character is not supposed to be made in the image of the character from Outlaw Star (even though she is a tall, darker skinned beast).

My other characters are Jen, Rain, and Paranoia, all original in name and concept.

Macras
Sep 23, 2008, 09:37 PM
i've seen uhm....

-Gene Starwind (decent though there were some things off)
-Mion Sonozaki (who's hair was way too dark, among other things wrong...)
-several too many spehiroths
-several naruto variants of failure
-several sasuke variants of more failure
-pikachu (not close but still hilarious)
-one or two ichigo

and many more im forgetting becuase either they were that bad or i merely just forgot

the main trend i noticed among these is that most just use the name and make the character as they please. but really... you can just find one of the many sites on the internets that HAVE LISTS of names. some can even search for names with certain meanings, nationalities and first letter.

Kinako78
Sep 23, 2008, 09:41 PM
My Human female was supposed to be Kaede Kushinada from Blue Seed. She was my PSO character, but I've far deviated her from her original concept. Now she's just my Kaede. ^^;

Same here with my character Nova. She was originally based on Nova from Magic Knight Rayearth in PSO, but has since become her own character.

I mostly have originals, but my CAST is named Zakuro, after the character from Tokyo Mew Mew.

Packrat
Sep 23, 2008, 09:48 PM
All original characters here. But I did see a pretty good CAST Captain Planet character once o.o;

str898mustang
Sep 23, 2008, 09:51 PM
All Original
Orius
YOmap
Megalodon V9.0

lee-san
Sep 23, 2008, 10:30 PM
I went with a female cast and called her Death Scythe Hell. Gundam Wing was one of the better moblie suit shows.

Skids
Sep 23, 2008, 10:42 PM
Fun time.

1st char Skids

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Skids

My male cast and general handle is base off this guy and unless its a transformer message board its rare to see any duplicates of him. I will bring up TF reference when I play as him. Backstory for my char is a Transformer disguise as a cast on a mission for the all spark

2nd Char Kiyone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiyone_Makibi

My Human Female and currently my prefer character design for female video game characters I can create. I seen one duplicate of her that went by the full name Kiyone Makibi with are main difference was hair style and clothes. But face and height were right on. Sadly the player who made the full name version has recently deleted her. So I'm the only known player to go by that char. When I play as her I do bring up Galaxy Police , her desire for promotions, and Mihoshi casuing her trouble

3rd Char Kiyora

http://www.robotechresearch.com/battlecry/characters/characters.htm#kiyora
http://www.robotechresearch.com/battlecry/collectors_edition/tekiva_kiyora%20copy.jpg

My Beast Female. I haven't seen anyone go by these name. When I play as her I don't bring up robotech stuff with her but have more agressive style with thsi char similiar to the character she base off of.

My 4th char is Nova

My Female newman. Its a common name and I do see a few Nova's. I more wanted a wild card char I can do whatever I want on persoanlity and looks. This was the name I can settle on while others I had in mine. I would feel more stuck playing a style base of their char. For which help settle on the name was base off this Nova

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nova_Satori

Gunslinger-08
Sep 23, 2008, 10:56 PM
Only my main takes a name from another series, as far as I know.

Gatz - http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Gatz
Since then, he's changed a bit, but there are still some similarities. (Now if only he could transform into a giant reaverbot too. :()

_Vyser_
Sep 23, 2008, 10:57 PM
All my characters are original except for Sportacus.

Sinue_v2
Sep 23, 2008, 11:31 PM
My two Numen were inspired by, and part of a continuation of, the classic PS Numan line. Neika is named after "Nei" and "Rika" since she is a clone of her sisters, and the culmination in the refinement of both the NM-1000 and NM-2000 series. She plays the classic adversarial role to NM-3084, a reference to NM-2011 in the PSMD and PSO as well as Neifirst from PSII. Neika is also the name of a woman from the history/legend of Tasmania, and her role in PSU bears a resemblance to hers. "Neika" is also the name of a patented (but never mass produced) device which electronically locks out a firearm for unregistered users. This bears a vauge resemblance to Neika's purpose as not just a bio-weapon, but a living "Nei Weapon" who's true purpose is currently locked away has yet to be revealed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Sinue/NeikaandRolf.jpg
A picture I took during MAG of Neika and Rolf Landale in the lobby.

Arisa is named after Alis Landale (Alisa/Arisa in JP), but being a CAST Guntecher, she bears no resemblance to Alis.

Lyle is named after the first generation Layan Prince Lyle in PSIII, and bears a resemblance to a black Lutz. The only reason he's a ForteTecher is because I don't have a dedicated techer - but his main job is Protranser.

DAMASCUS
Sep 23, 2008, 11:46 PM
My first two mains are mostly original:

DAMASCUS - Inspired by Damascus weapons from Vagrant Story on PS
Manoseus - Inspired by the elf with a bow theme from LOTR with relevant shortcuts

My two alts are less original:

Giotto - King of the dwarves from Final Fantasy
Roland Deschain - Badass gunslinger from a series of novels by Stephen King
Note: Seen a couple other gunslingers as well ;)

ashley50
Sep 24, 2008, 12:15 AM
Names i use taken from Metal Gear Solid Series, Macross, Da Capo and a original one ;l

Hrith
Sep 24, 2008, 12:18 AM
Terra from Final Fantasy VI and Olbohn from Legend of Mana. The others I made up.

