PDA

View Full Version : After starting up EpIII again, I realize why I left...

TheOneHero
Sep 23, 2008, 11:25 PM
The stupid dice roll.

I always have such bad luck, getting 1's and 3's nearly every turn. It's bloody hard to set something decent and be able to make use of it. -_-

Blitzkommando
Sep 23, 2008, 11:42 PM
I started up Ep3 about a year or so ago. I then realized why I left so quickly.

It sucked. And not in a good way.

Outrider
Sep 23, 2008, 11:44 PM
Wow, I had completely forgotten about the dice roll. I hated that.

Honestly, even if Ep III was a single-player only affair with a super linear level-based structure in order to deal with the story, I think I would've enjoyed it better.

Larian
Sep 24, 2008, 12:34 AM
My dice rolls came out pretty well most of the time...actually, I haven't lost yet offline...

TheOneHero
Sep 24, 2008, 02:03 AM
I haven't lost either, it's just I'm sick of getting C or below ranks. =/

Tact
Sep 24, 2008, 05:01 AM
The stupid dice roll.

Did you ever notice the settings where you can change the minimum and maximum dice rolls? :wacko:

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 24, 2008, 05:24 AM
HAX the game and play as Night Elf NAIAN-HawkX with his dice collections.

? though, is this dice rolling as slow as the Mario Party dice rolling?

If so, that's double the suck.

raikomaru40
Sep 24, 2008, 06:14 AM
that's double the suck.

double the fun

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/6/6d/200px-Happy_Cookie_Friday.PNG

Larian
Sep 24, 2008, 01:10 PM
I haven't lost either, it's just I'm sick of getting C or below ranks. =/

Oh yeah...my rank did always suck...Ohh that kinda sucks...Ohh...I suck! =/

Sord
Sep 24, 2008, 01:30 PM
I played it years ago for about a week. I still don't remember the dice roll.

Weeaboolits
Sep 24, 2008, 01:32 PM
I rather liked it myself, it was like Duelist of the Roses, minus the suck and with awesome PSO stuff in it.

Ranmaru
Sep 24, 2008, 01:58 PM
Well, I love EP III. Tired of bad rolls? Use a Dice +1, but some of you probaly didn't play far enough to even get any assist cards. Usually, when I roll a dice to decide who goes first, usually the opponent (when I play COM players I mean) gets it. Its really annoying, I get a 4, and that person gets a six! Ugh! So, thats why I don't roll, I wait for it to roll itself, haha. I think it helps at times.

Episode III has awesome cards, awesome music, and an awesome story. You can't go wrong, unless you dislike card games. : <

I always have such bad luck, getting 1's and 3's nearly every turn. It's bloody hard to set something decent and be able to make use of it. -_-

First, maybe the minimum roll was one and max was three? You should always check the rules to be prepared for what may happen. Do you use alot of high cost cards? mostly over 3? Why not just make a deck where you have items that cost 1-2, and you would have alot of stuff on. ;3 for exampe, two handguns, two Crush bullets, and a Mechgun. With action cards, and a Dice + 1, you can do alot of damage. If you rolled a 3, you would be able to put on a handgun and a mechgun/crush bullet! Now, for higher cost cards, you would probaly need to have a Dice 1+, and hope you get around 4-6 on a roll. :3

ShinMaruku
Sep 24, 2008, 02:03 PM
From I saw the card,s that game could go to hell and stay there.

TheOneHero
Sep 24, 2008, 02:06 PM
I'm not talking about Free Battles, I always change the dice roll for those. :p

The only assist card I have right now is territory. >_>;

Besides, I always thought the rules in Story Mode were set. =/

Ranmaru
Sep 24, 2008, 02:11 PM
Well there is your problem, its not always set. Sometimes, the min is 3 and max is 3, oh shit, what to do? get mostly 1-2 cost cards. Well, depends how far you have played in the game. Only a territory, eh? PLAY MORE GOD DAMN IT!