Celi-Ka
Sep 24, 2008, 01:29 AM
Celi-Ka and Duel Edwards: Rendition of DJ Celica and DJ Duel from beatmania IIDX (PS2)
Shurelia: From AR Tonelico: Melody of Elemia, or アルトネリコ世界の終わりで詩い続ける少女 (PS2)
Elie: From Atelier Marie and Elie: Zarlburg Alchemist (Manga and PS1)

MSAksion
Sep 24, 2008, 02:04 AM
1) Mahou Shoujo Aksion - My New-woman main's name is taken from the genre i stole it from - Magical Girls. Thing is i made a Magical woman and what a woman i created. Most magic girls are girls in poofy cute frilly outfits. Mine is a refined and defined woman. Idea from Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha and from Virtual On's Angelan WM. Long Purple hair, green eyes, slender legs,

2) Hinamori Momo - My 2nd is a human who on a whim i made her to compliment a friend's shota Hitsugaya Toushirou. My and the real Hinamori Momo isn't exactly a Loli per say but kinda on the younger side. My Momo is much funer and more happier than her Bleach counterpart. Instead of black i make mine wear pink and red and white and hug everyone. Idea from Bleach (yes dont hate me)

3) Angelan WM Aksion - my third is from Sega's own Virtual On Oratorio Tangram. my original design called for a recreation of the SGV-417-L "Ice Witch Angelan WM". A FOCAST in a mech fighting game where the other suits use guns and swords she uses a Magical Staff spear and ICE spells. She comes complete with magical girl frilly skirt, pony tail, sparkles as she flies, and ice spells generated by her Ice Photon Crystal Staff. I already have a magic girl. So i made my Angelan into a Fortegunner =p

4) All-Aksion - my 4th is me. All-Aksion. theres a joke in there about my nickname but basically i can do it all. hence All-aksion. Cept he's named Frontline. i'm gonna remake him during the next boosted event. frickin sega. if i can just rename and re-make my body proportions dammit.

HiroChicken
Sep 24, 2008, 02:10 AM
All original characters here. But I did see a pretty good CAST Captain Planet character once o.o;

For some reason this makes me want another character slot. not for Captain Planet, but for making Gato from Chrono Trigger. "I have metal joints..."

GoldenFalcon
Sep 24, 2008, 02:44 AM
My characters (as seen in my signature) along with my un-leveled alt Genoria, are all original. Even all of my PM names are original. Although, Zakon and Genoria are the two oldest; the others came about due to PSO and PSU.

R2D6battlebot
Sep 24, 2008, 03:28 AM
I made my Beast char named Apollo, and his PM named Sylvia, from the anime Sousei no Aquarion. I have actually had another player recognize him too, back in the days of Crimson Beast. It was pretty easy to recreate the char with the hairstyles and clothing options on PSU, but still I'm pretty proud of it. This is the original Apollo (you don't even have to play the video, that's him on the front):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L97_Cv-yxdA&feature=related
Unfortunately though, I'm on 360 so I can't take a screen shot of my char, but I'm sure you can imagine what he looks like.

Mag_Launcher
Sep 24, 2008, 05:10 AM
I openly admit I have little to no originality. However, I picked lesser known/used video game characters so it still seems a little unique, in a way.

Mag Launcher - Came from the ol' Dreamcast (later Gamecube as well) RPG known as Evolution. I had personally used Mag as a main character since, well, the very beginning of PSO, but... in PSU I've let him fall to the wayside, I just never felt the urge to play as him anymore since he doesn't really specialize in anything.

Linear Cannon - Also hailing from Evolution, she was the early game healer type, and fit the role of a newman acrotecher quite nicely.

Juno - There's quite a few characters by this name, I know, but this particular one I based from Jet Force Gemini on the N64, and was a perfect choice for a cast gunner.

Muro - Probably a WAY obscure throwback to Bungie's last pre-Halo game, Oni. This character was the main villain, and was made as a beast due to the fact that under certain conditions at the end of the game, he has a transformation that is VERY much similar to the beast's own nanoblast.

Indica
Sep 24, 2008, 06:05 AM
Richard Simmons

Jian-Zero
Sep 24, 2008, 07:21 AM
All my characters are original, in fact, many like to ask where my character names came from. They seem familiar yet mysterious and people cannot think of the media they came from.

All my characters have the name "jian" in them. If you are familiar with the Japanese word "ken" like in "ken-do", it means "sword". Ken is a word of Chinese origins, and that word happens to be "Jian". A Jian is a two edged sword, in contrast to the Dao, which is a single edged sword. Dao in turn, is the origin for the Japanese word "To" e.g. Ninja-To.

Jian also has another meaning which is to annihilate.

My first character is named Ahjian which is a corruption of the word Anjian. Anjian is the name of my second character. What the name means is "Dark Sword". A third character is named Jian-Hachi, a mix of Chinese and Japanese words. Basically it means Jian no. 8 or the 8th Sword. My PMs are all named the same way, like Jian-Kyu (the 9th Sword). One PM is named however, Taia. But if you look closely, Taia is the name of one of China's legendary Jian, and its name means "Tai Mountain". In the following essay, the Sword of Taia, also called the Taia-Ki, is the metaphor of the spirit of the Martial Artist under Zen.

http://www.daikonforge.com/downloads/TheUnfetteredMind.pdf

This is written by Zen Master Takuan Soho to his student Ono Tadaaki, head of the Itto school of swordsmanship. The essay is meant to realize the mindset of the Ultimate Warrior. Among the students of Soho and followers of the essay include swordsmen like Yagyu and Musashi.

Although the names are pretty unique, I like to cosplay my characters depending on how close I can match certain costumes and CAST parts to the character.

I often find female CASTS with the name KOS-MOS. A little research will tell you that KOS-MOS is the name of the female super-robot in the Xenosaga series, which has also been made into a 13 episode anime. KOS-MOS it seems, has passed down into a gaming history as one of J-RPG's most enduring heroines. Likewise from those series, are characters with names like Shion and Momo, both also female.

Now I see some of the casts trying to cosplay KOS-MOS as best as they can, although its simply impossible to copy her hair style. Some of the CAST parts can approximate what KOS-MOS is wearing though, while its not hard to match her hair, eye and body suit color. KOS-MOS also has a head gear and an ear gear that is white. The CAST ears for the females is however black. Still I try to make one of my CAST girls look as much as KOS-MOS as possible.

I get somewhat better success cosplaying these various characters.

With my female newman,

Yohko from Gurran Laggan. She's not hard at all, she's a red head with a ponytail, wearing a black flame bikini top, black shorts, pink stockings and white boots. The flame bikini top can be approximated with a black or red bikini top or even the red-back Hunewe top, but its impossible to get black shorts with pink stockings because the GojGoj shorts with the pink stockings comes with white shorts. The boots is easy, get white GojGoj boots.

I also did Nao from Mabinogi. Nao is the Goddess of Life in Mabinogi. Blonde twin ponytails, with blue eyes, a black dress with red stockings.

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Intro/

With my female CAST,

Rei Ayanami from Evangelion --- If she's wearing her white jumpsuit like she wears inside EVA 00, its easy to cosplay her. You can get her hair color, eye color and suit color. The one detail that can't be captured is the hair or side bangs on the side of her cheeks, so the short hair styles in PSU can only approximate.

Asuka Langely from Evangelion --- She's easier than Rei because she didn't have those side bangs. Same CAST parts used to make Rei.

Saber from Fate Stay/Night. She's easy to approximate too, although like most anime girls she had those side bangs and most hair styles in PSU don't have side bangs. But there is a round pony tail that is close to what she's wearing. Using the right parts, you can get an approximate of either her maid dress or her battle dress, as well as her long skirt. The arm parts is another because one part gets it close enough, the battel part, which would have been perfect except it has a big shield covering the shoulder, while Saber didn't have this. However, this part actually enhances the image of the character as a knight. Best with a fighter carrying a big Flowen's Sword to match the sword Saber carries.

Astarin
Sep 24, 2008, 09:56 AM
Three of my characters take their names from other media, but nothing more. (not that anyone would ever guess them) Their looks and styles are my own. Just, if I hear a name I like elsewhere, then I reuse it.

RadiantLegend
Sep 24, 2008, 10:35 AM
All character names are original and have the word "Aim".

Aim is basically my last, first and middle initial but as far as pso/psu storyline goes...

There are many different clans with the name Aim in the phantasy star universe. Each clan is differenciated by their speciality (such as Hunter, Ranger, Force) and by their race type.

LegendAim: CAST hunter created from a previous Aim hunter (Demonslayer Aim) from pso. Built for only one purpose, to take over the entire Aim clans. There is only one thing stopping him ........ his LAZINESS
[The Aim born to be a Legend]

RadiantAim: CAST Ranger who left his clan in search of a legendary Aim ranger. After many years of searching he found this ranger gave up his life as a ranger. Disturbed by this news radiant vowed to show the Aim clans that no Aim will ever liveup to his name. Such determination was hindered by his love for ..... girls
[The Aim born from the Radiant stars]

DemonGirlAimee: CASEAL hunter/ranger created by the dark Aim clan from the memories of Aimee, the mother of all Aims. This demon girl has two sides to her. There is the girl who seeks to be with her Master Xaelis and then there is the demon who wants to resurrect the Dark Star Aim using both legend's and radiant's bodies.
[The End to all Aims]

LordAim: ....he exist but rarely seen. The one meant to rule all the Aims. Currently been controlled by demongirl.
[The forgotten Aim]

~Radiant Legend vs. Demon Lord chronicles~ ......sorta-kinda-maybe-ish story

stukasa
Sep 24, 2008, 10:44 AM
All 3 of my characters are completely original. I thought about making my fourth character based on some existing media but I haven't needed a fourth character yet. ;p

amtalx
Sep 24, 2008, 10:57 AM
You get a cookie if you can tell me where Daelan came from.

Gen2000
Sep 24, 2008, 11:06 AM
All my characters have original names.

.I did see a pretty good CAST Captain Planet character once o.o;

I remember him from Crimson Beast days, he was really close to looking like the real Capt so he stood out a lot.

Along with all the Naruto/Ichigos there are just as many Dantes too. Used to see a few Guts and Caskas too but many of them seem to have died out, only mass media names I didn't mind seeing since Berserk is awesome.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 24, 2008, 11:27 AM
You get a cookie if you can tell me where Daelan came from.

Neverwinter Nights, or Daelan Kael from 7th Heaven?

HiroChicken
Sep 24, 2008, 11:57 AM
I openly admit I have little to no originality. However, I picked lesser known/used video game characters so it still seems a little unique, in a way.

Mag Launcher - Came from the ol' Dreamcast (later Gamecube as well) RPG known as Evolution. I had personally used Mag as a main character since, well, the very beginning of PSO, but... in PSU I've let him fall to the wayside, I just never felt the urge to play as him anymore since he doesn't really specialize in anything.

Linear Cannon - Also hailing from Evolution, she was the early game healer type, and fit the role of a newman acrotecher quite nicely.

Evolution was a pretty fun game! I can see Linear being made pretty easily. If you don't know what Mag would specialize in, why not make him a striking character since that is what his robot would do? Now you want a cool character? Gre Nade would be fairly simple to make, aside from his outfit. Just make him a ranged character so he can use his elephant gun hunting rifle. 8-)

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 24, 2008, 12:07 PM
My characters were original once, back in PSO. My PSU characters are all just remakes of previous PSO version characters across GC and BB. Well actually, Shard was originally a Chao.

Kizeragi
Sep 24, 2008, 12:11 PM
Kizeragi and Valiencia = Made up.

Reo: Took from one of the creatures in Monster Hunter G JP, named Reosoul(Azure Soul) He is metal skinned (CAST much?) and is Blue+Purple, the colors I have him in atm. There's a few other Reo's but that doesn't bother me.

Exelica: Took from a very old Dreamcast (I think?) game called Triggerheart Exelica, which was remade for the Xbox Live Arcade. Just liked the name so I'm using it, suprised I'm the only one though.