TheOneHero
Sep 24, 2008, 02:13 PM
I'm playin' fool! I'm playing! >D

Ranmaru
Sep 24, 2008, 02:23 PM
Good. : > Now somehow get online and team wif me!!!

Tact
Sep 24, 2008, 04:29 PM
I summoned a mis-textured Sinow Red once. Too bad I don't have any pictures of it anymore. :disapprove:

VR-Raiden
Sep 24, 2008, 04:54 PM
damn, so much hate.

If you can't deal with getting some bad dice rolls, you won't like this game :/
Everyone gets bad dice. Not always something you can do about, but it's still a great game in my opinion. Seems like a lot of people didn't give it a chance cause they got some bad roles early on and said screw it. Oh well, their loss :P

also I don't blame anyone stopping if they only play offline. Online was where the fun was.

Ryna
Sep 24, 2008, 05:00 PM
I summoned a mis-textured Sinow Red once. Too bad I don't have any pictures of it anymore. :disapprove:

You mean this one?

TalHex
Sep 24, 2008, 05:15 PM
quick tact! data drain it!

TheOneHero
Sep 24, 2008, 05:32 PM
damn, so much hate.

I've gone through almost all of the Hunters story with those horrible dice rolls. >_>

Overall though it's fun as card game, so I'll stick with it.

Larian
Sep 24, 2008, 05:53 PM
Maybe I'll eventually pick it up again...But I have so many other titles going on before it! I did beat Jeanne D'arc though...I was pleased with that. Plus I still have to make time for PSYOU...

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 24, 2008, 05:54 PM
For multiplayer, I change the dice setting to Min/Max 6. For single, I pack one or two Dice+1s. Problem solves itself pretty quickly.

Oh and when I finally got that Dice Fever +. Good times. :)

Larian
Sep 24, 2008, 07:03 PM
I haven't gotten any assist cards yet...when do you start getting them?

VR-Raiden
Sep 24, 2008, 07:16 PM
you find them like any other card.

the black pack tends to give more assists.

Shadowpawn
Sep 24, 2008, 07:16 PM
The only assist card I have right now is territory. >_>;

It sucks ass, doesn't it?

Tact
Sep 24, 2008, 07:28 PM
I'm sure you can check the guides for that. :wacko:

I actually don't remember when I started getting Assist Cards.

Ranmaru
Sep 24, 2008, 07:29 PM
damn, so much hate.

Everyone gets bad dice. Not always something you can do about, but it's still a great game in my opinion. Seems like a lot of people didn't give it a chance cause they got some bad roles early on and said screw it. Oh well, their loss :P

also I don't blame anyone stopping if they only play offline. Online was where the fun was.

Hey, I gave it a chance, and you are right, its their loss. I still can't believe TOH would not play it anymore for a few bad dice rolls, like I said, low-cost items + Dice+1's are your best bet against that, but its mostly a game of luck. So, I guess you probaly lucked out with deciding who goes first, eh? Haha. To be honest, I would keep restarting a battle (specificly going against Lura and Break alone, I would want to at least get up to them) to get the upper hand. Well, I would play online, I would have no problem. :3

Oh, and Territory doesn't suck, its awesome. If used on you, and you use a specific deck, say, Poiully slimes, (if you did take them out before hand, you wouldn't be able to put them back in, as long as Territory is up) you wouldn't be able to take those out, and then you would be screwed. xD

I haven't gotten any assist cards yet...when do you start getting them?

Well, if you read the tutorial, you will get them a little bit later on in the game. Don't worry, if you are on Hunters side, you don't need them for now. (Arks need them more, I think) Although hopefully you will get a Dice +1. Just keep on playing, and you will get some, slowly, but surely.

TheOneHero
Sep 24, 2008, 07:42 PM
Bad dice rolls were the main reason why I stopped before.