CelestialBlade
Sep 24, 2008, 12:18 PM
Chelsea Torn - From Tales of Destiny, but I've changed her so much that she's mostly original now.
Ciarra Rhuden - Original, though inspired by Sheena Fujibayashi from Tales of Symphonia.
Iris Einbroch - My take on the aftermath of Iris from Megaman X4.
Anise Tatlin - From Tales of the Abyss.

Mag_Launcher
Sep 24, 2008, 12:35 PM
Evolution was a pretty fun game! I can see Linear being made pretty easily. If you don't know what Mag would specialize in, why not make him a striking character since that is what his robot would do? Now you want a cool character? Gre Nade would be fairly simple to make, aside from his outfit. Just make him a ranged character so he can use his elephant gun hunting rifle. 8-)

Well, he was originally a melee character, and this was a bit of a far cry from what Mag had been in PSO. (formerly a maximum height RAmar, not terribly accurate, I know.) I've more or less drifted back into gunner types now, and felt melee classes were just too high maintenance to really keep up with anymore. And as for why I don't just use him as a gunner, well, I seem to avoid using him because he has no outstanding ability or stats like the other races do.

As for Gre, I had thought about it before, but I DO try to keep accurate outfits on all my characters, and Gre just wasn't really possible to do. That, and I kept to a strict policy of no two characters of the same race, so there wasn't any room for that, either. Best I can do is name that butler PM after him, since that looks more like him than any actual character will. (Though if there was a full-size version of that PM's clothes like in PSP...)

Akaimizu
Sep 24, 2008, 01:30 PM
I have no online characters based on other Media. I have one offline char, which I don't really play anymore, named Orlando D. and he was a newman version of a spitting animated image of Billy D. Williams. Kind of a Lando of PSU.

Still, I could say that I have an easier time doing something like that in this game than pretty much every other online game I've played. Normally, I'm so limited that I can't even attempt to recreate a character because the limitations keep me from making the ones I would want to use.

Kinako78
Sep 24, 2008, 01:35 PM
Well, he was originally a melee character, and this was a bit of a far cry from what Mag had been in PSO. (formerly a maximum height RAmar, not terribly accurate, I know.) I've more or less drifted back into gunner types now, and felt melee classes were just too high maintenance to really keep up with anymore. And as for why I don't just use him as a gunner, well, I seem to avoid using him because he has no outstanding ability or stats like the other races do.

As for Gre, I had thought about it before, but I DO try to keep accurate outfits on all my characters, and Gre just wasn't really possible to do. That, and I kept to a strict policy of no two characters of the same race, so there wasn't any room for that, either. Best I can do is name that butler PM after him, since that looks more like him than any actual character will. (Though if there was a full-size version of that PM's clothes like in PSP...)

Wow, I thought I was the only one who played that game. It was a lot of fun. I made a RAcaseal named Rinia (the Japanese spelling of Linear) in PSO, but she looked nothing like her. I just wanted to use the name. I also remade Rinia in offline PSU. I never got to play the 2nd Evolution game, though. :(

AweOfShe
Sep 24, 2008, 01:59 PM
Rain / レイン - Not particularly taken from anything. I used this name a lot as a screen name before using 'Awe Of She'. I couldn't think of a name for my Newman, so I just decided to use it, and it stuck. :P

Fifth - I took it from a title of an H-Game series......... Yup... :l

Ava Maria - Took it from a title of a song with many variations, 'Ave Maria'. The particular song I had in mind when I used it was in a Korean Drama called 200 Pounds Beauty.

藤原・忍 (Fujiwara Shinobu) - Just a generic Japanese name used for my tubby, generic-looking Asian Human Male character. :P

月恋歌 (Getsurenka; Translates to Moon Love-song) - Taken from a title of a song again. I'm particularly fond of this song, and the title is sort of a fitting name for another female Newman. :P

Akaimizu
Sep 24, 2008, 02:09 PM
Wow, I thought I was the only one who played that game. It was a lot of fun. I made a RAcaseal named Rinia (the Japanese spelling of Linear) in PSO, but she looked nothing like her. I just wanted to use the name. I also remade Rinia in offline PSU. I never got to play the 2nd Evolution game, though. :(

Awesome! Another Evolution fan! I actually have the series on Dreamcast and even got a copy of the elusive Neo Geo Pocket version of Evolution. (A game in which, outside of not using 3d polygons, pretty much kept the entire content of Evolution in it, making it one of the longest RPGs on a pocket system, at the time. That is, until more recent years and technology brought longer RPGs to pocket systems. Then again, Neo Geo Pocket Color had 40 hours of battery life so it was a likely candidate for an early full-length console-sized RPG.)

I can see why PSO wouldn't have a Linear Cannon, but I do like how some PSU outfits would work well with that one. Including the swimsuit with the puffy arms since she's all about loose puffy sleeved shirts.

joefro
Sep 24, 2008, 02:21 PM
My characters as of now:
joefro M Beast
PM- Serenade, Eternal Sonata
joefro M Newman
Used to be Seeker, from Harry Potter.
PM-Agent 99, Get Smart
Bonquesha F Beast(Retired)
Used to be Lindsay Bluth Fünke (http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0011694/)
PM-Colonel Sanders
J72 F CAST(Might remake during next event, for proportion reasons)
This one is named after my Halo 3 service tag.
PM-Blu-Ray

Shou
Sep 24, 2008, 02:31 PM
I'm Shou....

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 24, 2008, 02:35 PM
My Characters....and where i got the names from:
Jaye (my nickname)
Eclipse( was looking up more about lunar and solar eclipses and i couldnt think of a name that day XD)
Calypso (odyssey)
Charybdis (odyssey)

I rarely come across people who say "you took my name" bcuz one.....unless you read or seen the Odyssey....they wouldnt know who calypso and charybdis was.......well calypso has multiple other meanings but you get what i mean ^_^

Cracka_J
Sep 24, 2008, 02:54 PM
Barack Obama.

But he can only play when authentication servers are down T_T

Mikura
Sep 24, 2008, 03:37 PM
I admit, I have no imagination whatsoever, so most of my character names are pretty common, except for one:

Mikura: Mezzo Forte
Neith: Z.O.E.
Lilith: Darkstalkers

...And I don't have a 4th yet. Well, not a permanent 4th at least. So far, Mikura has been the only name I've never seen anyone else with, so I'm pretty happy about that. Lilith is common, but I've always liked the name, so it stays. I'd probably change Neith's name to something else if she wasn't already 140...But oh well.

RegulusHikari
Sep 24, 2008, 03:39 PM
Regulus: Main protagonist of the story I'm writing. Name taken from Bomberman 64: TSA.
Bulzeeb: http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z158/CloudStrife64/Bulzeeb.jpg (Dark Regulus from the same game)
Misty: Another protagonist from my own story. (Definitely NOT based of Pokemon's Misty -_-)
Cosby: http://cosbybrosbrawl.ytmnd.com/

Neith
Sep 24, 2008, 04:28 PM
I'd probably change Neith's name to something else if she wasn't already 140...But oh well.

Yeah, only reason my Caseal is Neith is because it was the name of my HUcaseal in PSO, and I wanted to bring her to PSU- as a Fortegunner. >_> :wacko:

Anyway:
Neith, as mentioned (Female Cast). Name is from two places: 1) Zone of the Enders (Neith is the main 'enemy' mech, if you really want to class it as 'the bad guy' >_> and 2) Neith, as with most of ZOE's Orbital Frames has its name taken from Egyptian history. Neith was the goddess of war/fertility who welcomed the dead to the afterlife.

Terra, my Female Newman. Before everyone calls me a FF fanboy- I did NOT take the name from Final Fantasy VI, contrary to popular belief. The name Terra also refers to the earth- I liked the name a lot, and used it way back on PSOGC. About 5-6 months later, I discovered FFVI and found out why everyone had been asking if I played it :disapprove:

Ukitsu, my (n00b) Beast. Ukitsu is one of the fighters from Ikkitousen, an anime/manga I watch.

Shiori, my Human was just taken from a list of names I liked the sound of. Like Terra, I then found out it's character's name in Inuyasha. It's what I get for taking JP names I guess.

Just to note: Neith's PM is called Ardjet- another female Orbital Frame from Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner.

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 24, 2008, 04:38 PM
Yeah, only reason my Caseal is Neith is because it was the name of my HUcaseal in PSO, and I wanted to bring her to PSU- as a Fortegunner. >_> :wacko:

Anyway:
Neith, as mentioned (Female Cast). Name is from two places: 1) Zone of the Enders (Neith is the main 'enemy' mech, if you really want to class it as 'the bad guy' >_> and 2) Neith, as with most of ZOE's Orbital Frames has its name taken from Egyptian history. Neith was the goddess of war/fertility who welcomed the dead to the afterlife.

Terra, my Female Newman. Before everyone calls me a FF fanboy- I did NOT take the name from Final Fantasy VI, contrary to popular belief. The name Terra also refers to the earth- I liked the name a lot, and used it way back on PSOGC. About 5-6 months later, I discovered FFVI and found out why everyone had been asking if I played it :disapprove:

Ukitsu, my (n00b) Beast. Ukitsu is one of the fighters from Ikkitousen, an anime/manga I watch.

Shiori, my Human was just taken from a list of names I liked the sound of. Like Terra, I then found out it's character's name in Inuyasha. It's what I get for taking JP names I guess.

Just to note: Neith's PM is called Ardjet- another female Orbital Frame from Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner.

Yea at first i wanted to name my female cast Neith (from ZOE) although i did know the egyptian background from it as well.....that day i thought bout...i saw bout 5 people with the name so named her calypso instead o_o

fayt6
Sep 24, 2008, 05:37 PM
except for my beast berethor all of mine are 100% orignal
Rob (my name)
emily(girlfriends name)
felix(...idk i just think tis a cool name)
so yea lol

Mikura
Sep 24, 2008, 05:59 PM

Anyway:

Yeah, I knew about the Egyptian history behind the name as well. I was hoping many people wouldn't use the name since Z.O.E. is somewhat old now, but I guess not. xD Unfortunately, I didn't notice you had a Neith until mine was approaching 100, so by then, it was too late to try remaking her. I may make another female Cast though with my free 4th slot and raise her like Neith, then when she's 140 (or close enough to it), delete Neith. <_<

Ryno
Sep 24, 2008, 06:04 PM
( i've seen this kind of thread before )

but anyways i'll go again.

Ryno - Ryan
Ryan - Ryno

even people in person call me Ryno

LoL if there is to many Ryans in the house or anywhere else they will just say Ryno... haha and they dont even know i play PSU or PSO..

Pika
Sep 24, 2008, 09:33 PM
my main character is Shana, and is based of the main character from Shakugan no Shana, this character is a big reason i wanted the Sange from MAG. as for making her look right, iv gone back and forth on the hair trying to find one that matches best, none of the clothes iv seen so far really work, so iv had to settle for other stuff...
I do keep a flame garment on since she uses flames in the series....also the reason for my Two Headed Ragnus, tho i may replace those soon anyways....

my second character is Yuki Nagato, from Haruhi Suzumiya, i think i have the look good enough for now.

if i ever bring it back online, i do also have a Pikachu, created simply because iv always had a Pikachu character all the way back to PSO V1 on the Dreamcast. i try to keep the look decently close, and other stuff when possible.

my other Character, i dont really use anymore either, his name is from one of the old Gundam Series, Quatre, but has no base from there....just used the name for some reason (i had never even seen the series when i started using the name back on Dreamcast).

the only other name iv used much is SilverCross, which im not currently using on PSU.