I also got pretty bored. :p

VR-Raiden
Sep 24, 2008, 08:58 PM
Ranmaru I understand; you aren't one of the people I was speaking of :)

Did you try it online TheOneHero? Once I started playing online, playing offline was almost a chore for me lol

I got bored of offline after a while but online always provided something new.

TheOneHero
Sep 24, 2008, 09:00 PM
I ran around online for awhile back in the day, but never really got a chance to play. =/

Tact
Sep 24, 2008, 09:00 PM
I played online, but I was horrible at it because none of my decks were designed for team battles. :disapprove:

Ranmaru
Sep 24, 2008, 09:13 PM
Why didn't you design team decks, then? ;3

Tact
Sep 25, 2008, 05:12 AM
I actually only played one online battle and I had no idea that they wanted me for a team battle. I was sort of on-the-spot, so I wasn't able to go build a deck for it in 5 minutes.

Ranmaru
Sep 25, 2008, 05:37 PM
Hopefully you at least put some ally ok defense cards.

Shadowpawn
Sep 25, 2008, 09:31 PM
Oh, and Territory doesn't suck, its awesome. If used on you, and you use a specific deck, say, Poiully slimes, (if you did take them out before hand, you wouldn't be able to put them back in, as long as Territory is up) you wouldn't be able to take those out, and then you would be screwed. xD

I'm not following your logic here. You're saying Territory is great because it can screw you over?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 25, 2008, 10:59 PM
EPIII : you just got screwed by your own cards.

VR-Raiden
Sep 26, 2008, 12:44 AM
I'm not following your logic here. You're saying Territory is great because it can screw you over?
It would be great for the person that used it in that situation, not the person that gets screwed over (I think that's what Ranmaru meant).

Outrider
Sep 26, 2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I stopped playing it because of slow, boring gameplay that you had to work for versus gameplay that works for the user.

You people are kuh-razy.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 26, 2008, 04:33 PM
I remember my first day online. My friend and I joined a team tourney and won. We were only level 1s online, level 20 or so offline. We beat level 50s.

Ranmaru
Sep 26, 2008, 06:44 PM
It would be great for the person that used it in that situation, not the person that gets screwed over (I think that's what Ranmaru meant).

Yes, that is what I meant. ^^; I guess it would better suit a player who also uses Arkz side cards.

I remember my first day online. My friend and I joined a team tourney and won. We were only level 1s online, level 20 or so offline. We beat level 50s.

Well, the only thing Cardlevels are good for are acquiring cards. So, maybe you both had better luck, or better decks than them. ;3 Did they have better cards?

Shadowpawn
Sep 26, 2008, 06:57 PM
Or they suck at strategy.

VR-Raiden
Sep 26, 2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I stopped playing it because of slow, boring gameplay that you had to work for versus gameplay that works for the user.
fail.

:P

I never used Territory really, it's too likely it'll hurt yourself or your partner.

Shadowpawn
Sep 26, 2008, 10:47 PM
Just looked in the database. You know what assist card kicked massive amounts of ass? Legacy. Gaining half the AP of every card you have on the field is pretty broken.

VR-Raiden
Sep 26, 2008, 10:56 PM
Oh yes, it was the most reliable and safe way of getting 6 or 7 costers out.

Ranmaru
Sep 26, 2008, 11:42 PM
Haha, don't have that, but I MUST ACQUIRE IT!!! :3 Yes, it is pretty broken.

Outrider
Sep 27, 2008, 01:12 PM
fail.phail

:P

I never used Territory really, it's too likely it'll hurt yourself or your partner.

Come on. If you're going to fail someone, at least do it with some panache.

Larian
Sep 28, 2008, 02:10 AM
Pancake?

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 28, 2008, 02:30 AM
Well, the only thing Cardlevels are good for are acquiring cards. So, maybe you both had better luck, or better decks than them. ;3 Did they have better cards?

In the Semifinals one of em sicked their Bringer on us. They probably just didn't really know what they were doing. We dropped it pretty quickly.

Neither of us had any cards that were above R3 rank.