*edit*
forgot to mention, my PM usually matches the character as well.

Jian-Zero
Sep 24, 2008, 09:43 PM
I finally got a good combination of parts, colors, hair style to get a credible cosplay representation of KOS-MOS, albeit more of a combination of the way she looked in Xenosaga Episode II and III rather than Episode I. Enough for people to stop and say "KOS-MOS?" even though my character ain't named that way, rather far from it.

I also worked out a combination of parts for a female CAST to cosplay and approximate the look of Kan'u Uuchou from Ikkitousen. That's the one that is the reincarnation of Guan Yu from the Three Kingdoms and swings that large Guandao of hers. If there is only an axe or a spear that could approximate the look of the Guandao it would be perfect. The idea I have in mind is the Kan Yu on the end of a stick.

I think its possible using the clothing to do an approximate cosplay of Morte and Lia from the series World Destruction (new anime and game series from SEGA.)

tirith
Sep 24, 2008, 10:04 PM
gerwen- random name generated when i started playing everquest and i liked it <pack mule/magic wand maker heh never play him>
tirith- minus tirith from lord of the rings meaning city of defense making tirith defense... <he's a beast FT>
ruri- ships navigator from martian successor nadesico mostly just like the name <cast FG but not dressed to look like her>
and kurai- meens dark or gloomy in jp and she's my dark clothed/haired newman AT

DreXxiN
Sep 24, 2008, 10:18 PM
All of my characters are originally named by me, except Charles! Obviously, that's a reference to a famous Youtube vid..lol.

Not really a fan of copying characters or names really.

Ethateral
Sep 25, 2008, 07:23 AM
I'm all original here as well. I see a lot of FFVII and Naruto references though. >_>; Save us all...

Phetty
Sep 25, 2008, 10:13 AM
I made a F Cast after Lenalee Lee (http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/414/lenalee1024gu2.png) of D.Gray-man, and a M Cast named O2 after the first opening of Code Geass' second season.

Kylie
Sep 25, 2008, 10:17 AM
Lorelei was sort of from media (if you consider a poem by Sylvia Plath media), but she's long since dead. My current characters have nothing to do with other people though--in fact, they could make me seem narcissistic. :( Kylie, Libra, Elle. All about me. Stud is only Stud because I couldn't decide on a male name and also wanted to ruffle a few feathers. :-P

Kryslin
Sep 25, 2008, 11:32 AM
What the heck...

Account #1 (GT Kryslin)
Mirage (F C GT), Mirage Weiss(F C PT) - A reference to the LED Mirage Mortar Head (mecha) from Nagano Mamoru's Five Star Stories. Mirage Weiss is closer to the original Mirage, A character I've used in PSO since V1. Mirage is a pure GT, and is quite able to Solo S2 missions on Neudaiz (currently looking for Jigoboomas...). Mirage Weiss is a Protranser, coming up over the type level 5 hump...

Nariya - one of the 2 tragic cat girl sisters from the end of Vision of Escaflowne. Can't get the look quite right, but looks close. Saw an Eriya lurking around GHQ during MAG/MAG2. Would probably be closer to concept as an Acrofighter, but I've having too much fun landing the 3rd combo from Gravity Break and smashing monsters higher level than the character into the dirt...

Usagi - Originally from Sailor Moon, as is, you guessed it, a F Newman Fortetecher. About the cutest thing she's got is a collection of Satos... You can't duplicate the hairstyle, but you can get it pretty close. This is an older, lot less whiny and irritating Usagi. Howrods, Shato/Majimra, and a Creasabra (gotta have something to open boxes when the pp runs out...)

Account #2 (GT Feadrun)
Kiraia (F B GT) The name was borrowed (from El-Hazard OVA 1), but the concept was simply to see if a beast made a better GT. She's been called Jail Bait on lobbies on PSU, usually with a Lol tacked on.

Kitsu-hime (F H AT/WT) Original Name, original character. License Reads "Kitsune in Training". Currently having fun as an AT Zapping nearly everything in the game with techs from her not so cute but very useful collection of Dori...Which I'll have to give up if I make the move to WT...

Concepts for the remaining 2... RGM-79a Jegan (From MS Gundam : Char's Counterattack), and Colus (Again, a nod to the Five Star Stories)

Things I've played around with... Was going to try to make a Combat Model Lou (based off of a comment Lou makes in one of the story missions) named Lou-117, but the Female Casts have no good body armor style parts (unlike the male casts)...

amtalx
Sep 25, 2008, 11:37 AM
Neverwinter Nights, or Daelan Kael from 7th Heaven?

Good call. :D Its from NWN.

I ate your cookie though...

Tianna
Sep 25, 2008, 11:48 AM
My main is original unless you were born over 37 years ago with the birth name Tianna..in which case my parents stole it from your parents ^^

Anyway here we go:

Tianna (my RL name)
Sierra Fawn (liked Sierra games on pc at one time and just like the name Fawn)
Witch Weigh (sounded cute and she's a techer)
April A. Wine (dunno why but sounded cool atm)

Cracka_J
Sep 25, 2008, 12:49 PM
My main is original unless you were born over 37 years ago with the birth name Tianna..in which case my parents stole it from your parents ^^

Tianna, I know we discussed this before, but its always great seeing that I'm not the oldest one here. :D

And yes, I lie. As hard as it is to believe, the "J" is not a horrible misspelling of genius. As many have guessed, it is my first initial, and a nickname given by my wonderful racist (j/k) friends in the chicago fighting game scene.

Kinako78
Sep 25, 2008, 01:07 PM
Tianna, I know we discussed this before, but its always great seeing that I'm not the oldest one here. :D

Ditto. :D

Garanz-Baranz
Sep 25, 2008, 04:36 PM
o.o

My names are sort of original.... but not really.

Kitty Zelos, a FEMALE Beast, is named after the Silver Gigas of Skies of Arcadia. Originally on PSO as a FONewearl, her appearance then was also much more mature and gothic. When delved into PSU, she slowly became a Beast from Newman. The name of Zelos has no connection with the Silver gigas, or the Tales of Symphonia [what ever it is, never played it] Zelos. She is Zelos herself, Kitty is just an add on to be representing of her beast quality and relation with Kitty Arika.

Kitty Arika, another Female beast, is a representation of myself, taking after my real first name. This name is simply to represent myself, as if I'm in the game itself, thus taking an originality curve. On PSO, she was originally named Bluehim Blue, which was based off of Bluhiem, the Blue Gigas, aslo from Skies of Arcadia. Eventually, I just made the name be Arika. Which after fuss, made it into a clan name, NEO_ Arika. And finally, after more fuss, evolved into Kitty Arika.

E-126 Omega is a Male CAST. He is made BY my brother, not me. My brother wished to have E-126 Omega as a name relating to E-123 Omega from the Sonic the hedgehog games. It reallity, it's a typo my brother made on the original PSO RAcast variant's name. the relations shared by the Sonic's E-123 Omega and our E-126 Omega is souly the girth, body color, and general attitute. Seeing as there are no Parts with large hands, and stubby Legs, much like the E-123 Omega, me and my brother settled on a fusion of Boxtos Arms, and Legs, with the Gimnas torso. and eventually the RAcast parts, though those are rather far from the Original Omega on Sonic's games.

The original Omega on PSO had what would be a "Black Primary, Red Secondary" coloring, with the LARGEST posible torso for a RAcast on PSO. o.o; Which was madly large.

Epsilon Hyral is a Fem-CAST, her name is just based off of the greek/Roman letter Epsilon. Epsilon's last name, Hyral, is from a dear friend's name, relating in a "family" sort of way. Hyral is from my friends name, Dfang Hyral. Not much class in this name, all in all.

Akaimizu
Sep 25, 2008, 04:41 PM
Well, if you want to take names into account. I will have to say that my 2nd character 'Mufonna Tigre' has her first name resembling Mufasa from Lion King. Just that since she's female, I removed asa and put in Onna. However, the name is pronounced the English way, not the japanese way. And besides, it still remains a name that can send a shiver down your spine when you say it. "Mufonna!"

The character is all original, though. Another 'break the stereotype' type of character which is part of my collection of short stories "Chronicles of The Six Square Circus" which centers around the affairs of the Nbareh family of circus performers.

Morganna
Sep 25, 2008, 05:38 PM
I made a fonewearl that will wear the mirei outfit when I get it, I named her Paseo Hinamori. Though I was thinking of Bleach when I named her, and her face does sorta resemble Hinamori's a little, it was semi-random. She's more like Mirei than Hinamori. The basic look I was going for was this chick: http://img229c.imageshack.us/img229/2491/wpap20051429qa.jpg

Only I ended up with blue hair and green eyes.

KunoTatewaki
Sep 25, 2008, 10:31 PM
all my characters have media references
Kuno from Ranma 1/2, Xanatos from Gargoyles, Golgo 13 from Golgo 13, and of course Xellos from Slayers

dogg1000
Sep 25, 2008, 10:35 PM
My man is Astro and hes beast male so everyone assumes Astrodog or Astroboy ):

Chuck_Norris
Sep 25, 2008, 10:47 PM
Chuck Norris, and Sheena Fujibayashi.

dogg1000
Sep 25, 2008, 10:53 PM
Chuck Norris, and Sheena Fujibayashi.
Its Chuckles >.>

Chuck_Norris
Sep 25, 2008, 10:57 PM
Its Chuckles >.>

it's Asstro. >.>

Poignantswine
Sep 25, 2008, 10:59 PM
R.S.-IJX Mk.2 - Nothing interesting, enjoy the coffee, move along. Please read all disclaimers before consumption.

VEND-IJX - Unit for conveyance of coffee to the public/merc for hire. Will punch for meseta.

Wexel - rarely sees the light of day.

Flamingo King - a pilot...IN SPACE!!! Lives....IN A CAVE!!!........................IN SPACE!!!

Morganna
Oct 2, 2008, 09:24 AM
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/523/paseo2qa8.jpg

Tried to make her resemble this chick

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/585/thgameee2.jpg

Came as close as I could, I think.

AweOfShe
Oct 2, 2008, 09:31 AM
Nice. I was thinking of picking up that game today too.. XD

Morganna
Oct 2, 2008, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I bought it partially for the sake of trying something new, and partially because of the purple haired chick. Though now I realize, as someone told me yesterday, she's a "fucking Nei clone!" booyah!

sephiroth115
Oct 2, 2008, 10:24 AM
My beast Dante is modled after the Devil May Cry Dante, Tried the best with what is available. Hmmm... My Kain I guess is loosely based off of the Dragoon Kain from the Final Fantasy series. By loosely I mean he looks like he's wearing knight armor. And of course if no one noticed my SN then yeah... If only they made a class that could use S rank swords and magic...

shotsfired
Oct 2, 2008, 10:28 AM
my first char, Rammathorn, from super troopers.

Sinderella, like the disney princess, only Sin is a whore.

Darth Virgin, Male Cast, models most star wars fans, (thinks he knows all, thinks he is the most powerful Cast Gunner in PSU, but still hasn't gone all the way with a real woman, once again, like most Star Wars fans.)

D. Sucka - the homosexual Beast Fortefighter. he is strong, but watch your ass... literally.

Beekeeper
Oct 2, 2008, 12:42 PM
I really am a beekeeper, hence I have characters named:

Swarm
Drone
Apis

With partner machines named:

Sting
Hive
Honey

tadtwisted
Oct 2, 2008, 08:22 PM
1.) Locutus of Borg LV 140 - PM is 7 of 9 (Star Trek) CAST
2.) Queen-Bee LV140 - PM is Worker Bee (try to stay dressed in Yellow) Neuman
3.) Lucian LV 140 - PM is Lycan (Underworld) Beast
4.) Xena LV111 - PM is Gabrielle (Xena: Warrior Princess) Human

japanese dinosaur
Oct 2, 2008, 09:39 PM
my cast is named kiva based on kamen rider kiva

http://www.showwallpaper.com/show.php?wid=021377

this one.

bupjo
Oct 2, 2008, 09:45 PM
one of my characters i named OTOGI. games that were released on the original xbox. Otogi and Otogi 2.

Lyon-O
Oct 3, 2008, 12:50 AM
My Beast Lyon-O Everybody know where that from and His PM Snarf THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOOOO

My Human Odin and His PM Myau are from the First Phantasy Star Game

My Newman Rune is from Phantasy Star IV

ChronoTrigga
Oct 3, 2008, 01:45 AM
My beast fortegunner Seripa, is based off of Seripa, one of Bardock from Dragonball Z's teammates.
My main fortefighter ChronoTrigga is based off me.
My alt Guren Mk-II is based off of a Knightmare Frame from Code Geass.
My other alt, Hiro Nakamura is based off of Heroes' Hiro. Save The Maiden! Save Gurhal!

Rambo!
Oct 3, 2008, 06:01 AM
Well I have a friend who has a character name barrack obama, another with one named hilarry clinton. I also haved a friend who has a character named bill cosby that does in fact know what the jazz is all about

Eyce_Theon
Oct 3, 2008, 07:38 AM
I have a Chef Ramsay, who will become more noticeable once the twin Pan sets are released.

LuigiMario
Oct 3, 2008, 08:07 AM
VOLTRON.

i know nothing from the show, i heard of the name once and thought it sounded cool....

i dont think mine counts :(

It's on xbox Live

Crusher 2397
Oct 3, 2008, 12:57 PM
i have a cast female named Pinball Wizard

SabZero
Oct 3, 2008, 02:15 PM
My
female human is my alter ego,
female CAST has delusions of being the next SHODAN,
female beast is a little tomboy with a heart of gold,
male newman is either modeled after a blue skinned deity or Sylar from Heroes

^^

Kinako78
Oct 4, 2008, 09:35 AM
all my characters have media references
Kuno from Ranma 1/2, Xanatos from Gargoyles, Golgo 13 from Golgo 13, and of course Xellos from Slayers

You gotta show me Xanatos sometime! I love Gargoyles! I don't think I ever saw Kuno, either.

IrisForscythe
Oct 4, 2008, 10:11 AM
I have a Force I started a few days ago that I'm trying to model after Hanyuu from Higurashi no naku koro ni. I also have a Female Cast named Setsuna whos (Very vaguely) based on Sakurazaki Setsuna from Negima then I hate Fate from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. Iris is my own creation.

GaNksTa
Oct 4, 2008, 10:35 AM
My main character was originally going to be The Dude (Jeff Lebowski) from "The Big Lebowski", though there weren't any brown robes that matched to my liking, so I decided against it.

Now what I'd like to see someone pull off is Dr. Frankenfurter (Tim Curry) from the Rock Horror Picture Show; not just the name- a similar appearance to a certain extent. That... would be amazing.

My GT, Rena, was taken from .hack//Twilight.
My FiG, Guren, was taken from PSO; katana.
My FT, Mirei, also taken from .hack//Twilight; Mireille's IRL name.

I believe it was in PSO that I named my FOnewearl after Mirei. That would probably be why I chose to use it once again.

As for Rena, I'm not quite sure why I named her that... I quite enjoyed the name ReDGuNNeR9, in which I used for my RAcaseal in PSO..

Yeah...

Sha Sha
Oct 4, 2008, 11:39 AM
Marron, my beast is Original altho people seem to think he was based off Marron from Sorcerer Hunters.
I picked the name outta a baby book long ago for a original character I had created.
Tassja my newman is named after me since my real nick name is tassja
Tsukuyo Suzu, my human, looks is based of the ESPADA of BLEACH, Both Tsukuyo and Suzu was picked by me before i even created the character. Suzu was originally my Fonewm on PSO and Tsukuyo was my HUmar XD
Now Roxel Xenova was a bit more meh, Her characters design was original but not really her name. Roxel is Roxas and Axel together that meh friend monica told me and i liked it. Xenova is my boyfriends characters's last night since he was with me when i created her.
I have had more names Like Tk Foxx was once my RAcaseal in PSO and then my female cast here, however I can't can't seem to play casts that well....
heh

Midicronica
Oct 4, 2008, 12:09 PM
Two of my characters have completely original names, while the other is half original.

My female cast who is named Etherelda is original.

The female beast named Lamora Miraca is original, as well.

Now the 3rd character who was my first and unfortunately, I don't play with often anymore is named Macross Lukander. I've used that name is just about every RPG that would allow me to have a name that long. The first name is obviously from the anime Macross while the last name is something I thought up when first playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I was trying to think of something that sounded a bit "Star-Warsy" and that's what I came up with.

Morganna
Oct 4, 2008, 01:23 PM
Oh yeah, the purple haired newman chick I posted a couple pages back. Her name is Paseo Hinamori.

Paseo was just a sort of random name I decided would sound nice on a female. I also notice it sounds similar to Haseo, the protagonist of the .hack//GU games.

Hinamori is a girl from Bleach, and while I was thinking of that when I put the name in, she isn't a Hinamori clone by any means.

Martine
Oct 4, 2008, 02:05 PM
The only char i have that is include in a another game is: Candy Cane. From Rumble Roses. The rest is my own roleplaying story char. ^^

DEM_CIG
Oct 6, 2008, 03:25 AM
All my names are mostly orginal...
Cig, Sumi and Seraph.( Though there are a few different Seraph's on the Xbox 360 server...)